Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It does explain it. The PS4 never got the 4th of July dlc that the PC got. I’m sure the Switch will launch with all dlc and they had to shore up the PS4 too. Also they fixed performance issues on PS4

Also, for those who have never played, Broforce is, without a doubt the single best couch co-op game I have ever played. It absolutely deserves your attention if you like couch co op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Why is the Donkey Kong game from 2014 sixty dollars?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Rolo posted:

because the wii u bombed so bad it might as well be a brand new game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rolo posted:

https://twitter.com/dog_rates/status/775410014383026176

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I haven't played Tropical Freeze in 4 years, so it practically feels like a brand new game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's not like it's aged or been outdone by anything newer

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I can't get used to gyro aiming. y'all are crazy.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rolo posted:

Cause it's good, bitch

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Infinitum posted:

Legit question, why do you even care how much time you've played a game?

It makes me feel better when the numbers go up. Plus I just want to know. Why do you even care why I care?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

because the wii u bombed so bad it might as well be a brand new game

It's pretty much this. Except for Nintendo die-hards and people who bought a WiiU for Smash and nothing else, a lot of these WiiU ports are practically new to most people. I had a WiiU and Tropical Freeze was a game I was aware about on the WiiU but didn't really bother with because outside a few games I didn't really keep up with its releases.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Lobster posted:

It makes me feel better when the numbers go up. Plus I just want to know. Why do you even care why I care?

Because I don't see the importance of "Played for 14:55:23" as opposed to "Played for around 15 hours"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Because I don't see the importance of "Played for 14:55:23" as opposed to "Played for around 15 hours"

why not

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I got Tropical Freeze for free when Club Nintendo ended :smuggo:

I won’t feel bad about buying it again, but Captain Toad this month is a higher priority for me since I never got that for Wii U

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Wii U had a lot of really good first party games and they won't all make it to Switch. But you summer soldiers, you sunshine patriots, are at least getting Captain Toad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo LABO kit, but you make a cardboard Virtual Boy to slot the Switch in, and the cartridge comes with the complete Virtual Boy library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJ7wRFvKpQ

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Baxate posted:

I got Tropical Freeze for free when Club Nintendo ended :smuggo:

I won’t feel bad about buying it again, but Captain Toad this month is a higher priority for me since I never got that for Wii U

Captain Toad is coming out this month??

I will totally buy it again for the New Donk City level alone

I hope there's new levels for each of the new Odyssey worlds, since Captain Toad does show up in all of them

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Macaluso posted:

July

The other big Nintendo release this month is Hyrule Warriors

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Infinitum posted:

What about "Played for 8:34:03" versus "Played for around 5 hours?" Because that's what I'm bitching about. It's not accurate at all.

E: Not to mention the one on 3DS gave you how many times you had opened the game and your average playtime. All great statistics.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I will totally buy it again for the New Donk City level alone

I hope there's new levels for each of the new Odyssey worlds, since Captain Toad does show up in all of them

Never mind, it actually comes out on July

I think i got it mixed up with Dark souls’s original release date since all that poo poo was announced in the same direct

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

enojy posted:

Be careful with extended play sessions. I played it so drat much that I burnt the UI into my screen (both the Switch's screen and my TV!) for a couple of weeks.

This doesn't bode well for Dark Souls...

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Infinitum posted:

Also "Played for 14:55:23" would say "Played for around 10 hours" because it's not at 15 yet so.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

enojy posted:

Wait, is the Pro controller thing about the D-pad bychance? Are they fixing that now? I loving hate mine and would send it in in a second. It's over a year old, though...

Be careful with extended play sessions. I played it so drat much that I burnt the UI into my screen (both the Switch's screen and my TV!) for a couple of weeks.

I have played 200 hours of BOTW pretty much straight. Over four years I have played maybe 600+ hours of KSP.

How much BoI did you play?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wikipedia Brown posted:

you sound old. are you old?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo LABO kit, but you make a cardboard Virtual Boy to slot the Switch in, and the cartridge comes with the complete Virtual Boy library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJ7wRFvKpQ

I think some VB emulators run on Google Cardboard, maybe other mobile VR headsets. With the option to change the blinding red, at that

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Rolo posted:

for some wacky reason i have a feeling 60 dollars will cost less than buying a wii u and wii u tropical freeze for most people

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Wait a loving minute, are you trying to argue with math here?!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

DK needs to be 60 because it was a great game and wasn’t able to sell before it was on the Switch

Just kidding, IDIOT, it sold almost 2 million copies before it was on the Switch, it’s pure greed bitch

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rolo posted:

It's worth $60 to anyone who didn't own a Wii U and never played it, IMO. Otherwise yeah, gently caress that. Nintendo.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I have played 200 hours of BOTW pretty much straight. Over four years I have played maybe 600+ hours of KSP.

How much BoI did you play?

Somewhere between 300 and 400 hours, but I was still in college when it came out, so that meant loooong play sessions while I neglected classes/homework. The burn-in went away after a couple of weeks (actually, I realize "burn-in" is probably the wrong term now... I suppose image retention.)

Wildtortilla posted:

This doesn't bode well for Dark Souls...

I think Dark Souls will be alright. The problem with BoI's UI was it was super contrasty, was rarely not on the screen, and never, ever, ever moved. With Dark Souls, at least it disappears for a good 20 seconds at a time any time you die or teleport at a bonfire!

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 7, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wikipedia Brown posted:

It took me a long while to get used to it. Once you do, you’ll see why we love it.

The key is to use sticks for broad movements and gyro for small precise adjustments. You don’t want to be swinging the console/controller around.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I don't think Rayman cut their price either, and they're about the same caliber of game

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm excited to play Hyrule Warriors. I missed it when it was for the Wii U.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spellman posted:

I don't think Rayman cut their price either, and they're about the same caliber of game

Rayman Legends at full price is just pure profiteering considering it's built ready to run on drat-near anything at this point.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Over There posted:

I'm excited to play Hyrule Warriors. I missed it when it was for the Wii U.

Same, I played waaaaaaaaay more FEW than it probably deserved too. I'm hype to finally play Hyrule Warriors for real

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Tropical Freeze costs $10 more than when it launched on Wii U. There's a Funky tax.

I think Captain Toad+ is releasing at $40, but it wouldn't have surprised me if they raised it just because.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

whaley posted:

for some wacky reason i have a feeling 60 dollars will cost less than buying a wii u and wii u tropical freeze for most people

This excuse is bad. If an old ps3 game comes out on the ps4 I’m not like “sure I’ll spend 60 bucks because it’s cheaper than buying a ps3!”

I think “this old game shouldn’t be premium new game cost. Pass.”

But I get it. Nintendo.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you didn't want ports to be expensive then you shouldn't have killed the Wii U

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

If you didn't want ports to be expensive then you shouldn't have killed the Wii U

I'm glad the Wii U is dead

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Just got DKC Tropical Freeze and never played the original (despite owning a Wii U). The game defaults to Funky Mode, should I just jump in there or is there any reason to go with Original?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Just got DKC Tropical Freeze and never played the original (despite owning a Wii U). The game defaults to Funky Mode, should I just jump in there or is there any reason to go with Original?

I would play original first. Funky Kong is basically an added in easy mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Isn't Funky mode little babby mode?

• Locked thread