Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my ds4 is all hosed up and like gets stuck in the down forward position i can no longer play tekken that's right i use a pad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i think the micro usb port is hosed up because it doesn't happen when i use my ps4 [almost never] wirelessly. fuuu

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

my ds4 is all hosed up and like gets stuck in the down forward position i can no longer play tekken that's right i use a pad

that happened to my first ds4 as well. Sony is motherfuckers

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i heard the xbox elite controller has a good dpab but those fuckers cost 150 dollars HOL Y poo poo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i heard the xbox elite controller has a good dpab but those fuckers cost 150 dollars HOL Y poo poo

Dont believe the lies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah i couldnt believe the deal either. Have 3 myself.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

How do you fit them in your home. :D

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bump with sick Danger Time moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ5kqNDMnN0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That thumbnail 😍

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Thinking about this from NCS again

quote:

To pass the time until the next Injustice 2 character reveal, I've been imagining the ease with which Superman could dispatch of the entire Guilty Gear cast.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/dragon-ball/news/free-update-dragon-ball-fighterz?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Patch notes for the big balance patch. Summary: We can continue to not play this game.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
are yall playing xrd on pc?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kongming posted:

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/dragon-ball/news/free-update-dragon-ball-fighterz?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Patch notes for the big balance patch. Summary: We can continue to not play this game.

thats a lot of notes, did they not fix critical issues or something?

also loaded up tek7 yest and started practicing miguel. im so hype for soulcal and i wanna learn this and get some good matches in before SC6

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Parachute posted:

\

Uhh... No I... I'm play... I have it on the... Xstation... The play... The gamecube... Uh... Gamecraft 450.... Crame craft...

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Wormskull posted:

\

Uhh... No I... I'm play... I have it on the... Xstation... The play... The gamecube... Uh... Gamecraft 450.... Crame craft...

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

extremebuff posted:

also loaded up tek7 yest and started practicing miguel. im so hype for soulcal and i wanna learn this and get some good matches in before SC6

The "critical issues" to me are not fixable in a balance patch I guess but I'm not going to go over them here because what dinosaurjerk posted earlier in the thread is basically how I feel about the game as well. The problem I have with these notes is that they played up major balance changes for most of the cast and they amount to hardly anything with the exception of nerfing Android 16 a lot (which he did need to be nerfed, to be fair). 90% of the patch notes are preceded by "Fixed an issue with" meaning that they aren't balance changes but bug fixes.

Take Beerus for instance, all of his changes amount to fixing some graphical glitches, removing his infinite, and reducing recovery on one of his normals. He's still going to be rear end because his orbs are still pointless, his hitboxes are still loving stupid, and he still needs meter to get knockdown outside of corner. Again, not something that can maybe be fixed in an interim balance patch, but I was expecting a little more on the buffing bad characters side of things.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I uninstalled that rear end post-haste and never looked back.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[The other Jeffrey Lebowski voice, the millionaire] My advice to you, is install ST sir.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

Hell I love Tekken 7 too but it's pretty different than sc, in terms of trying to learn a game ahead of time. In sc you just push a direction and move instead of having to master the dash cancelling stuff in Tekken just to move around safely

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parachute posted:

I play everything on pc if I can, except for UNIST which doesn't have a PC version yet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Hell I love Tekken 7 too but it's pretty different than sc, in terms of trying to learn a game ahead of time. In sc you just push a direction and move instead of having to master the dash cancelling stuff in Tekken just to move around safely

my only experience with soulcal is 1. playing as Link and beating the story/weird cool dungeon crawl stuff in SC2
2. getting drunk and taking turns making abominations in the SC3 character creator and then pitting our monsters against eachother in AI fights

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
My tekken experience is winning 100 rounds against imps with 0 losses until in training brought his games poster ringer to cheese me with christy. Thanks for reading

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mayhaps darkest dungeon has bored holes into my brain but i hope SC6 has a cool story gimmick like 2 did, i remember 3 doing some interesting stuff too

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

extremebuff posted:

mayhaps darkest dungeon has bored holes into my brain but i hope SC6 has a cool story gimmick like 2 did, i remember 3 doing some interesting stuff too

Christ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope it has character creator

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ween posted:

Christ

an SP mode with a lot of unique fun gameplay mechanics is way better than just 50 plain ai battles in a row

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

extremebuff posted:

an SP mode with a lot of unique fun gameplay mechanics is way better than just 50 plain ai battles in a row

You said story

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ween posted:

You said story

meaning the main story mode or single player campaign or whatever they call it obviously

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ween posted:

You said story

I need to know the sword lore

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

elf help book posted:

I need to know the sword lore

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ween posted:

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold.

So it's a roguelike?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Soul Calibur 6: A Soul In Darkness, is a fantastic Indie Treasure from the genius minds at Bandai-Namco, featuring an absolutely awesome story mode. At only 59.99, you can’t afford NOT to enjoy this Suberb offering.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Soul Calibur 6: A Soul In Darkness, is a fantastic Indie Treasure from the genius minds at Bandai-Namco, featuring an absolutely awesome story mode. At only 59.99, you can’t afford NOT to enjoy this Suberb offering.

Bandai-Namco? That's the logo that appears before Dark Souls. These guys know their stuff!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Mfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i liked the two map modes in sc1 and 2 iirc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I liked the single player on Soul Blade for psx, you could unlock a bunch of alternate swords with different stats.

I also think it was the first game I played that had 3-D boob jiggle.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

they should make soul caliber 6 be an action platformer in the vein of mortal kombat mythologies: sub zero and not bother with multiplayer since that will take up too much development time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

they should make soul caliber 6 be an action platformer in the vein of mortal kombat mythologies: sub zero and not bother with multiplayer since that will take up too much development time

soul caliber 6 outsourced to rare