Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

mp5 posted:

Def 11 Arm 16 might be the worst statline in the game for heavy infantry, but I don't know for sure

cataphracts def 11 arm 15 motherfuckerrrrrr

MetricUnit posted:

I definitely wouldn't complain if Cinerators got 8 boxes too... It's totally fine for shocktroopers after all.

shocktroopers are speed 4 and also terrible so it evens out

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

mp5 posted:

Def 11 Arm 16 might be the worst statline in the game for heavy infantry, but I don't know for sure

Bombardiers and Demo Corps are both 10/16. I've gotten in the habit of just telling my opponent "yeah, anything but snake eyes hits."

Jimmy Hats posted:

shocktroopers are speed 4 and also terrible so it evens out

Have you ever heard the impotent wailing that follows "Yeah, this guy is arm 26?" It's beautiful.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just tell them they hit before the dice have stopped moving. I'm right 35/36 times!

And yeah you can get them to arm 26 for a turn but if you're running them under strakhov2 you're wasting space in the list that should be for LAST STANDED BOMBARDIERS!!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

lokipunk posted:

Bones is so prevalent because the rest of circle is pretty solidly *meh*. 2una is still an exception but still.

It's almost like making the vast majority of warjacks MAT 7 vastly changed the costing math from MK2 and every beast that hasn't been recosted in MK3 likely needs a point drop! Circle is just in a weird place because they only recosted half the beasts, and now the rest are bad.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Exemplar Week 2 Update is up.

Kreoss2 changed a lot
-Loses Tactician (Exemplar) which is fine because it sucked on him anyway
-Gains Tough, hands out Tough to Exemplar in Command Range
-When he hits with his weapon he can take a point of damage to get an additional damage die, he can do this once per attack
-Sacrosanct spell changes to Cost 3 and affects all friendly faction models in his Command range (for 3 cost it should be control TBH)
-Gains spell Battle-Charged; 2 cost upkeep giving battlegroup models Counter-Charge

Vengers went from ARM 17 to 18 and from STR 6 to 7 (Meaning P+S 15 Lances). They still have the Lance rule but this is a strong step in the right direction

Judicator and Revelator are going to SPD 5 for some reason. I want to see Harbinger or Feora3 running one of these.

Bastions going to P+S13 and gaining Defensive Line (I like this, but I still think I'd want an extra attack or something on them to make them real melee blenders. currently 9/15 points

Fire of Salvation goes from 16 to 15 points and still won't get taken even in Kreoss2 lists, it should be 13/14 or get a bond with Kreoss that doesn't suck

Cinerator UA minifeat changing to Defensive Formation, which gives Reposition 5 and the Shield Wall order to the unit.

Bastion Seneschal gains the P+S 13 Halberd, Set Defense, and Tactician (Exemplar), which is where it belongs.

The Shrine Building thing now starts the game with 3 souls and goes up to CMD 12.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Defensive Formation is what every shield wall unit should have

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Counter-charge is bonkers, threat range, lets you reposition ashen veil and indictor bubbles and sanctifier bubbles during the opponent's turn. also works on Kreoss himself to shuffle the countercharge and castigate and bubble around.

Also he grants tough to the church, which is also no-knockdown from being a structure!

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Kreoss2 looks fun... What is this feeling?

xiw posted:

Also he grants tough to the church, which is also no-knockdown from being a structure!

That's probably working as intended.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Having watched a Harby game with 2 units of Bastions and a squad of Cinerators I think Bastions might be too strong right now. They still die real easy to bullets though. More testing definitely needed.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
Was it against a bunch of melee living models? I could see some cute Def stacking with Awe/Defensive Line/Ashen Veil but they still seem like they would die real good to any kind of shooting/sprays/constructs.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah they'll still just get shot off the table

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
It was vs a Kreoss 1 gunline and most of the Bastions died to that, though 1 arrived from the left unit and 3 arrived from the right after two punishing rounds. The Harby player still almost generated a win scenario despite the losses but his dice went cold at the last minute and he wasn’t willing to reroll for the cid purpose.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Is there still a link to order specific bits from PP? I just realized that demolisher and spriggan hoods look amazing on MoWs.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Softface posted:

Is there still a link to order specific bits from PP? I just realized that demolisher and spriggan hoods look amazing on MoWs.

Dunno if you can order the plastic pieces or not, but the store on their actual website has all that stuff.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
So what is everyone’s bet for 2019’s new faction?

I’m still thinking something from Zu.

I would love a insect warbeast faction. Giant spiders and centipedes and the like.

Either that or a large base sized faction similar to Ogres from Warhammer fantasy. Make them descendants of the giants.

A new dragon faction might be cool as well, maybe blighted dwarves?

Either way we should get a hint in the next little bit leading up to or at Lock and Load.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

For hordes I honestly I have no clue. I definitely didn't see Grymkin coming, that's for drat sure, soooo

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Zu feels the likeliest of any options, if only because they've been sketching it out here and there in the background. Alternatively...Orgoth?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Pyrolocutus posted:

Zu feels the likeliest of any options, if only because they've been sketching it out here and there in the background. Alternatively...Orgoth?

Everyone keeps saying this, and it will never be either of these.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah people have been predicting those my entire time in this game, so like 6-7 years.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They need an aesthetic they can 'borrow' from another successful game. I hear the godtear kickstarter did really well.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Jimmy Hats posted:

They need an aesthetic they can 'borrow' from another successful game. I hear the godtear kickstarter did really well.

Strange technological humans from the shores of Minfinity. Their faction unique ability is shooting at you when you move into their LOS.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

If there going to be borrow from other games give me a fish people faction. Give me a hermit crab gargantuan.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I was thinking fish people too but GW just released fish elves so I thought it would be a bit too on the nose.

Goth vikings with warbeasts ala a resurgent Orgoth would be cool as well.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

A friend of mine said the next minifaction was Infernals, which were demon lawyers or something? This is rumor of a rumor stuff though so I've got no idea where he heard it from...

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I thought the infernals were ironed out to be Grymkin.

Are they different critters?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I thought the infernals were ironed out to be Grymkin.

Are they different critters?

Completely unrelated to each other.

Captainicus posted:

A friend of mine said the next minifaction was Infernals, which were demon lawyers or something? This is rumor of a rumor stuff though so I've got no idea where he heard it from...

Also a rumor that's been floating around forever. There isn't even a great explanation of what the infernals are in the backstory.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

S.J. posted:

Also a rumor that's been floating around forever. There isn't even a great explanation of what the infernals are in the backstory.

Ah, I see. He said it was stupid, and that PP had originally said 'we are never releasing Infernals', and that all these mini factions are dumb. I think he might have just been looking for another reason to blame PP.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Captainicus posted:

Ah, I see. He said it was stupid, and that PP had originally said 'we are never releasing Infernals', and that all these mini factions are dumb. I think he might have just been looking for another reason to blame PP.

They have definitely said they aren't doing infernals. They don't really have a place in the power balance of the world as, like, a fighting force. That's not really what they do.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Yeah, if they ever get in enough numbers for a fighting force, it'd be the end of the world, no if or but. Everyone straight up dies.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Iceclaw posted:

Yeah, if they ever get in enough numbers for a fighting force, it'd be the end of the world, no if or but. Everyone straight up dies.

(Smarmy rising intonation)
Actually Warmachine is a skirmish game?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Make a faction where all the beasts are 30 points so i can play it for 100 bux

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Haley2 with old feat but in Cryx, thanks casual game format

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

mp5 posted:

Def 11 ARM 15 Incindiarii and Arcuarii say hi.

counterspin posted:

It's almost like making the vast majority of warjacks MAT 7 vastly changed the costing math from MK2 and every beast that hasn't been recosted in MK3 likely needs a point drop!

Dropping Skorne's Titans from DEF 12 to DEF 10 across the board didn't help. (But then Mk 3.0 Skorne were a disaster in all directions)

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
New ADR is previewed along with the changes for Champion and Masters tournaments

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/active-duty-roster-season-8-preview

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I got a Hordes box set for my birthday so I’m going to actually start playing this game! Anyone know of any stores in the Corvallis, Salem, Eugene area where that would be open to a new player and also sells paint stuff?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

counterspin posted:

It's almost like making the vast majority of warjacks MAT 7 vastly changed the costing math from MK2 and every beast that hasn't been recosted in MK3 likely needs a point drop! Circle is just in a weird place because they only recosted half the beasts, and now the rest are bad.

Like a good 70% of circle stuff in general is overcosted tbh. Virtually all their troop choices, for one. Losing a lot of their toolbox stuff to rebalancing and theme lists didn't help either.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Durst in ADR two seasons in a row. Welp

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.
So I played Warmachine last night for the first time in like 3 years. My Durgen Madhamner tourney list from Mk2 doesn’t really function anymore now that they’ve handed out 1” reach all over the place.

Also what have they done to my Steelhead Cav? 😱 Did all the cavalry get nerfed that hard?

Where can I find the current competitive tier merc lists? I’m told mercs are in s great place now but I’ve not seen anything that blows me away yet.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Acceptableloss posted:

So I played Warmachine last night for the first time in like 3 years. My Durgen Madhamner tourney list from Mk2 doesn’t really function anymore now that they’ve handed out 1” reach all over the place.

Also what have they done to my Steelhead Cav? 😱 Did all the cavalry get nerfed that hard?

Where can I find the current competitive tier merc lists? I’m told mercs are in s great place now but I’ve not seen anything that blows me away yet.

Rhul likes to run an Ossrum gunline. In general, lists want to run waaaaay the gently caress more jack heavy, since Power Up basically renders most jacks a bit undercosted. This also means that infantry spam lists aren't really a thing outside of very specialized lists, and armor scores are typically higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
The two pairings I’ve seen the most with are Ossrum-LITERALLY WHATEVER CAUSE gently caress THAT DORF HE MAKES EVERY TURD SHINE!

and Magnus 2 in Irregulars or Kingmaker.