Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

agreed thats why its weird that your immediate conclusion is these are kkk squats when theres official gw models with big pointed hoods like that

are they super racists dwarfs made by a super racist rear end in a top hat? possible, but not guaranteed

I think you're being extremely optimistic that those original gw sculpts weren't vaguely based off the kkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
theres enough obvious poo poo out there, like this rear end in a top hat who probably masturbates to mein kampf in his bedroom hiding behind the lie of just liking propaganda poster aesthetic and hes totally not a nazi he swears guys! to get riled up over 1 pic of dwarfs with hoods

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booley posted:

I think you're being extremely optimistic that those original gw sculpts weren't vaguely based off the kkk

actually theyre probably based off of these guys

guess who they are

hint they arent kkk :ssh:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Don't make me emptyquote again

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

theres enough obvious poo poo out there, like this rear end in a top hat who probably masturbates to mein kampf in his bedroom hiding behind the lie of just liking propaganda poster aesthetic and hes totally not a nazi he swears guys! to get riled up over 1 pic of dwarfs with hoods

That went from 'Cool feudal world fantasy empire inspired armored company' to 'ABORT ABORT NAZI ALERT ABORT' really fast.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its unfortunate that the dude is an amazing artist, his website has some insanely cool poo poo on it

it does seem that he has distanced himself from that weird obvious nazi poo poo since i couldnt find anything that glaring after a bit of poking around tho

ps you can emptyquote all you like homie, i dont loving care ;)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Man I want to play Warhams and there's a laundry list of things keeping that from happening but I don't know if it's the cost or the average player making it not happen more.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the last time i went into a hobby shop was a few weeks ago, i just poked around then bought a pot of paint. the guy at the register, and presumably the owner by the way he was talking, smelled like literal poo poo. like he was standing there with a hot steamy load in his pants. it seriously dampened my desire to go back

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The average Ham isn't all that terrible for all we joke, but like every nerd circle the loudest, most repulsive and obnoxious wankers always barge their way to the front.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Wasn't there a list of things GW stores weren't allowed to let their customers do - and one of them was to play Redemptionists that were painted entirely white.

You can say they're Spanish Catholics or whatever all you like, that poo poo just doesn't fly.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

actually theyre probably based off of these guys

guess who they are

hint they arent kkk :ssh:

Lol

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I had Redemptionists back in the day, bought when I was a teenager. Painted bright purple as I recall. I had at least 3 Necromunda gangs and would have bought them all if I could.

Its a faction I'm not sure how I feel about today. I think they do fit the wasteland mad men aesthetic of the game world really well, and I think they were GW's later days of making 'parody' minis of far right real world groups and figures. Today though, would people just assume that you are pro-KKK for bringing them?

If GW were to revive them for new Necromunda, would they ditch the hoods?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

I am so gutted to see that. I've seen loads of pictures of that dude's commission work, he's a spectacular painter and modeller. What a shame.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The "i'm not touching you I'm not touching you" style of argument when it comes to them being nazis or not is really great. Love it.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

When though can I have a banner of a guy holding a banner of a guy holding a banner?

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

Ugleb posted:

If GW were to revive them for new Necromunda, would they ditch the hoods?

I'm pretty sure they would ditch the hoods. The similarly cringworthy Ratskins (half-arsed Native American stereotypes used as scouts) are out, replaced by someone simply called a Dome Runner.

Incidentally, as the current owner of your purple Redemption, I think they look great!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone give me links to the current awesome model thread? And maybe other assorted threads related to this poo poo that I should be following?
I play pretty much any table top, and also love modelling.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Galaspar posted:

I'm pretty sure they would ditch the hoods. The similarly cringworthy Ratskins (half-arsed Native American stereotypes used as scouts) are out, replaced by someone simply called a Dome Runner.

Incidentally, as the current owner of your purple Redemption, I think they look great!

Necromunda had more of the wild west in it than I realised at the time.

I was trying to remember who I passed the Redemptionists onto! It was them and the Orlocks I sent you wasn't it? With a hired gun?

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
That's right! Recently finished repainting the Orlocks to match the paint job I did on their chunky new brothers. Probably won't repaint the Redemptionists though, the purple scheme is neat and not too thick, so when I get round to to them I'll just continue the scheme with some more layers etc. Best Secret Santa I ever got!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Not really. These are parody, whereas the scantily clad female minis are done in earnest by creepers. You'd be amazed at how many men dont understand that boob-fitted armour is really really bad design.

They aren't really a parody, they're a homage to the Pillar Men of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Galaspar posted:

That's right! Recently finished repainting the Orlocks to match the paint job I did on their chunky new brothers. Probably won't repaint the Redemptionists though, the purple scheme is neat and not too thick, so when I get round to to them I'll just continue the scheme with some more layers etc. Best Secret Santa I ever got!

I need to get around to flogging the stuff I've got in the garage now necromunda is a thing again.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Galaspar posted:

I'd love to see your 'restoration' job when its done, it never really occurred to me you might go that route!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

bulletsponge13 posted:

Can anyone give me links to the current awesome model thread? And maybe other assorted threads related to this poo poo that I should be following?
I play pretty much any table top, and also love modelling.

Is there a thread in pyf or did that die?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
It's probably time to remake this one, anyway. This is supposed to be the gawk at models thread in general, not just the lovely stuff, and inevitably some rake keeps dropping "wrong thread" whenever something cool is posted.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

grassy gnoll posted:

It's probably time to remake this one, anyway. This is supposed to be the gawk at models thread in general, not just the lovely stuff, and inevitably some rake keeps dropping "wrong thread" whenever something cool is posted.

Wrong thread.

:smuggo:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Maybe it should be Bad/Good-bad/It's Kinda Awesome: A Model Thread.

But if you just wanna look at cool models that will never see a game table just go trawl CMON.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
It should definitely be both. There's a place for Crystal Brush winners alongside hollismason's Hall of Horrors.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Just get a mod to change the title from "best of the worst" to "best and the worst"

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Re: Redemptionists, the main thing to remember is that the original sculpts for them didn't actually have KKK style hoods for the most part. A few of them did (The 'Deacons' iirc), but mainly they had more regular 'monk' style hoods with grotesque masks covering their faces.

They got rather more KKK when they got resculpted later though, though tbh most of the resculpted gangs were pretty bad and lost a lot of the original 'charm' in order to be more customisable (separate weapons and heads etc.)

Improbable Lobster posted:

They aren't really a parody, they're a homage to the Pillar Men of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Homages can be parodies too, and vice versa. They are a parody of the original Custodes model from RT by way of sticking modern Custodes heads on Pillar Men bodies.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Huh. I never saw most of the resculpts, I just remembered the original gang leader was pretty pointy up top. I felt that went far enough, no need to double down on it!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Zark the Damned posted:

Re: Redemptionists, the main thing to remember is that the original sculpts for them didn't actually have KKK style hoods for the most part. A few of them did (The 'Deacons' iirc), but mainly they had more regular 'monk' style hoods with grotesque masks covering their faces.

They got rather more KKK when they got resculpted later though, though tbh most of the resculpted gangs were pretty bad and lost a lot of the original 'charm' in order to be more customisable (separate weapons and heads etc.)

Homages can be parodies too, and vice versa. They are a parody of the original Custodes model from RT by way of sticking modern Custodes heads on Pillar Men bodies.

FWIW, I always assumed the deacons (or whoever with the pointy hats) in the original sculpts were something of a nod to Torquemada from 2000ADs Nemesis the Warlock. Games workshop werent THAT many years removed from producing a judge dredd game so it wasnt that much of a stretch for me at the time. Of course, it could be that I just assumed that because when Necromunda was originally released I was still reading 2000AD.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

2000AD was a pretty hefty influence on GW in the 90's. Just look at the Arbites or whatever their name was. New Necromunda should have those btw.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Feels like a sad sad man made that.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

its like i'm wearing nothing at all!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I’m the thermal exhaust port

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
posting deviantart stuff now? have the floodgates been opened?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
excuse me that's from artstation.com and storm troopers are officially mainstream tabletop gaming minis now

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I'm the Guardsman giving the scrunt side eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SRM posted:

I'm the Guardsman giving the scrunt side eye

He best not diss Scruntmarine Chapter Chaplain Merle Highchurch.