Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

RBA-Wintrow posted:

I don't know about any skaven ones, but I suspect they are equally hilarious.

They tend to involve rats pissing on each other, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
My biggest grips is that it feels like they pushed Norsca to late May to have the April/early May window free to launch their Total War Saga game.

The upside is that I expect a more support/faster DLCs from late May on.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

My biggest grips is that it feels like they pushed Norsca to late May to have the April/early May window free to launch their Total War Saga game.

The upside is that I expect a more support/faster DLCs from late May on.

This pretty obviously is what happened, given that in the time they supposedly needed just to implement Norsca, they also found the time to finish a lord pack and a bunch of free stuff.

Plus looking at Steamdb, they started opening up a bunch of extra branches and DLC slots like a month ago, I would not be surprised if they're already working on the next DLC while waiting for the ToB marketing window to close.

From what they've said and how they've shifted around FLC slots, I'm pretty sure the original DLC schedule was something like:

Tomb Kings in December
First Lord Pack in Feb+Free HE Lord for MWNL instead of the pointless map pack.
Second Lord Pack in May, allowing two months for Rome 2 DLC and Thrones to come out.

Basically as soon as they knew they couldn't hit Feb for Norsca they already knew it was going to be May because March/April was taken by other releases.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Well, depends on what they want to do with the game. They don’t need to deal with large single entity monsters in ToB for instance, but do need to handle ship to ship combat, something that Warhammer’s does not. So rather than taking an already bloated engine for their goal, it might make more sense to go back to an earlier version and add the stuff they do need.

fair enough i don't know what I'm talkin' about really
just attila ran like poo poo and WH1 ran very nicely, since Saga looks like its being done by the B-Team I'm a little worried they won't optimise it as well. Then again WH2 is kinda a mess so who knows

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

nopantsjack posted:

fair enough i don't know what I'm talkin' about really
just attila ran like poo poo and WH1 ran very nicely, since Saga looks like its being done by the B-Team I'm a little worried they won't optimise it as well. Then again WH2 is kinda a mess so who knows

According to people given early access ToB runs significantly better than Warhammer.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

RBA-Wintrow posted:

When does it crash? When you click "end turn" or during the turn processing.
If so, what faction is up when it crashes?
There is a diplomacy action bug where npc factions talk to each other during turn end and create a crash. Try giving a small gift to every faction you have contact with to change the AI's actions at the turn's end.

It happens at the very end, so I'm not sure if it crashes because of something the last rogue army did or if it crashes when trying to start the next turn.

Also, I like the Exiles of Nehek but not their starting point, so I booted up a new campaign, spent a couple turns getting a full 20 stack, and went on a pilgrimage to Ulthuan, settling down in the Nagarythe wasteland province. It took someone else taking out Scourge of Khaine's stack, but by about turn 27 I was able to secure the province as well as Unicorn Gate (holy crap Gates are amazing for Tomb Kings) to finish my successful transplant. My original two settlements back in dumb dark elf land got ruined by beastmen, which moved my capital to Tor Dranil, which means I had easy access to a port and trade agreements with all the Ulthuan factions. Now I just need to get my armies on a boat down to the west coast of desert land and start claiming my rightful throne.

Reik fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 2, 2018

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

According to people given early access ToB runs significantly better than Warhammer.

nice thats good to hear, im pretty excited for it but I only get to play for a day before I gotta leave home for a bit
not sure who to play as though, id play strathclyde cause they're near where I live but they seem more welsh than scottish so I'll probably go with Circenn. Oddly most of the rosters arent very different between factions within the same culture, but the gaels get two seperate rosters for the irish and scots

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I'm personally quite excited about ToB, but then, I am an archaeologist. Only reason I haven't got it is cashflow issues this month.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
It's going to be hard to fall back into the relative vanilla historical setting after TWW. Like I couldn't even swing S2 or R2 in the break before TWW/2. The flavor in Warhams is incredible

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
I will pay CA any amount of money they ask for in exchange for adding Skaven to ToB

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

I will pay CA any amount of money they ask for in exchange for adding Skaven to ToB

Man, can you imagine how amazing it would be? Skaven, Orcs, Chaos, whatever. Have it be the secret endgame. You just united half of Britain, and are nearing the victory condition when suddenly a cutscene plays as Archaon emerges from the Scottish highlands

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

Forums poster Tiler Kiwi has already posted the proof in the TW historical thread:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Daily reminder to never ally with a dwarf.
I teamed up with one of the minor dwarven factions since I figured they could help me clear out Clan Mors, but once Mors was gone, they decided they were just gonna declare war on random factions they don't even border.

Edit: Also, I'm not getting any Blessed Spawning quests on Kroq-Gar in ME. Another bug? I got tons in Vortex.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 3, 2018

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I want to know if the Scots or the Tomb King like the English less.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: Also, I'm not getting any Blessed Spawning quests on Kroq-Gar in ME. Another bug? I got tons in Vortex.

Yeah they been broken in the ME since Tomb Kings.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Don't think this has been posted, but someone somehow made a mod that allows REGION TRADING with your allies.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1376337924

The author admits it's gonna be developed more, as all you can do for now is buy regions from your allies. You must have more than 50 approval/rep with them And at least one region in the same province to buy it, but that's for balance. Says he's gonna look into giving regions to allies, which would be sweet. Either way, a lot of people have been waiting for something like this.

Why has CA avoided implementing this? Balance issues? Lore reasons? If factions were limited only being able to buy or receive parts of their loreful home region, that'd be a good way to balance as well.

Truecon420 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 3, 2018

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Truecon420 posted:

Don't think this has been posted, but someone somehow made a mod that allows REGION TRADING with your allies.

The author admits it's gonna be developed more, as all you can do for now is buy regions from your allies. You must have more than 50 approval/rep with them And at least one region in the same province to buy it, but that's for balance. Says he's gonna look into giving regions to allies, which would be sweet. Either way, a lot of people have been waiting for something like this.

Why has CA avoided implementing this? Balance issues? Lore reasons? If factions were limited only being able to buy or receive parts of their loreful home region, that'd be a good way to balance as well.

Because it's already easy to poo poo all over the AI in trade, and god drat Civ has had issues with massive abuse of city trading, a game that focuses only on that aspect of the game. I think the loreful home region aspect might make it a good mod tho.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
You could skew the trading such that for every 1 settlement the player gets they have to give up two?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Because it's already easy to poo poo all over the AI in trade, and god drat Civ has had issues with massive abuse of city trading, a game that focuses only on that aspect of the game. I think the loreful home region aspect might make it a good mod tho.

How do you poo poo all over the AI in trade? Isn't it always mutually beneficial?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Truecon420 posted:

Because it's incredibly easy to abuse.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Nothing will ever be as stupid as Shogun 2. Selling worthless miltary access to far off randos was extremely proftable.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Truecon420 posted:

I think the last TW game that allowed settlement trading was Empire Total War and the AI couldn't handle it at all. It would do stuff like - as France - trade the entire province of France in exchange for a couple Caribbean islands. You'd think it'd be easy enough to code some exceptions so the AI never trades away its homelands or priority provinces but instead they just disabled the ability to do it.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

jokes posted:

How do you poo poo all over the AI in trade? Isn't it always mutually beneficial?

As John Charity Spring said, old Total War AI would do stuff like Iroquois Hannover in Empire Total War. That said, I'm super glad for that mod, even if the AI never actually uses region trading and it's just a glorified console command for cleaning up bordergore. I'll be even more glad once you can give the AI regions, because I'm loving sick of repeatedly sacking some shithole and hoping they get a clue.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

toasterwarrior posted:

As John Charity Spring said, old Total War AI would do stuff like Iroquois Hannover in Empire Total War. That said, I'm super glad for that mod, even if the AI never actually uses region trading and it's just a glorified console command for cleaning up bordergore. I'll be even more glad once you can give the AI regions, because I'm loving sick of repeatedly sacking some shithole and hoping they get a clue.

Yeah, I don't even really care about scamming good providence away for garbage, I just want the ability to donate unwanted cities to allies so I don't have to either waste resource and time building up unfavorable climate shitholes or send an army back every 15 turns to clear out a region when enemies repeatedly resettle the ruins.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

In multiple Vortex play-throughs I've seen AI Teclis kick rear end across Lustria, gaining massive territories, yet never taking the Mud Isle and completing his home province. If this mod will let me pick it up for him then trade it away I will be pleased as punch, I never understood why the AI steadfast refused to complete starting provinces sometimes. Seems like a fairly basic priority in the early game. :shrug:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
There has to be a way to force the AI to prioritize province completion or certain provinces, considering that CA did successfully get both Skarsnik and Belegar to actively crusade for Eight Peaks.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

toasterwarrior posted:

There has to be a way to force the AI to prioritize province completion or certain provinces, considering that CA did successfully get both Skarsnik and Belegar to actively crusade for Eight Peaks.

Mm I don't know about Skarsnik. That dude has been hellbent on taking Wissenland for the bulk of any game he survives the various Dwarfdoms.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

jokes posted:

Mm I don't know about Skarsnik. That dude has been hellbent on taking Wissenland for the bulk of any game he survives the various Dwarfdoms.

I figure Skarsnik gets mobbed by having so many hostile neighbors so his AI just says gently caress it, but I think I've seen him go for Eight Peaks like Belegar does when he gets the chance.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Why is Skaven autoresolve still such hot garbage, didn't they buff it?

Level 28 Tretch (with almost all red skills), level 19 wizard and full stack of rank 4-8 units versus level 3 TK garrison. Really, game?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Double Bill posted:

Level 28 Tretch (with almost all red skills), level 19 wizard and full stack of rank 4-8 units versus level 3 TK garrison. Really, game?

Auto resolve has been busted for like four months now.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Double Bill posted:

Walls add a lot of weight to an autoresolve, so might as well do those battles manually, since it's so easy to abuse the AI in siege battles.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

it is weird that they just haven't even hotfixed a lot of obvious bugs, like there's a little skaven exploit where you can get those free clanrat spawns without paying food if you just set them to max then press ESC then go back. Its a little cheat I noticed on day 1 and thought "I'm gonna use this while I can," its still there what like... 7 months later?

Whoa it's been 7 months since release and no Norsca or gunpowder fix... I thought it was more recent than that.

I suppose I was always a little wary when they were like "OK, we're gonna develop Warhammer 2, ToB and 3Kingdoms simultaneously, even though we often have trouble getting a single game out in a good state" and the obvious happened.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

CA has always been super ponderous on updates and fixes, and it is weird. I mean back in the Rome:TW days the big rumor was that Sega would only fund two patches, thats as far back as I remember it being like this. Like are they all in constant crunch time hell and making two bugs for every one they fix? Do they have a AA budget with near AAA graphics/art needs? Are they just generally bad at QA, we may never know

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

nopantsjack posted:

it is weird that they just haven't even hotfixed a lot of obvious bugs, like there's a little skaven exploit where you can get those free clanrat spawns without paying food if you just set them to max then press ESC then go back. Its a little cheat I noticed on day 1 and thought "I'm gonna use this while I can," its still there what like... 7 months later?

Whoa it's been 7 months since release and no Norsca or gunpowder fix... I thought it was more recent than that.

I suppose I was always a little wary when they were like "OK, we're gonna develop Warhammer 2, ToB and 3Kingdoms simultaneously, even though we often have trouble getting a single game out in a good state" and the obvious happened.

Wow really? Gonna play with that exploit as Tretch since he has food shortages normally.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

The Chad Jihad posted:

CA has always been super ponderous on updates and fixes, and it is weird. I mean back in the Rome:TW days the big rumor was that Sega would only fund two patches, thats as far back as I remember it being like this. Like are they all in constant crunch time hell and making two bugs for every one they fix? Do they have a AA budget with near AAA graphics/art needs? Are they just generally bad at QA, we may never know

That has changed and they are a lot better now. The Warhams games got plenty of patches, DLC and other improvements.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

nopantsjack posted:

They're doing Warhammer 2, Warhammer 2's DLC, Warhammer 3, ToB, historical DLC, 3 Kingdoms and Arena. That doesn't necessarily have any effect on what's going on with Warhammer 2 because Creative Assembly has 500 employees spread between its various titles.

The issue is that their management is insane.

They don't want to test code or have any updates outside of DLC releases because they don't want to budget additional QA time. Because of this they decided to wait around five or six months until the Norsca DLC was finished in order to see if it would merge with Warhammer 2, which it was supposed to be compatible with outside of the box. It turns out this didn't work, but since they still don't want to test smaller updates we get to wait until they're finished remaking content that they couldn't release seven months ago because they had gone six months without testing.

:chloe:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Wow really? Gonna play with that exploit as Tretch since he has food shortages normally.

yeah iv used it every time i play skaven cause im weak willed and a coward

did they really change it so skaven cant raid their own territories for food or did I misunderstand some talk a while back?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
You can self-raid; it's that it removes all income and also does a bit less negative PO, so the main source of food (cannibalizing rebels) works slower and that you also take an income hit. IMO, you can just stack multiple raiding armies to overcome that since the PO penalties stack, and as a bonus you level up multiple Lords and can also pump up their loyalty.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

You can self-raid; it's that it removes all income and also does a bit less negative PO, so the main source of food (cannibalizing rebels) works slower and that you also take an income hit. IMO, you can just stack multiple raiding armies to overcome that since the PO penalties stack, and as a bonus you level up multiple Lords and can also pump up their loyalty.

afaik the main source of skaven food from raiding is food gained directly from raiding, not from eating rebels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The thing about self raiding is that it used to have a way higher PO penalty, so you'd get rebels every 2-3 turns.
Which was kind of exploitable, yeah.