Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Dementropy posted:

We don't like the term "cafeteria." We prefer to call it the refactory.

how much did this cost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

BeigeJacket posted:

I've never understood the LTI and war bonds and CCUs, it's just loving gibberish.

This is fine because :cig: doesn't either.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Awesome! posted:

how much did this cost?

In Star Citizen dollars or real dollars?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/2qWStGL.gifv

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

I'm still amazed at how this poo poo has gone on so long we are in the realm of bards passing down myths through song.

It's interesting how twisted this narrative has become.

A concierge backer that appeared on streams and ran security for Citcon was sexually harassing people on the forums with explicit pictures. When the victim complained Ben Lesnick banned them. When Goons complained about Ben banning the person being sexually harassed he called out Goons as an organization and threatened to ban everyone unless they stopped talking about the sexual harassment.

People with EVE PTSD/Goonfear saw this as an official condemnation from CIG/RSI of Goons and their "agendas." It's evolved that goons were bitter CIG rebuked their "Social Justice Warrior" agendas and apparently is now that we were somehow blackmailing CIG, somehow, for some reason.

You can tell how strong the EVE PTSD/Goonfear still is because people are clinging to a 4 year old angry forums post by the creepy racist Community Manager denouncing people trying to stop sexual harassment as some kind of win for them because the critics were goons.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

this looks like such poo poo. Who would want to play this boring rear end game?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

There is no way this concept raked in 180M. I'd be impressed if they passed ~50M.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
By the time this "game" is "out", the shitizens will be the only fuckers in the planet to know what a SA goon is.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I fear Adz Adama is going to crack one day and butt-machinegun some random developers.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Beet Wagon posted:

new jpeg prices:

C2 (civilian cargo): $300 fresh cash/$360 store credit

M2 (militarized cargo): $400 fresh cash/$480 store credit

A2 (gunship): $600 fresh cash/$700 store credit

As usual, only fresh cash purchases come with LTI and there's a $1500 bundle that includes all three

:laffo: like what does it take for people to go "hang on I think these guys might be loving me"

I'm just catching up on the state of SC now and holy poo poo they actually charge a different price for new cash vs refund money. That's so hilariously scammy hahahaha how are people still giving them money.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm just catching up on the state of SC now and holy poo poo they actually charge a different price for new cash vs refund money. That's so hilariously scammy hahahaha how are people still giving them money.

They also sell gift cards, but they don't count as cash.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
/StarCitizen: The Marvelous Secrets of the Premium Conflagration of Whaledom

quote:

The event was a ton of fun. The food was great. It was filmed so I'm pretty sure you'll get to see and hear a lot of what we did. That being said, I don't think we're allowed to talk about any of it yet.

Chris was nice enough to sign my orgs shirt as well, so that was super cool.
https://i.imgur.com/vRL3uTx.jpg

“Chris was nice enough to sign my orgs shirt...”

You paid him $350 — the dude owes you more than an autograph.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Even if SC came out tomorrow with all promised features, (which it wont ever) while it would be pretty impressive it would be the most pay2win game imaginable. Do people really want that? Whoever gives Crobberts the most money wins.

I guess EVE is the same deal since you can buy plex.

trucutru posted:

They also sell gift cards, but they don't count as cash.

god drat, that's amazing.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So did he try to sell them stock tonight or what

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Thoatse posted:

Whatcha thinkin bout..

...besides incels?

quote:

Escaping one night and murdering you in your sleep, for keeping me a prisoner all this time.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Remember that weird promotion where you had to find the hidden potty in every CIG video to win a real potty?

well squatty potty was not a joke.

Uh?

How exactly does a crossover like this happen?

I know CIG puts out poo poo, but do they really need to roll around in it too?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Sarsapariller posted:

So did he try to sell them stock tonight or what

But more importantly. Did everyone find their way to the dinner table safely or did they all glitch and hopelessly bumped into each other while carrying their food trays?

Does the curse of the mo-capped cafeteria scene extent to the real life if the "actors" are the same amount of stupid?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

G0RF posted:

/StarCitizen: The Marvelous Secrets of the Premium Conflagration of Whaledom

“Chris was nice enough to sign my orgs shirt...”

You paid him $350 — the dude owes you more than an autograph.

I am really curious, if some kind of company share deal was offered.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Also, when getting probated on SA the time is shown in some weird us time zone, even if you choose GMT in the user control panel.

WTF SA, I PAID TOP DOLLAR FOR FORUM FIDELITY.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

AutismVaccine posted:

I am really curious, if some kind of company share deal was offered.

Bear in mind anything financial might well be under NDA. We could well only discover those shares have been sold when CIG make their next accounts filing.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Mne nravitsya posted:

He’s the worst kind. He’s a poser perfectionist who has no idea how to describe what he actually wants, but he’s more then happy to tell someone that something they’ve been slaving over for days (from his last feedback session) is not what he is looking for. Thus, sending that person spiraling for another batch of days and nights trying to come up with something he will like. Any CIG people reading this and having some ptsd from the description?

DA was the only studio I’ve ever had the displeasure of sleeping under my desk numerous nights. Many employees had pillows next to their desk, and it was a prairie dog culture. If someone popped up late at night from their cubicle and tried to go home, everyone else would pop up and look at that person and they would either sit back down, or know they were getting ratted out the next day to the leaders.

A couple of rat-outs and you were gone

holy poo poo that is some extremely dysfunctional and miserable management

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

trucutru posted:

MoMA would too, but he's Toast.

hosed up if true.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

They're killing him and it's very pretty looking but still kind of depressing.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
No shares or crypto currency , sorry

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

EightAce posted:

I feel like they would have been bridges too far for CIG right now. That sort of thing really should be the final death rattle.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I don't think they are above using cryptocurrency to scam people right now I just think Sandi and CRoberts are so old fashioned they wouldn't want to do it.

They remember a better time when you could live in your store and ride from town to town selling your wares, only to disappear in the night before everyone realizes that the cocaine water you sold them isn't actually a curative. Who needs these fancy hashing chains? Good old fashioned flashy presentations and $350 dinners are enough.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I don't think they are above using cryptocurrency to scam people right now I just think Sandi and CRoberts are so old fashioned they wouldn't want to do it.

They remember a better time when you could live in your store and ride from town to town selling your wares, only to disappear in the night before everyone realizes that the cocaine water you sold them isn't actually a curative. Who needs these fancy hashing chains? Good old fashioned flashy presentations and $350 dinners are enough.

I think the jpegs themselves work like cryptocurrency already.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

EightAce posted:

What a

NOTHINGBURGER
O
T
H
I
N
G
B
U
R
G
E
R

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
To the surprise of absolutely no one.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Thoatse posted:

In Star Citizen dollars or real dollars?

Stimperial Credits will do fine...

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Dooguk posted:

They think they are investing. :)

The words they write is insane.

"$700 is a good deal".

"The normal verison is just $300".

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8h5eif/cig_your_promotions_are_getting_out_of_control/

:gary:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

BeigeJacket posted:

I've never understood the LTI and war bonds and CCUs, it's just loving gibberish.

Fear not my friend. I dived deep in my post history

Bootcha posted:

Can someone explain to me the LTI tolkens they do/did awhile back, when what how?

Combat Theory posted:

LTI is attributed to the original package that you buy.

Say you wanna buy an expensive ship. you are lucky, it goes on concept sale. You buy it and get LTI because it has not been offered before.

Now lets say you want a ship that has been sold before, or its actually already flight ready. You can buy it with 6 month insurance usually. However, as the ship is already in the system, there are CCUs for it, Cross Chassis Upgrades. Basically an exchange of the ship in an existing Package for the Price difference to the new ship (these are strict upgrades only - no 0 Dollar anymore or downgrades)

CCUs from a ship go onto the system the moment the Ship goes onto the store first time.

Since the CCUs do not change the insurance or any other details in the package, you can buy cheap concept ships with LTI and CCU them to anything you want, that will inherit the LTI from the concept sale you upgraded from (these cheap concept ships are LTI tokens).

This system was especially thriving since CCUs wouldnt expire. and there were 0 Dollar options before (change a ship to another one for the same value) so you could stockpile them. One of my friends stockpiled over 3000 0 dollar CCUs for example.

With these stockpiles of 0 Dollar CCUs, you could leverage out any kind of artificial scarcity in their system they used to hype sales, while making a nice plus on the grey market yourself with LTI ships that were long gone (or are "rare" due to artificial scarcity)

CIG tried to get rid of this system but there was a huge backlash about it and the community had a meltdown in the most hillarious manner. Of course when CIG gave just 1 inch (in this case a 6 month timer for 0 Dollar CCUs) they all declared victory and went back to praising their stimperial overlords

XK posted:

I still don't understand how hoarding CCUs works.

Combat Theory posted:

you circumvent the artificial scarcity through hoarding CCUs. its a bit like playing "sinking ships". The 0 $ CCU was the core of that. it means you get unlimited ammunition.

Let me make an example

Ship A goes on concept sale. Some high priced nonsense with LTI. Ship A will only be offered for a limited amount of Time overall (for special "sales") and so do the CCUs.

Ship B is a constant addition to the store. always available

Ship B is exactly the same Value as Ship A

Ship C is a concept Ship of lesser value than the others, it comes with LTI during its initial sale

You stockpile any CCU to ship A that is 0 Dollars.

When ship C goes on sale, heres what you would do

1.You buy Ship C.
2.Buy a CCU to ship B (which will cost the difference in Price)
3. Apply the stockpiled 0$ CCU to ship A

you now have Ship A with LTI possibly months or years after its initial concept sale and call sell it on the Grey market for a higher price than originally (not anymore of course, sorry MoMa)

XK posted:

Why can you have hundreds of CCUs without having hundreds of ships? Why can you defer chassis upgrades?

I had always assumed the upgrade process was take one ship, buy upgrade, now you have different ship. It sounds like I can have one ship, and buy as many CCUs as I want, then just sit on them.

It sounds extremely shady.

Combat Theory posted:

Multiple Reasons

1. Like any CIG product, the Store Design is as bulletproof as the toilet paper that has the Stimpire.txt on it

2. There would be no reason to stockpile CCUs that have actual Value, since you would be paying to sit on them (and the goal is to not inflate your account Value in RSI obviously)

3. CCUs were intially just a lazy addition to the store itself (see point 1)

XK posted:

Do you need to already have ship B in order to acquire the CCUs to ship A?

Combat Theory posted:

No. all CCUs are available to everyone at any time, exept for those to ships that are not "on sale" currently

e: removed a paragraph that read confusing

XK posted:

You don't even need to own the ship you are CCUing from?! Are CCUs to ship A agnostic about what ship you are converting from, as long as the price is the same? Like, a CCU token isn't from "ship a -> ship b", it's simply "-> ship a"?

Combat Theory posted:

Yes you do not need to own any of the ships to acquire a CCU. You dont even need a Game package.

No CCUs are bound to both origin and goal ship. Thats the Point about the 0 $ CCU you just blindly "buy" everything (not a buy since you dont have to pay for it)

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 11:27 on May 5, 2018

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

interesting take on watching cr unable to play his own game.

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

CiG have been quite good recently at keeping the backers sweet by not saying anything that could endanger the dickhead fantasies the backers have about being pirates or running a hairdressers in space for retired ballet dancers or whatever.

But they can never hide the need for cash. The grubby hand of Roberts extends once more...

The Star Citizen show moves slowly but it's still capable of bringing the laughs.

Out of interest, wasn't it said in the big "Can you steal ships" drama that no-one would ever lose a ship permanently that they had paid real money for? If so, what does LTI do that's different from that?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Peter.Quint posted:

CiG have been quite good recently at keeping the backers sweet by not saying anything that could endanger the dickhead fantasies the backers have about being pirates or running a hairdressers in space for retired ballet dancers or whatever.

But they can never hide the need for cash. The grubby hand of Roberts extends once more...

The Star Citizen show moves slowly but it's still capable of bringing the laughs.

Out of interest, wasn't it said in the big "Can you steal ships" drama that no-one would ever lose a ship permanently that they had paid real money for? If so, what does LTI do that's different from that?

LTI makes you not pay X amount to renew your insurance every Y time

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I think that's about twice as expensive as a while back when I visited PAX West and stayed maybe two blocks from the venue. That was with most nearby hotels being sold out, too.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

Racists are the worst of all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Daztek posted:

LTI makes you not pay X amount to renew your insurance every Y time

OK, so you are always insured. But what if you buy a ship with real money but no LTI and you get destroyed without insurance? Do you get it back anyway or lose it forever?