Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Yup, dark enlightenment and basilisk poo poo is about to go mainstream at lightspeed. Millions of people are googling this crap as we speak, and at least a few thousand will become converts for life. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

divabot posted:

Elon Musk low-key believes in Roko's basilisk.

Grimes (musician) recorded a song about Roko's basilisk.

So they're dating now, and they hooked up over Roko's basilisk.

Elizabeth Sandifer: I quit. Reality has topped me irreparably.
me: lucky you, you get to quit

edit: loving musk

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/993572598381514753

I think Grimes is pretty weird?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

chitoryu12 posted:

I think Grimes is pretty weird?

I just didn’t think she was an idiot.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Grimes is cool and if she's actually dating Elon Musk I hope she gets a few million out of him before she bounces

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Bunni-kat posted:

I just didn’t think she was an idiot.
Dude is a self-defeating billionaire, lotta smart plays are now open.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

Elon was researching the idea of joking about Rococo Basilisk, and when he saw Grimes had already joked about it, he reached out to her,” says the insider. “Grimes said this was the first time in three years that anyone understood the joke. They were both poking fun at AI.”
It could hace been, it should have been me :cry:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Kit Walker posted:

Grimes is cool and if she's actually dating Elon Musk I hope she gets a few million out of him before she bounces

You mean before he uses her as a baby factory then divorces her immediately after he was done exploiting her body like he did his first wife right

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

ate all the Oreos posted:

You mean before he uses her as a baby factory then divorces her immediately after he was done exploiting her body like he did his first wife right

He's going to send her on a two week vacation right before divorcing her, so he can interview replacement wives.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/maeve_mcdermott/status/993643404671234048

What a great couple

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

Flutch has a new favorite as of 03:16 on May 8, 2018

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Those pants just look annoying, like they'd catch on loving everything I bet

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

quote:

Elon was researching the idea of joking

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

She got ears.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/the_gwalla/status/993700700805722112

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mods please rename me riki-oh's basilisk

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Rikki tiki tavi's basilisk, which is just a loving Snake he kills

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Samovar posted:

She got ears.

Knowing Grimes, there's like a 50% chance those are extremely high quality fake ears that she bought specifically to wear with that dress.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Riki's Basilisk looks like an annoying child mascot but is actually a grown man with a family.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

mysterious frankie posted:

Knowing Grimes, there's like a 50% chance those are extremely high quality fake ears that she bought specifically to wear with that dress.

Maybe, but from a quick GIS, I think those are her own all-natural jug handles.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

darthbob88 posted:

Maybe, but from a quick GIS, I think those are her own all-natural jug handles.

Well g'bless her and the ears she flew in with then.
---
I think the thing that most disturbed me, vis-a-vis Grimes and Musk, is that all the pictures of them looks like a lady going out in public with her dad. 16 year age difference is a bit much, but I'm not even talking about that; he looks like a doofy dad taking his goth daughter to a wedding and this is the last time they'll have a daddy daughter dance before she leaves for England to start her Masters program.

EDIT: I mean at least go all out trying to conceal your age with "hep" clothes and makeup, end up looking like a pretty fun at barbecues middle aged suburban lesbian in the process, Musk. It's the least you could do.

EDIT: But also consider that he would have been old enough at the time to legally drive his girlfriend's mom to the hospital so that his girlfriend's mom could give birth to his girlfriend in a hygienic environment. All being like "Don't get your girl gak on the tuck and roll, lady! MY dad will kill me!"

All leaning in close at the maternity ward to the baby, all being like "One day I'm going to take you to third tier award ceremonies in my nerdmobile," *eyes dart left and right, whispers* "M'lady."

EDIT: turned "girl gook" to "girl gak" because boy howdy that could be misinterpreted.

mysterious frankie has a new favorite as of 18:14 on May 8, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So Bari Weiss did her usual thing of profiling the right and claiming they're being censored and shut out but this time she focused on our friends on the 'intellectual dark web' because apparently constant unfiltered speaking gigs, shows, and paid events is actually censorship if they involve someone saying 'you guys suck'.

It's not all smiles and sunshine, though!

Poor Gad didn't make the list! I guess you can say Gad...Sad?

https://twitter.com/AubreyHolloman/status/993926957803896836

Also the article itself isn't worth posting, it's the generic 'these guys SAY they're being oppressed, so aren't they?' that Weiss always shits out when it's about well off white people, but it involved maybe the best photo shoot possible for these nerds

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/993959953504395265

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I stopped liking Grimes after she went after SOPHIE in the most cis way possible so looks like I was ahead of the curve. :smug:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TinTower posted:

I stopped liking Grimes after she went after SOPHIE in the most cis way possible so looks like I was ahead of the curve. :smug:

who is Sophie.

*googles*

Grimes is a TERF? lol.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

So Bari Weiss did her usual thing of profiling the right and claiming they're being censored and shut out but this time she focused on our friends on the 'intellectual dark web' because apparently constant unfiltered speaking gigs, shows, and paid events is actually censorship if they involve someone saying 'you guys suck'.

It's not all smiles and sunshine, though!

Poor Gad didn't make the list! I guess you can say Gad...Sad?

https://twitter.com/AubreyHolloman/status/993926957803896836

Also the article itself isn't worth posting, it's the generic 'these guys SAY they're being oppressed, so aren't they?' that Weiss always shits out when it's about well off white people, but it involved maybe the best photo shoot possible for these nerds

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/993959953504395265

I just read this opinion piece.The words "Dave Rubin" and "renegade" don't belong in the same article. I can't even comprehend the level of delusion necessary to think that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NikkolasKing posted:

I just read this opinion piece.The words "Dave Rubin" and "renegade" don't belong in the same article. I can't even comprehend the level of delusion necessary to think that.

it helps to remember that Bari literally got her start in college demanding Arab professors be fired for saying things that weren't super pro-Israel, so she's very aware of what silencing someone actually is, but for SOME reason only cares about it when done to dumpy white guys who think they're being persecuted.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

NikkolasKing posted:

Also "Joe Rogan" and "intellectual" lmao

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

TinTower posted:

(googles) ew. Oh well.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Cool counter-article from the Baffler, You Are Not a Rebel. Worth reading if only for some of the turns of phrase, like "This was gig-economy bigotry from the beginning, every bedroom hatemonger his own self-facilitating media node."

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

darthbob88 posted:

Cool counter-article from the Baffler, You Are Not a Rebel. Worth reading if only for some of the turns of phrase, like "This was gig-economy bigotry from the beginning, every bedroom hatemonger his own self-facilitating media node."

drat that's hella apt.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Nothing peculiar here about this immediate motivated reasoning by throngs of people to try to find reasons why this woman is now unacceptable. Totally normal don't worry about it.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

darthbob88 posted:

That was a pretty entertaining read.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Bolek posted:

Nothing peculiar here about this immediate motivated reasoning by throngs of people to try to find reasons why this woman is now unacceptable. Totally normal don't worry about it.

okay dear

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Try harder

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Henry Farrell at Vox sets out in small words why Duh Interleckshual Dank Web are so pissy these days.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Bolek posted:

You can still like Grimes even if some likeminded people have some beef with a thing she said. It's probably not a conspiracy.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

That's the miracle of the human mind!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Bolek posted:

The simplistic account is that eighty percent of women are having sex, and twenty percent of men are having sex – a hell of a lot of sex.

It kind of feels as if it is true, it is emotionally true, but it is not literally true. The number of men and women getting sex is not hugely different. More woman are having sex than men, and substantially more women are having regular sex with a regular partner than men are having regular sex with a regular partner (reflecting substantial levels of polygyny), but not hugely more, the numbers are not all that different.

What, however, makes the simplistic account feel true, is that ninety percent of men never get to pop a virgin. Every man, except for a rather small handful of men, are getting sloppy seconds. There is not a huge asymmetry as to how many men are getting sex compared to how many women, not a huge asymmetry as to how many men are in a sexual relationship as compared with the number of women in a sexual relationship. Rather the problem is that we don’t see virgins entering relationships with other virgins, and then having sex with each other. This is the huge inequality between men and women, and between the vast majority of ordinary males, and the small minority of males that females notice – the problem is that almost every women gets popped by a high status alpha male, while very few men get to pop a hot virgin.

Truly it is a mystery why a trans woman would stop liking someone for calling another trans woman a hosed up male pretending to be a girl. It must be a conspiracy by the regressive left. Vote Bob Marshall to keep our women safe.

Eventually the hot chick slides down the desirability ladder, and reluctantly deigns to enter a relationship with some male who is sufficiently lowly and unattractive that he is interested in having a relationship with her. And most sex, most of the time, takes place between men and women that are not as grossly mismatched as women wish that they were, with the result that most sex, most of the time, is not all that unequally distributed. Most sex, most of the time, is between men and women not too far apart in the desirability ladder, with the result that the numbers are not all that unequal. But by that time, by the time she has reluctantly decided to settle for someone like you, her count has become considerable.

If you have ever had sex with a virgin, you will be in no doubt about it. If you think she is a virgin because she told you so, she lied.

The number of female involuntary celibates is roughly similar to the number of male involuntary celibates. But the female involuntary celibate is celibate because she is an alpha widow. She is celibate because she once got a booty call from Jeremy Meeks, and now rejects all lesser males in the hope that one day she will get a second booty call from Jeremy Meeks. The male involuntary celibate is likely a virgin, and if he ever had sex, he got the dregs, while the female involuntary celibate got the cream.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol, incels are part of the DE too, aren't they?

In fact they're kinda the platonic ideal in that they define their supreme expertise in something by how little experience they have with it.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Incels as a whole are too narcissistic to be part of the DE. The black pill isn't about improving society or oneself, it's about freeing oneself from the illusion that change for the better is even possible. The movements might find themselves temporarily aligned in their desires to change the system, but the end states of the two are very different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Relevant Tangent posted:

Incels as a whole are too narcissistic to be part of the DE. The black pill isn't about improving society or oneself, it's about freeing oneself from the illusion that change for the better is even possible. The movements might find themselves temporarily aligned in their desires to change the system, but the end states of the two are very different.

Source your quotes