Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
My IGN is Azran GG (Azran was already taken :( ) in case anyone wants to add me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Is there a reason I have six daily challenges? I heard I’m only supposed to have 3 at a time

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

inferis posted:

Is there a reason I have six daily challenges? I heard I’m only supposed to have 3 at a time

Are some battlepass challenges?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

inferis posted:

I think the Starter Challenges show up under daily

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

el B posted:

I think the Starter Challenges show up under daily

That’s what it is thanks

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

FauxLeather posted:

I've had so many occasions where I've unloaded an entire clip of my assault rifle at an enemy while they were in the center of a Still & Crouching crosshair and had every shot miss. Scoped assault rifles are the only ones I wanna use because those actually hit.

Streamers are all just hackers

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Anyone looking to finish that buddies challenge on ps4? I'm starting to really like the extra strategy of duo and squad modes but none of my friends are into this anymore.
PS I'm pretty 'meh'
PSN: VeryNormalGuy

edit: Also down for stw since I'm about midway through plankerton and pugging is increasingly becoming a liability there, since you're now as likely to find an idle leecher as a dude who accidentally builds overhangs that let husks jump directly over half your defenses and traps and into your fort's soft spots.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 7, 2018

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

what in the frick, epic

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/993490649864396800

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Wow they're gonna make a lot of money

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Jesus, that is huge. I'm not all up in the MCU but that is a big deal.

I'd like to know more and I would also like to guess this will make them a bajillion dollars.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The “Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup” mode for Battle Royale will feel just like a standard slugfest — with one major difference: One hundred players will descend upon the map and fight until one player is left standing, as usual, but this time you’ll do so with the Infinity Gauntlet in play.

The artifact containing all six Infinity Stones — the same one Thanos used to cripple Earth’s Mightiest Heroes on the big screen — will appear on the map. Whomsoever finds and equips it will transform into Thanos himself, wielding all the power that comes with him.

sure

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

The “Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup” mode for Battle Royale will feel just like a standard slugfest — with one major difference: One hundred players will descend upon the map and fight until one player is left standing, as usual, but this time you’ll do so with the Infinity Gauntlet in play.

The artifact containing all six Infinity Stones — the same one Thanos used to cripple Earth’s Mightiest Heroes on the big screen — will appear on the map. Whomsoever finds and equips it will transform into Thanos himself, wielding all the power that comes with him.

sure

So they're paring it down to just a 50-man battle?

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

“Hi, is this the gaming money printer? This is the movie money printer - do you want to team up and make a lot more money?”

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Pinterest Mom posted:

sure

i don't follow comic book movies, what does any of this mean

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

prom candy posted:

i don't follow comic book movies, what does any of this mean

Like a juggernaut mode or the mode from bioshock mp where someone becomes the big daddy.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
oh that sounds kinda fun

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mr Hootington posted:

Like a juggernaut mode or the mode from bioshock mp where someone becomes the big daddy.

I wonder if it'll be more like the golden gun/stay a free for all with everyone trying to get their shot at the glove/power up or switch to a 1 v 99 at the point that someone picks it up. Or for that matter, if only the first person stays Thanos and if he chokes it just is a hilariously wasted buff.
I mean it says it right there 'until 1 is left' but if it actually switches teams if the gauntlet gets grabbed it shows they've coded team swaps, so you could have a 'squads until 25 people are left' or other weird modes that could add to the chaos.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 7, 2018

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Gonna kill Thanos with a grey suppressed smg. :smug:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

keyframe posted:

Gonna kill Thanos with a grey suppressed smg impulse grenade. :smug:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What in all hell.

Was not expecting this.

chopstixdiva
Apr 18, 2013
Has anyone had issues with chests? I opened a couple yesterday and the loot fell through the floor and I wasn't able to collect it. I was able to see it (the box that provides item description showed up), but when I went to collect it, my character would just shake their head. I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else.

Sorry for the poor description, if I can get a vid or pic, I will share. :(

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

chopstixdiva posted:

Has anyone had issues with chests? I opened a couple yesterday and the loot fell through the floor and I wasn't able to collect it. I was able to see it (the box that provides item description showed up), but when I went to collect it, my character would just shake their head. I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else.

Just to eliminate the most obvious - was it complaining that your backpack was full? Red text on the item description.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

chopstixdiva posted:

Not quite, but:

I opened on on the precipice of Dusty Divot only to have the loot fly out, fall off the edge, and land on a slope that I was unable to stop on long enough to pick up the loot.

Then I died.

Seemed more like lovely placement than a bug though.

chopstixdiva
Apr 18, 2013

Super Rad posted:

Just to eliminate the most obvious - was it complaining that your backpack was full? Red text on the item description.

Thank you for asking. It was my first chest of the game, I was at the prison and my backpack was empty. It doesn't happen that frequently - had it happen last night at a most inconvenient time (got pickaxed to death because the gun fell thru the floor and I couldn't pick it up).

Edit - To correct my wording from the original post, I opened several chests yesterday, but one of the several that I opened had the loot fall through the floor. Sorry I am bad with wording - I can see why the game hates me and makes the loot fall thru the floor :/

chopstixdiva fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 7, 2018

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Beastie posted:

Not quite, but:

I opened on on the precipice of Dusty Divot only to have the loot fly out, fall off the edge, and land on a slope that I was unable to stop on long enough to pick up the loot.

Then I died.

Seemed more like lovely placement than a bug though.

many chests in ruined houses and bridges will open directly into a pit. you'll need to build a platform underneath the chest if you want the items to land near you.

there's one bugged chest in the prison's northeast tower, which almost always dumps its items into the floor below it, but that's the only unintentionally weird chest that I know of

e: lol yeah that's the one

chopstixdiva
Apr 18, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

many chests in ruined houses and bridges will open directly into a pit. you'll need to build a platform underneath the chest if you want the items to land near you.

there's one bugged chest in the prison's northeast tower, which almost always dumps its items into the floor below it, but that's the only unintentionally weird chest that I know of

YES! THIS!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Venuz Patrol posted:

I've had a few ammo boxes or chests sorta do the same thing this patch, not fully wasted loot, but where the model wound up in the floor geometry and you could choose to pick it up, but just couldn't see what it was until you did.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
well you could land in other places until the glitch in prison gets fixed, but my recommendation would be to continue landing in prison but go to the floor below the tower and steal the gun when somebody else is stupid enough to open the glitched chest

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tomorrow we will have game devs jumping from the 23th floor in all other game companies.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Pretty loving baller move to drop it on the day of Destiny 2's new expansion.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

^burtle posted:

To be honest they're likely doing Destiny 2 a favor.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

^burtle posted:

Destiny is not even in next league over to punching weight Fortnite has right now.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Destiny is not even in next league over to punching weight Fortnite has right now.

That doesn't matter though. Blizzard launches patches before/at the same time of smaller MMO launches/expacs often as well. Fun to see them on the receiving end of that poo poo for a change.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

^burtle posted:

Destiny 2 was fuckin DOA, christ did they whiff that game. I bought the pack with every expansion in it and I didn't play a single one.

Venuz Patrol posted:

This annoys the gently caress out of me in most houses where they're right in front of a hole in the floor that leads to the upper stair landing. For some reason I just cannot for the life of me stick any sort of jump up there on the first try.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Oh I agree with you guys 100%, just a total flex and I'm laughing about it.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Seditiar posted:

That doesn't matter though. Blizzard launches patches before/at the same time of smaller MMO launches/expacs often as well. Fun to see them on the receiving end of that poo poo for a change.

lol no one is coming back to play Destiny 2 PvP from Fortnite. Destiny PvP is dead and buried.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Seditiar posted:

:confused: Did you even read before replying?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

that would be cool if the map displayed where the gauntlet was and if you possessed it you could see on the map where the infinity stones were so you would have to move around to collect them for different boosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Gauntlet is on top of a hill.

Weapons scattered all the way up.

Everyone starts in a circle at the bottom of the hill.

First to the top gets the gauntlet and becomes king of poo poo kicker mountain.

Profit.