Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
For being basically a cheater Kazuya wasn't terribly smart about it. why would you make both chairs actually work? It made sense early on when Kaiji said he thought Kazuya was fair but the dude always had a cheat ready anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
rip kazuya

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Fabricated posted:

For being basically a cheater Kazuya wasn't terribly smart about it. why would you make both chairs actually work? It made sense early on when Kaiji said he thought Kazuya was fair but the dude always had a cheat ready anyway.
Both chairs work because he lets the victim choose the seat, same reason Kaiji was able to get the Aces.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Those must be the four slowest chapters in Manga history.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Plus he had a way out.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this kaiji fella is one tough cookie

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

'it can only be cancelled once' was the only piece of logic in this arc i really didn't buy, a bullshit deduction for something totally contrived

yeah actually they will posted:

at the end of chapter 245 when it said "TIME IS STOPPED" i felt like fkmt was just loving with us

literally loled

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well Kazuya slipped up that it was true.

Anyway the next few chapters are downloadable.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 24, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i hope kazuya splats. cmon do it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What good chapters.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Kazuya, Kaiji, Mario, and Chang. The Asian 4. BFFs forever!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I'm struggling to think of a single friend Kaiji's made who hasn't betrayed him.

I guess there's always those other guys from the 45ers who just never showed up again.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm struggling to think of a single friend Kaiji's made who hasn't betrayed him.

I guess there's always those other guys from the 45ers who just never showed up again.

Sahara (RIP). I wouldn't exactly say that Sakazaki betrayed Kaiji. IIRC he just kicked Kaiji out of his house because he's a freeloading piece of poo poo.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Which is understandable.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pewdiepie posted:

Sahara (RIP). I wouldn't exactly say that Sakazaki betrayed Kaiji. IIRC he just kicked Kaiji out of his house because he's a freeloading piece of poo poo.

I don't think he has even formally kicked him out the house yet. He is just going to do so pretty soon, cause Kaiji is a freeloading piece of poo poo.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
sakazaki is awfully judgmental considering the kind of gambler that he used to be

so I'd count that as a "betrayal", kinda

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
but I feel like this time Chang and Mario are LEGIT

at least for now, until Kaiji reveals that he's kind of a privileged* lazyass, I don't think they'd betray him but if they get out of this and Kaiji goes back to making up excuses to gamble again they'd kick his rear end.

(*) compared to them

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ignoring some weird swerve Kaiji will almost certainly give Mario and Chang their share plus some then ask to challenge Kazuya's dad.

Arctos
May 10, 2008
uhh... Is it just me or does it look like Kaiji could just reach out and grab Kazuya's arm/legs and pull him up when the belt releases? With help from Mario and Chang definitely.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I kind of assumed Mario and Chang would return to their home countries after getting their money and try to right some wrongs.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

can't believe kaiji went out of his way to have kazuya murdered. the man is a demon

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Kaiji is a real piece of poo poo for deliberately murdering Kazuya. I don't blame Chang and Mario for betraying him and stealing all his money off-panel I assume

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Plutonis posted:

can't believe kaiji went out of his way to have kazuya murdered. the man is a demon

Can't be the ultimate survivor if anyone else is left alive.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Three more chapters out! Apparently Kazuya is the Kaiji of his family???

The next chapter will be out later this week and according to some comments I read, it'll be the last chapter for this arc.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
You'll pay for your whole seat

BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
so Kaiji went down and readjusted the net I guess?

Hyoudou casually being an insensitive jerk in the flashback was funny as poo poo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Symbolic Butt posted:

Hyoudou casually being an insensitive jerk in the flashback was funny as poo poo

I found him being a concerned father about violent toys to be even funnier.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Symbolic Butt posted:

They are making a money cushion

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here. It. Is!!!!!

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
guys I'm not sure about the physics of this

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

You'd think they could have just slipped the sheet under Kazuya before he fell and held it taut.

oh well whatever KAIJI WINS, time to see how he loses all his money

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kaiji will almost certainly go on to challenge the old man again.

... After Mario and Chang steal most of the money

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Nah, he's gonna gamble all of his winnings for the ultimate wager to destroy him.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Symbolic Butt posted:

guys I'm not sure about the physics of this

Remember when Kaiji tilted a building to win at pachinko?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

trucutru posted:

Remember when Kaiji tilted a building to win at pachinko?
That trick might literally work.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Kaiji will almost certainly go on to challenge the old man again.

... After Mario and Chang steal most of the money

Well he already plans to give them most of the money.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Hoping against hope Kazuya’s brother grew up to be a stable and hardworking investment banker with no interest in psychotic murdergambles.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mary Annette posted:

Hoping against hope Kazuya’s brother grew up to be a stable and hardworking investment banker with no interest in psychotic murdergambles.

Actually, he's the black sheep of the family and he grew up to be a stable and hardworking murderer with no interest in
investment banking

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:51 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Pewdiepie posted:

Theres Kaiji season 3 scenes in a pachinko machine but that's all I've seen or heard of about new material. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SGBX3xKwFo

Why the gently caress didn't they finish this into a full season!?