Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I will play World over 3 any day

Me too.

I understand the complaint that the cape trivializes a lot of the game, but the controls in World are so much better that, for me, it isn't even a contest. World for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So Nintendo Labo has not only been teaching my Nephew about simple science and the technology behind the Toycons and Switch, it also just told him what a kebab is. This is proper good edutainment.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Willo567 posted:

It's loving bullshit that they aren't doing the Virtual Console on Switch, and at the same time are throwing DMCA notifications at websites that offer their titles.

"No virtual console" doesn't mean that they aren't going to sell those games again (and again=

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I... never made the connection. Whenever gyros come up the conversation always turns to whether it's pronounced like 'euro' or not, but this kind of puts a new spin on it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's pronounced "euroscope"

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Willo567 posted:

It's loving bullshit that they aren't doing the Virtual Console on Switch, and at the same time are throwing DMCA notifications at websites that offer their titles.
Me thinks you don't understand a couple of things.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Willo567 posted:

I don’t think you get how copyright law works.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

TheMadMilkman posted:

Me too.

I understand the complaint that the cape trivializes a lot of the game, but the controls in World are so much better that, for me, it isn't even a contest. World for life.
SMB 3 is my favorite 2D Mario. I really like the variety of power-ups in 3, and having an inventory to hold them. I'd really like to see a NSMB game that took more direct inspiration from 3.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I don't really care what they call their classic games label so long as I can play my super metroids and Link to the Pasts on the Switch. I'm just worried they're going to take forever adding new games because they're gonna be taking the time to add online functionality to a bunch of the titles.

I look forward to posting a sub 40 time for Super Metroid though

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
With the exception of Mario's weird vocalizations, the GBA SMB3 remake is the perfect Mario game

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I thought it was YEE-ros

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Over There posted:

I thought it was YEE-ros

poo poo see its happening again

edit: looking it up now I think you're right

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 8, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

THE loving MOON posted:

I... never made the connection. Whenever gyros come up the conversation always turns to whether it's pronounced like 'euro' or not, but this kind of puts a new spin on it

I dunno, that seems pretty tame for conversations about spinning meat. :wiggle:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Willo567 posted:

That's capitalism

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

drat, people getting a lot of mileage out of "VIRTUAL CONSOLE IS DEAD" articles about Nintendo just calling the same service something else

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Fallom posted:

drat, people getting a lot of mileage out of "VIRTUAL CONSOLE IS DEAD" articles about Nintendo just calling the same service something else

It's literally the only thing that comes up searching for Switch right now. Lot's of youtube stills of bug eyed dorks holding their hands out in front and presumably screeching about how Nintendo actually is seriously doomed for real this time

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Kotaku is the true thinkfluencer

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Willo567 posted:

quote:

“There are currently no plans to bring classic games together under the Virtual Console banner as has been done on other Nintendo systems

how do people still fall for clickbait titles

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

With the exception of Mario's weird vocalizations, the GBA SMB3 remake is the perfect Mario game

I like the blue caves better than the brown caves tbqh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Nintendo would never in a million years let anyone else touch Zelda at this point in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL-360eSOmQ

content
Feb 13, 2014

All this NES/Zelda talk made me listen to the Zelda 2 soundtrack. So good.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

King Knight when tho

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Fallom posted:

What I'm unhappy about is that by putting it on the publisher, I am imagining the final fantasy and chrono trigger reskins that square shat out recently. What I would have liked is true emulation, not reskins, and so I will power up a raspberry pi instead.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Enjoy concept art

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
#fitspiration

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Daddy Dedede

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
All I want is a “Classic Games” or “ Virtual Console” icon on the home menu that takes me to an NES Classic menu where I can play a ton of older games.

How can you gently caress this up when you literally have a product that does exactly this.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Where did you get those photos of me in high school.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Willo567 posted:

Is it? I mean, they're still selling those titles on Wii U and 3DS.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I kinda wish I had put some money into the Wii Shop now

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
It's really pre-mature to be saying you wish you put money into Wii Shop when Nintendo's PR people said "won't be under the Virtual Console banner", and the article itself says that they meant that the marketing would be changed.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Fremry posted:

It's really pre-mature to be saying you wish you put money into Wii Shop when Nintendo's PR people said "won't be under the Virtual Console banner", and the article itself says that they meant that the marketing would be changed.

What, did you expect people to not overreact?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

THE loving MOON posted:

It's literally the only thing that comes up searching for Switch right now. Lot's of youtube stills of bug eyed dorks holding their hands out in front and presumably screeching about how Nintendo actually is seriously doomed for real this time
Nerds are bad at words and overreact to trivial poo poo that really doesn't matter. Must be a day ending in Y.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
But how will I play these games aside from on the NES classic and SNES classic and my 3DS and my WiiU and my Wii and

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

People stopped caring about old game libraries once they realized they'd have to be re-trickled in/bought every gen or so, so we're back to collections and stuff.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The Wii VC library is really great (much better than WiiUs) and this just reminded me that I wish I had gotten cash in before it got was no longer possible. I'm sure the Switch library will be grow and be great in time. Chill, folks!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Everyone in 2014 - "Nintendo keeps releasing the same games on the Virtual Console and expects us to pay for it every time? Nintendo is hosed up and I'm not going to stand for this poo poo."

Everyone in 2018 - "They aren't releasing games on the Virtual Console for Switch? Nintendo is hosed up and I'm not going to stand for this poo poo."

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Fremry posted:

Everyone in 2014 - "Nintendo keeps releasing the same games on the Virtual Console and expects us to pay for it every time? Nintendo is hosed up and I'm not going to stand for this poo poo."

Everyone in 2018 - "They aren't releasing games on the Virtual Console for Switch? Nintendo is hosed up and I'm not going to stand for this poo poo."

nerds are dumb, but "everyone in 2014" and "everyone in 2018" are probably two separate groups of people

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Motto posted:

People stopped caring about old game libraries once they realized they'd have to be re-trickled in/bought every gen or so, so we're back to collections and stuff.

That old as gently caress Mario game that sells for 8 on the estore has made somewhere around 11 million dollars. The writing is on the wall that reselling games like Majoras mask for 20-40 is $$$.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

what happened to everyone from 2014 :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

man nurse posted:

I'll tell you why I don't like Zelda 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36IgjXkSoPM

All I see is a crybaby that couldn't git gud and find the guaranteed no-effort way to kill shield dudes in the fifth-best Zelda ever made.

A remake that improved the bosses and differentiated the art style between dungeons would be awesome.

• Locked thread