Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yikes, they somehow turned that trash into even worse trash?

I will always defend the Tobias and Gob plots from that season, but yes, they’ve managed to screw up a lot of the jokes that actually worked the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Wait, what is this? They re-built the episodes or something? Why would they even do that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wait, what is this? They re-built the episodes or something? Why would they even do that.

People complained about the character-centric episodes, and they mistakenly thought this was a good idea.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Honestly that's on them that people complained. You don't break with classic structure during your big fan demanded comeback. Capital Eff Fans don't want invention during the comeback; they want that warm blanket of nostalgia. Hell, that's what I wanted. There's no compelling reason for more Arrested Development, besides that I liked old Arrested Development.

gently caress knows why they bothered remixing. Maybe to drum up enough popular support to get a fifth season made. Even if it sucks a remixed season four shows contrition to their fanboys.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Papa John Misty posted:

Was there a David Cross 'revelation' aside from "was a dick and said 'ching chong' to Charlyne Yi in some bad character"?

When he doubled down and said she was mis-remembering the incident, following it with a #rashomon hashtag.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty
Honestly one of the bigger problems (to me) with season 4, aside from the jokes that didn't land and the awkwardness of the episode structure, was the run time. 30-35 minutes per episode is ~50% longer than a standard 22 minute TV cut, and it's absolutely noticeable. Episodes just drag and jokes that should have been punched up and made snappier are instead worn thin.

I've only watched the first episode of the remix so far and while it still has a lot of the issues that the original cut did in regards to the jokes and all the green screen, it definitely feels more "watchable".

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
ugh. Im still grossed out by the scenes with young george and lucille played by seth rogan and kristen wig. Thats gotta be like the worst casting decision ever made

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Blind Rasputin posted:

1) one of the big criticisms of s4 was that it was really weirdly structured; the idea of the recut is, in theory, to make it gel better with the other seasons by structuring it a little more traditionally

2) season 5's coming up. it's been a while since s4, s4 wasn't super well received, plus the whole deal with Tambor's sexual assault accusations happened, so they're probably anticipating a big dropoff in viewer numbers. the recut gets eyes on the show again and possibly mitigates this a little.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The remix was originally on option on the DVD release.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

ugh. Im still grossed out by the scenes with young george and lucille played by seth rogan and kristen wig. Thats gotta be like the worst casting decision ever made

You’re nuts. Wiig was pitch perfect

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Part of me wants to watch the new mix of AD, but the rest of me remembers the sharp disappointment of watching it went it came out and says “nope”.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

DeimosRising posted:

You’re nuts. Wiig was pitch perfect

I thought she was great. Rogen was good too.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Timby posted:

When he doubled down and said she was mis-remembering the incident, following it with a #rashomon hashtag.

Maybe she was misremembering it.

#hiddenfortress

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Dear White People S2: It's was obvious right away that AltIvy was going to be an existing character (but not Kurt), but they ended up surprising me, which was stupid of me because Silvio is obviously Milo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Anon is pretty drat good. Moody brooding cyberpunk with Clive Owen. Netflix.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Jose Oquendo posted:

In case anyone cared, Cobra Kai is really good.

It really is. There's a lot more going on in this show than people might expect; the characters are pretty complex. Absolutely worth watching.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Cobra Kai is awesome yo

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
Cobra Kai is as good as this stuff gets.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

precision posted:

Clive Owen.

Sold. Dude has been one of my favorite actors ever since I saw Children of Men when it came out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m like 15 minutes into XXX return of Xander Cage and I can’t tell if this supposed to be parody or not

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

veni veni veni posted:

I’m like 15 minutes into XXX return of Xander Cage and I can’t tell if this supposed to be parody or not

im pretty sure they new what they were making. xxx and xxx3 are amazingly bad films and i love them. i cannot remember a single frame of xxx2 but ive only seen it once.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I thought it was a lot of fun, you just kind of have to go with it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. It's hilarious. It doesn't seem to take itself seriously or anything but I also don't think I'm supposed to be lmfaoing at the image of CGI Vin Diesel doing completely implausible skateboard tricks at 90mph.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Netflix: I think Rain's boring. Nothing special post-apocalypse show.

The AD remix is way too recap heavy.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 6, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Oops

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Anyone watch Anon on Netflix? Love the actor, the beginning is the most blatant rip off of Watch Dogs I’ve ever seen in film.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lycus posted:

Netflix: I think Rain's boring. Nothing special post-apocalypse show.

The AD remix is way too recap heavy.

I’m digging The Rain. It’s well worn territory but it’s fairly well done and I’m a huge sucker for post apocalyptic stuff.

The soundtrack fuckin sucks though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 6, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I liked the first couple episodes okay, but it got too draggy for me after that. But yeah, if you dig post-apocalypse shows, that's another to eat up.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Where can I watch Cobra Kai?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

What is Cobra Kai

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Blind Rasputin posted:

What is Cobra Kai

Series sequel to The Karate Kid. It's on YouTube Red, but the first episode is free.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Blind Rasputin posted:

Anyone watch Anon on Netflix? Love the actor, the beginning is the most blatant rip off of Watch Dogs I’ve ever seen in film.

Yeah, it's really good once it gets going. Great cyberpunk.

Also yeah Cobra Kai is dope as gently caress.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

veni veni veni posted:

I’m digging The Rain. It’s well worn territory but it’s fairly well done and I’m a huge sucker for post apocalyptic stuff.

The soundtrack fuckin sucks though.

I love post apocalyptic stuff as well but Im wary to try this as every review of it Ive read says its terrible. Mostly people say its a good idea but the writing and acting is awful

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hm. I wouldn't say it's great but I wouldn't call it awful so far. Its a little hokey. It sits kind of in this middle ground between something you can take seriously and cheesy teen poo poo.

I dunno I'm only 2 episodes in. It might get worse and it's honestly probably a C+ even now but I'm finding it super entertaining.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Is youtube red worth the price? I'm moving out of my house with shared netflix/hbo/etc, and I'll only have amazon prime video at my new place.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

red19fire posted:

Is youtube red worth the price? I'm moving out of my house with shared netflix/hbo/etc, and I'll only have amazon prime video at my new place.

Yes, but only because it comes free with Google Play and it gets rid of all ads on Youtube. I've had it for probably 4 years and Cobra Kai is the first show they have done I've even considered watching. Otherwise their programming is literal trash.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Apparently Joseph Khan's new movie Bodied is gonna be on youtube red and I watched it last night and it kicks rear end

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tbh I don't even really know what content is Red or just regular Youtube most of the time.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Yeah Anon was a good quiet cyberpunk detective movie. I enjoyed it and liked the plot gimmick quite a bit. It was a bit boring. The rotten tomatoes reviews are harsh af and I can see why, if you don’t have a predisposition or soft spot for brutalist architecture and cyberpunk you’d probably find this really slow and drag rear end.

I had the Rain and Cargo mixed up in my head. I’m very exited for Cargo to drop on Netflix. Martin Freeman in a post-apoc setting will be rad.

Trailer for this who’ve missed it. Hype train all aboard
https://youtu.be/W5QJW0M5pik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Was watching Wild Wild Country. Holy poo poo.