Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i liked the wn okay, but the manga is much better

Indeed, I gave it a read when the comic was first posted. It's alright, and more than half the story is from her friends viewpoints so you get a better understanding of the specific reasons why they all like her, plus some other details of how she's changing the scenario while still being too dense to realize it.

But the art does a lot to elevate the jokes. Basically every page is golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Thuryl posted:

The first thing that comes to mind along those lines is Kimi Koi Limit by Momono Moto. It starts out on a downbeat note and gets pretty messy but things more or less work out in the end, by some definition of "work out".

That was pretty good. Really, the most grounded thing about it was the premise, though. After that, it kind of comfortably went back to being a romance manga (which isn't a bad thing per se, but y'know…).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Ebisu and Hotei-san maybe?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://mangadex.org/chapter/291145/1

this is great

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

UP AND ADAM posted:

Ebisu and Hotei-san maybe?

This was also very enjoyable, but I feel like both mangas downplay the harsher aspects too much. In Ebisu it's the workplace hazing and her strange familial situation that are kind of brought up but never really explored in a meaningful way. Both aspects are resolved before they can actually become an issue.

I also took a look at Stranger by the Seaside. That feels more grounded, as well, but with a bit of a dreamlike quality. The author's other work doesn't really sit well with me, though. Maybe Qualia Under the Snow was just advertising itself the wrong way, but I feel like you can't really call yourself a "connoisseur of one-night stands" if it's all related to some deep-seated trauma.

It's pleasant. Although, it would be so much better if the monster was an actual eldritch horror like in The Ancient Magus' Bride.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Why is it so hard to find monster girl yuri.

edit: Elias isn't really Eldritch Horror though, he looks something like a Japanese Yokai which can be weird looking but I don't really see a mockery of life from his shape and form.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The heroine sees Cthulhu-sempai playing volleyball, and cannot comprehend her feelings. Heads tilt in impossible ways.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Maybe even spins around 360 degrees.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chumbler posted:

The heroine sees Cthulhu-sempai playing volleyball, and cannot comprehend her feelings. Non-euclidean head tilts.

c'mon, dude

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why is it so hard to find monster girl yuri.

edit: Elias isn't really Eldritch Horror though, he looks something like a Japanese Yokai which can be weird looking but I don't really see a mockery of life from his shape and form.

You're right, he's clearly monstrous, though, which is the important part. Kind of hard to smooch a dog skull. What Yokai does he look like? I always think of Melusine when I see his true form:

chumbler posted:

The heroine sees Cthulhu-sempai playing volleyball, and cannot comprehend her feelings. Heads tilt in impossible ways.

That's why it's so important that she's blind. Any seeing woman would instantly lose her mind.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

And More posted:

That's why it's so important that she's blind. Any seeing woman would instantly lose her mind.

It's easier to be lustful when you can see monster titty.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

And More posted:

You're right, he's clearly monstrous, though, which is the important part. Kind of hard to smooch a dog skull. What Yokai does he look like?

Popular theory is that he's a wendigo, just with less human munching.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The best part about it is that it's not even remotely complete, despite being listed as complete on the site - because there's at least 26 chapters on the artists pixiv.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's easier to be lustful when you can see monster titty.

When there are more titties for you to fondle than your feeble mind could ever comprehend, do you really still need eyes to see?

Brainamp posted:

That would explain the dog skull, but what about the chimaera-thing he's got going on downstairs and the thorns?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Otome Game is so good I wish it was more often than monthly :mad:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Why make the human in your beauty and the beast style story blind if the beast isn't at least kind of off-putting to look at?

Brainamp posted:

Well, less munching now.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://mangadex.org/manga/23181

Seinen romance about a goofball goober freshman college kid trying to woo his weary gradschool senpai

Its simple but good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I checked the data and this is in fact great

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not sure whether to groan or applaud.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFVuuRxM2VU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hi my name is Lesbian Can'tsee

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sindai posted:

Hi my name is Lesbian Can'tsee

What a coincidence, I'm a monster

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
If you're looking for something in the vein of Kaguya, I recently read The Lies of Sheriff Evans

https://mangadex.org/manga/21685

Third chapter introduces the main heroine

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
The author of Ninja Shinobu-san no Junjou has a cute new one-shot

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
....this feels like a gag written entirely around one Japanese person's discovery of the slang "to smash".

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
One time a guy invited himself over to my place to "play smash and chill" and I thought he was letting me know this was a transparent pretext for sex and I thought he was cute so I said yes and then it turned out he was just extremely passionate about competitive smash.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

extremely passionate about competitive smash.

I'm sorry.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

D. Ebdrup posted:

The best part about it is that it's not even remotely complete, despite being listed as complete on the site - because there's at least 26 chapters on the artists pixiv.

"Completed" is the publishing status, not the TL status. It just means the work is finished in its original language.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Petition for new thread rule: Dis no longer allowed to post things without telling us what they are. :colbert:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/jawbreaker/

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
it's a great rule except for the last six words ふふふ

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sharkopath posted:

Seinen romance about a goofball goober freshman college kid trying to woo his weary gradschool senpai

Its simple but good.
How loving dare you post something this cute that only has two chapters

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

read her other stuff too

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Man, this sure escalated as quickly as that one panel suggested. Where the hell do you go from there?

By the way, Biedermann is a German term for someone who is overly conservative and square, possibly while being a hypocrite about it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Its simple but good.

Something about this reminds me of REDLINE of all things.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Another short chapter of My Girlfriend is the Best!

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Thank you! <3

Edit: ahahaha they're both so hosed up it's great.

The_White_Crane fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 6, 2018

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I don't know how much Ikinari paid the Komi-san mangaka, but it was worth it. Just had a filet mignon over there and it was delicious and reasonably priced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Agronox posted:

I don't know how much Ikinari paid the Komi-san mangaka, but it was worth it. Just had a filet mignon over there and it was delicious and reasonably priced.

Huh, that's a real place. Cool. Not even a Sabowey or Starbakes this time.