Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is there an app that tracks rhabdo yet? Because that's pretty integral to the experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

buglord posted:

I'm having the exact opposite experience. Siri begins listening, then right as I speak my first word, I get the three haptic bumps and she cuts me off with "sorry, can you say that again?". I have to repeatedly do this until it lets me finish an entire statement. Does anyone know whats up with it?

See, that's what always happens to me on my phone. It's an iPhone 6, so I guess it's ancient or something, but one of the reasons I never used Siri on my phone was that it always did that poo poo to me. It doesn't seem to happen on my watch. One of the suggestions I read for people having problems is to hold down the crown button until you're done talking. Obviously this doesn't work for "hey Siri," but it might help you out.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Matt Zerella posted:

I just want to say it's so loving nice going out for a run with just my watch and airpods and apartment key.

Also I'm just a beginner runner who's trying to run away unemployment depression and my god it just kicked my rear end.

Come join our running thread, because no one gives a poo poo about running

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522054

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

I have returned the chunky 42mm boy and am now the proud owner of the exact same watch in a svelte 38mm.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

How much do you guys think would be a decent amount to spend on a series 3 Apple Watch for just the Watch itself? Just the lil rectangle.

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

LODGE NORTH posted:

How much do you guys think would be a decent amount to spend on a series 3 Apple Watch for just the Watch itself? Just the lil rectangle.

Personally? I wouldn't spend more than 20 bucks. For me, it's all about that black rubber band.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

LODGE NORTH posted:

The band is worth $50 so I wouldn’t expect a much larger discount than that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

The band is worth $50 so I wouldn’t expect a much larger discount than that.

Actually the band is $100 because the stock band is sweaty cruddy garbage so you end up buying a second actually good band immediately. :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

Actually the band is $100 because the stock band is sweaty cruddy garbage so you end up buying a second actually good band immediately. :v:

Not if you get the Nike edition, because the Nike black band is the best band.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

$10 knockoff sport loop is the best.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

ratbert90 posted:

Not if you get the Nike edition, because the Nike black band is the best band.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sport loop best loop.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sport loop best loop.

This forums poster knows what's up.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sport loop best loop.

Is this true? I still have a sport band. I am curious about how it compares to the sport loop and the woven nylon, though. What are the pros/cons?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
All nylon bands smell like rancid death after a while.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

cowofwar posted:

All nylon bands smell like rancid death after a while.

Just throw the watch and band with your laundry, dummy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fourwood posted:

Is this true? I still have a sport band. I am curious about how it compares to the sport loop and the woven nylon, though. What are the pros/cons?

Doesn't stick to your skin like rubber does. Dries pretty fast when it gets wet (though obviously not as fast as rubber).

Only downside is it loosens just a little when damp.

No death smell for me, but I run it through the shower with me a couple times a week.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

fourwood posted:

Sport loop is the Best Band. Look back at the last few pages. We literally have this exact convo every few weeks ITT.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yeah the sport loop is on my list. I'm even thinking of getting a real one.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Sport loop is the Best Band. Look back at the last few pages. We literally have this exact convo every few weeks ITT.

Yeah, I’ve seen some talk about it being good, but don’t remember reading much about why. Tips about death smell are nice to be aware of as well...

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I’ve worn mine for a year and a half, through various races and workouts, and still haven’t encountered this death smell. Black sport loop for life.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

fourwood posted:

Yeah, I’ve seen some talk about it being good, but don’t remember reading much about why. Tips about death smell are nice to be aware of as well...

Sport loop is the best because you can dial your fit in perfectly in a way that I personally can’t using the sport band. Also I find that the band gets a little uncomfortable and sticky and the fabric loop doesn’t. I have a couple in different bright colors that I like to swap out and get all matchy-matchy with because :gay: and also gift cards.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
are the knockoffs on amazon.com any good or should i suck it up and go with apple's obnoxious pricing

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

dc3k posted:

are the knockoffs on amazon.com any good or should i suck it up and go with apple's obnoxious pricing

The knockoff sport loop I got seems to be holding up though I haven’t done anything super rigorous.

Edit: This one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077T9375N

I got the all black one and it’s looking great.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Sport loop is the best because you can dial your fit in perfectly in a way that I personally can’t using the sport band. Also I find that the band gets a little uncomfortable and sticky and the fabric loop doesn’t. I have a couple in different bright colors that I like to swap out and get all matchy-matchy with because :gay: and also gift cards.

Yep, these are definitely both problems I have with the band. Might have to do some shopping...

e: the Velcro isn’t lovely after a while?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The knockoff sport loop I got seems to be holding up though I haven’t done anything super rigorous.

Edit: This one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077T9375N

I got the all black one and it’s looking great.

Neat, bought one + a matte black skin thing to turn my silver watch black. hope it doesnt look stupid

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
I have a knockoff loop band from amazon, and I love it, beside the fact the part that fits in the watch is a little loose, so when I get notifications it makes an annoying buzzing sound. That alone is really making me want to pony up $50 for a real one.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
This thing is super comfortable, and it doesn't loosen itself as I bike to work. So long, milanese loop.

RoboCop 3
Feb 5, 2018

ddogflex posted:

I have a knockoff loop band from amazon, and I love it, beside the fact the part that fits in the watch is a little loose, so when I get notifications it makes an annoying buzzing sound. That alone is really making me want to pony up $50 for a real one.

Did you buy this one, by any chance?

https://www.amazon.com/Vati-Sport-L...Vati+sport+loop

I just received one of those, and while it does feel a lot nicer than the sport band, I’m having the same problem with the lugs fitting loosely in the watch itself. Does anyone know if the Apple sport loop has this problem?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

RoboCop 3 posted:

I just received one of those, and while it does feel a lot nicer than the sport band, I’m having the same problem with the lugs fitting loosely in the watch itself. Does anyone know if the Apple sport loop has this problem?

Neither of my Apple sport loops ever had that problem.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Same.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Any other third party bands that are good? I bought the space gray/midnight fog, and surprisingly i hate the sport loop. Well, i take that back. I love the sport loop, but it irritates the hell out of my wrist. I tried a sport band, and hated the sweaty feeling i got from it, so any other recommendations? I really like the milenese loop, but i don't feel like paying the money for the milanese loop. Even the knockoff ones are pricey.

Also having worked on a space black stainless, i should have paid the extra $12/mo for it. I might wind up gifting this one to the hubby after a while and get the space black stainless for myself.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Duckman2008 posted:

I wish they'd come out with a loving solid black band, I don't mind paying to not have these loving things vibrate.

RoboCop 3 posted:

This one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078K4C12J/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

ddogflex posted:

I wish they'd come out with a loving solid black band, I don't mind paying to not have these loving things vibrate.

They have one, along with some of last season’s colors like orange- they aren’t listed individually on the website/Apple store app but if you select a band you want (say, a sport loop) in whatever color and go to the size/etc selection screen you can choose from all of the colors that are available there.

Kind of like how Apple hides BTO upgrades on macs until you’re on the configuration screen.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nah, the Apple "black" has a ton of different colors sprinkled in it. It looks ok, but is definitely weird that they don't have a straight black one. I'm enjoying my knockoff black, and the lugs not fitting perfectly and causing a rattle doesn't really bother me too much.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Nah, the Apple "black" has a ton of different colors sprinkled in it. It looks ok, but is definitely weird that they don't have a straight black one. I'm enjoying my knockoff black, and the lugs not fitting perfectly and causing a rattle doesn't really bother me too much.

I have that one and the color is very subtle indoors and pops a little when outside. It’s really nice looking and I all but guarantee you’re the only one who will see the colors.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want a vantablack watch band.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I want a vantablack watch band.

I'd buy the Vantablack Apple Watch Edition

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Anyone tried an Insignia watch charger from Best Buy? They’re on sale for like $13 right now and throwing a 1ft one in my travel bag seems practical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I bought one for my car. Doesn't come in til next week though.