Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I think it's a parts bin thing/convenience. Not a commercial vehicle, but it's why the Lotus Esprit used 1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno Hatchback taillights for like 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Maybe real gold? https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1983-saab-900-turbo/6575043437.html

I don't need another car right now unless it's an offroad-capable 4x4, but this looks pretty neat.

(I'm gonna bid on that Land Rover I posted earlier, the price is still low and I was able to go test drive it)

rhombus
Apr 20, 2002

Pham Nuwen posted:

Maybe real gold? https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1983-saab-900-turbo/6575043437.html

I don't need another car right now unless it's an offroad-capable 4x4, but this looks pretty neat.

(I'm gonna bid on that Land Rover I posted earlier, the price is still low and I was able to go test drive it)

Of all the cars to label as RWD...

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

So many good Saabs for sale right now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Pham Nuwen posted:

2 brand new tires!!!!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

KakerMix posted:

2 brand new tires!!!!

Don't forget the new positive battery terminal, a $3 value!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
That's a really good price. I'm not particularly fond of Saabs but you could do worse.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Oooooooh, get that man a cookie, he spouted the chassis code. That will definitely rake in the views for sure! Chassis codes in reference to a vehicle is my CL/automotive pet peeve.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

keykey posted:

Oooooooh, get that man a cookie, he spouted the chassis code. That will definitely rake in the views for sure! Chassis codes in reference to a vehicle is my CL/automotive pet peeve.

Meh it makes sense for commonly known ones. Like E30's and such.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Anybody looking for one of those probably knows the chassis code man, I see nothing wrong there.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lmao of all the poo poo to complain about craigslist ads

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao of all the poo poo to complain about craigslist ads

I'm with ya, I just think most people looking for cars on Craigslist aren't really going to care about the chassis code thing, that's super internet nerd levels of car poo poo. The normal CL/shopper isn't gonna be like "Ooooh, it's a rpw374! I'll now pay full price!" Because lowest common denominator buyer.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Like opengl128 mentioned it can be really useful when looking for older models of a common car. Typing in "BMW 3 series" vs "BMW e30" will give you very different results.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

keykey posted:

I'm with ya, I just think most people looking for cars on Craigslist aren't really going to care about the chassis code thing, that's super internet nerd levels of car poo poo. The normal CL/shopper isn't gonna be like "Ooooh, it's a rpw374! I'll now pay full price!" Because lowest common denominator buyer.

An MR2 is probably going to be bought by a car nerd though so the chassis code thing is probably completely warranted.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
I found the ad by searching AW11. :confused:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you don't know what an AW11 is you are not going to buy one that is $3,000.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

NinjaTech posted:

I found the ad by searching AW11. :confused:

And I sold my last car on Craigslist specifically because I put "JDM RHD"

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa. Chassis codes make a ton of sense for BMWs, MR2, RX-7, Wranglers and a few other super enthusiast cars.

You're an idiot to get butt hurt over someone using an AW11. (Because I also own and search for AW11s)

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
You still have Mert?? :swoon:

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

scuz posted:

You still have Mert?? :swoon:

Yea! He's lived in storage for about a decade, but in pretty good condition. He'll be a project when we get a big enough garage to have a dedicated space.

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That ad is surprisingly well written given the pictures.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I can't wait to see the Scary Steering & Suspension FB group posts on that. No cage? $18,000 invested, invoices for $5,000 in axles, $2500 in tires, and $10,000 in meth.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

gently caress yeah, Lindsay!! I went to college there.
I'm surprised he's not willing to trade for abortions for his sisters.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I'm in the market for a new bike and this one has it all!

Electrical? Not done!
Brakes? Not done!
A belt drive driving a chain drive? You know it!

quote:

Home made Mini bike 440 Kholer snow mobile engine with a five speed gear box. Runs good. Needs a little bit of work still to be done i just lost interest in it. Needs a brake assembly, could get it at princess auto for 100$, front fender and the electrical needs to be hooked up everything is there. So 400 or obo or trade for something with a motor

AquaticIguana
Apr 29, 2009

I dabble in honky sorcery from time to time.

So everything i can find on the 88 fiero is super divisive and people either say it's awesome or a piece of poo poo. Eh?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

AquaticIguana posted:

So everything i can find on the 88 fiero is super divisive and people either say it's awesome or a piece of poo poo. Eh?

It's Schroedinger's car - both awesome and a piece of poo poo at the same time.

Or it could be a ginormous piece of poo poo.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

AquaticIguana posted:

It's both.

Even though GM bobbled the launch really badly (launching a sports car with 92hp was a bad joke even in 1984,) they were really on to something in terms of chassis dynamics and powertrain with the 1988 redesign. On the flip side, it is also a 1988 Pontiac, which should be self-explanatory.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

If you are going to buy a Fiero, buy an 88. Even then it was immediately known as the apex of them, without the 30 years of hindsight.

That said,

MrYenko posted:

On the flip side, it is also a 1988 Pontiac, which should be self-explanatory.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I kept looking for a driveshaft until I figured out the engine is sitting directly on the rear axle.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/celica-all-trac-turbo/6581317789.html

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

TheFonz posted:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa. Chassis codes make a ton of sense for BMWs, MR2, RX-7, Wranglers and a few other super enthusiast cars.

You're an idiot to get butt hurt over someone using an AW11. (Because I also own and search for AW11s)
And P71/the Chevy equivalent (I forget the Caprice's, was never that into them). People that want that specific thing will search for that, who'd'a thunk it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wow.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Chillbro Baggins posted:

And P71/the Chevy equivalent (I forget the Caprice's, was never that into them). People that want that specific thing will search for that, who'd'a thunk it?

9C1. Same option code for police Camaros, Tahoes, etc.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Fuckin woullddddddd

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/1989-volvo-244-turbo-5spd-rwd/6579077196.html

There’s some weird poo poo going on here.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

The worst turbo setup. Eons of lag and no appreciable benefit. Novelty for novelty’s sake?

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Exactly. I’m tempted to scoop it up and save it but my wife is entering grad school and I’m unemployed and living off of savings and have no idea how I could get away with springing that on her.
I love old 240s though and want another sedan.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I'm the general purpose braided PVC hose being used as a fuel line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Almost too nice for a winter beater or something. The interior looks almost as good with some minimal wear corresponding to 80k km. I guess the catch is that it's an automatic with 1.0l but it can still only appreciate in value, right? :v: