Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I would imagine Thanos trying to pull a move on Saitama but only succeeding in turning his clothes into ash and leaving him naked and trying to cover himself but by then Thanos has seen everything.

Edit: Garou snipe.

graham cracker fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Saitama would beat Thanos, but somehow still fail to save the world from him.

He would also beat Squirrel Girl, and become utterly publicly reviled for beating up a beloved girl-hero.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

graham cracker posted:

I would imagine Thanos trying to pull a move on Saitama but only succeeding in turning his clothes into ash and leaving him naked and trying to cover himself but by then Thanos has seen everything.

Edit: Garou snipe.

His finger is freakishly long. I have big hands and my finger still stops where his second joint is. That thing is like twice the distance between his wrist and knuckles.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

graham cracker posted:

Thanos would be played by Patrick Stewart, I assume.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

cant cook creole bream posted:

His finger is freakishly long. I have big hands and my finger still stops where his second joint is. That thing is like twice the distance between his wrist and knuckles.

He loved playing piano so much he turned into Dave Brubeck. He's a pianist monster.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, pianist monster

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
a true pianist monster would have another set of thumbs past the pinky

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

If Crablante turned into a crab monster from eating too much crab then obviously a pianist monster would have eaten too many pianos.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
So Murata gave a pretty big buff to Geryuganshoop

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan/comments/8hkkm4/stream_spoilers_chapter_92_prerelease_megathread/dyncanb/

quote:

Someone with expert Japanese transcribed Murata's statement on Geryuganshoop on stream:

quote:

先生, 海外の方からの質問です: ゲリュガンシュプは本当に重力でブラックホールを作れるほどの能力があったのか? めっちゃ気になってるそうです. ん~どうなんですかね. ブラックホール作れたら最強な気がしますけど. そこらへんはONEさんに聞いてみないとわかんないですね. 物体を飛ばす能力ならタツマキ以上だったのかな. ゲリュガンシュプが念動力で小石を飛ばしてたけど, タツマキがあれをやると出力が強すぎて一瞬で小石が蒸発しちゃうんだけど, 空気との摩擦と圧縮熱で. ゲリュガンシュプは空気との摩擦を0にして飛ばすことができるから, 亜光速で石が飛んでくるというね. っていうつもりで描いてました. タツマキはデッケーものは飛ばせれるけど, スピードには限界があるみたいで. やっぱり宇宙最高の超能力者でしたね。埼玉は普通に石投げて勝っちゃたもんねソイツに。埼玉からしたら亜光速で石が飛んできてもただ石を投げただけにしか見えない, 悪い冗談ですよね.

Here's a full, more accurate translation:

quote:

(Murata reads stream question): Murata sensei, here's a question from overseas: can Geryuganshoop actually create black holes by manipulating gravity? It seems like they care about this a lot.

Murata: hm~, I'm not sure. Black holes seem too powerful. I won't know for sure without asking ONE. But his ability to control flying object should be above Tatsumaki, because he can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks like he does, her output will be too powerful, the temperature increase due to friction and pressure, and evaporate the rocks in an instant. Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air, the rocks will fly at sub-light speed*, that's the setting I based my drawing on. Tatsumaki can through very large objects, but there's a limit to how fast she can throw them. Geryuganshoop is the greatest psychic in the universe after all.

Murata: Saitama still beat him with a casual stone throw though. In Saitama's eyes rocks at sub-light speed is nothing, it's like a bad joke.

*The Japanese used here is 亜光速, I looked it up and it means speed that is between 90% and 100% the speed of light. Hope that clarifies everything.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Saitama finds 0.90c slow CONFIRMED1!

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
But could he hit a ball pitched by Goku?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Wouldn't the bat shatter and the ball disintegrate?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Fantastic Flyer posted:

No because Saitama would probably be bad at baseball and end up chucking the bat into the stratosphere.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SpacePig posted:

I'm pretty sure Saitama can grab things without destroying them. Though he has to put some strength into it, so...maybe? Especially in contact with a Blue-pitched ball...that's actually a good question.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ChronoReverse posted:

Saitama finds 0.90c slow CONFIRMED1!
Someone analyzed the OP and figured out that Saitama throws punches so fast that they blue-shift because they are travelling close to the speed of light.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm pretty sure Saitama can grab things without destroying them. Though he has to put some strength into it, so...maybe? Especially in contact with a Blue-pitched ball...that's actually a good question.

He can grab things, but h'd have to swing the bat so fast at a ball travelling so fast that neither could make it out of the encounter. There's a chance that both accelerate so quickly that neither technically makes contact with the other before being destroyed.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

SpacePig posted:

When Goku pitched to Vegeta in the baseball episode the ball disintegrated but the bat miraculously remained intact

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

When Goku pitched to Vegeta in the baseball episode the ball disintegrated but the bat miraculously remained intact

Probably aura extended over the bat protected it from harm. Just like how their clothes survive till their aura is weakened enough for things to start hurting them.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
When you bring physics into things, once you're moving at speeds like 0.9c, a baseball bat and the air are equivalently clouds of disassociated atoms. The bonds that hold a bat into its shape basically have zero relevance.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

A baseball at .9c in atmosphere is basically a large nuclear weapon https://what-if.xkcd.com/1/

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
Squirrel-Girl vs Saitama just depends on who's comic it is.

If it's Squirrel-Girl's Saitama gets covered in squirrels spazzes out, and is laying rear end up on the ground unconscious in the next frame. That actually happened to a fully armored Dr.Doom.

If it's One Punch Man, Tippy-Toe(her main squirrel) gets into his groceries, he rage faces, next frame Tippy-Toe's buried head-first in the ground to the waist, Squirrel girl gets mad at him about it and tries to punch him while he looks at her bored, next frame she's planted in the dirt right next to Tippy.

In Squirrel-Girl comics they skip frames in fight scenes when there's literally nothing they could put there that would make any sense, in OPM they do it to convey just how instantaneous the fight was.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Saitama would get owned by that squirrel

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

when there's literally nothing they could put there that would make any sense

You just know Murata could draw whatever this part looks like. Also, she'd probably first own Genos (in either version).

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

well that's just a given

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Squirrel-Girl vs Saitama just depends on who's comic it is.

If it's Squirrel-Girl's Saitama gets covered in squirrels spazzes out, and is laying rear end up on the ground unconscious in the next frame. That actually happened to a fully armored Dr.Doom.

If it's One Punch Man, Tippy-Toe(her main squirrel) gets into his groceries, he rage faces, next frame Tippy-Toe's buried head-first in the ground to the waist, Squirrel girl gets mad at him about it and tries to punch him while he looks at her bored, next frame she's planted in the dirt right next to Tippy.

In Squirrel-Girl comics they skip frames in fight scenes when there's literally nothing they could put there that would make any sense, in OPM they do it to convey just how instantaneous the fight was.

Nah, I have to agree with the other posters. Squirrel Girl's thing is winning impossible fights for comedic value, Saitama's thing is being all powerful but getting screwed over for comedic value.

Squirrel Girl would be Saitama's kryptonite.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bremen posted:

Nah, I have to agree with the other posters. Squirrel Girl's thing is winning impossible fights for comedic value, Saitama's thing is being all powerful but getting screwed over for comedic value.

Squirrel Girl would be Saitama's kryptonite.

If I were drawing it id have a little bubble with a shopping list of things saitama hates and the more he interacts with SG the more ticks appear on the list.
○Hates being reminded hes bald
○Hates people who talk too much
○Hates being showed up
○Hates being press ganged
○Hates uninvited house guests

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 21, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If I were drawing it id have a little bubble with a shopping list of things saitama hates and the more he interacts with SG the more ticks appear on the list.

Yeah, the way I see it unfolding is less as a fight and more as Saitama being driven to an aneurysm.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The fight would be Squirrel Girl getting him to go save the world. They are both heroes, come on they team up and take out some whack a doodle.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

You could also frame it as a friend date but everything goes right for SG and wrong for saitama. Saitama's root beer explodes in his face and SG gets to try new coke acorn flavor. Saitaim breaks his wooden chopsticks again and SG gets offered free dumplings on the house. A dog pees on saitama while an army of squirrels sew a beautiful cinderella dress right on SG.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

You could also frame it as "please god never let this happen as western comics are unfunny trash"

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

You could also frame it as "please god never let this happen as western comics are unfunny trash"

Terrible opinions everywhere.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah.

Why add unfunny?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

yikes

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Terror Sweat posted:

you don't get out of your comfort zone much, do you?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
What's funny is a BSS thread is currently full of posters melting down about manga, and by funny, I mean asdassfasdfffffffffffffffffffffff :smithicide:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cuchulain posted:

What's funny is a BSS thread is currently full of posters melting down about manga, and by funny, I mean asdassfasdfffffffffffffffffffffff :smithicide:

You cant say this without giving a name.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

you don't get out of your comfort zone much, do you?

The only good western comic is the complete works of oyvind thorsby

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Terror Sweat posted:

The only good western comic is the complete works of oyvind thorsby

Hitmen for Destiny drawn by Murata? Does anyone have some unused wishes from a genie?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Raws for the newest chapter are up.

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156630859188

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer