Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
gently caress Donald Trump I swear to loving God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Not yet, Trump hasn't delivered the pretext yet!

Wait, here it comes.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
He is using the Isreal bullshit as his excuse. gently caress Isreal

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

tecnocrat posted:

Not yet, Trump hasn't delivered the pretext yet!

Wait, here it comes.

We're gonna rebuild the yuugest most luxurious temple ever. NO COLLUSION.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/993915470591021057

Is israel actually gonna do this

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

With Trump in the WH, yes.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Ya probably. They're currently run by pretty much the only democratic leader in the world who's worse than Trump. Israel itself is not bad, and Israeli people are not bad, and Jewish people are not bad, but the current government of Israel and the people that make it up are pretty much the worst fuckers on earth, and they've managed to successfully convince a lot of people that any criticism of them is criticism of the above mentioned not-bad things.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

gently caress!

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

cochise posted:

With Trump in the WH, yes.

I hope Likud never recovers from this fiasco.

Who am I kidding? :(

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

In all fairness, it sounds like Israeli is simply making defensive moves. But I wouldn't put it past them to provoke an attack by the Iranians to justify getting the US involved.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Crows Turn Off posted:

There are lots of executive decisions that Obama made that positively impacting the lives of many people, a lot of which Trump has been rolling back since he took office, like women's health directives, protections for homosexuals and transgendered persons, and an indeterminate amount of environmental changes. Despite ACA being what it is, it also helped a lot of regular people, many of whom are worse off now

A list of a lot more great things that Trump has been undoing: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/08/24/what-trump-has-undone/.

Obama administration officials also promulgated and interpreted rules which had the effect of strengthening labor protections, cracking down on housing discrimination, and reducing carbon emissions, the latter of which is probably the single biggest deal in terms of net suffering caused or ameliorated over time.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

PT6A posted:

Ya probably. They're currently run by pretty much the only democratic leader in the world who's worse than Trump. Israel itself is not bad, and Israeli people are not bad, and Jewish people are not bad, but the current government of Israel and the people that make it up are pretty much the worst fuckers on earth, and they've managed to successfully convince a lot of people that any criticism of them is criticism of the above mentioned not-bad things.

Nah, the idea of a picnic in Israel is to camp out on top of a hill with your good buds and a pair of binoculars and watch Palestinian protesters get shot

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Turns out the Zionists are going to screw everyone, not because they control the NWO, just because they are dicks.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Charliegrs posted:

In all fairness, it sounds like Israeli is simply making defensive moves. But I wouldn't put it past them to provoke an attack by the Iranians to justify getting the US involved.

With Bibi they could very well be just making poo poo up.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Chances of Netanyahu dropping a very small bomb on an isolated part of the region and using that as a pretext to get Trump to bomb Iran?

Totally Huge
Mar 10, 2006

Cold brew got me like...

College Slice
Taking a quick break from lurking for a *sniff* long period of time to say that Trump pronounces "America" just like Newt Gingrich and it pisses me off *sniff*.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Feldegast42 posted:

Nah, the idea of a picnic in Israel is to camp out on top of a hill with your good buds and a pair of binoculars and watch Palestinian protesters get shot

That's some sick poo poo, but there are Israeli citizens and Jewish people in general who are against Israel's actions in Occupied Palestine. Just like how even in the Trumpiest states of the US, there are people who hate Trump and what he stands for, even if they're outnumbered.

This is not to defend Trump supporters or the people you mention here, of course. They're human garbage, not because of who they are or where they were born, but because of what they do and the horrible beliefs they espouse.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Feldegast42 posted:

What are you trying to say here?

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

tecnocrat posted:

Chances of Netanyahu dropping a very small bomb on an isolated part of the region and using that as a pretext to get Trump to bomb Iran?

50/50. Israel might not even wait for American intervention before launching their own campaign.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Quorum posted:

Tell us more about the black voters and their false consciousness, Pevan :allears:

Who was the president that presided over the largest loss of black wealth and public sector, middle class jobs in history?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Mummy Xzibit posted:

What are you trying to say here?

War tourism is still a thing I guess?

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Peven Stan posted:

Who was the president that presided over the largest loss of black wealth and public sector, middle class jobs in history?

Jefferson Davis?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Peven Stan posted:

George W. Bush? :confused:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

tecnocrat posted:

Remember when they attacked that relief flotilla, in international waters, killing some and taking hostages? And how, afterwards, they released photos of weapons they 'seized' from the ships, to justify it, even though the photos they released were clearly doctored and I seem to recall even had like the wrong timestamps?

We don't have to wonder if Israel is capable of engaging in false flag attacks and other shady poo poo like that, because the answer is 'yes, because they have.' As to whether they will do it this time, who knows. I think a lot still might hinge on how the EU and Iran react to Trump's latest Trump.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Iran will pay for refusing to surrender to Israel.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I loving hate our Government and every single loving idiot inbred mother fucker that voted for this piece of poo poo. Honestly I never had this much hatred for Bush. I felt like at least with Bush he had "reasons" for doing what he did and came at it in a position of genuinely wanting to help people. Trump is just a burn it down piece of poo poo that wants to help only himself, his rich friends and loving Putin.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Peven Stan posted:

Bush.

Was this supposed to be a trick question or something? The African American unemployment rate was 12.7 when Obama took office, 7.8 when he left. It was 8.2 when Bush took office, and he left it at 12.7.

Xombie fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 8, 2018

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/993918760120737795?s=19

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
BBC claims he has decided.

Trump withdraws from deal
Trump: "It is clear to me that we cannot prevent an Iranian nuclear bomb under the decaying and rotten structure of the current agreement.

"The Iran deal is defective at its core. If we do nothing we know exactly what will happen."

He adds: "Therefore I am announcing today that the United States will withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal."

"We will be instituting the highest level of economic sanction. Any nation that helps Iran in its quest for nuclear weapons could also be strongly sanctioned by the United States."

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Carecat posted:

"We will be instituting the highest level of economic sanction. Any nation that helps Iran in its quest for nuclear weapons could also be strongly sanctioned by the United States."

Unless it's Russia, then the sanctions are probably not necessary at this time!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Carecat posted:

BBC claims he has decided.

Trump withdraws from deal
Trump: "It is clear to me that we cannot prevent an Iranian nuclear bomb under the decaying and rotten structure of the current agreement.

"The Iran deal is defective at its core. If we do nothing we know exactly what will happen."

He adds: "Therefore I am announcing today that the United States will withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal."

Claims? It was on a live stream all over the internet aswell as tv I presume.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Now is the time for every other country to give the bird to trump and help Iran.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Well just to be helpful they didn't include anything other than the text quote.

The last part reads like it is aimed at the EU, who will probably tell him to take a hike.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Iran should have nuclear weapons.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What a dumb piece of poo poo.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Charliegrs posted:

"We are building up troops on the border to protect from an attack, not to invade" has been the cover story for drat near every troop build up prior to an invasion.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Ogmius815 posted:

Under what statute should they have been charged?

Like, this is really incredible. You think that a bunch of DoJ lawyers should have been put in prison because they were wrong about the law (in your opinion). That’s pretty vicious.
They used their technical knowledge of our legal framework to enable the Bush administration to circumvent the law. They undermined the rule of law, and while that alone should not mean you lose the protection of the law in the first place, if I have to prioritize who gets that protection and who does not, they're going to be a pretty low priority. And to be clear, we already have lots of people in this country who are effectively outside the protection of the law, and don't deserve it, so if nothing else I'd swap those people for Bush's lawyers. Let's have some cops shoot to death former members of the Bush administration at a routine traffic stop, and escape prosecution.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Peven Stan posted:

Franklin Delano Roosevelt when adjusted.

George W. Bush for absolute measures.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Siljmonster posted:

Iran should have nuclear weapons.

The best ones, the dangerous ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xae posted:

"We are building up troops on the border to protect from an attack, not to invade" has been the cover story for drat near every troop build up prior to an invasion.

who are they invading

• Locked thread