Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatface posted:

Yes. If you accept it as canon.

Since when is it not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
In your heart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it fits in just fine when you remember that Daken sliced him into literal pieces which were then stolen, sewed back together and reanimated with a magic crystal.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Senior Woodchuck posted:

A boring time-travel arc that broke up Victor and Nico (still mad about that) and introduced a new teammate no one cared about.

Molly sums it up well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That's mid 90's, the 90's lasted until late 2001.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

goatface posted:

Yes. If you accept it as canon.

Everything is canon. Especially the parts that contradict the other parts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

That's mid 90's, the 90's lasted until late 2001.

Even longer in Canada!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

I think it fits in just fine when you remember that Daken sliced him into literal pieces which were then stolen, sewed back together and reanimated with a magic crystal.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
From this point onward I'll just assume that the Punisher is not canon and he actually died when Molly punched him. It sounds more sane than anything else and I was never a fan of that guy anyway.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Do I want to ask what the deal with Red Leader is?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not featured in today's Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Making it the most intelligent NSM yet.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
nsm always makes me feel like im stroking out our something

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Ah, shirtless Banner, good to see you managed to somehow make it onto this speeding boat, and decided to stand right where the Hulk was before he apparently teleported away!"

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Tomorrow's Daily Bugle: WEBBED MENACE CHEATS ON WIFE WITH RUSSIAN SPY!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Spider-муж!? Our own J J Jameson tells all about how he escaped assassination in the Everglades and learned the webbed menace was in league with russian agents. Serialisation starts today and continues all week.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Piell posted:

"Ah, shirtless Banner, good to see you managed to somehow make it onto this speeding boat, and decided to stand right where the Hulk was before he apparently teleported away!"

In Newspaper World everyone knows that Bruce Banner is the Hulk, it came up in last week's strips.

This is the only comic I read now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Then you hosed up because Nancy is now completely baller.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As a fellow hay fever sufferer, I support Nancy's strong but fair policy.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

cant cook creole bream posted:

From this point onward I'll just assume that the Punisher is not canon and he actually died when Molly punched him. It sounds more sane than anything else and I was never a fan of that guy anyway.

Wasn't there an arc where the Punisher turned black for some reason? If we're talking about goofy Punisher stories, I humbly submit that one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

As a fellow hay fever sufferer, I support Nancy's strong but fair policy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Doc Hawkins posted:

This is the only comic I read now.

Kinda hard to want to read anything else when the best is already available for free every day.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo, that's really funny.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

davidspackage posted:

I think it might have come up a few pages back but yeah Nancy is the latest unambiguously great comic strip. Start reading here and just keep going back until the you hit the previous artist's run (and ignore Sunday strips).

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dude, you're supposed to light the incense to cover up that smell, not the other way around.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Dude, you're supposed to light the incense to cover up that smell, not the other way around.

Jamaican “incense”

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Doom Mathematic posted:

I think it might have come up a few pages back but yeah Nancy is the latest unambiguously great comic strip. Start reading here and just keep going back until the you hit the previous artist's run (and ignore Sunday strips).

The best part is reading each day's featured comment--jesus christ:

"It’s interesting what a radical departure they’ve gone for, both graphically and tonally.

Visually, Jaimes’ NANCY seems to be a somewhat looser version of Bushmiller’s world, and in terms of the writing, we’re back to the short, minimalist dialogue that Gilchrist originally replicated before developing the comic into a surprisingly personal vehicle for his own observations and interests.

Whether you were a fan of Gilchrists’ take or not, to go from a sentimental, visually lush continuity to a series of dry, waspish gags drawn in a minimalist aesthetic is quite a jolt. Because Gilchrist had fleshed out the characters with backstories colored by an overarching sweetness, this is a much more aggressive reset than Mark Lasky to Jerry Scott, or even from Scott to early Gilchrist. It’ll be interesting to see how many readers who came to love Gilchrist’s NANCY will remain on board for this new incarnation."

I own several volumes of classic Nancy and even I find it insufferable to have this much to say about Nancy.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

It's always kind of funny to me to keep track of which commenters are saying the older Nancy was better because of "sweetness" and the like, and then check their other comments and see them screeching about feminists and political correctness and specifically how old Fritzi was "ten times as beautiful inside as she was outside" (why does that line in particular keep popping up?). Sweetness apparently means condescending and nostalgia baiting.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Kurui Reiten posted:

It's always kind of funny to me to keep track of which commenters are saying the older Nancy was better because of "sweetness" and the like, and then check their other comments and see them screeching about feminists and political correctness and specifically how old Fritzi was "ten times as beautiful inside as she was outside" (why does that line in particular keep popping up?). Sweetness apparently means condescending and nostalgia baiting.

I mean, consider the likely age demographic of people who read Nancy religiously.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gilchrist's Nancy was the southern cuisine of comics. If it weren't saturated in sweetened condensed milk then it was battered and fried to an unrecognisable form. Tits in a t-shirt and spoonfuls of good ol' comfort nostalgia of the Reagan golden age of America.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kurui Reiten posted:

Off-chance they could be the previous author?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

A Strange Aeon posted:

The best part is reading each day's featured comment--jesus christ:

"It’s interesting what a radical departure they’ve gone for, both graphically and tonally.

Visually, Jaimes’ NANCY seems to be a somewhat looser version of Bushmiller’s world, and in terms of the writing, we’re back to the short, minimalist dialogue that Gilchrist originally replicated before developing the comic into a surprisingly personal vehicle for his own observations and interests.

Whether you were a fan of Gilchrists’ take or not, to go from a sentimental, visually lush continuity to a series of dry, waspish gags drawn in a minimalist aesthetic is quite a jolt. Because Gilchrist had fleshed out the characters with backstories colored by an overarching sweetness, this is a much more aggressive reset than Mark Lasky to Jerry Scott, or even from Scott to early Gilchrist. It’ll be interesting to see how many readers who came to love Gilchrist’s NANCY will remain on board for this new incarnation."

I own several volumes of classic Nancy and even I find it insufferable to have this much to say about Nancy.

The April 28th comic must really speak to you

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

davidspackage posted:

and if you think that's good, check the comments

"The set-up was good, and the first two panels were good. Somehow, the third panel fizzled a bit. Not so much the artwork, as the awkward phrasing of the punchline. It leaves you with a “hunh?” Who is the “we,” and what is the “run” being referred to? The ten seconds? The literal run of eyes and nose? A re-do of the wording in the third panel might well improve this."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ha ha, dude's not even familiar with the concept of jokes

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Holy hell I love this strip.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

A Strange Aeon posted:

Wasn't there an arc where the Punisher turned black for some reason? If we're talking about goofy Punisher stories, I humbly submit that one.

Yeah, Frank's supposed to be dead (again) and the doctor that keeps him alive just happens to be able to do albedo swaps or something. Followed by the nuanced and subtle treatment of race that comics are known for.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"The Claw"? :crossarms:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What, does spidey remember every dumb third rate villain he runs across?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Synthbuttrange posted:

What, does spidey remember every dumb third rate villain he runs across?

Yes.