Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i cant wait for nintendo to make it easier for me to screech f-bombs in a shrill, unyielding voice at all who own me in splatoon 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Your team mates own you at splatoon?

Party chat isnt an open channel

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah this and Nintendo's online service is dogshit terrible compared to PSN and Xbox Live. The fact that you have to use a phone to chat lmao. It's only saving grace is how cheap it is. If it was a 60 bucks I'd just resign myself to never playing a Nintendo game online again and trade in any online focused games I have.

I still think they should have kept it free. Paying for PSN Xbox gold sucks but Nintendo hasn't earned it at all.

It might be dogshit but it's 20% the price or whatever. If it was the same price as Live I'd understand the rage. Also cloud saves should be free but they're not on Live either (Steam 4 life)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

It might be dogshit but it's 20% the price or whatever. If it was the same price as Live I'd understand the rage. Also cloud saves should be free but they're not on Live either (Steam 4 life)

Xbox Live cloud saves are free unless there was a very recent change, I don't know about PSN.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Do not buy a death road to Canada. It's out and i bought it, and not only does the icon not have the name, but it's unplayable in handheld. The game, including the menus, is a slide show. It's pretty crazy it's launching like this when they delayed it. Hopefully there's a patch when the eShop updates.

Edit: apparently it's a known bug and restarting your switch will fix it.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 8, 2018

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Do not buy a death road to Canada. It's out and i bought it, and not only does the icon not have the name, but it's unplayable in handheld. The game, including the menus, is a slide show. It's pretty crazy it's launching like this when they delayed it. Hopefully there's a patch when the eShop updates.

Apparently the solution is to turn your switch off and on again.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

hosed this post up, mod please delete

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

bushisms.txt posted:

Shoot. I bought it already.

Weird that it should run worse than the Steam-version on my ages old PC.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yeah, just saw that. That was horrible. Thought my switch was melting.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Frankston posted:

Apparently the solution is to turn your switch off and on again.

Can confirm this to be the case and solution for Death Road for Canada. Weird.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/UkiyoPublishing/status/993598441237504001

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 8, 2018

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
why isn't there a fast way to shut down the switch

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Animal Crossing's certainly going in a weird new direction.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Kurtofan posted:

why isn't there a fast way to shut down the switch

If there is then I too would like to know this.
Holding down a button for 10+ seconds seems counter-intuitive.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Reality Loser posted:

Nes games are overated. Where are my snes games Reggie.

I agree. Though online leader-boards for Dr. Mario and Donkey Kong is pretty cool. Not that I'm good at either of those games.

I wonder if my brother-in-law would go in with me on the Family plan. I also need to update my internet.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Newest Famitsu issue reveals Koei Tecmo is developing Warriors Orochi 4 for the PS4 and Switch and scheduled to release in Japan this year and sometime later in the west. The newest installment will feature 170 different playable characters, which sounds tad excessive. No idea if they're continuing with their open world endeavors or learned their lesson to not even bother.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Featuring
- Brad
- Slightly Larger Brad

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Grain of salt:

Kotaku posted:

There are currently no plans to bring classic games together under the Virtual Console banner as has been done on other Nintendo systems,” a Nintendo spokesperson told Kotaku in an e-mail late last night.

Soooooo a subscription to an ever expanding library of classic Nintendo games? I could get behind that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That they mention classic collections in there specifically makes me feel a lot of publishers would rather release their own collections than put stuff under the VC banner.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Infinitum posted:

Grain of salt:

Soooooo a subscription to an ever expanding library of classic Nintendo games? I could get behind that.

Does this also include the Wii games that they also brought to Wii U? Are those considered VC? I really want games like Xenoblade 1, Pandora's Tower, and Zangeki no Reginleiv on the eShop!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
super mario world when

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guess we'll wait for E3 for a better understand of their 'VC' sub plans.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

Does this also include the Wii games that they also brought to Wii U? Are those considered VC? I really want games like Xenoblade 1, Pandora's Tower, and Zangeki no Reginleiv on the eShop!

Those aren't happening without being remastered Ports. The WiiU only got them because it has the guts of a Wii as a co-processor.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
My fear is Nintendo starts out with a good idea then never updates it. And then it starts to suck

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Xbox Live cloud saves are free unless there was a very recent change, I don't know about PSN.

You can't use cloud saves without either XBL or PS+ sub.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
:siren: Nintendo confirms no VC coming to Switch :siren:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/993796202490679296?s=19

From the sounds of things, Nintendo might be following suit in all these SNK, Sega, etc Classic Collections.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I think the only nes game I played/enjoyed was River City Ransom so not really interested. It's cheap though just not much multi stuff on switch I'm playing anyway.

There's a couple snes games I'd be interested in, gamecub emulation would be my poo poo but I suspect any of that stuff will be high priced remasters instead of VC

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Kashuno posted:

My fear is Nintendo starts out with a good idea then never updates it. And then it starts to suck

So Nintendo being Nintendo?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Oh...

And it really is sounding like it's only nes games...

Maybe prematurely but I'm gonna say "lol Nintendo bring on the jailbreaking"

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Technically those Wii downloads were categorized as 'wii downloads on Wii u' and not Wii virtual console, because all vc games came with save states and rebindable buttons as a result of being emulated.

I'm curious how much work it will take to replace wiimote and wiimotion plus functionality with joycons. How hard or easy that is to program for each individual Wii game will likely be a big factor in the number of ports we get.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Is that you John Wayne?

Is this me?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Death Road to Canada chat: Is there any reason for killing zombies or is it best to just avoid them and only kill when absolutely necessary?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Still no word on streaming media support huh.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Can't wait for the Nintendo Classics selection to top out at 30 NES games and become completely forgotten by Nintendo in favor of the SNES Classic 2 and selling Quest 64 in the eShop for $25.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Frankston posted:

Death Road to Canada chat: Is there any reason for killing zombies or is it best to just avoid them and only kill when absolutely necessary?
The only benefit to killing zombies is having less zombies trying to eat your face. They don't give experience or drop loot or whatever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LawfulWaffle posted:

Can't wait for the Nintendo Classics selection to top out at 30 NES games and become completely forgotten by Nintendo in favor of the SNES Classic 2 and selling Quest 64 in the eShop for $25.

What Nintendo should just do is a series of [Console] Classics, with a set of preloaded games and an internal wifi card. That way they can connect to their own eShop to get more games, and that will fix having to remaster games for every new console's eShop service once and for all.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

So they're not bringing back the brand, Virtual Console, but they're going to still be releasing old games.

Hopefully they will add some new systems soon.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'd be surprised if we don't see an N64 mini this year.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Frankston posted:

Probably smart to kill Zombies you come across in houses so you won't get swarmed as easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Reality Loser posted:

I'd be surprised if we don't see an N64 mini this year.

Everyone is going to be surprised if we don't see an N64 mini this year.

It's also not hard to guess the games that'd be on it, given what got released on the WiiU eShop.

• Locked thread