Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
While it's not 40k Roleplay it is Warhammer Roleplay so this seems to be the best place for it.
Preorders are open for the new version of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. You get a PDF in June and physical book is out in July.

http://cubicle7.co.uk/pre-orders-open-for-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MonsterEnvy posted:

While it's not 40k Roleplay it is Warhammer Roleplay so this seems to be the best place for it.
Preorders are open for the new version of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. You get a PDF in June and physical book is out in July.

http://cubicle7.co.uk/pre-orders-open-for-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

Have they released stats for the small (but vicious) dog?

Refuse to commit until I see these.

:colbert:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schadenboner posted:

Have they released stats for the small (but vicious) dog?

Refuse to commit until I see these.

:colbert:

No they have not started previews yet. (But should pretty soon.)

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
So we're getting:

An all new 40k RPG

An all new AoS RPG

A new revision of the classic WHFB (which this is)

Right?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Correct.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mango sentinel posted:

So we're getting:

An all new 40k RPG

An all new AoS RPG

A new revision of the classic WHFB (which this is)

Right?

Yeah it's a good year for Warhammer RPG's

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Is this based on the dice system or does this use good wholesome numbers and numbered dice again?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Is this based on the dice system or does this use good wholesome numbers and numbered dice again?

Warhammer Fantasy 4e is billed as an update and expansion on Warhammer Fantasy 2e rather then the system Fantasy Flight's 3e used.

Meanwhile Wrath and Glory uses a Die Pool system. We don't know too many details about the Age of Sigmar RPG.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 6, 2018

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

MonsterEnvy posted:

Meanwhile Wrath and Glory uses a Die Pool system. We don't know too many details about the Age of Sigmar RPG.

I think they mentioned that AoS is going to use the same system as Wrath and Glory, but that has been a while ago.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
AoS is being developed by the WFRP4e people, I would have assumed they'd use the same core mechanic, not Ulisses'.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I think they mentioned that AoS is going to use the same system as Wrath and Glory, but that has been a while ago.

As has been said, I don't think Cubicle7 even have the rights to use Wrath & Glory's system as they're a completely different company.

Pretty sure they have said that AoS RPG isn't going to be using WFRP's d100 system though.

Hidingo Kojimba fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 7, 2018

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

My understanding was that the AoS book would be an expansion to WHFRP.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

moths posted:

My understanding was that the AoS book would be an expansion to WHFRP.

Nah we got confirmation they are different systems.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Yeah, after reading up on the scant information that's available, it looks like AoS will have a different core mechanic to WFRP. I'd assume they'd use something simpler, because AoS is for dumb babbies.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

MaliciousOnion posted:

Yeah, after reading up on the scant information that's available, it looks like AoS will have a different core mechanic to WFRP. I'd assume they'd use something simpler, because AoS is for dumb babbies.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing the One Ring system adapted for over-the-top heavy metal fantasy.

Aside from that GW rebooted Warhammer Quest a while back and set it in the AoS universe, so maybe they'll pillage that for ideas?

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
Shouldn't Untouchables be immune to Corruption, at least by Chaos? They're not in the rulebook.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Kurzon posted:

Shouldn't Untouchables be immune to Corruption, at least by Chaos? They're not in the rulebook.

They should be, but they aren't. But then you also have Eisenhorn someone grabbing an untouchables soul and projecting it as an attack at a corrupted Titan, which shouldn't be possible. But he did.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
It's not just a thematic problem, there are some awkward rule interactions. For instance, there is a mutation you can acquire that turns you into a daemon-like creature. You get the Daemonic and Warp Instability traits. Now what happens if the untouchable has the Bane of the Daemon talent, which makes it harder for creatures with the Warp Instability trait to remain in realspace? Or the Daemonic Anathema talent, which neutralizes the Daemonic trait?

Kurzon fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 9, 2018

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
they either implode from the inherent contradiction or become a newborn c'tan

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
Would it break the game if I introduced a house-rule that says untouchables do not gain Corruption points?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Kurzon posted:

Would it break the game if I introduced a house-rule that says untouchables do not gain Corruption points?

Corruption only matters as much as you want it to, so no it'd be fine.

Edit: I guess it matters for black crusade but why would a PC wanna play a blank in the chaos game

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
There's something in one of the books (DH2 core I think) that says that while Untouchables are immune to the soul-taint of Chaos, they can still have their DNA scrambled by it. So if it's really important to you to be "realistic," Untouchables are more immune to those psychological effects you can get every 10 CP than they are to growing thirty arms.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Kurzon posted:

A fine house-rule if ever I saw one. Take a page out of the book for the Sisters of Battle with regards to insanity, however. I believe they don't suffer from Corruption either, but they're still just as prone to going nuts.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Sisters gain insanity equal to the CP they would have gained -1, but they have a bunch of talents that let them channel their crazy into killing people.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pharmaskittle posted:

Edit: I guess it matters for black crusade but why would a PC wanna play a blank in the chaos game

I mean, you say that, but...

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, you say that, but...

I guess it could be interesting to play a character who is offered worldly rewards via third party in return for serving gods they'll never commune with. It'd probably be lovely for the rest of the party though.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

It means you're opting out of the Chaos reward/punishment system entirely and trying to bring about the Death of the Imperium for other (arguably purer) reasons. You'd want to amass resources and power anyway though, because the other crusaders are probably going to try to murder you simply out of disbelief.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

An honest and upright revolutionary. Believes all this 'chaos' and 'warp' crap is just Imperial propoganda, a belief bolstered by the fact that it never seems to happen around him. It's always conveniently somewhere else.
Basically Lenin+Randi.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
He thinks psykers are just charlatans because every time he has met one of the so-called psykers and asked them demonstrate their supposed powers, they refuse by claiming he emits "negative vibrations". Classic con-artist evasion tactic.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
"People accuse each other of being 'chaos worshippers' so much that it's lost any meaning. People will call you one for simply disagreeing with them. If you ask me, the people who call themselves anti-chaos seem more like chaos worshippers than my colleagues."

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MizPiz posted:

"People accuse each other of being 'chaos worshippers' so much that it's lost any meaning. People will call you one for simply disagreeing with them. If you ask me, the people who call themselves anti-chaos seem more like chaos worshippers than my colleagues."

It's sad, really. No one has any concept of politeness or mannered :discourse:.

PS ALL HAIL THE EIGHT-POINT STAR, DEATH TO THE CORPSE GOD.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
"No, I do not worship the Dark Gods. I worship an ancient Terran God called Gee-Suits. No, actually worship of him does not involve killing or sacrifices, he is served by charity, and non-violence. Why are you purging me?"

I always wanted to do that as a campaign story hook in a Dark Heresy game. Investigators sent to a world where there is allegations of an evil shadow cult. They arrive and find out that some folks found some ancient ruins with texts to a non-violent religion like some sects of Christianity, Buddhism, Sikhism, etc and is practicing it in secret, while also slowly incorporating the ideas into the Imperial Creed to convert the populace at large. Then put the players in the positions of purging heretics that will not fight back, but by doing so will also embolden non-believers on the planet to turn away from the Imperial Creed.

I don't think you could do a long sustained adventure on it, but would be an interesting adventure in a longer campaign.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Werix posted:

"No, I do not worship the Dark Gods. I worship an ancient Terran God called Gee-Suits. No, actually worship of him does not involve killing or sacrifices, he is served by charity, and non-violence. Why are you purging me?"

I always wanted to do that as a campaign story hook in a Dark Heresy game. Investigators sent to a world where there is allegations of an evil shadow cult. They arrive and find out that some folks found some ancient ruins with texts to a non-violent religion like some sects of Christianity, Buddhism, Sikhism, etc and is practicing it in secret, while also slowly incorporating the ideas into the Imperial Creed to convert the populace at large. Then put the players in the positions of purging heretics that will not fight back, but by doing so will also embolden non-believers on the planet to turn away from the Imperial Creed.

I don't think you could do a long sustained adventure on it, but would be an interesting adventure in a longer campaign.

To preach non-violence in the 40k universe is to commit the sin of the T'a""us: the sin of optimism.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
You could have that religion empower some minor chaos god. It could have a "hand off" policy with the planet, only really letting it's presence known by protecting the people from outside threats. If nothing else, it would give you some daemons to fight while keeping the populace non-violent.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Dachshundofdoom posted:

There's something in one of the books (DH2 core I think) that says that while Untouchables are immune to the soul-taint of Chaos, they can still have their DNA scrambled by it. So if it's really important to you to be "realistic," Untouchables are more immune to those psychological effects you can get every 10 CP than they are to growing thirty arms.
This is just another house-rule I could use. I've heard other people propose similar. It just goes to prove that this game is not of airtight design. :/

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Feel free to switch the entire system to d20, there's zero chance that'll have repercussions.

I'm excited to see what the 4th edition WFRPG looks like, I've got all the 2e books because it came out at I time I had a regular physical group and was something other than D&D. 3rd edition was horrible because it lacked playable halflings and also the dice mechanics looked un-interesting. D100 is a perfectly okay system.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyone trying to practice earnest, benign, unitarian monotheism in the 41st millenium is bound to attract visitations from 'angels' of Tzeentch or Slaanesh ready to feed on that misplaced hope and excessive naivete

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Werix posted:

Seems like the solution is to radicalize them: Show the head of the religion some classified information on the state of the galaxy.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i feel like the appropriate inquisitorial response to an acolyte suggesting, "let's just share our information with these heretics and try to convince them of our perspective" is a hot-shot las beam to the back of the skull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan
Jan 14, 2013
New GW Plastic kit coming out soon: Rogue Trader Kill Team, with Armsmen, Chiurgeons, Assassins, Nobles, etc.

Pretty loving serindipitous timing, that.