Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
30x on Kafrizzle is kind of insane anyway. It’s higher than fully stacked enhanced FFB. At least the JP enhancements gave it a lower top-end than FFB just so the slowly stacking ability could eventually be better. As long as you can provide an imperil and mana regen (hello best buddy Ace) he’s going to be incredibly bonkers for anything Emperor would be good at until 7* hits. Then we’ll see what happens I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Just a friendly PSA: Don't be stupid like me and save up 600k+ raid coins to spend all at once. I turned in all of my Garuda coins and spent about the last 5 hours fusing units and using cactuars on characters I'll never use just to get my unit count low enough to actually play. :smith:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Just a friendly PSA: Don't be stupid like me and save up 600k+ raid coins to spend all at once. I turned in all of my Garuda coins and spent about the last 5 hours fusing units and using cactuars on characters I'll never use just to get my unit count low enough to actually play. :smith:

Come on dude you'll have a much easier time in expeditions now.

5 hours seems high though.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I was doing the fusing off and on while watching movies, and I had 2500 units to sift through. The gil snappers accounted for maybe 300 of that, and they were the easy part.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Does doing more damage to raid bosses have any benefit, or is it just for fun?

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Skyridge posted:

Just for fun.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
And the ff14 ones are always worse because they shower you in actual units. It’s not so bad on the rest of raids where it’s only cactuars and turtles and filler. I’m hoping we’ll have cactuar fusing by the time the bahamut raid is over because I’m running out of units I care about leveling and I’ve only got 20 unit slots free. I’ve got about 90 cactuar kings saved up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Skyridge posted:

Contributes more damage to leveling up the raid boss.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

hamburgers in pockets posted:

With my luck I would run out of awakening materials for those units, have to ditch all the cactuars, then pull a OP rainbow and have no way to enhance..

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Rather than smashing all the Yshtolas together for useless Shard of Genius materia, level each of them up to 30ish (one king minitaur or 4 gigantaurs) and sell them all for loads of cash. Also helps you get rid of some of the excess cactaurs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

hagie posted:

With my luck I would run out of awakening materials for those units, have to ditch all the cactuars, then pull a OP rainbow and have no way to enhance..

That's actually how it works so do that.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I use my extra raid-summon cactaurs to make a bunch of lv80 Yshtolas. They are decent expedition units with their own gear, and later you can use them as XP fusion fodder. They give 459K XP, which is 40% of the XP used to level them.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Isn't True Shard of Genius pretty good, actually? +25% spirit and defense sounds great for units like Mystea and healers.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Loading up Ayaka or Chow, with either materia, makes for hilarious SPR levels

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Yea I'm keeping two of them around but the other Ysh would definitely be better as money fodder than extra ones of those.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Dailed a dragonlord so I can finally join like, everyone else

RikkidoSeph
Jul 31, 2014

Pulled a Roy on my daily today really burning my rainbow luck up that's 4 rainbows in one week 3 of them consecutively.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Tossed a random 4* ticket and got Orochi.

Hail Hydra

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

Hail Hydra

There’s chatter that his TMR is gonna be BIS for fixed dice TDH builds.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I’m sure that would help if I had a Cloud or whatever that chick is he was paired with on that banner. Elfreeda?

The wording on it makes it sound like you only get the 40% boost when your HP meets that point.

hagie fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 6, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Acelerion posted:

Dailed a dragonlord so I can finally join like, everyone else

Looking at the Famitsu wiki, Dragonlord is the worst 7*. Still pretty useful though!

hagie posted:

Hail Hydra

Lucky! I've got all be him. Her? Them.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Nah. The 40% is unconditional. Just has a crisis buff too. There’s enough room for % buffs in FD builds that it’s always a consideration. Even getting into stmrs there’s nothing off the top of my head that’s 40%+ that doesn’t require a weapon type. And I think there’s still no thrown weapon mastery at all.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Ugato posted:

Nah. The 40% is unconditional. Just has a crisis buff too. There’s enough room for % buffs in FD builds that it’s always a consideration. Even getting into stmrs there’s nothing off the top of my head that’s 40%+ that doesn’t require a weapon type. And I think there’s still no thrown weapon mastery at all.

Adventurer V!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

arisu posted:

Adventurer V!

Sorry, yes, I was just thinking about JP stuff. We have a really nice advantage in that regard. Those of you around when expeditions dropped are probably working on or done with the 3rd adv 5, too. They don’t stack, so you might want 1 orochi TM depending on how much passive tdh the unit has.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 6, 2018

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Yea I was just being cheeky. I am definitely cooking up 2 Orochi TMs as we speak.

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.

Ugato posted:

Vincent’s TMR is 60% ATK/-30% SPR. That’s the only one I can think of.

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011

Ugato posted:

The 4* units on Ignis and CG Citras banners have unconditional 40% atk materia.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ugato posted:

Sorry, yes, I was just thinking about JP stuff. We have a really nice advantage in that regard. Those of you around when expeditions dropped are probably working on or done with the 3rd adv 5, too. They don’t stack, so you might want 1 orochi TM depending on how much passive tdh the unit has.

I haven't crafted my 2nd one yet and I'm sitting on like 6-7k of the tokens just in case they go and add an Adventurer VI materia with the 2 year anniversary or something. Make it take one Adventurer V materia and 5k tokens to have it become a 50% atk/def/spr/mag/hp materia. :black101:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Did Noctis get a drop rate bump or something? My friends list is like half Noctises.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I hope we get CG Lid this week. I don't care about the FF4 banner, nor do I want another King Mog event. I'd also like another story event to replenish the T1s.

My tickets are ready Gumi!

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Its Sephiroth!
Of course, Gumi completely shafted us on the step ups.

Original
Step 1: 10% Trust Moogle
Step 2: 5★ Rate x1.5
Step 3: Guaranteed 5★
Step 4: 5★ Rate x2 + Guaranteed Silt
Step 5: 5★ Rate x3 + Guaranteed Sephiroth OR Lila

Ours:
Step 1: 10% Trust Moogle (ALL)
Step 2: Guaranteed 4★ Silt
Step 3: Guaranteed 5★ Unit (Random Unit)
Step 4: 10% Chance 5★ Ticket
Step 5: Guaranteed Sephiroth OR Lila

Sooo, there's really no reason to pull on this one at all. Guess I'll keep saving for like Ignis or something. 110k lapis and counting.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, they could at least matched the later 10+1 step ups if they thought Sephs banner was too good but this change makes it basically useless. I'm not spending 25k per lap without higher rainbow rates and the 4ths lap is insulting

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m at least gonna take one lap. But that’s probably all.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well someone posted the maths and the rate of getting Lila's and Sephs per lap isn't that different, it's just the general non banner rainbows that take a poo poo. I'm probably spending tickets, if I pull a Seph from them I'll do a lap. If I don't I'll horde for Raegan

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well someone posted the maths and the rate of getting Lila's and Sephs per lap isn't that different, it's just the general non banner rainbows that take a poo poo. I'm probably spending tickets, if I pull a Seph from them I'll do a lap. If I don't I'll horde for Raegan

Unless Sephiroth is a husbando, save your tickets for CG Nichol. CG Nichol is a single rainbow banner (unless it gets gummied...), you’ll have a better chance at snagging him through tickets than Seph. I’m gonna dump all my tickets going after two CG Nichols so I’ll have his seven star when the meta hits.

But husbando rules apply, whale out for the units you like, who cares if it’s poo poo tier or god tier.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Nichol is my reverse husbando, even if his CG version is broken as poo poo, I just don't care at all for him.

I also managed to get my BS Sakura over 1k Mag today, which isn't really newsworthy, but for me as a non-macro player it was very satisfying to see that number.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm not pulling for either nic or lid. I've got two zargamen and I hope advances in the buffer demographic means he gets good enhancements and 7* form. And my first UoC is going to Lorren for my breaking needs.

E- I'm exited for dragon killer girls enhancements. Will she get different frames on her attack as well?

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:24 on May 7, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
This is the weirdest release schedule. They still have to go back and release Gabranth (I assume which will include at least Zarg enhancements?). I honestly have no idea what to expect any more. I’d like to do one lap of the step up just to get Sephiroth. He’s not my favorite character but he’s definitely my chaining husbando. I’m still undecided if I will though - I’d be really disappointed to get 25k in and only end up with a junk random 5* and Lila.

For those of you still hunting for mystea - Shylt is essentially a second copy of her. And his TMR is 50% spr.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Finally got around to finishing a 2nd L&A though it's not actually worth giving to my Fryevia. On the upside, it means I can run TTerra with dual wield, rod master, L&A x2, and then Mateus's Malice + Fryevia's Needle once her 7* shows up in a few months I guess.

I wonder how much they'll screw us on UoC tickets, or if they'll just never add them.

Trilin posted:

Its Sephiroth!
Of course, Gumi completely shafted us on the step ups.

Ours:
Step 1: 10% Trust Moogle (ALL)
Step 2: Guaranteed 4★ Silt
Step 3: Guaranteed 5★ Unit (Random Unit)
Step 4: 10% Chance 5★ Ticket
Step 5: Guaranteed Sephiroth OR Lila

Sooo, there's really no reason to pull on this one at all. Guess I'll keep saving for like Ignis or something. 110k lapis and counting.

:lol:

Gumi's a bunch of miserly assholes. Guess this means Reagan's banner is also going to be a nerfed bullshit step up with no 5* rate boosts too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm not pulling for either nic or lid. I've got two zargamen and I hope advances in the buffer demographic means he gets good enhancements and 7* form. And my first UoC is going to Lorren for my breaking needs.

E- I'm exited for dragon killer girls enhancements. Will she get different frames on her attack as well?

I wish I'd pulled for Loren, I'd rather have her than CG Lid and while I'm pulling for Lid because I don't have her, Auron definitely lessens her window of usefulness unless they Gumi it up and either release CG Lid 7* earlier or delay Auron.

I'm going to try and get one of each and hope that Gumi doesn't gently caress us on the UoC tickets so that I can grab a second copy by the time they're released. Then it's back to saving for GE banners(they mentioned the Fan-made units should be available over the summer) and Hyou.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 7, 2018

• Locked thread