Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
:siren: There's a schism in the community :siren:

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/comments/8hqo5n/q1315_trumps_tweet_confirms_the_q_5_photo_puzzle/

The Qanon reddit is going to war against noted sane person Jerome Corsi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I assuage my frustration at the massive amounts of time/pixels/brainpower going into QAnon by reminding myself that it's not like those same resources would've been put to curing cancer if Q hadn't come along.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
They'd probably be posting on dead gay comedy forums

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Lowtax has to be kicking himself the reregs every time some Q-fan poo poo up the place and got banned would buy him ten cyber-spines.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Re: The non existent basement: A classic element of literally every conspiracy theory is that anything that would refute the theory can be explained away as it being part of The Coverğup by those that run the conspiracy. So people believing in pizzagate despite there being no basement would just either blame your news source as supporting the cover-up, because there totally is a basement, or claim that there was a basement there, but it was hidden/destroyed to mask the conspiracy.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Why would they go with the latter and not just the former? Controlling the source lets you control the basic facts, which makes it easier to maintain a conspiracy.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Fulchrum posted:

Why would they go with the latter and not just the former? Controlling the source lets you control the basic facts, which makes it easier to maintain a conspiracy.

If you believe that all news sources are TOTALLY CONTROLLED by the conspiracy, then it's hopeless.

If you believe that there WAS a basement but, gosh darnit, you just weren't fast enough to get there before they destroyed it, then maybe next time in the grand cat and mouse game that is your life you'll be able to catch them unawares, by golly, and bring the whole thing down.

So it just comes down to which flavor of conspiracy nut you're dealing with.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Paladin posted:

If you believe that all news sources are TOTALLY CONTROLLED by the conspiracy, then it's hopeless.

If you believe that there WAS a basement but, gosh darnit, you just weren't fast enough to get there before they destroyed it, then maybe next time in the grand cat and mouse game that is your life you'll be able to catch them unawares, by golly, and bring the whole thing down.

So it just comes down to which flavor of conspiracy nut you're dealing with.

The whole point of this is that they HAVE a news source that's not controlled. Q can never be wrong to them, so any news source that says anything that disagrees with q is lying because they're satanists.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
"Well that's not what I heard."

Thereby creating an equivalent weight for their unsourced, heavily partisan and largely fabricated recollection and your fact-based, objective reporting.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So at which point does a conspiracy theory become a cult? I feel like when you have prophets who are getting visions from god of how to decipher Qanon nothing letter and number strings we’ve plunged into cult territory

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TBH that looks like fairly bog standard American Protestant weirdness to me.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

TBH that looks like fairly bog standard American Protestant weirdness to me.

Sure, but "bog standard American Protestant weirdness" looks pretty loving insane when you aren't used to it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So at which point does a conspiracy theory become a cult? I feel like when you have prophets who are getting visions from god of how to decipher Qanon nothing letter and number strings we’ve plunged into cult territory

it's less a cult and more the Turner diaries inspired version of ISIS.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Theris posted:

Sure, but "bog standard American Protestant weirdness" looks pretty loving insane when you aren't used to it.

I don't think even most non-evangelical Americans understand how batshit the rest of the world finds it. I certainly didn't until I started talking politics with people from other Western countries. Even Canadians look rather askance at it, and as far as your typical US citizen is concerned, Canada basically is a colder, more polite version of the US.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

MANime in the sheets posted:

I don't think even most non-evangelical Americans understand how batshit the rest of the world finds it.
Understatement of the year.

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012
Even Americans who aren't from areas with a lot of Evangelicals or don't pay attention to politics don't understand how batshit Evangelicals can be. I moved from an area where Evangelicals dominate to one dominated by Catholics and immigrants from non-Christian countries. They find stories about back home insane.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It's weird, but we have records of this exact same phenomenon happening. In the McMartin Preschool trial - the thing that kicked off the Satanic Panic of the 80's - a big deal was made out of the supposedly-secret tunnels that went underneath the preschool, where they alleged that the teachers were killing/dismembering/raping students secretly. Of course, no tunnels were found - they found what appeared to be an old hollowed-out trash pit, but nothing resembling a tunnel. But, the conspiracy required there to be tunnels, so the kids could be whisked away to remote locations for abuse, including the homes of famous celebrities and politicians. So, to this very day, you have people saying that, no, the tunnels are REAL, and anyone who says otherwise was in on the cover-up!

If you see read the transcript of the interview with the first kid who brings up tunnels, it's really obvious he's talking about a Mario game (they were being "flushed" down pipes into a dungeon).

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The walnut sauce thing reminds me of those SVU memes

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Deathy McDeath posted:

I got owned by the username char limit, I couldn't get the entirety of it because of two letters

"dead" or "gay" alone doesn't make it quite work unfortunately :smith:

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

dead comedy forums posted:

I got owned by the username char limit, I couldn't get the entirety of it because of two letters

"dead" or "gay" alone doesn't make it quite work unfortunately :smith:

Does "dead/gay comedy forum" work?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
https://twitter.com/cjane87/status/994588120741015552
Well I guess I'm gonna subscribe to Will Sommer's newsletter after all.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So in the response to the tweet someone posted this:

https://twitter.com/sallutephilipe/status/994677035804053505

What's this clip from? If you look at the Soundcloud there's another clip, about 30 minutes long, where 4 qtards talk about the logistics of hanging leftists.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I was reading some Qtip piece where they were describing the community, and explained how Q leaves "crumbs" of clues and so his followers are called "bakers" because they put all the clues together to get a result.

TIL that apparently Qtards don't know how bread is made.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
So by this thread and skimming Great Awakening, I take it that the Qtards are starting to turn on Infowars now?

As much as I look forward to the Qtips being repeatedly proved wrong, that won't be so viscerally satisfying since most of them will just silently slink away from the wreckage. The *real* entertainment will be the compaction cycles where the current-Q enthusiasts battle against the "Q was compromised after #4398" enthusiasts, and they all just start issuing fatwas of kufr against each other.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Mantis42 posted:

What's this clip from? If you look at the Soundcloud there's another clip, about 30 minutes long, where 4 qtards talk about the logistics of hanging leftists.

The CBTS_Stream sub was named after an actual 24/7 stream they keep running on youtube. There are actually multiple now, so I'm not sure which one this'd be.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
This one post offers, in my opinion, the best insight into the parasitic brain worms that infest the heads of Qanon posters

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/comments/8inxwr/did_we_ever_get_to_the_bottom_of_the_now_infamous/

covfefe

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

[–]KneadedtherapyThink Mirror. - Q 24 points 8 hours ago

Dianne Marshall, an amateur historian, bible scholar, and author went digging and found that it is actually an Antediluvian term. It means, “In the end we win.” According to Marshall, it was commonly used by the sons of Adam as they fought against the evil and fallen men.

You've gotta be loving kidding me. :what:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Uh oh looks like there has been some dissidents amount the Q ranks. So like all groups seeking truth and what is real they are starting purges of any who remotely question Trump or Q

quote:

Six months from today!

AMERICA WILL BE UNIFIED AGAIN!

Q

Each passing day it becomes more and more obvious that history is being made. The swamp is being drained and the Great Awakening is upon us.

So, in the coming days we are going to focus /r/greatawakening/ on being Pro-Q and Pro-Trump.

The subs purpose and sidebar will be updated to reflect this.

Content questioning the validity of Q will be removed or blocked.
People uncommited to Q may find it uncomfortable. Negative types will be shown the way out.
New members will get an informative message to explain this is Pro-Q sub.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
totally not a cult :lol:

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Deathy McDeath posted:

This one post offers, in my opinion, the best insight into the parasitic brain worms that infest the heads of Qanon posters

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/comments/8inxwr/did_we_ever_get_to_the_bottom_of_the_now_infamous/

covfefe

That’s a great thread. Some rando made this stuff up so obviously I’ll swallow it whole, but the cia broke into my work and made it so my computer gives me panic attacks :(

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
ah yes, the KILL ALL THAT DARE OPPOSE US phase

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Calling it now, this is a team building exercise for at least one major intelligence agency

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Q post 1339 posted:

Expand your thinking.
Why are we being attacked?
Why are we being attacked by people who claim to be PRO-POTUS?
Do we have a face?
Do we have a name?
Do we use platforms whereby we collect followers?
Selfless.
Zero vanity.
Why are we here?
Why do we ask questions?
The choice has always been yours.
Use logic.
Free information.
What draws people here?
Expanding exponentially?
They all claim to be insiders.
They all claim to have insider contacts.
They do not.
Patriots do NOT reveal classified information.
Why do we communicate this way?
Think for yourself.
Clickbait.
We are a threat to profiteering.
Information should flow freely w/o costs.
We established a series of 'proofs' for this specific reason.
Undeniable.
Unpredictable.
Coincidence after Coincidence.
Growth due to confirmations.
Real source(s) communicating w/ the people.
Unrestricted.
TOGETHER.
Control the information (THEY).
Harness followers / profiteering (THEY).
Define Media.
Primary goal of the Media?
To Sell (each selling a dif narrative - set of targets).
Selling makes money.
Be careful who you follow.
Define 'Patriot'.
They want you DIVIDED.
Attacks will only get worse.
Q

We're being attacked by friends. Those friends are selling out to the man. We're good people. We're doing this for you. We've given you reason to trust us. They want do drive us apart. Do not trust Them. It's going to get worse before it gets better, but you can trust us.

signed,
TOTALLY NOT A CULT, GUYS

e: so that post was earlier today, and the next one a link to this whopper of a reddit thread with insider history. It's a ride.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 12, 2018

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

these people are mentally ill

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/995035675723526144

oh dear

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So is that just supposed to be Jones in lovely makeup, or is it supposed to be someone else?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Well this is going to cause quite the schism. If Qtards is the term for true believers, what will we call the true believers that trust Alex Jones and think it's 'compromised'?

I think it's entirely plausible that Jones has been Q all along

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I think it's entirely plausible that Jones has been Q all along
Probably or he is trying to stole his thunder for his own crazy church.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Well this is going to cause quite the schism. If Qtards is the term for true believers, what will we call the true believers that trust Alex Jones and think it's 'compromised'?

"Dumbfucks"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gum posted:

these people are mentally ill

That's what happens when you force yourself to think Trump is not actually a terrible orange baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Toplowtech posted:

Probably or he is trying to stole his thunder for his own crazy church.

You can't really maintain control of your audience if they're listening to QAnon first.