Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

First I had a Mass Effect Andromeda avatar, now I have a Destiny 2 avatar, surely there will be another lovely disappointing game released that will provide me a new av.

Get that Anthem av ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Moola posted:

you dumb motherfuckers lmao

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Get that Anthem av ASAP.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Get that Anthem av ASAP.

drat yeah that's gotta be it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

DrNutt posted:

First I had a Mass Effect Andromeda avatar, now I have a Destiny 2 avatar, surely there will be another lovely disappointing game released that will provide me a new av.

For a hilarious twist your next av will come from the abortion that will be the combination of those two games!

efb: drat y'all are quick.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Get that Anthem av ASAP.

hell yes!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'll be honest I would totes get one closer to release but I doubt there will be anything distinct enough about the game to make any sort of decent avatar. :sigh:

midwat
May 6, 2007

Get that Anthem av ASAP.

A Destiny av is already an Anthem av

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

midwat posted:

A Destiny av is already an Anthem av

*taps forehead*

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

fridge corn posted:

Does anyone have a good vanguard build? Also is it possible to respec entirely?
It's been awhile, but it's hard to go wrong with Vanguard. The Kett sword makes you nearly unkillable, and you can even afford to mix in Tech abilities like Incinerate.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Drakhoran
Oct 21, 2012

Casey Hudson posted a new blog where he claims Bioware has finally cracked the problem of telling a good story in a multiplayer game:

quote:

As a player, I worry about these things too—which brings us to the last line of our mission: become the hero of your story. In a BioWare game, you should feel like the story is about you. You create your own character, you decide what happens next, and you become the hero. I think the reason people are concerned about whether these things are possible in a multiplayer game is because it just hasn’t been solved well before.

With Anthem we’re taking this problem head-on and structuring the entire game design to provide a specific solution for this. We’ll be sharing details on how it works very soon. We think it creates a unique experience where you have control over your own story, but your story is set in an ever-changing multiplayer world. And yes, even though Anthem is meant to bring out the best parts of playing as part of an online community, you can choose to play through the story with only your friends, or even on your own.

They will be showing the game at EA Play the weekend before E3

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Drakhoran posted:

Casey Hudson posted a new blog where he claims Bioware has finally cracked the problem of telling a good story in a multiplayer game:

They will be showing the game at EA Play the weekend before E3

I guarantee you right now it's going to be as lovely and tone deaf as Destiny wrt being both the most important badass in the universe and also just one of many at the same time.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Final fantasy 14 handles it reasonably well imo. Your PC is the Big Hero of the world, and whenever you’re doing group content, the canon explanation is that they’re just some adventurers you rounded up to help

You have to kind of squint at it and not think about it too too hard but broadly, it works from a storytelling POV

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ainsley McTree posted:

Final fantasy 14 handles it reasonably well imo. Your PC is the Big Hero of the world, and whenever you’re doing group content, the canon explanation is that they’re just some adventurers you rounded up to help

You have to kind of squint at it and not think about it too too hard but broadly, it works from a storytelling POV

I liked how Warhammer mmo did it. You were a mere grunt in an endless war. Shuddup and kill some stunties

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Thundercracker posted:

I liked how Warhammer mmo did it. You were a mere grunt in an endless war. Shuddup and kill some stunties

I liked how WoW used to do it for the big villain showdowns before Blizzard went up their own asses about Thrall; "You and your friends are tagging along as Plan B just in case something goes wrong for the big hero's attempt to save the day against the villain."

"Something went wrong. Buy time/kick their poo poo in."

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

You could just do it like diablo triple and say “all the player characters are members of a near-extinct race of superhumans” and call it a day. No one really gives a poo poo enough to pick it apart unless they are mentally chill bioware fans (may God rest ‘em)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
That's definitely a problem I've had with MMO type stuff. But I think it's inherent to any game populated with actual humans. It's about how they act, how they look, and what you can expect from them. Having a lore explanation is sorta irrelevant. Curious what they have in mind.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So an EA/Bioware programmer who worked on Andromeda had a bit of a melty in regards to TotalBiscuit dying

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Thats about the quality of person i'd expect to have worked on Andromeda.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
And of course he protected his tweets now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

E: nm

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 26, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ekusukariba posted:

So an EA/Bioware programmer who worked on Andromeda had a bit of a melty in regards to TotalBiscuit dying

lol

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

"The relentlessly corporate, abysmally average games my companies make are the kind of thing I want to die on a hill over, so I'm going to celebrate someone's death."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ekusukariba posted:

This guy's games suck but he has an opinion towards totalbiscuit that i agree with

World's a better place without totalbiscuit, now if pewdiepie could join him i'd be that much happier

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ashpanash posted:

"The relentlessly corporate, abysmally average games my companies make are the kind of thing I want to die on a hill over, so I'm going to celebrate someone's death."

You're defending a gamergater, dawg

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

This guy's games suck but he has an opinion towards totalbiscuit that i agree with

World's a better place without totalbiscuit, now if pewdiepie could join him i'd be that much happier

orange juche posted:

:nallears:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

orange juche posted:

Lol what

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Even if I disagreed a lot with TB I'm not dancing on his grave. It is amusing to see that the people who work in the industry can be just a big a bunch of petulant shitheads as gaters.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
The guy had lovely opinions but in the end he had lovely opinions about VIDEOGAMES. People gloating on his death like if he was some tyrant that brutalized his population or whatever. Nice to see everyone in the industry being autistic shitlords with no exception.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
He riled up abuse brigades against many in the industry including, allegedly ones that cost folks jobs. That's a little beyond lovely opinions about videogames.

The gloating is still disturbing.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

orange juche posted:

isn't that one of those sites where you buy steam keys for cheap

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

Gobblecoque posted:

isn't that one of those sites where you buy steam keys for cheap

I think you're thinking of gamergape

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

I think you're thinking of gamergape

Nah thats the one where pewdiepie reenacts the goatman

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

orange juche posted:

People don't deserve to die just because I vehemently disagree with them about something.

I don't want this ME:A developer to die, I just want him to accept that his game is bad without blaming someone who (despite, apparently, being a vile gamergater) had nothing to do with his game actually being bad.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Totalbiscuit did some real lovely things.

Being mean to ME:A was not one of them. That was well deserved.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://twitter.com/CaseyDHudson/status/1000442738578370561

Lol at the boss having to step in.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
If a Family Sized bag of Doritos costs $4.69USD, how many bags of Doritos would you say ME:A is worth, as a purchase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

If a Family Sized bag of Doritos costs $4.69USD, how many bags of Doritos would you say ME:A is worth, as a purchase?

8 Doritos.

The chips, not the bags.