Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I got distracted by another game and stopped playing Hellblade for a month and a half so I don’t remember what happened, so now I have to start from the beginning. And I know that as soon as I do I’ll start remembering stuff so I won’t have that “new game and everything’s new and exciting” feeling for a while till I get to the point I stopped at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I want to add more songs to my work playlist but wifi is down.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
UPS mangled the hell out of the package they delivered today.

The stuff inside was fine as none of it was delicate but...gently caress. The box is ugly as hell. It's scrunched up like an accordion and they seemed to give no shits that the contents could have been damaged.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
My physician changed my birth control, and now I have a lovely new symptom that is vaguely painful.
Bonus that it could also be a symptom of pregnancy :smithicide:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ToxicSlurpee posted:

UPS mangled the hell out of the package they delivered today.

they seemed to give no shits that the contents could have been damaged.

I work for FedEx and can confirm this is 99% of the mindset

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

I work for FedEx and can confirm this is 99% of the mindset

More like oldcareless

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Protip: never ship anything

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
We're getting a new boss this year and it sucks because I like my current boss, but we'll be doubling staff size and the poor dude is so overworked now.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

Protip: never ship anything

I've literally never had any problems with FedEx. The one time the USPS damaged something in shipment they attached an apology to it and said to let them know if there were any issues.

UPS is a steaming pile of poo poo that I've had nothing but trouble with. I wish Amazon let me pick who did the shipping because if it's UPS there's a pretty good chance they'll gently caress something up. FedEx? Not so much.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Cowslips Warren posted:

We're getting a new boss this year and it sucks because I like my current boss, but we'll be doubling staff size and the poor dude is so overworked now.

Will the new boss be replacing the old one or working alongside him? It sounds like they may be trying to save him being so overworked if it's the latter.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Somehow, my daughter got yogurt in my hair, without me noticing. I just peeled dried yogurt off of my scalp.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

BioEnchanted posted:

Will the new boss be replacing the old one or working alongside him? It sounds like they may be trying to save him being so overworked if it's the latter.

They're splitting the district in two, so I won't see my old boss again as my boss.

edit: my friend, who has been growing more and more distant, did tell me the last round of not-fertility drugs but some kind of pill for her PCOS that is supposed to help her get pregnant, didn't take. And part of me wants to scream at her, because she has KNOWN she has this since age 15, her mom has it, and still she wanted to wait to have kids until she was married and settled down, not counting on the fact she married a dude she met on WoW, her husband is a huge manchild who would not keep a job, they'd get separated and him kicked out, and now that they have a house and things look good, she's in her mid 30's and freaking out. It's like, she told me once she would never ever have kids unless she married a man (she is bisexual, or was until she told me she is actually asexual?) so she had to wait till she found one to marry, and....if you knew you had a timeline with fertility, you can't wait till most people have issues with it already?

Oh, and adoption is off the table. Fostering is off the table. She has always had a dream of having her own, so if you even mention adoption she loses her poo poo.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 19:50 on May 6, 2018

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
My city doesn't have any good bookstores. There's a Christian bookstore, and a creepy new-age woo woo used bookstore. And a full-price local authors and childrens bookstore. The college bookstore just started sorting their entire stock by author instead of subject, making it impossible to browse.

I never thought i would say it, but I miss Hastings.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
A shirt that I was 100% fine running in last week now chafed me quite hard. What the actual gently caress, shirt? Betrayal! :argh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mikl posted:

A shirt that I was 100% fine running in last week now chafed me quite hard. What the actual gently caress, shirt? Betrayal! :argh:

That's why I'm happy to have a hairy chest.

Also I don't run.
Or exercise.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Wear some pasties under your shirt then, but make sure the tassels are tasteful

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

kreyla posted:

a creepy new-age woo woo used bookstore

My fwp is that there isn't one of those around here.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm almost certain reading must be illegal where I live because there aren't any bookstores for miles. There's a mall by me, but it doesn't even have a big box chain bookstore like Barnes and Nobles like every other mall out there.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I am sick and want some Dayquil but all I have is Nyquil

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

Wear some pasties under your shirt then, but make sure the tassels are tasteful

It's not my nipples, thank god; it chafed around my neck and my armpit area.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

twoday posted:

I am sick and want some Dayquil but all I have is Nyquil

You're about to play a game of spirit and endurance.
God speed.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've randomly got back into a game I enjoyed (Slime Rancher), but while the game has been added with new stuff since I last played, all it does is improves the core slime-ranching setup that I already have pretty much finished. There's really nothing else to do :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I woke up with my sinuses absolutely hosed. I feel really sick but can't stay home.

Maybe it's allergies being deveoped now that I'm in my 30s? Either way this whole situation can suck my farts.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm in the middle of a week-long business trip. It's loving up my diet and exercise plan something fierce.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ordered a smart TV for my mom for mother's day. Had it sent to work. Did not have a chance to tell the manager on duty I was expecting a box. So when it came from an unknown carrier, they refused it. Now I can't get the box redirected to my house and am trying to get another one ordered, but a signature is needed, and I can't send it to work again, and loving Amazon won't tell me what shipper they will use.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mikl posted:

I'm in the middle of a week-long business trip. It's loving up my diet and exercise plan something fierce.

I neat life hack to make sure your routine never gets messed up:

Never diet or exercise.
Just roll from place to place with a vacant stare.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

loving Jetlag.
Flown back to Australia from visiting family in the UK and I'm struggling to get back into Aussie time for sleep.
I'm waking up after about 3 hours sleep and not getting back to sleep until the sun is up and then sleeping until early afternoon, or forcing myself up and spending the day as a loving zombie. No matter how tired I am when I go to bed at midnight I either doze for a few hours or just not sleep.
I have things to do ffs.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

I woke up with my sinuses absolutely hosed. I feel really sick but can't stay home.

Maybe it's allergies being deveoped now that I'm in my 30s? Either way this whole situation can suck my farts.

Same thing, I got some weird horrible allergy to some pollen or dust or who knows what in my late 20s so I take 2 prescription nasal sprays and now I’m good. Both are generic.

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here
Getting my name changed is a pain in the rear end but I've wanted to do it literally my entire life (because my legal name is one letter off from being a common name, so people think I misspelled my own drat name). :rip:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
"We appreciate having you here."

I don't work for appreciation I work for money. I am underpaid.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Judas Horse posted:

Getting my name changed is a pain in the rear end but I've wanted to do it literally my entire life (because my legal name is one letter off from being a common name, so people think I misspelled my own drat name). :rip:

I always wonder what people like you feel. Poor Kharringtyn- McKhynleigh Khaybryn Sparks will be in the same boat soon. E: also apparently her sister, Khayleigh-Huntyr Madisyn, but not her brother, Casey.

Content: forgot my phone in the car. Car park is a 5 min walk and 3 flights up the stairs away. I am out of shape and lazy, and was already in my pajamas. It is also extremely late at night. Needless to say, I am very upset.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:25 on May 11, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I need to go to vape shop but I want to play with my new computer. :qq:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I just had to ring a lady and tell her that her cat was brought in dead to us and she cried over the phone so I feel like a monster now.

Also I had an eyelash in my eye while I was restraining a dog for kennel cough and it took all my willpower not to start swearing about it in front of the client. lovely little organic razor blades!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I ended up going to vape shop but my uber was 8 minutes late.

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here

Thin Privilege posted:

I always wonder what people like you feel. Poor Kharringtyn- McKhynleigh Khaybryn Sparks will be in the same boat soon. E: also apparently her sister, Khayleigh-Huntyr Madisyn, but not her brother, Casey.

My mom said if I were born a boy she would've named me Corin Albium. :( No one gets away without a lovely name. Except my sister Ariel, whose name is fine, just cursed because The Little Mermaid came out like 6 months after she was born.

I feel extremely bad for those Mormon kids whose parents could only have fun by giving them bad names like that though. Mine's just one letter wrong, theirs is like "get blackout drunk and try to say a list of the most popular white names" wrong.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Things dog ownership does not prepare you for: the world's shittiest Easter egg hunt.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I was on break at work at a set of 4 empty picnic tables and this mom and her kid decides they had to sit with me rather than at any of the empty tables. They would. Not. Stop. Talking. Repeating the same sentences over and over and constantly complaining about everything they could think of.

I don't understand that there's so many people that can't seem to function without making noise every waking second of their lives.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

I don't understand that there's so many people that can't seem to function without making noise every waking second of their lives.

Jfc this. I recently bought noise blocking headphones because my downstairs neighbors' default volume is shrieking and/or squealing. They're college girls and oh so full of joy about life and drinking and I loving hate them.

It makes me feel like an old curmudgeon.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Judas Horse posted:

My mom said if I were born a boy she would've named me Corin Albium. :( No one gets away without a lovely name. Except my sister Ariel, whose name is fine, just cursed because The Little Mermaid came out like 6 months after she was born.

I feel extremely bad for those Mormon kids whose parents could only have fun by giving them bad names like that though. Mine's just one letter wrong, theirs is like "get blackout drunk and try to say a list of the most popular white names" wrong.

It was annoying enough to me when I had to tell people “my (ex) husbands name is [name] with a ‘y’”. And he was born way before the “add a ‘y’ to your kids name.” I guess he was one of the first. Poor guy. .... he also wants to name his theoretical son [his name] jr. —e or maybe it was [his name] II.

Unfortunately it’s not Homyr Jr. The kids can’t call him HoJu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I have a really, really stubborn drain clog that doesn't seem to want to let up. Soon as I think I have it cleared the drain is being slow or plugged again a week later.