Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Nut up punk. Take the toxx or shut your villainous mouth.

But you tried make the toxx bet with someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Flikken posted:

But you tried make the toxx bet with someone else?

It's possible YOLO may have been a statement rather than an address.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Coldforge posted:

It's possible YOLO may have been a statement rather than an address.

He was quoting someone named Yolo though.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
*50 new posts*

Buncha guys arguing who the second best team in the NFC West is

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
"All other variables holding constant" yeah that sounds real likely. The NFL, an organization made up of tens of thousands of people and literally billions of variables

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

*50 new posts*

We were until the Rams fan arrived! Too bad we forgot about your team, or we could have avoided wasting so much time.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
Seahawks are great, niners are garbage

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DariusLikewise posted:

*50 new posts*

Cardinals

Niners/Hawks

Rams

:toxx:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Imagine sincerely believing the things that Lord Waffle Beard posts.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The 2017 injured team lol

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

King Hong Kong posted:

Imagine sincerely believing the things that Lord Waffle Beard posts.

How many alts does he have?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

If Penny is a good RB that doesn't die and there are no serious injuries, I think the Seahawks could be pretty decent.
I don't expect anything better than 8-8 though because our SoS is fairly tough.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you think they'll be even better when earl thomas goes to the cowboys for a third round pick?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nut up punk, im willing to bet 20 dollars

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Skip My Posts posted:

you think they'll be even better when earl thomas goes to the cowboys for a third round pick?

There would be zero point in doing this as Earl will give us a 3rd round pick in 2019 anyway.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

If the Seahawks finish this year with the same or better record as last year I’ll put $100 toward whatever charity Hawks fans here decide on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think the seahawk's biggest weakness has been and still is the lack of protection for Wilson, who has managed to survive so far because of his amazing elusiveness. But eventually his skill and luck will run out and when that happens and he gets hurt, that will not be a fluke that nobody could have foreseen or which means their subsequent lost season should be discounted.

There's too much focus on whether or not the 'hawks still have a viable defense vs. last year's injury-riddled defense. The team rode last year entirely on Russell Wilson Bullshit and that's not a long-term plan for success. It's a plan for the inevitable crushing of Russell Wilson.

The seahawks have shored up their OL with a tight end, a running back, a fifth-round OT, a UDFA center, a UDFA OL, and Brian Schottenheimer. I am not convinced this is enough.

And finally, who said they'd only win six games this year? I missed that. I thought the claim was seven or fewer.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Peachfart posted:

There would be zero point in doing this as Earl will give us a 3rd round pick in 2019 anyway.

I think there's a decent chance the team re-signs him anyway. We shall see.

Should be a fun division next year. I think the Hawks won't be as good as the Rams, but they'll be a tough out.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Leperflesh posted:

And finally, who said they'd only win six games this year? I missed that. I thought the claim was seven or fewer.

I think the original post was a typo--poster said ceiling of ten wins, ceiling of seven wins. Think they meant ceiling of ten wins, floor of seven wins. But whatever, forums gonna forum.

e. Hm quote /= edit, sorry for the double post

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

mike- posted:

Seahawks are great, niners are garbage

:emptyquote:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If the Seahawks finish this year with the same or better record as last year I’ll put $100 toward whatever charity Hawks fans here decide on.

https://whynotyoufdn.org

Because the only way we are going to win this is with Russ so why not his charity?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a cardinals tie would be a really funny way to decide if the goon bux go to nanobubbles 501c3 or old friends senior dog sanctuary

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Personally I don't see the Hawks going over 8-8. Our defense is in the middle of a transition with most of our veterans gone. We don't have an offensive line so much as a flock of birds taking flight and dispersing. Our run game is consistently inconsistent. And we somehow got a worse offensive coordinator than Bevell. This is gonna be a hard year, boys.

And on the subject of bets, :toxx: if the Hawks go over 8-8, I owe LordWaffleBeard a jersey of his choice :toxx:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
russel wilson's charity is letting you gently caress his wife before you sign for detroit

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'll break down what I think will happen with Seattle, comparing to the end of last year, assuming no catastrophic injury:

QB: push, Wilson isn't getting better but he's still in his prime.

RB: better, Penny will be an improvement regardless if he's a reach.

WR: worse, we didn't get younger, Schotty hates passing, and the talent just isn't there after Baldwin.

TE: much worse in terms of production, better in blocking. Worse overall.

Oline: slightly better, Cable is gone, and there will be continuity from last year. Fluker will be good in the running game.

Defensive line: worse. Bennett is gone, I don't expect Green to be a producer this season. The only wildcards here is the UDFAs.

Linebackers: push. Wright and Wagner are great and healthy. Mingo is meh.

Secondary: push. Same lineup as last time, mostly. Maybe slightly worse since no one is getting younger.

ST: better. Seabass can't be worse than Walsh, and Dickson will be better than Ryan.

Coaching: worse. No one thinks highly of Norton and Schotty.

Anyway, our passing game got worse and our defensive line is worse. I'm not sure I see enough improvement for 10 wins. I'm worried it'll be an 8-8 season.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

going from deep crossing routes and run around and shoot non-routes to 3 yard curls is going to be sick

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This goon rules. Putting his money where his mouth is. If the Seahawks finish with a worse record than 2017 (assuming Wilson is healthy for the season) I'll put $20 toward whatever charity .

I'd match your $100 but I'm poor as gently caress.

hifi posted:

going from deep crossing routes and run around and shoot non-routes to 3 yard curls is going to be sick

Yeah... the Schotty effect is the greatest threat to Seattle's season.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I bet a 1 week probation that the seahawks are cool, and good all year.

haha suckers Seahawks are always cool and good.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

*50 new posts*

:thurman:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

We were until the Rams fan arrived! Too bad we forgot about your team, or we could have avoided wasting so much time.

Boy howdy, do I want to punch your avatar in the face.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This goon rules. Putting his money where his mouth is. If the Seahawks finish with a worse record than 2017 (assuming Wilson is healthy for the season) I'll put $20 toward whatever charity .

I'll match this on the opposite side, 20 big ones to whatever charity that the Seahawks have a worse record than 2017

I want the Rams on top of the division and the Niners winning a wild card spot :colbert: Probably won't get that unless the Seahawks and Cardinals are playing shittier football than last year

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I will put $20 to your charity of choice if Wilson plays the entire season without missing at least half a game due to an injury caused directly or indirectly by his lack of OL protection. The posters of this thread can reach a consensus as to whether any given injury was due to errors or failure by the seahawks offensive protection, which includes bad offensive scheming as well as poor player performance.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'd match your $100 but I'm poor as gently caress.

lol wont even give 20 dollars to charity if wilson gets hurt. coward

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
put your money where your mouth is punk! *makes weak rear end qualified bet that will be forgotten in 4 days*

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Play posted:

I'll match this on the opposite side, 20 big ones to whatever charity that the Seahawks have a worse record than 2017

I want the Rams on top of the division and the Niners winning a wild card spot :colbert: Probably won't get that unless the Seahawks and Cardinals are playing shittier football than last year

Probably not but I could see some scenarios where the Niners win the wild card spot. Crazier things have happened in the NFL. They didn't have a great draft or offseason, but Jimmy came in and did great with what he had.

Leperflesh posted:

I will put $20 to your charity of choice if Wilson plays the entire season without missing at least half a game due to an injury caused directly or indirectly by his lack of OL protection. The posters of this thread can reach a consensus as to whether any given injury was due to errors or failure by the seahawks offensive protection, which includes bad offensive scheming as well as poor player performance.

So basically... if injury comes from scrambling past the LOS = you pay, if injury comes from pocket/scrambling behind LOS = you don't pay? I love your spirit regardless.

Seahawks gonna raise money for charity one way or another this season :getin:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat now he can judge draft quality after a week. powerfully retarded

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm hecking excited to see what happens with the OL this year.

LT: Duane Brown (Great but getting old)
LG: Pocic (2nd year in the league, 22, has upside)
C: Britt (average-above average, almost 27)
RG: DJ Fluker (bad?, 27, has upside)
RT: Ifedi (bad?, 23, has upside)

If going from Cable -> Solari adds basically any value whatsoever, the OL will go from "terrible" to "below average". Which is a huge freaking upgrade for that team, and I'll take it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
looks like a lovely bottom level oline

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Skip My Posts posted:

looks like a lovely bottom level oline

Which is a step in the right direction and something to be excited about imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

So basically... if injury comes from scrambling past the LOS = you pay, if injury comes from pocket/scrambling behind LOS = you don't pay? I love your spirit regardless.

Seahawks gonna raise money for charity one way or another this season :getin:

I wouldn't say that Wilson's movement past the LOS or not is the determiner. If he's scrambling because his OL couldn't set the edge against an edge rusher and he got flushed from the pocket immediately, then it doesn't really matter if he's creamed by a linebacker before or after he advances with the ball. A larger determiner is how long it took, because on a passing play if your guys never get open eventually all OLs will break down. I'll allow this thread to be the judge as to whether any particular injury is attributable to ooor OL or scheming.

• Locked thread