Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

yeah it was a good post. please continue posting well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

they're masterful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-w42MG0O_Y

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lmfao they even uploaded a video completely making GBS threads on how stupid and lovely one half of their main event is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkpLcSa0gMQ

the title is literally "Yakuza" Kim Jae Hun's dejavu

mewse
May 2, 2006

... are those yakuza tats?

I think I gotta watch this event

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Extremely unlikely that they're actually Yakuza tats because he's an obese Korean man in Korea, but it takes some pretty hardcore dedication to get full body tattoos like that because tattooing itself is actually illegal in Korea

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A lot of Koreans rock the Japanese style of tattoo despite having little to no yakuza affiliation.

As for tattooing, its sort of legal in Korea actually. It's just that, you have to have a medical license (aka be an actual doctor) to do tattoos from what I've been told by Koreans here but maybe its not like technically legal to do it? I know they think tattooing is akin to acupuncture which is just lol. There are a lot of shops that run despite this dumb law and overall aren't too hard to find and get work done by.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 4, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he's more than likely a poser since most of the korean gangs have ditched tats for elected positions.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I train with Gabriel Checco, he's fighting tonight on the LFA card.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Extremely unlikely that they're actually Yakuza tats because he's an obese Korean man in Korea, but it takes some pretty hardcore dedication to get full body tattoos like that because tattooing itself is actually illegal in Korea

i dont know anything about that guy but a lot of yakuza are korean, they used to be discriminated against in japan so thats where they ended up

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont know anything about that guy but a lot of yakuza are korean, they used to be discriminated against in japan so thats where they ended up

Yeah, the big yakuza guy behind pride is ethnically Korean, and one of North Korea's major revenue sources is from ethnic Koreans in Japan who otherwise get hosed in every aspect of life without the protection of a big organisation. This is just some fat dumbass in Korea though

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
There's an event happening right now in Denmark, so if you're in for some bad MMA you can watch it for free right here

It shouldn't be geoblocked.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
working here and i am in the mood, i just heard a danish man say "tupac, 50 cent"

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
btw rizin is on tonight for Americans, tomorrow morning for euros:

quote:

Kyoji Horiguchi vs Ian McCall
Tenshin Nasukawa vs Yusaku Nakamura
Kanna Asakura vs Melissa Karagianis
Yusuke Yachi vs Diego Nunes
Daron Cruickshank vs Koshi Matsumoto
Ishii Issei vs Daishin Sakai
Kai Asakura vs Manel Kape
Ayaka Hamasaki vs Alyssa Garcia
Ante Delija vs Ricardo Prasel
Jair Rozenstruik vs Andrey Kovalev
Kanako Murata vs Weili Zhang
Hironori Kurogi vs Tomohiro Kitai

Horiguchi/McCall, Yachi/Nunes, and Asakura/Kape are looking pretty fun. I have no idea who Koshi Matsumoto is, so if he's not a takedown guy then the Cruickshank fight could be good. I heard Weili Zhang is out.

Tenshin is murdering a WSOF guy with one kickboxing bout, eight years ago, that he lost. There's a couple more B level kickboxing fights on the card too. Shootboxing's 55kg champ asked for release to chase a Tenshin fight, and former K-1 champ Taiga is going to be in attendance, so there might be some non-bumfights for Tenshin in the near future.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was supposed to go to that card but thanks to Koreans all taking a holiday at the same time I couldn't get to Fukuoka for a reasonable price. Ferry from Busan jumped from $250 round trip to $350, flights jumped from $300 to $600. :smith:

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Apparently Gabriel Gonzaga fought Aleksander Emelianenko in Russia

https://twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/992821128447102981?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Shockingly it doesn't end well (unless you're a fan of Russian sex criminals)

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

man i dont wanna see that

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
traditional russian method of hunting bearman

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
I know gonzaga is old + busted but I didn't realize he was busted enough to lose to aleks. Fuckin bummer

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fentry posted:

Apparently Gabriel Gonzaga fought Aleksander Emelianenko in Russia

https://twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/992821128447102981?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Shockingly it doesn't end well (unless you're a fan of Russian sex criminals)

Know its Russia but god drat Gonzaga don't fight a sex offender with a blood borne disease.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Aleks looks like he is half assing every shot, but it worked?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Oh man, Rizin is giving me some real Pride feels tonight.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He looks roided up as hell.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:rip: napao thanks for beheading crocop years ago.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

:rip: napao thanks for beheading crocop years ago.

And also for helping make Travis Browne briefly sufficiently relevant to have the poo poo beaten out of him by the actual top of the division.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
tuned in to rizin after the intermission and the issei ishii vs daishin sakai kickboxing bout was a lot of fun

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

tuned in to rizin after the intermission and the issei ishii vs daishin sakai kickboxing bout was a lot of fun

tuned in literally the second cruickshank took some japanese guy's head clean off. thank you rizin.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
insanely sick knockout

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i haven't seen diego nunes for several years but he's looking real horsey right now

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

the guy controlling my stream is playing trump conspiracy theory videos between fights and it actually works in really well

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
that sounds pretty bad rear end

yusuke yachi is obviously not an elite fighter, but his ceiling seems a lot higher than i expected for a guy from kid's gym

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Who will win, the 29-0 phenomenon, or the 0-1 guy from WSOF training with the horny guy who managed to lose a fight in which a thalidomide baby hit him with a hammerfist on the feet

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lol this doofus landed like 12 takedowns and tenshin dropped him with a counter rolling thunder

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lmfao ian mccall

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

god drat it. what happened in the last two fights?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Marching Powder posted:

Murder happened.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

Tenshin was looking for a rolling thunder KO for fun, but his opponent shot about 50 takedowns. In the second round Tenshin eventually decided to stop playing and dropped the guy 3 times with punches because he has a fight against a top Thai in a couple of weeks.

Ian McCall threw a 1-2 to try and find his range and immediately got dropped with Horiguchi's favourite left hook counter then tried to take down the ref and lost in 9 seconds

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://streamja.com/vVlz

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
https://streamja.com/vVlz

E: oop beaten faster than uncle creepy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol this doofus landed like 12 takedowns and tenshin dropped him with a counter rolling thunder

https://twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/993086019053543425?s=19

exceptional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
McCall's hair floofing around in response to the punch is a thing of beauty.

https://twitter.com/Maldobabo/status/993090866041491456