Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

AnoHito posted:

You never go full jiggly
Last season's Märchen Mädchen did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Davincie posted:

congratulations to beatless for having its 4th recap episode in 16 eps

That show is still going?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Postal Parcel posted:

That show is still going?

Confirmation that you have not fully read the OP. That's your homework for the day.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its time

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Oh no

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Ah, those are obviously the new deity icon panels that will be installed in the new cult's religion's sanctum sanctorum. For that is what heaven looks like, assuredly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

but where are the college k-ons

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Girls und Music

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

What have the thin-eyebrowed Mugi imposter and the tiny Nodoka wannabe done with Azusa? :ohdear:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mentat Radnor posted:

What have the thin-eyebrowed Mugi imposter and the tiny Nodoka wannabe done with Azusa? :ohdear:

they ate her and absorbed her power

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

but where are the college k-ons

Not even sure the best of Kyoani would be able to save the mess that is college Kon

Well maybe if they ignored everything...hmmmmmmmmm

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

:aaaaa:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Not even sure the best of Kyoani would be able to save the mess that is college Kon

Well maybe if they ignored everything...hmmmmmmmmm

i like college k-on

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fuwa fuwa time?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The newest Kitaro is about cats and moms and the slow inevitable death of the old rural japanese village and it made me cry openly which is the highest praise I think I can give something.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Sharkopath posted:

The newest Kitaro is about cats and moms and the slow inevitable death of the old rural japanese village and it made me cry openly which is the highest praise I think I can give something.

It totally felt like a Mushishi episode, which is high praise from me.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

:911:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol they fried florida right off

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Everything Burrito posted:

yet another way that fried chicken is good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That bugs bunny gif but with a dining knife.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

wow amazon is p incompetent arent they

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hello amazon

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Everything Burrito posted:

Good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have any suggestions for an anime that is 12 episodes or less that I can suggest for an anime discussion group I go to? The newer the better and probably less on the fanservicey side

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

eonwe posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for an anime that is 12 episodes or less that I can suggest for an anime discussion group I go to? The newer the better and probably less on the fanservicey side

You're gonna have to narrow that down cause there's billions.

Maybe like Mononoke or Kyousougiga?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

eonwe posted:

The antarctica one, probably.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

eonwe posted:

going off that extremely broad brief, Mob Psycho 100 or Yuru Camp

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

eonwe posted:

First season of Mushishi's a little on the old side, but about the right length, absolutely superb, and very discussion-friendly IMO. Also extremely mellow and a nice counterpoint if someone in the group has an image of anime as this constantly high-key/loud/horny thing.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I never finished it but Mononoke is really cool and episodic. e;fb

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

eonwe posted:

Antarctica, Land of the Lustrous, Girls Last Tour.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

L-O-N posted:

Land of the Lustrous, Girls Last Tour.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Antarctica

e: its 13 episodes though

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

eonwe posted:

Depends what they like and what they've seen already.

Your Name is one of the most popular anime of all time, might be a good pick.

It's probably much too old, but for Gundam there's 0080. OVA means it still looks gorgeous, and it's a nice little tragedy and coming of age story wrapped up in six episodes.

KoB
May 1, 2009

L-O-N posted:

Antarctica, Land of the Lustrous, Girls Last Tour.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
seconding Mob Psycho

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

GodFish posted:

Antarctica

e: its 13 episodes though

it's this one

seriously it is so good

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Nth-ing "A Place Farther than the Universe" (Antarctica-moe)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ty all, I will look through those. :)

KoB
May 1, 2009
Laid Back Camp also good, not much to discuss tho. Its just nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, if you want a show that’s good and will promote discussion, Land of the Lustrous is pretty top-tier. A Place Further than the Universe and Mob Psycho are excellent, but slightly less fantastic at being conversation pieces. Like, you can talk a lot about them, but you can talk a lot about LOTL.

• Locked thread