Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Over There posted:

Is Star Citizen coming to the Switch?

Is it coming to anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Lobster posted:

Gunpei Yokoi. Miyamoto was probably still in high school or something.
poo poo!
Feck!

But this was what my nephew left on my piano while I was pissing. I already told him it was cool if he wanted to draw on the RC car and fishing pole we built. He knows me too well. He's also played way too much Mario Kart with me.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

It's the best one on the SNES, true. But it is not as good as:

OoT
MM
LBW
WW
LA

And BOTW

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

here we go

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
i want the gamecubes and the gbas not the neses!!! im so steamed!! im sure theyll come eventually tho. i really wanna mario sunshine, paper mario, rogue squadron, golden sun, minish cap, advance wars

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
If a hat in time comes out for the switch I think I might buy it again. I had a blast with it.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Over There posted:

If a hat in time comes out for the switch I think I might buy it again. I had a blast with it.

Didn’t they say it won’t?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Didn’t they say it won’t?

Did they? Crap that sucks.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

my new dog posted:

i want the gamecubes and the gbas not the neses!!! im so steamed!! im sure theyll come eventually tho. i really wanna mario sunshine, paper mario, rogue squadron, golden sun, minish cap, advance wars

:agreed:

Also Tony Hawk Pro skater 2 or 3 please

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

LionArcher posted:

:agreed:

Also Tony Hawk Pro skater 2 or 3 please

Weren't the N64 versions of the THPS games not very good? Or have I heard wrong?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BOTW is probably the only 3D Zelda I would put on the same level as ALttP. The others are good but not as good imo

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

SpacePig posted:

Weren't the N64 versions of the THPS games not very good? Or have I heard wrong?

The ones on N64 were trash, but THPS3 was on Gamecube and was quite good.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I played the hell out of Tony Hawk on my GBC. That was fun.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
BotW would have been the goat if they added some dark caves to explore

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Touhou Kabuto Battle Burst is aggressively not interested in explaining things. No tutorial, you just get a short text cut scene and then are kicked into the first fight. I don't know if it's possible to block. Or save.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Reality Loser posted:

BotW would have been the goat if they added some dark caves to explore

It was missing Draugr

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Or pause. Or center the camera.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Manky posted:

Really sort of a tangent but wrt to a $40 walgreens tablet, if you actually want a good cheap one I earnestly recommend the amazon kindle fire hd 8 or 10. They go on sale pretty frequently; there isn't much amazon bloat on them, they're pretty snappy overall; you can disable the alexa poo poo; and it's easy to install the google play store and youtube and so forth (emulators, baybee and those 8bitdo controllers pair right up) without having to root them. I love my 8 as a companion to my switch

Nice! I was just using that tablet comparison to bitch. I do overall like my switch a lot, and it’s better to have it now while they build its core than for them to have waited years to release it.

That being said, I’m really stoked to see Smash at E3 and if its online is half decent I can seriously see this becoming my go to multiplayer console.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Welp, Touhou Kabuto Battle Burst is terrible, but at least it only takes twenty minutes to beat the story

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Touhou Kabuto Battle Burst is aggressively not interested in explaining things. No tutorial, you just get a short text cut scene and then are kicked into the first fight. I don't know if it's possible to block. Or save.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think a monkeys paw is responsible for the Touhou console games. I have no other explanation for why they can't release a simple bullet hell shmup.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Here's what you all asked for, worse-Shiren the Wanderer starring Reimu. Or how about lovely Scarlet Mansion Diablo?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Not Operator posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think a monkeys paw is responsible for the Touhou console games. I have no other explanation for why they can't release a simple bullet hell shmup.
I dunno who “they” is, but Zun seems to still be holding on to some of his ideals about PC indie gaming, even if he’s allowing secondary works to be on consoles.

Edit: if actual Shiren was on the Switch I wouldn’t be playing Mysterious Gensokyo but it’s not so I am. I don’t think that situation is going to change before Lotus Labyrinth is released.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 8, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno who “they” is, but Zun seems to still be holding on to some of his ideals about PC indie gaming, even if he’s allowing secondary works to be on consoles.

Yeah, I didn't know where to point fingers. Zun or the publishers/developers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, it's possible to beat Touhou Kabuto Burst Battle as the second character without dying once by just walking in a circle and randomly pressing your attack buttons

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I just watched a trailer for the Touhou game and can someone explain to me why they're calling it a bullet hell game?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I just watched a trailer for the Touhou game and can someone explain to me why they're calling it a bullet hell game?
I guess just because the original Touhou games are bullet hells so they need to keep the cred?

edit: even if Shiren or another "original" Mysterious Dungeon game was on the Switch I would still probably buy the next Mysterious Gensokyo game because drat it, I like beating up fairies and moon rabbits and stuff with a wiffle ball bat.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 9, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Yikes, that game does look awful. Kirby Star Allies final boss is more 'bullet hell' than that.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'd consider getting Blazblue CTB's special edition if I could get it with my amazon discount since it comes with the DLC pass, but $100 through Arc-sys' site is a bit much.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE loving MOON posted:

Yikes, that game does look awful. Kirby Star Allies final boss is more 'bullet hell' than that.

It's a shame because the story and character interactions are cute. And the final boss is genuinely scary to a degree most horror games can't achieve.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I'd consider getting Blazblue CTB's special edition if I could get it with my amazon discount since it comes with the DLC pass, but $100 through Arc-sys' site is a bit much.

From what I understand the collector's edition does not actually come with the season pass in the US, so it's probably a bit much either way.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Best $20 dollar game digitally for the Switch? I have Stardew and golf story and Celeste already

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Zinkraptor posted:

From what I understand the collector's edition does not actually come with the season pass in the US, so it's probably a bit much either way.

Huh, youre right. Its weird that its only part of it in the japanese version.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

LionArcher posted:

Best $20 dollar game digitally for the Switch? I have Stardew and golf story and Celeste already

Definitely under £20 - Necrodancer, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Flinthook, Shantae and the Pirates Curse, A Robot Named Fight, Night in the Woods

Maybe over I dunno - Shantae: Half Genie Hero, Shovel Knight

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

LionArcher posted:

Get Steamworld Dig 2

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

goferchan posted:

Get Steamworld Dig 2

Also have that and the Zelda clone blossom tales. Is sonic good?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

LionArcher posted:

Also have that and the Zelda clone blossom tales. Is sonic good?

It's pretty. It's the best one since the original 3, possibly better

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I got a robot named fight and am enjoying it a lot. It's a shameless Metroid knockoff mashed up with how binding of Isaac does the unlocks, and it works pretty well most of the time.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

LionArcher posted:

Fast RMX is a good f-zero-like if you like those

Spellman
May 31, 2011

This greasy game actually came out this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwNKd7XQDLo

It makes me laugh, so I hope it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Spellman posted: