Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

MonkeyWash posted:

I'm sorry you have to visit this lovely city. Fox News is perfect garbage for the majority of garbage people here. At least it's no longer on at the Wichita VA, I was able to stop taking my universal remote with me every time I went.

The hero we need

Editing gently caress hold on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
RIP Iran

https://twitter.com/esaagar/status/993879781723828225?s=19

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

That pamphlet is 10 years out of date, and doesn't cover data harvesting or online bullying in the slightest. NIST's NICE program has so many more advanced and beneficial assets that this Be Best thing is just shameful

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I love hopeless Military causes, thanks Trump and Bolton!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don’t think Melania is writing her own statements and I don’t think she’s even giving much input at all.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

I don’t think Melania is writing her own statements and I don’t think she’s even giving much input at all.

Until I receive proof that she's been locked in a prison cell since inauguration I'm going to go ahead and assume that she's a free woman with the agency to make her own decisions.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Fallom posted:

Until I receive proof that she's been locked in a prison cell since inauguration I'm going to go ahead and assume that she's a free woman with the agency to make her own decisions.

Her husband is Donald Trump.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Fallom posted:

Agency =/= awareness. If the office is doing stuff for nominal visibility, that's one thing. If she said "I want to look like I hate online bullying" that's a whole different ballgame.

boop the snoot posted:

You able to make it out tonight?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

His other wives managed to escape.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Fallom posted:

His other wives managed to escape.

At this point it would be dumb for Melania to divorce him anyway because he’s gotta die soon, right? Why go to court with a Trump when you can just wait it out?

Soon right?

Right?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Honestly it's probably worthwhile going to court with him now since he's pretty much guaranteed to gently caress up his own case, vs. dealing with whatever attorney represents his estate who might actually be half competent. Assuming she actually wants to walk away with a piece of his property.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

RIP Israel

https://twitter.com/KenWeinstein/status/993894618285535232?s=19

(thin sourcing, but this Iran deal pullout thing COULD explode or fizzle into nothing)

But there's only one important opinion: https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/993896095326654464?s=19

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

facialimpediment posted:

RIP Israel

(thin sourcing, but this Iran deal pullout thing COULD explode or fizzle into nothing)

I hope we all die 😁

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Just a reminder that a massive Middle East war involving Israel is EXACTLY what the Evangelicals who support Trump want.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

And the new secretary of state

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol @ anyone still in

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'll go into depth on police canines later, I work in outfitting them. In the end, the results come down to individual handlers and their methods for upkeep in training. A trainer doesn't always have access to the dog, so a lot of a dogs' mentality will fall back on the handler. If the handler is a piece of poo poo, the dog is going to slack out of proper training and do poo poo like scratch cars when they think they smell something, instead of sitting like they are trained.

I can't go into actual narcotics and explosives kits, but once you pop the seals on those, it's only good for so long, so you have to train quickly with actual scents, and that limits exposure unless your budget is just overflowing. Even then, they're analog scents. Kinda like how some essential oils are used to simulate rotting corpses.

Definitely depends on who has their poo poo together. When I was working towards being a handler, they'd have me go out and plant all the samples in the storage unit/warehouse/garage/wherever we were training, so the handlers would have no idea where anything was and everyone else chilled outside and wouldn't watch what was happening. Same thing for laying tracks, they'd give me a direction to go (to not waste time and to simulate a cop/citizen going "he ran that way into the woods." Then you sit in the woods for a half hour to let the track age and wait to get bit. Course, our department was pretty on top of training, not just in K9, so I can definitely see small rear end in a top hat departments doing basically nothing to keep up on training.

Small stuff really matters, with the dogs, I also had to make sure to grab door handles and rub hands on nearby objects without drugs just to make sure the dogs weren't learning to associate the hit with human scent (since you have to touch whatever you're hiding dope in), which I still bet is the leading cause of false hits in small places that don't train well. There's a whole lot of subtle stuff you have to do to in order to isolate scent and prevent false positives, it requires a good deal of effort.

I miss working with them, we had some really good dogs and you could tell who the handlers who went the extra mile were, it was sometimes amazing to watch both in training and then going on a track in real life and finding a dude hiding in a creek or under a greenway boardwalk miles away.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

CommieGIR posted:

Just a reminder that a massive Middle East war involving Israel is EXACTLY what the Evangelicals who support Trump want.

What's the backup plan for when the holy land is a barren radioactive wasteland and there's no Jesus in sight

Just kidding of course there's no backup plan they'll just find a new place to blow up for the Jesus

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Eej posted:

What's the backup plan for when the holy land is a barren radioactive wasteland and there's no Jesus in sight

Just kidding of course there's no backup plan they'll just find a new place to blow up for the Jesus

THE END TIMES CANNOT FAIL, IT CAN ONLY BE FAILED

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

CommieGIR posted:

So how does this WORK exactly. I mean, I know evangelicals make no sense but there's gotta be some internal logic going on. Is the narrative 'war in the ME, Jesus comes back, me and my family get to laugh at sinners burning in righteous fire' ?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nuclear War posted:

So how does this WORK exactly. I mean, I know evangelicals make no sense but there's gotta be some internal logic going on. Is the narrative 'war in the ME, Jesus comes back, me and my family get to laugh at sinners burning in righteous fire' ?

I think Jerusalem has to be destroyed to trigger Jesus' questline or something

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nuclear War posted:

Causing Jesus to get resurrected in a nuclear metal album to own the libs.

Like: wheres he even gonna get up from? Most of the Lazarus pit style stuff is in Jerusalem. His bones are probably in some Ark Of The Covenent style warehouse. Does come at some climactic moment? Would they be down for a Fallout Ghoul Brown Jesus?

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 8, 2018

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Proud Christian Mom posted:

THE END TIMES CANNOT FAIL, IT CAN ONLY BE FAILED

It turns out that Jesus was all the friends we nuked along the way.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think Jerusalem has to be destroyed to trigger Jesus' questline or something

Step 1: War in the ME. Like, actual organized armies invading sovereign territory with artillery and CAS.
Step 2: Jerusalem gets sacked or wiped off the map by the dirty arabs armies of the Antichrist.
Step 3: Jesus comes back to fight the Antichrist in Armageddon.
Step 4: All true Christians ascend to heaven, while all non-Christians (and Nicholas Cage) are LEFT BEHIND.
Step 5: World ends.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/mark_dow/status/993907381653286912?s=19

I don't know what's going on

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I like the bumper stickers that say "Warning : In case of Rapture this car will be unoccupied" or whatever, because if I learned one thing about the Bible it's that God loves for people to presume his intentions

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Did he cancel it in name only?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

I've seen that too. Lol if it's true because it's the most Trumpian thing to do.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

mods change my name posted:

I like the bumper stickers that say "Warning : In case of Rapture this car will be unoccupied" or whatever, because if I learned one thing about the Bible it's that God loves for people to presume his intentions

The implicit assertion that everyone good is gonna go to heaven so who cares about the trash (literal and people) left behind is one of the more revolting aspects of the whole belief really. It has a lot in common with people who are really into space exploration because "Earth is over capacity" or whatever and have basically given up on stopping our home from getting even worse.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

holocaust bloopers posted:

Did he cancel it in name only?

Supposedly a six-month pause in reimplementation of sanctions.

He doesn't know what the gently caress is in the deal, so likely kicking it down the road to be a midterm issue, or give his administration time to make some kind of plan other than IRAN BAD GO AWAY.

Best description: https://twitter.com/pwnallthethings/status/993915527126028288?s=19

Better source on the Israel poo poo: https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/993913648786657280?s=19

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's like he doesn't hate any of our national obligations ("deals") he just wants to be able to play take-backs easier

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BigDave posted:

Step 1: War in the ME. Like, actual organized armies invading sovereign territory with artillery and CAS.
Step 2: Jerusalem gets sacked or wiped off the map by the dirty arabs armies of the Antichrist.
Step 4: All true Christians ascend to heaven, while all non-Christians (and Nicholas Cage) are LEFT BEHIND.

God damned Sidequests are gonna keep us distracted for a while longer.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gonna be stripped of all Obama connections and renamed HeMan WomenLovers Agreement of Bigly Nuclear Prevention in Iran Golden Deal Brokered By President Trump.

No actual change.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eej posted:

It has a lot in common with people who are really into space exploration because "Earth is over capacity" or whatever and have basically given up on stopping our home from getting even worse.

tbf this is more because the people in power have made trying to make Earth not a shithole basically impossible, so it's slightly more grounded in reality than the evangelical death cult

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
The Iranians aren't going to do a thing to Israel over this in the short-term because that would utterly squander the opportunity of appearing the reasonable party when America is acting like a batshit toddler. They're going to turn to the world and proclaim themselves the offended party—rightly, in this case—and take the opportunity to continue expanding trade and diplomatic relations around the world.

Unless Khamenei is a complete idiot and hands power back to the hardliners over this, of course.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

You'd be amazed at how terrible some "trainers" can be too. It's not all handlers, there are definitely trainers out there who don't belong outside of their bite suit.

There's a guy here with a mali that goes right for your legs, completely uncued, uncontrolled. Fucker almost got me a few months ago.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

CommieGIR posted:

God damned Sidequests are gonna keep us distracted for a while longer.

In a book that's mostly metaphor they choose to interpret literally the part that's a metaphor/aesops fable about surviving or defeating tyranny literally. Can you imagine if they had this fervor for the Song of Solomon instead of Revelations?

Hope get to bang the Whore of Babylon on the way out... Before dashing her infants against the rocks. Which will be the new "Marine kicks puppy off a cliff"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m terrified of Mali’s after my buddy got a pair as house guard dogs. They are so loving fast and agile. Saw them knock down a deer from over a hundred yard aways. Goddamn fur missiles.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

My fave tweets of today

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/993896123164168192?s=19

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/993918725538672641?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

BigDave posted:

I always forget that evangelicals have the exact same end goal as ISIS. They're just slower about it.

• Locked thread