Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I turned in my badge back in January, and it looks like I left just in time.

My old department railroaded a couple of officers for doing the right thing, and a huge chunk of the department quit in solidarity/protest.

One of the guys who left had some kind of family connection to the oilfield section of Halliburton, so he got jobs at Halliburton for the former cops who wanted an in. Now they're earning way more to work fewer hours (and not actually visit the oilfield). My facebook news feed went from a bunch of dudes in police uniforms to a bunch of dudes in goofy red Halliburton jumpsuits.

Something like 85% of the department has less than two years experience now, and they're below minimum acceptable manning.

Not the CE thread, but goddamn it, this is dog month. Have a good dog.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lmao. How the gently caress would they think that that's a good thing to tweet.

When you only ever hang out with other cops and sycophants...

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
There’s a couple of PIs looking for me... :ninja:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

GunForumMeme posted:

Bernard,

How does one successfully navigate a live in girlfriend getting a pet without getting cucked? Asking for a friend.

Respectfully,
GFM

Well, she wanted a kid and there was no way I was putting a baby in that breasty mound of insanity. She was crazy enough that I had to get myself dumped because I knew that if I'd cut her off she would have broken all my poo poo.

The problem with dating in your early 30's is that all the single women either want some form of a child, already have a child or are some flavour of vegan activist that doesn't want kids ever, ever. Getting cucked by a tiny, spiteful chiuahuah is preferable to making CSA payments for the next 18 years because you wanted to keep some good quality snatch around for a bit longer than you should.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That’s why I got my balls snipped.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Two brilliant back to back life advice posts.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Well, she wanted a kid and there was no way I was putting a baby in that breasty mound of insanity. She was crazy enough that I had to get myself dumped because I knew that if I'd cut her off she would have broken all my poo poo.

The problem with dating in your early 30's is that all the single women either want some form of a child, already have a child or are some flavour of vegan activist that doesn't want kids ever, ever. Getting cucked by a tiny, spiteful chiuahuah is preferable to making CSA payments for the next 18 years because you wanted to keep some good quality snatch around for a bit longer than you should.

:perfect:

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

"i got this" *makes hollandaise*

anyways i posted this in cspam, maybe this should'ave been the place to ask

quote:

Video appears more and more nowadays in police involvement.

It's rare (for me) to hear a clip of real-time radio chatter during
incidents like this from all angles. Are there laws against it being disclosed??

My guess would be crims could gain a finer understanding of police
procedure and action RT but can't anyone listen on a police band with the right
equipment?

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.
meep.

Pilot to Gunner fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 13, 2018

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

Pilot to Gunner posted:

You can (and have been able to) request body cam video from our dept for like 2 years now, anyone in the public can ask for it. Please do. It's thrilling and well worth the effort of you submitting several forms and waiting weeks and weeks to see me standing around and looking bored while someone calls me a oval office repeatedly and/or whines about their cuffs being too tight. Always worth it. That's never real time video though, it's always uploaded later and can be requested. Same on radio chatter. *Note- I am a oval office in real time, regardless.

Our RT radio went off the air in October, ostensibly for tactical reasons and to protect victims. Which I get, they gave a lot of info out. I used to listen to 5-0 Radio on my lunch break back in the day and I heard more than I needed to as a newb rookie trying to kill time with a publicly available iphone app trying to hone my radio ear. I could see how it would be detrimental to leave a dept's radio open air. It was invasive, now we can redact stuff relating to victims before release. You can't listen in now without our radio encryption and dept issued equipment. Again, it can still be requested and disclosed depending on circumstance.

Thanks for answering.

"Case sensitive" information seems to encompass a very broad spectrum. Do all
investigations from the lowest/highest degree fit this bill when a department
refuses to release any verbal communications between dispatch/officers/emergency and other agencies involved in pursuit, detainment or arrest that are recorded?

Censoring out names, addresses, personal information is to protect the persons
involved. Is the action of redacting any information from an investigation
subject to oversight?

sry about the margins

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

Water777 posted:

Thanks for answering.

"Case sensitive" information seems to encompass a very broad spectrum. Do all
investigations from the lowest/highest degree fit this bill when a department
refuses to release any verbal communications between dispatch/officers/emergency and other agencies involved in pursuit, detainment or arrest that are recorded?

Censoring out names, addresses, personal information is to protect the persons
involved. Is the action of redacting any information from an investigation
subject to oversight?

sry about the margins

:shrug: I don't know how other agencies roll. Something something "following dissemination guidelines in accordance with established procedures" something is the best I can give you, because that's a shitload of different topics/nuances to explain and I just realized I hate talking about it, typing it out is even worse.

Wish I could be of more help but I'm really here for the cop gifs and tit pics dog pics.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I was here for the dick pics and all I got was Shep.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/YNZfE1fQ1pw

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Arc Light posted:

I turned in my badge back in January, and it looks like I left just in time.

My old department railroaded a couple of officers for doing the right thing, and a huge chunk of the department quit in solidarity/protest.

If you dont mind me asking what kind of railroading, what was the offense?

Why did you leave? Sick of the job, or had something new in mind?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

patonthebach posted:

If you dont mind me asking what kind of railroading, what was the offense?

Why did you leave? Sick of the job, or had something new in mind?

I left because I had to. I was working part time as a cop, nights and weekends, while I had a full time job in the Air Force. My AF job reassigned me to Korea. If/when I get reassigned back to the US, I'll put in for my local PD again. I loved it. Wrestling meth heads was way more enjoyable than fixing Air Force computers, but all good things eventually end.

It was a good gig while it lasted, but I guess the department has had serious issues since I left. The officer in question arrested the wrong person for DWI. Friend of the mayor and the chief of police. He wouldn't look the other way, and lost his badge over it.

A bunch of other officers quit in solidarity. It's a small department. When a normal shift consists of 7 to 10 cops on patrol, losing a few officers hits the department hard.

The dude who was fired appealed his termination with the city civil service board. He won the appeal, but he's not going back to that department as a matter of principle.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pro-est of tips if you're not getting enough court days:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1001518258632224770

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Nothing like dealing with a TO that goes out of their way to gently caress with you.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
So, Bernard...do you have any comment on the recent goings-on concerning a certain individual’s certain arrest whilst covering the certain trial of certain individuals over certain youths getting plugged in certain orifices whilst certain officials get to join in the plugging, certainly?

Use one :derp: if you think you’re being watched, two if you’re certain.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I genuinely don't know what you're referring to. Has a journalist been nicked for breaching a gagging order or something?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I certainly don't know what the hell he's talking about.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Oh, er...”activist” Tommy Robinson was recently jailed for covering a trial of suspected Muslim rape gang members whilst standing in front of a courthouse and a bunch of people got really shirty about it. The government also put a gag order on the media for a few days until public outcry convinced them to do the opposite.

Thing about that is, they apparently picked him up and took him straight away before a magistrate without the whole “building a case” step in the process.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
O that loving idiot, I didn't even bother reading more than a summary on BBC. I thought he was bound over to keep the peace, breached that and got locked up.

I'm not sure Tommy Robinson was covering anything for the purposes of public disclosure and interest, the guy is a racist dickhead and as disgusting as the blokes on trial for Gang Rape are, his presence would only serve to taint the trial and make it a race issue and not a legal one.

As for him getting nicked initially for BOP, there is no 'building a case' or even points to prove to arrest someone for that, it's a common law offense that has it's own power of arrest (albeit a bit strange.) Waving placards, shouting threatening language while surrounded by a gang of pissed up obese skinheads could easily be considered a breach of the peace, especially outside a courthouse if no permit or notice to demonstrate had been sought. Not the sort of thing you should be doing if you've been bound over.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

TheObserver posted:

Thing about that is, they apparently picked him up and took him straight away before a magistrate without the whole “building a case” step in the process.

You don't need to build a case to prove a crime that is occurring in front of you.

e: If you mean they didn't build a case between arresting him and bringing him before a magistrate, that's because he admitted that he broke the terms of his previous suspended sentence. I imagine the standard of proof is a bit lower in that situation.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 1, 2018

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
A load of absolute bellends have been saying he's a political prisoner and blah blah blah, if you want an in depth blurb about how the laws work / what the gently caress is happening The Secret Barrister is quite good https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/25/what-has-happened-to-poor-tommy-robinson/

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Ah, cheers then.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
They should send him and his oval office mates to Belmarsh, let him and the other side of the retarded ideological coin shank it out.

Honestly, he needs a lengthy sentence and some sort of court order should be put in place so wankers like him can't hold or display the national flag. Now every time I see a Union Jack I get flashbacks of policing an EDL march where obese human mudslides would shuffle down the street swilling Stella Artois and grunting out racist epithets.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
So, turns out you can just shoot a perp in the legs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44349468

So now there are no excuses for fatal police on perp shootings in the US.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

“As my client has said from the beginning, there was no indication of any particular arteries they were required to avoid at the time of the incident. In addition, as per departmental policy, the responsibility of establishing a secure perimeter takes precedence before medical responders can be allowed in - while the injured suspect was loudly yelling and flailing about, the officers on scene rightly waited to notify EMT personnel until they were in a more docile state.”

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I bet if I pop you in the femur you'll bleed out p quick.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

I'm not sure Tommy Robinson was covering anything for the purposes of public disclosure and interest, the guy is a racist dickhead and as disgusting as the blokes on trial for Gang Rape

Uhh, obviously this tommy guy is a giant piece of poo poo and shouldn't have a platform to discuss his racist ideas, but to say he is as disgusting as child rapists, thats a bit ridiculous.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
"That ain't nothing. Here, hold my beer."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.3841d6d607c6

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

patonthebach posted:

Uhh, obviously this tommy guy is a giant piece of poo poo and shouldn't have a platform to discuss his racist ideas, but to say he is as disgusting as child rapists, thats a bit ridiculous.

True. Fascists are objectively more disgusting than child rapists.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

I bet if I pop you in the femur you'll bleed out p quick.

Er, can't you just aim for the side of the quad, I for one have excellent and well formed quads. Also please don't hit my Femoral Artery, tia.

patonthebach posted:

Yeah, okay, fair point. He is a piece of poo poo though.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ah yes, because cops in the US have notoriously good aim, and don't just fill whatever they are shooting at with multiple clips worth of holes.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I want to see those statistics again where the NYPD statistically shoot more bystanders than suspects.

Must be like when I play Battlefield after a bottle and a half of Hibiki.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

statistically the NYPD shoots both fewer people and fewer incidents per captia than just about every other department in the United States

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Smiling Jack posted:

statistically the NYPD shoots both fewer people and fewer incidents per captia than just about every other department in the United States

Thanks, stop and frisk.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/T24RRzL.gifv

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Good hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

GunForumMeme posted:

Thanks, stop and frisk.

Oh gently caress off