Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rhyno posted:

Could he? He didn't make the first one and after it was complete he destroyed the maker's hands.
Wasn't there another Gauntlet at the forge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Wasn't there another Gauntlet at the forge?

That didn't appear to be a functional glove. It looked solid and was clearly not the same material.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i thought that was the mold dinklage used to make the gauntlet

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The thing at the Forge was part of the mould that the metal was poured into

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lobok posted:

Based on what looked like damage to the Gauntlet at the end, it's not clear that Thanos could wish for absolutely anything or be able to make multiple changes to the whole universe. Like Earth Dragonballs. The Stones themselves may theoretically be able to do anything but with an imperfect Gauntlet (or other method) or a lowly being controlling them you might be limited in what you can do.

The fate of the Red Skull hints that the stones themselves are intelligent to some degree. Maybe they were going "We'll do exactly as you said, buddy" intentionally without doing what he actually meant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

i thought that was the mold dinklage used to make the gauntlet

Maybe part of it. I still don't think he can easily make a new gauntlet.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean thanos is probably strong enough on his own that he could use the reality stone to fix the gauntlet but i dont see that actually happening in iw2

Rhyno posted:

Maybe part of it. I still don't think he can easily make a new gauntlet.

sorry that was directed at flamingliberal

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Maybe spoilers/tea leaves?

RDJ hasn't really done any non-MCU movies since Avengers (he's only done one non-MCU movie and a cameo in Jon Favreau's Chef), but he just announced that he's going to be in 4 different movies up through 2020. Including WB's Sherlock Holmes 3 in 2020.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Could he? He didn't make the first one and after it was complete he destroyed the maker's hands.

He has a magic gem that can make anything reality. He has a magic gem that can control time. If he can't figure out how to use one or both of those to make a new Gauntlet or fix the one he has, he deserves to get his rear end kicked. He "fixed" Vision without even the full power of the Gauntlet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

RDJ hasn't really done any non-MCU movies since Avengers (he's only done one non-MCU movie and a cameo in Jon Favreau's Chef), but he just announced that he's going to be in 4 different movies up through 2020. Including WB's Sherlock Holmes 3 in 2020.

He might be done or he might be Tony in a diminished capacity.

Endless Mike posted:

He has a magic gem that can make anything reality. He has a magic gem that can control time. If he can't figure out how to use one or both of those to make a new Gauntlet or fix the one he has, he deserves to get his rear end kicked. He "fixed" Vision without even the full power of the Gauntlet.

We don't know if Thanos is able to channel the power of the stones properly without the Gauntlet.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

IF he comes back after Avengers 4, it will probably be a role like in Spider-Man: Homecoming, where he is in the movie but it's only slightly above a cameo.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I wouldn't be surprised if all Phase 1 mains exit the franchise completely or only make very minimal appearances, aside from, maybe, Hemsworth, who found a new light.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

He might be done or he might be Tony in a diminished capacity.

We don't know if Thanos is able to channel the power of the stones properly without the Gauntlet.

I don’t think a stone has ever been properly used without some kind of safety device, right? Ronan’s hammer, Tesserect, Loki’s staff, the Eye Of Agammato... was there anything for the Reality gem?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
black panther 2 looking dire

https://twitter.com/cheryllynneaton/status/993640923048370176

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I don’t think a stone has ever been properly used without some kind of safety device, right? Ronan’s hammer, Tesserect, Loki’s staff, the Eye Of Agammato... was there anything for the Reality gem?

quill and the guardians used the power stone bare handed

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Samuringa posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if all Phase 1 mains exit the franchise completely or only make very minimal appearances, aside from, maybe, Hemsworth, who found a new light.
Pretty likely....I guess Evans has already said he's done. I could see ScarJo being done unless they decide to do that long-rumored Black Widow movie.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Reality had a weird anti-gravity containment thing that Odin made. It was killing Jane as soon as she touched it and Malekith absorbed it in order to release it during the convergence, so I don't think he was intending to hold it long-term.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 8, 2018

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

site posted:

They explicitly mention that he can't hold it for very long and that the only reason they could was because Quill is half Celestial.

Ronan holds it in his hand for about 2 seconds and they shocked that it didn't instantly melt him, like the Collector's pink lady.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

site posted:

I feel like "were nearly killed by" isn't really a valid definition of "used". Also remember that at the time Quill was connected to Ego and able to channel those planet-god powers, but that's over now

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

catlord posted:

But hey, maybe we'll get to see Beta Ray Bill?

Like, here's the things I know about Beta Ray Bill. He's the wielder of Stormbreaker (movie Thor did it), he was on a ship with his entire people when he was nearly killed while failing to defend it (movie Thor did it), and in that World War Hulk cartoon he subbed in for Silver Surfer for the cameo hulk fight on Sakaar because of rights issues (movie Thor did it). Seems like we already have Beta Ray Bill to me. It's just Hemsworth with a digitally inserted horse mask.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

^^Yeah, at the end of Ragnarok it pretty much dashed my hopes of seeing Bill.

Endless Mike posted:

He could just....make another Gauntlet

Wishing for more wishes doesn't necessarily mean that you can wish for anything, though. The relatively simple wish of "kill a whole lotta people" damaging the Gauntlet maybe means that a wish to fundamentally reshape the underlying physics of all existence (infinite resources) is too much for the Gauntlet or Thanos to handle even as a first wish. If Mjolnir can be blown up by Hela then we shouldn't expect the Gauntlet to be invincible (unless you first wish to turn it invincible?).

Lobok fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 8, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

theironjef posted:

Like, here's the things I know about Beta Ray Bill. He's the wielder of Stormbreaker (movie Thor did it), he was on a ship with his entire people when he was nearly killed while failing to defend it (movie Thor did it), and in that World War Hulk cartoon he subbed in for Silver Surfer for the cameo hulk fight on Sakaar because of rights issues (movie Thor did it). Seems like we already have Beta Ray Bill to me. It's just Hemsworth with a digitally inserted horse mask.

Digital insert nuthin, just slap one of those Amazon Horse masks on him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

They explicitly mention that he can't hold it for very long and that the only reason they could was because Quill is half Celestial.

Ronan holds it in his hand for about 2 seconds and they shocked that it didn't instantly melt him, like the Collector's pink lady.

Plastik posted:

I feel like "were nearly killed by" isn't really a valid definition of "used". Also remember that at the time Quill was connected to Ego and able to channel those planet-god powers, but that's over now

look the question was if a stone had ever been used without a harness and quill channeled the energy of the power stone while it was in his hand to kill ronan what do you guys want from me here

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

site posted:

look the question was if a stone had ever been used without a harness and quill channeled the energy of the power stone while it was in his hand to kill ronan what do you guys want from me here

I think Malekith using the Aether/Reality Stone for about 10 minutes before he exploded is the only instance of someone technically using a stone without some kind of outside help/device.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

People think Tony, Steve, or both will bite it in the ultimate sacrifice to save the universe, but I disagree.

Steve will officiate Tony's wedding to Pepper, best man Rhodey. Starlord will DJ. Widow will catch the bouquet.

They're gonna go full fairy tale happy ending on this one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My "We had a date" ending for Steve is still better than anything I have heard suggested.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i thought Beta Ray Bill was in Ragnarok?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Comcast is attempting to get funding to surpass Disney's offer for the Fox properties, but Fox had previously rejected a takeover bid before...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/07/comcast-reportedly-seeks-to-buy-fox-potentially-displace-disney-deal

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Comcast is attempting to get funding to surpass Disney's offer for the Fox properties, but Fox had previously rejected a takeover bid before...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/07/comcast-reportedly-seeks-to-buy-fox-potentially-displace-disney-deal

Disney still gets the rights back, this just delays it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rhyno posted:

My "We had a date" ending for Steve is still better than anything I have heard suggested.

The Russos really like to pull from Cap 1 ("I could do this all day," Peggy in Civil War, Bullies quote, Winter Soldier, etc) even though they didn't work on it. Maybe you'll get your wish.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Time traveling back to First Avenger for the climax would be a pretty buck wild way to bring things to a close.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Russos really like to pull from Cap 1 ("I could do this all day," Peggy in Civil War, Bullies quote, Winter Soldier, etc) even though they didn't work on it. Maybe you'll get your wish.

There's really no reason to kill him off when there's a bunch of jewelry that grants any wish you have.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

site posted:

black panther 2 looking dire

https://twitter.com/cheryllynneaton/status/993640923048370176

Those golden shoes, my god.:o:

Also there was another Deadpool video, a behind the scenes from the Celine Dion video:

https://twitter.com/deadpoolmovie/status/993475701759193089

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

FlamingLiberal posted:

Just note that article implies heavily that Fox's Marvel characters would be transferred to Comcast if they were bought out but at least for the X-Men that's not true, it's been stated repeatedly that the rights are non-transferable and will revert to Marvel in the event of a sale no matter the buyer.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Having Cap effectively just retire is really dishonest.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm thinking Hulk reverses the Snappening because his hand fits and it neatly gets around the issue of why one of the good guys wouldn't also wish for a whole bunch of other things while they're at it. Hulk obviously has a story arc here so he needs some kind of moment in 4 and it would fit the character if he just brings people back but then gets rid of or destroys the Gauntlet/Stones because they've been too bothersome.

Hell, if everyone who was wished to death is in the Soul Stone maybe everyone will come back not through a wish but by escaping or some other method.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dan Didio posted:

What if he lost his prowres

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dan Didio posted:

He'd be MIA and assumed dead. But he'd use the Gauntlet to go back in time to be with Peggy again and somehow preserve the existing timeline. Why does he have to die? He comes back to life in the comics every time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WHOOPS posted:

i thought Beta Ray Bill was in Ragnarok?

Kinda sorta. There was a carving of his head on the big tower.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

People think Tony, Steve, or both will bite it in the ultimate sacrifice to save the universe, but I disagree.

Steve will officiate Tony's wedding to Pepper, best man Rhodey. Starlord will DJ. Widow will catch the bouquet.

They're gonna go full fairy tale happy ending on this one.

Happier! Wedding officiant is Vision! Little kid Gamora skips down the aisle throwing flowers around but by the time she reaches the altar she's Zoe Saldana again. During the applause while the bride and groom kiss the camera pans back to the loft seating, empty... or is it, as ghosts of Loki and Heimdall smile and nod before vanishing again. Black Widow is shifting around in her seat, uncomfortable. She reaches down to figure out why and there's a note! It says "You're fertile again. You're welcome. Love, Santa"

Nat says "Bruce, did you put this here? Because I sure didn't." The camera again pans up, through the roof and outside the church. From nowhere, we hear "HO HO HO" and the sound of twinkling bells. Credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
as much as id like to see cap get his date, him getting sent to the past to live out his days creates a huge time paradox in the future/present

• Locked thread