Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

oohhboy posted:

Here's another thing Americans find astonishing when its generally quite normal outside of the US. Stop making things hard for yourselves.

Uh, the cop didn't murder a white guy, this is rather normal here.

Now, had the suspect been black, or had just an erstwhile unarmed black person wandered near the scene, you can rest assured that our brave men and women in blue would neutralize the threat without a moment's notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
This motherfucker thinks we have a problem with cops shooting white people

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
See the story of Sammy Yatim, wherein a Toronto cop is found guilty of attempted murder for shooting an armed attacker too many times.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Outside of the US there is a different expectations, structure, SOP and unified standards as to how police should act. US police routinely and are trained to act out of bounds to that expectation while for us talking a suspect down is the norm. Getting prosecuted for shooting a suspect too many times falls under excessive force and the consequences fall under attempted murder. He was found guilty and with the track and level of trust we have with our justice system most won't nor I question the judgement.

It's seems like a foreign concept that police are accountable for their actions. Too often in the US the officer resigns which for reason allows everyone to wash their hands of the incident. Nor do we have a culture of hero worship. We do show respect but that has been earned and maintained. We fight against front line police being armed and look poorly to the use of tasers. America is the example of how not to police. We have our own problems but absurd escalations into gunfights isn't one.

American expectations and standards is what need adjusting, not ours.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

oohhboy posted:

American expectations and standards is what need adjusting, not ours.

Yup.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The USA is a deeply, deeply cruel place.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

I for one blame the fact that country was founded by the shittiest heretics heathens Protestants whose whole big deal was "life is supposed to be miserable so you should just accept it and work till you die!" I mean its no coincidence that the labor movement coincided with the mass influx of Catholic immigrants to this nation.

loving bingo.

The Protestant Work Ethic bullshit was baked into this country from the get go, that's why it's so hard to remove and you still see people overwhelming believe in it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Amazing

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

http://hillaryclintonillness.com/

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i would love to see the audit reports on the budget for this show

edit:
"says here you bought three websites for the sole purpose of displaying... trolly gifs of ferrets?"

"yes, that's correct"

"it also says that you spent thousands of dollars on a jock strap formerly owned by Russell Crowe, which ended with a donation to a charity for STI-ridden marsupials?"

"that is also correct."

"do you have the receipts for these things?"

"yessir we do"

"alright everything is in order, see you guys next season!"

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 7, 2018

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I think that last segment earned a new thread title.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

It's great that Johnny O. ended the series before it got too stale. You can only have your name affiliated with Koala chlamydia once and by god, he did it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I haven't seen the episode yet, so seeing this without any context is hilarious as hell.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I'm a bit stunned he didn't mention that time Guliani while out stumping for Trump denied that 9/11 happened (i.e. any attacks under Bush's watch, stating that they "all started" during Obama), contradicting himself from just moments earlier.

The picture would have been made more complete with it, and could have helped seal the deal on the rest of the people who still held out a little faith in the man.
But I feel that way at least once during most LWT episodes. Their research team digs up great unnoticed stuff but picks some strange things to omit among more obvious information.

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 7, 2018

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The USA is a deeply, deeply cruel place.

http://giuliani2024.com/

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I watch Last Week Tonight to learn about important news, like finding out Bindi Irwin grew up to be smoking hot.

And to find out about the latest ferret gifs.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Holy poo poo. Well played, Russell Crowe.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Vanderdeath posted:

It's great that Johnny O. ended the series before it got too stale. You can only have your name affiliated with Koala chlamydia once and by god, he did it.

If he killed his own show, he didn't let HBO know in advance, as a new episode is scheduled for next Sunday.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If he killed his own show, he didn't let HBO know in advance, as a new episode is scheduled for next Sunday.

Oliver is out, Russell Crowe is the new host.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, I think somebody needs to check on Jeff, he didn't look too hot there at the end :ohdear:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Last Week Tonight: The John Oliver Koala Chlamydia Ward

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A part of me is almost sad the show isn't ending, just because of how amazing a way to do it that would've been.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Holy poo poo, that was an absolute pro-move on Crowe's part. :allears:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oliver is out, Russell Crowe is the new host.

Last Week's Koala loving With Russel Crowe

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Also, never forget how loving hated Guliani was before 9/11

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Russell Crowe was secretly cool, all along

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I guess I didn't particularly know the details for how much of a poo poo Rudy Juliani is, but it's odd that they spent their whole main segment on it, seeing as how he's mostly old news. Sure he's back now, but he could also be gone, never to be seen again in a couple months.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SlothfulCobra posted:

Sure he's back now, but he could also be gone, never to be seen again in a couple months days.

A lawyer lasting months in the Trump admin? I've edited your timeline

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

SlothfulCobra posted:

I guess I didn't particularly know the details for how much of a poo poo Rudy Juliani is, but it's odd that they spent their whole main segment on it, seeing as how he's mostly old news. Sure he's back now, but he could also be gone, never to be seen again in a couple months.

I mean, it's still a comedy show, and Rudy is a funny figure. The MOOCH was only on the scene for what, two weeks, but I absolutely loved the Colber' take on him, to make a comparison. You can pick any clown out of the Trump firetruck and could make a decent and funny 15-minute segment, Rudy's just been in the news this past week.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Rudy is like a bad penny and you can bet after Trump publicly burns him, he's going to try to do a heel turn to get back into politics. It's important that everyone remembers he's not just like this right now from trying to make sense out of Trump's bullshit.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm a little surprised they did a segment on Giuliani and resisted a joke using Trump motorboating him.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Is that photo that always gets posted of Guliani dancing in drag with his legs exposed real or photoshopped? I reverse google image searched it once and got nothing

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Is that photo that always gets posted of Guliani dancing in drag with his legs exposed real or photoshopped? I reverse google image searched it once and got nothing
Dancing with the Rockettes? It's real. I saw it on the news the day it happened. There's video of it.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
...and Johnny O did not procure this video for his episode?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Russell Crowe shows that he is a master class troll.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this! posted:

Russell Crowe shows that he is a master class troll.

The cynic in me wonders if there wasn't some Oliver-Crowe collision there...

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's just as funny, as long as the Irwins are sincere about it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Medullah posted:

The cynic in me wonders if there wasn't some Oliver-Crowe collision there...

Who cares?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lycus posted:

It's just as funny, as long as the Irwins are sincere about it.

I’m still an Irwin fan :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Lycus posted:

I'm a little surprised they did a segment on Giuliani and resisted a joke using Trump motorboating him.

Vic Berger did not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hzaBHnNI_I

AMEWIKHAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

• Locked thread