Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Actually I really hope they fix the bahamut gacha and coin storage. They only stack to 10k (so if you’re constantly burning orbs at a reasonable rate that’s 70~ item slots if you wait til the end). And only pulling 5k at a time is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
While its utterly unsurprising that they would poo poo up the step-up, I haven't seen this level of denial and shilling in many months on the BE reddit.

I also enjoy the multiple people posting over and over about how even in JP players felt the banner was "too generous" in its original incarnation so of course it MUST be toned down. In the only gacha game of this size/popularity despite its absolutely poo poo rates.

Beautiful.

Love the one comment about how players like that are basically saying "Thanks for not eating spicy food before making GBS threads in my mouth!" when they pull this crap.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wonder how much they'll screw us on UoC tickets, or if they'll just never add them.

Given how utterly loathe they are to give global any free rainbows that are from the entire pool, God forbid a specific one? Or that global is the only one's to have had any, much less multiple, cash only rainbow offers?

We're still lightyears behind JP in all forms of freebies or compensation as we approach the 2 year mark of global in June. I don't see why they're going to do anything differently besides continuing to experiment with how greedy they can be. UoC tickets would go against everything they have been doing here, especially since we "know" what's coming and it would impact some percentage of their future sales.

Hell they still transparently drop surprise banners, either type ones or now DQ out of nowhere AND type ones, before the next cash grab.

Plus bullshit like the Nier banner when we get a surprise ultra garbage 4 loving star exclusive because of how good 9S' TMR was/is.

Seems incredibly unlikely. They shamelessly and repeatedly squeeze global, no reason to expect otherwise after almost a full 2 years of this.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Messing with the UoC tickets would be a stupid move. playerbase rioting aside, no one would loving touch any banners except the most generous of stepups due to needing two of a rainbow to make it endgame usuable.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I actually have saved 26k lapis waiting for this event, but I just can't be assed to spend it now. I know that I'll end up with a really good 5* unit, but I can't help but imagine they'd gently caress with the rainbow rates even more just to give some extra poo poo to players.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Yep. I was gonna take two laps and burn 50k on this banner, but it doesn't really seem worth it anymore. Gonna save my laps.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I wasn't sure before because my 7* roster isn't exactly great (Noctis, Fohlen, Lightning, Prishe) but now I'm definitely hoarding until Nier returns, SoM Flammie, or VP collabs come up.

I used that 4th step up 10% 5* Ticket on batch 2 to commemorate the step up and got a Kefka.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

There's a poo poo load of hyperbole because for past few months gumi has been way better than Alim in just about everything. It's disappointing that they dropped the ball with the step up because a 10+1 and rainbow ticket is way better than the moogle you would get in JP

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here’s the best plain English explanation of the step up banner reveal and it’s global nerf.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8ho8t8/global_sephirothlila_stepup_banner_analysis/

quote:

TLDR:

Deception is high : about 20% less rainbows than what Japan had.

But it is still a good deal compared to daily pulls.

Though, it is not even as good as average step-ups on Japan.

A real concern is the number of times this step-up is repeatable : if you can only do it once, it is really, really bad compared to Japan.

If it is not repeatable, chances for a dupe are not high at all : actually chances for a single banner rainbow you want are only 75%, so no guarantee at all.

You can either get Silt/Shylt with 10k lapis or a few 4☆ tickets if you are missing a magical cover tank.

Worst case : more resources for CG Lid and CG Nichol, which is actually not that bad.

PS : also Silt's TMR does not stack so you don't even want multiple of him and it makes Lila less attractive... It's a shame.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
what a lot of people are not mentioning is that Alim came out in a livestream after the Sephiroth banner and directly stated that they made a mistake on that steup and gave away too many rainbows. there was NO way we'd end up with what they had.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Maybe the hackers will come back and fix the banner.

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.

Dana Crysalis posted:

what a lot of people are not mentioning is that Alim came out in a livestream after the Sephiroth banner and directly stated that they made a mistake on that steup and gave away too many rainbows. there was NO way we'd end up with what they had.

Yeah, but Gumi could have at least given us the 1.5x rainbow rates on step 4 like the current step-up banners have and not just c/p the awful FF8 version.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The worst thing is the 90% Bedile ticket. If that could be changed to 50% rainbow or even 25% rainbow, it would go a long way.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Should I just dump all my tickets on this rate up banner? I have no mages other than BK Sakura, so a TT, Fry #2, or Barbie would be p. chill

I've got chainers for days and all the other major functional groups...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

The worst thing is the 90% Bedile ticket. If that could be changed to 50% rainbow or even 25% rainbow, it would go a long way.

Yeah the 10% Rainbow ticket is just insulting. I'd have 3x 4* tickets.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

The 10% tickets should be 1/10 of a 5* ticket or something. They are technically better tickets but in an almost insulting way.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Yeah you should be able to smash 10% 5* tickets into each other like moogles and increase the percentage!

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
PSA: The JP Xenogears event ushered in a new era of powercreep. Fei/Elly/Bart and Jecht/Auron are noticeably more powerful than older 5* units. I actually had to change the weighting on Famitsu scores due to creep (they max out at 23 now).

Also, despite the fact that Gumi shafted us on the step-up, this is still a really good banner to pull on if you need some power tier units. This is especially true if you don't have Mystea or Ayaka yet, as a third 11-pull guarantees Shylt. He's another group magic tank that specializes in damage mitigation and debuff prevention, including Ayaka's group stop prevention and full break prevention on the same ability. You want this guy.

Varance fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 7, 2018

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
While it's bullshit that they nerfed our stepup compared to Japan's, I'm still gonna do a full lap here. I completely missed out on Mystea and Basch, so I've been starving for a magic tank.

Couple questions though; I know Sephiroth's supposed to be really versatile when it comes to chaining, but who all does he work with out of the box? Will I finally have a good excuse to start using 2B again, or is just relegated to collecting dust since everyone's using Orlandu/Fryevia now? Also, is Lila worth a drat, or is she just lovely compensation unit I have to look forward to after spending 25k lapis? :argh:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Here's a cool thing about our own power creep. Fryvia beats the poo poo out of Seph. Doing about about 60% more damage than him while dual wielding.

I think Famitsu jumped the gun on the xenogears unit. Is Elly strong? Hell yes! Is she a full point ahead of T.Terra? No, I don't think so, not when T.Terra can still alpha damage harder than her, and whats the point of having stronger sustain damage if you wipe out the trial on turn one anyways? Fei is strong too but I don't think he should be that high when Randi does similar damage with more chain patterns.

quote:

Couple questions though; I know Sephiroth's supposed to be really versatile when it comes to chaining, but who all does he work with out of the box? Will I finally have a good excuse to start using 2B again, or is just relegated to collecting dust since everyone's using Orlandu/Fryevia now? Also, is Lila worth a drat, or is she just lovely compensation unit I have to look forward to after spending 25k lapis? :argh:

Seph becomes the Ur chainer at 7* having access to every chain patter other than auriele ray but his damage isn't particularly noteworthy. Its just the flexibility of being able to DW/TDH and having every chain pattern that makes him good. You can never go wrong with a Seph as your main unit, its just that you can always be more right. Lila wont be that good in GL, she cant stack spirit that high do to limitations on materias, she is extremely fragile by nature and her 7* isn't particularly noteworthy.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 8, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hamburgers in pockets posted:

While it's bullshit that they nerfed our stepup compared to Japan's, I'm still gonna do a full lap here. I completely missed out on Mystea and Basch, so I've been starving for a magic tank.

Lila is arguably better than Seph at 6* despite her Varance rating. She's a chainer that only works with herself because of how her attacks work(she uses her SPR and hits as a Magic damage) and her frames are weird iirc.

Seph at 6* works with OK and the Orlandeau family(his 7 hit chaining move also debuffs light and dark by 60% and his LB does both by 100%). He doesn't have DW innately, and at 7* becomes a TDH guy.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 8, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Here's a cool thing about our own power creep. Fryvia beats the poo poo out of Seph. Doing about about 60% more damage than him while dual wielding.

Well I guess thank the Gumi Gods I pulled Fryevia #3 today dicking around...

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Do I spend my 15k lapis on the current banner in hopes of getting a Fryevia, or do I wait until the Seph banner and just get the guaranteed 5*?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
It was agreed in Discord that the Batch banners are usually a trap

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hagie posted:

It was agreed in Discord that the Batch banners are usually a trap

To be fair, this Magic/Hybrid banner only has one stupid rainbow on it.

Barbariccia: Tornado + Aeroja is still amazing and will continue to be so when we get more 5* casters with that setup.
Dark Fina: A lesser pull mitigated by the fact her TM is still BiS for most mages
Fryevia: is the best
Trance Terra: is also the best, but has an already proven the best 7*
Emperor: similar to Dark Fina in that currently the TM is the best thing about him, but his 7* is kind of amusing

Jiraiya: Man, this guy just sucks. sucks sucks sucks. stupid ninjas.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The problem with the banners is that there are pretty obvious trash pulls in them only there to sour you. The general idea is that if you just want one of the units then its about the same rate as pulling on a 2 5* banner. If you want 2 of them then its about the same as pulling on a single 5* banner. Anything above that ultimately ends up pulling ahead than normal banners.

Like seriously Jiraiya is one of the worst units ever designed, whoever put him there is obviously making GBS threads on everyone.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Of note: 7* dfina is also good for TTerra alpha striking because she can turn 1 120% dark imperil. (7* TTerra can do dark or fire damage chaos waves)

Ugato fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 8, 2018

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

PaybackJack posted:

Lila is arguably better than Seph at 6* despite her Varance rating. She's a chainer that only works with herself because of how her attacks work(she uses her SPR and hits as a Magic damage) and her frames are weird iirc.

Seph at 6* works with OK and the Orlandeau family(his 7 hit chaining move also debuffs light and dark by 60% and his LB does both by 100%). He doesn't have DW innately, and at 7* becomes a TDH guy.

ExviusWiki will probably downrate Lila, as you can't stack Spirit as hard as you can in JP. Until their ratings come down from ExvWiki, I'm twinning the Famitsu rating for her (that's what the red means)

Varance fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 8, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Varance posted:

ExviusWiki will probably downrate Lila, as you can't stack Spirit as hard as you can in JP. Until their ratings come down from ExvWiki, I'm twinning the Famitsu rating for her (that's what the red means)

While that's true, she's effectively a MAG attacker which has it's own set of pluses and minuses. So even if you can only stack her to 1000 SPR, you're comparing that to how high you can stack other MAG users. And then her attack is still a ridiculous 10x 14-hit that she can use twice(three times on powerup) in a single turn.

It's not really fair to compare her to Seph because he has some great imperils, chains with the two of the most popular chaining families, and while there's been some closing of the gap; ATK is still more useful than MAG. Trance Terra is probably her closest competition and overall damage wise she's probably pretty close to her. Her major downsides are that she's going to eat all the SPR gear that you'd normally give to your healer and as you mentioned you can't stack it that high.

Also her 7* form is apparently very underwhelming so she's not a good long term investment. Seph is worth rolling for if you want Auron later as Seph's TMR is BIS for Auron.So I don't think Lila is hype worthy, but she's not the troll rainbow everyone would think she is. She's better than Cloud or Elfreeda, and the difference between her and Seph is far less than the difference between Cloud and Elfreeda.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 8, 2018

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Said "gently caress it", threw 5000 lapis at the current banner and walked away with a Fryevia in mild disbelief.

What's her BIS gear look like these days? I can give her the following:

Fryevia's Needle
Deathtrap
Minstrel's Prayer
Seabreeze Dark Fina's Swimsuit
Ring of the Lucii x2

Loren's TMR
Adventurer V
-
-

Is it still best to give her Letters and Arms? Or should she be getting the +30% attack and magic materia instead?

E: I don't have any Kunshira, so that's not an option for me.

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 8, 2018

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

So what kind of event does the Sephiroth banner come with? Another King Mog one, exploration one?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Infected posted:

So what kind of event does the Sephiroth banner come with? Another King Mog one, exploration one?

Another King Mog.

Probably another raid right after the current one, just to make our souls bleed.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I need to TMR grind and catch up to the story sometime. These King Mog events are... tiresome.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Skyridge posted:

Said "gently caress it", threw 5000 lapis at the current banner and walked away with a Fryevia in mild disbelief.

What's her BIS gear look like these days? I can give her the following:

Fryevia's Needle
Deathtrap
Minstrel's Prayer
Seabreeze Dark Fina's Swimsuit
Ring of the Lucii x2

Loren's TMR
Adventurer V
-
-

Is it still best to give her Letters and Arms? Or should she be getting the +30% attack and magic materia instead?

E: I don't have any Kunshira, so that's not an option for me.

While stacking a single stat is better, your atk portion of the hybrid damage will bring down your average damage. With enhancements it’s pretty easy to reach the mag cap. I’m not 100% sure but I believe L&A is better than the 30/30 materia for damage. But if you were to slot in two L&A into the build you have there you’d be over the mag cap, and 30/30 does beat out 40% mag for the 4th slot.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ugato posted:

While stacking a single stat is better, your atk portion of the hybrid damage will bring down your average damage. With enhancements it’s pretty easy to reach the mag cap. I’m not 100% sure but I believe L&A is better than the 30/30 materia for damage. But if you were to slot in two L&A into the build you have there you’d be over the mag cap, and 30/30 does beat out 40% mag for the 4th slot.

I think Fryevia only risks breaking her cap when you single wield. DW builds don't need to worry about that; I could be wrong.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Also you just need to worry about one materia slot, the last materia should be a killer. Fryevia does take advantage of physical killers.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PaybackJack posted:

I think Fryevia only risks breaking her cap when you single wield. DW builds don't need to worry about that; I could be wrong.

I was thinking TTerra numbers (110 passive). You are correct. Even with 2xring and 3x L&A you hit the cap exactly for Fryevia.

And I did get to do the math. The difference is pretty small (<10% in most cases) even if you slant heavier toward def or spr. As long as the defensive stats are even then getting the most total +atk/mag combined is definitively ahead (BIS being Loren’s TM, 2x Lucy ring and 3x kunshira tm). Double 30/30 beats out double L&A in even distribution of defenses.

The cases where L&A are better than 30/30s are things like Aigaion which can only be spr broken - Aigaion takes almost 5% more damage with the mag heavy build assuming a 60% break.

Kunshira build beats out both even on the Aigaion scenario.

If you want a build that’s generally good and low maintenance it’s hard to go wrong with the full hybrid build and swap in appropriate killer(s) as needed.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 8, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If you have a genji glove it's better to have that and save the materia for another kunshiras. 3 kuns, Genji, Lucii, Killer Is her BIS

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

If I had a Genji Glove, I'd definitely be using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Skyridge posted:

If I had a Genji Glove, I'd definitely be using it.

Same. Or a Loren materia... :sigh:

• Locked thread