Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Finished up the second Archon this morning:

This one killed a bunch of Daemons in the game before I painted him, hence the cloak. The Succubus is nearly done too although I had to pin her glaive where the join snapped which slowed things down a little. Put some basecoats on the Venom today as well, so just that and the plane to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

dexefiend posted:

My speed painted 20 minutes or less Drukhari Sybarite to test if this scheme works for absolute speedpainting:

Let's see how he looks tomorrow!

it looks pretty loving rad right now

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Booyah- posted:

it looks pretty loving rad right now

Thanks, man!

This is after a night of drying.

I could definitely do an army of these guys.

Prime with Vallejo Israeli Sand primer.
Spray from above with VMC Deck Tan.
Paint red with Gory Red, body suit with P3 Coal Black.
Paint eye with P3 Arcane Blue.

Dipped with Minwax Polyshades Tudor.

Edit: vvvvvvvv I am. This guy was really just to test the scheme. I don't want to spend as much as a full list would cost right now. I know I have enough on my plate. ... maybe by Christmas ...

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 12:06 on May 7, 2018

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I know I'm like the least qualified person in the world to say this but - finish one of your other armies first, dude.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

dexefiend posted:

Thanks, man!

This is after a night of drying.

I could definitely do an army of these guys.

Prime with Vallejo Israeli Sand primer.
Spray from above with VMC Deck Tan.
Paint red with Gory Red, body suit with P3 Coal Black.
Paint eye with P3 Arcane Blue.

Dipped with Minwax Polyshades Tudor.

Edit: vvvvvvvv I am. This guy was really just to test the scheme. I don't want to spend as much as a full list would cost right now. I know I have enough on my plate. ... maybe by Christmas ...

I think if you use the red and black to block out a few more details before dipping it would really pop. Great job.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Reverse xpost from the 40k thread:

Corrode posted:

They're my favourite thing in the Ad Mech range next to Cawl, but they do look out of place is all I'm saying

Got the Succubus done too, with her freshly pinned archite glaive:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Finally finished assembling my Malifaux box, except for a base for the Flesh Construct. Some of the models were not as bad as I thought, but yikes.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Corrode posted:

Reverse xpost from the 40k thread:

Your elves are looking really good man, I've gotta get off my rear end and get more Guard done. I've got another rifle squad and a lascannon HWS in the pipe right now, hopefully have them done by the end of the week. Then it's just two more squads to finish before a 1250 point tournament at the end of the month.

E: also Dex that's a really nice elf

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

WIP on my first Wet Elf, not quite 100% sure if I want to go with this scheme. The gem is supposed to be a pearl. I'm not sure it really works at such a small size (or if I have the skill to pull it off anyway), I might just redo it as a normal colored gem.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Finally finished assembling my Malifaux box, except for a base for the Flesh Construct. Some of the models were not as bad as I thought, but yikes.

The Crazy Cat Lady (nightmare Hamelin) box is pretty cool. Imagine putting together that chihuahua but like 15 times.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Moon Monster posted:

WIP on my first Wet Elf, not quite 100% sure if I want to go with this scheme. The gem is supposed to be a pearl. I'm not sure it really works at such a small size (or if I have the skill to pull it off anyway), I might just redo it as a normal colored gem.

The Crazy Cat Lady (nightmare Hamelin) box is pretty cool. Imagine putting together that chihuahua but like 15 times.

I think a yellow gem would provide some nice contrast and complement the color scheme nicely.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Some stuff I've done recently.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

The Moon Monster posted:

:suicide:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Back to painting! Now that the semester is over I finally have my weeknights back, and while I have a lot to catch up on I'm committed to getting back on track. Tonight was a good step as I got all of the edge highlighting done on my Inceptors and applied the first purple wash. Tomorrow will be the second wash, then it's down to detail work. Some of the stuff worries me (still not sure how I'm going to do the foot extension things) but I'm sure it'll work out. More importantly I'm painting!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Spent tonight building my all-resin Raven Guard Contemptor. It has been a while since I've worked with resin, and it's not as easy as plastic! I think I'll have it fully constructed and painted by tomorrow.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

The Sex Cannon posted:

Spent tonight building my all-resin Raven Guard Contemptor. It has been a while since I've worked with resin, and it's not as easy as plastic! I think I'll have it fully constructed and painted by tomorrow.

Yeah, resin's more of a pain than plastic, but the resin contemptor dreads are just so good.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

adamantium|wang posted:

Your elves are looking really good man, I've gotta get off my rear end and get more Guard done. I've got another rifle squad and a lascannon HWS in the pipe right now, hopefully have them done by the end of the week. Then it's just two more squads to finish before a 1250 point tournament at the end of the month.

E: also Dex that's a really nice elf

Thanks bud. I only wish I had a better picture-taking set-up than my one lamp and cardboard box. Looking forward to getting the whole army painted up, I'll try and get a full look at the 2k list and then another of the whole gang in the cases which is like 3-4k depending.

I really like your Guard infantry, looking forward to seeing more of them.

rzal posted:

Some stuff I've done recently.

Cool stuff, love the BB Orcs.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

The Sex Cannon posted:

I realized I said painted here, but I don't mean painted. I meant to say primed.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

The Sex Cannon posted:

I realized I said painted here, but I don't mean painted. I meant to say primed.

It did seem awfully fast.

If only forgeworld resin was as easy to work with as marbo and eisenhorn had been.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I had some time, so I started work on Steelheart's Champions. Going for a ceramics and gold look.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Got my first 5 lads done for forge world Konor, hopefully the next bunch wont take me quite so long now that I've gotten a feel for the method. Next up is my tech priest dominus whose nearly ready to shade and being a massive tart for painting characters I'll get him done faster.

Lighting's even worse than usual since my directed lamp's bulb died as i was repositioning it for this and its too hot to change right now :v:.

(Also no I didnt forget to put the flasks on the side of the plasma callivers shut up its fine.)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think a yellow gem would provide some nice contrast and complement the color scheme nicely.

Good call, that looks much better.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Awesome.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

My progress on my Scarecrow Militia for Batman Miniature Game. 9 guys to go! The Scarecrow is still goopy with dip.

Edit: hey, I just noticed I missed my 15th Goon birthday. Just wanted to thank you guys for 15 fun years.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 9, 2018

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Cross-postin' some tank love!

Late-production (50mm) Panzer III G:

I mag-mo-tized this one such that it's convertible! Here it is as a short-barreled 75mm Panzer III N, complete with Schürzen:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ilor posted:

Cross-postin' some tank love!

Late-production (50mm) Panzer III G:
I mag-mo-tized this one such that it's convertible! Here it is as a short-barreled 75mm Panzer III N, complete with Schürzen:

How did you scuff up the schurzen?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
More progress! Managed to do a second coat of purple on the Inceptors before cleaning up the backpacks and starting on the plasma exterminators. I finished up the heads and glued them on; I'm really excited about how they're going to look.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Schadenboner posted:

How did you scuff up the schurzen?
I just stippled dark gray paint on it (VMC Dark Grey), then went in and lightly underlined it in my edge highlight color (VMC Buff).

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I regret spray painting this white, but I learn lessons best by making mistakes.

I got my fiance into painting miniatures, and the pathfinder ones seem great because they are already primed.

We need to figure out the lore for what chapter of space marine this could be.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Lascannons are done:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

adamantium|wang posted:

Lascannons are done:

super clean and consistent! Looks great!

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Slapped together my second box of Custodes last night. It’s now up to Trajan, 5 Vertus Praetors, 5 Wardens, 6 Allarus Custodes and 9 Custodes.

Also, I’m not a fan of the Gloss Agrax Earthshade at all. It’s too hard to work with and dries sticky.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

Slapped together my second box of Custodes last night. It’s now up to Trajan, 5 Vertus Praetors, 5 Wardens, 6 Allarus Custodes and 9 Custodes.

Also, I’m not a fan of the Gloss Agrax Earthshade at all. It’s too hard to work with and dries sticky.

Army Painter Soft and Strong Tone. You'll thank me later.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

adamantium|wang posted:

Lascannons are done:

Luvly jubly

The black contrasting with the base is really nice

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah, I have the strong tone and I've used it before. I just saw some people online saying how great the agrax gloss was, so I wanted to try it. Hard pass on that one from now on.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And dark tone

And blue tone, and purple tone, and ...

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I bought the whole box. I really like them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

dexefiend posted:

I bought the whole box. I really like them.

Same here. The Inceptors I'm working on right now will use no less than six washes (Soft, Strong, Dark, Red, Blue, Purple).

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Tech priest shaded, hopefully make some progress with him tomorrow.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I dig the blue stripe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
Cross post

Been working on a squad of inceptors for my space wolves

Tried for about 10 minutes to attach this guy to the flight stand before giving up for the night