Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nilbop posted:

....big bottom Spider-Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

site posted:

Ill give aaron some benefit of the doubt that it wasnt necessarily his intent but that scene felt very "see we dont need those diversity hires, just the good ol boys"

What really got me though was how i was supposed to buy into this There Are No Avengers crap when there were like 30 avengers just last week. Like, y'all took 6 days off and they want me to think its been forever or something

Well considering Aaron started his Thor run by summoning the past present and future Thor all together, along with the grandchildren, he probably believes you need the good ol boys and the young blood working together.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm seeing a lot of people that are salty about Thor being the original flavor again. Like as if it's not clear that as soon as Jane's cancer is in remission she's getting her groove back.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
The obvious arc for Thor V.1 is to regain his worthiness so she's gonna have to do that without Mjolnir or whatever.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nilbop posted:

The obvious arc for Thor V.1 is to regain his worthiness so she's gonna have to do that without Mjolnir or whatever.

Jane Thor threw Mjnonir into the sun and destroyed it. It's gone so there is no more worthiness.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I mean Thor's talking about it while he's knocking back inferior American beer in this very issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way Aaron's Thor doesn't conclude with him regaining the hammer. And probably his arm.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I mean, future Thor still has the Destroyer arm but it's not like that couldn't also be written away.

Actually wait, where did this gold arm come from? Do we know that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nilbop posted:

I mean, future Thor still has the Destroyer arm but it's not like that couldn't also be written away.

Actually wait, where did this gold arm come from? Do we know that?

We'll probably find out in Thor #1.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's still the Mighty Thor Special to come.

edit: And he's got mgoldnir on the cover.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 7, 2018

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Rhyno posted:

There's no way Aaron's Thor doesn't conclude with him regaining the hammer. And probably his arm.

Well theres good odds that Aaron hits the reset, but I don't think its a guarantee. Aaron has had complete creative control over the Thor franchise for what, five years now? He could probably make Marvel promise to keep cool messed-up Thor around for a whole decade, if anyone wanted to do that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The cover of Thor #1 hints that he's gonna have a whole arsenal now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. It seems like he gets a billion made and warps them in willy nilly like the Final Fantasy XV guy.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Single-use disposable hammers. Not very eco-friendly.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
So basically, like MCU Hela, which took a cue from Unlimited Blade Works?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nilbop posted:

I mean Thor's talking about it while he's knocking back inferior American beer in this very issue.
Um Aaron made it very clear that Thor was drinking mead. Cap was the one drinking inferior American beer.

E:

It actually looks like Steve is drinking Guinness. (The next panel clearly shows Thor holding the mug.)

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 7, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I thought it was his new hammer could change forms?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

It's not even a hint. He specifically mentioned it in the last issue of The Mighty Thor.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Covok posted:

Technically, no. site is complaining because she felt that the way the book was worded it felt like a rejection of the diversity movement and reaffirmation of the "good old (white male) boys" team. She did recognize that is probably not the case and was just mentioning her discomfort.

Also, if this were a similar lineup, we'd have a big bottom Spider-Man in the mix and that exclusion is criminal if that was the intent.

You remembered my pronouns :allears:

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

You remembered my pronouns :allears:

Of course. That's just being a normal human being and not being a douche who deadgenders someone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Covok posted:

Of course. That's just being a normal human being and not being a douche who deadgenders someone.

I thinks he was more suggesting that everyone assumes everyone on this site is a male, not that you would intentionally misgender her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I generally assume everyone is a dude because ladies are gross.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

I thinks he was more suggesting that everyone assumes everyone on this site is a male, not that you would intentionally misgender her.

No, I know. I think I just misunderstood the situation and, this makes me a douche and I'm sorry about that and I shouldn't have done that, used it to comment on a practice that annoys me: misgendering people.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
intentional or not misgendering happens often enough that hearing someone get it right the first time feels good :)

but also

Covok posted:

sometimes it feels like the percentage of people who are normal human beings it quite a bit lower than you'd like to think :/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

No, I know. I think I just misunderstood the situation and, this makes me a douche and I'm sorry about that and I shouldn't have done that, used it to comment on a practice that annoys me: misgendering people.

Hey, at least you realized your mistake.

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

intentional or not misgendering happens often enough that hearing someone get it right the first time feels good :)

but also

sometimes it feels like the percentage of people who are normal human beings it quite a bit lower than you'd like to think :/

Oh I know the number of normal human beings can feel quite low and in modern times it feels even lower, but there always decent people and there are always people willing to do the right thing, even in small ways.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Ladies? In my forums? It's more likely than you think!

P.S. I'd like to think that rather than using a magical all-in-one weapon or a lot of magical weapons, Thor has a lot of weapons because he's a god who hits a lot of things hard so of course poo poo would break and he'd have to lug around a sack of replacements.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Thor’s been gathering Korok seeds this entire time and decided to finally spend them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Ladies? In my forums? It's more likely than you think!

P.S. I'd like to think that rather than using a magical all-in-one weapon or a lot of magical weapons, Thor has a lot of weapons because he's a god who hits a lot of things hard so of course poo poo would break and he'd have to lug around a sack of replacements.

If I recall in the actual norse legend part of the reason Mjolnir was so awesome was because Thor could hit poo poo with it without breaking it while everything else he used got shattered in moments because mythological Thor ain't got no setting below 11.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Thor’s been gathering Korok seeds this entire time and decided to finally spend them.

Gonna be mad when he gets a pile of poop at the end of this whole ordeal.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Endless Mike posted:

In my case it's just because I have a crappy memory when it comes to people online unless I heavily interact with them

I have no issues on being corrected if I screw up when it comes to things like pronouns

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rhyno posted:

I generally assume everyone is a dude because ladies are gross.

I assume everyone I interact with online are computer algorithm's or Russian AI programs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Question IRL posted:

I assume everyone I interact with online are computer algorithm's.

Microsoft Tay is alive and well and posting here.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Covok posted:

Jane Thor threw Mjnonir into the sun and destroyed it. It's gone so there is no more worthiness.

They could always steal Bill's hammer like they did in the movies.

Covok
May 27, 2013

SilverSupernova posted:

They could always steal Bill's hammer like they did in the movies.

Funny enough, Bill actually offered to give Thor his hammer in the first issue of the Unworthy Thor and Thor refused.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

maybe use [spoiler] next time gently caress-o

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Autism Sneaks posted:

Didn't they clearly show him holding Stormbreaker in some of the trailers and promos anyway?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Autism Sneaks posted:

I dunno if you noticed bro but spoiler tags have been over for a couple days chill the gently caress out

Covok
May 27, 2013

SilverSupernova posted:

Didn't they clearly show him holding Stormbreaker in some of the trailers and promos anyway?

I don't think so.

Also, it's not Stormbreaker. They call it Stormbreaker, but it's not Stormbreaker. It's Ultimate Thor's hammer shamelessly renamed Stormbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The trailers show him doing the motion of raising Stormbreaker but with the axe digitally removes. In fact the trailer had a lot of digital fuckery going on to showcase some scenes without actually revealing what was actually happening in the scene

• Locked thread