Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

MalleusDei posted:

LOL, look at this fuckin' guy. We'll be lucky to get back to the playoffs my dude. We made some good moves, but I don't think getting rid of Richard was one of them, and the coaching staff that we brought in doesn't look great. People seem happy with the draft, but if our O-line hasn't made huge improvements in the off season (LOL) it's still going to be Wilson running for his life every loving play. I mean, go Hawks, but let's be realistic.

I agree making the playoffs will likely take some fortune, but the OL is likely to improve substantially from last year.

Seattle replaced Cable, arguably the worst OL coach, with somebody who is not the worst OL coach.
They traded for Duane Brown, a great LT.
They have a bunch of young guys who are hitting years 2-4, right when they should be peaking.

It's not unreasonable to think the O-line could improve. Especially when they (before the Brown trade) were basically as bad as an OL could be. They had nowhere to go but up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

1 like = 1 child saved from cancer by the 12th man

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lol a modern 49ers fan just said irrationally supportive

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

MalleusDei posted:

LOL, look at this fuckin' guy. We'll be lucky to get back to the playoffs my dude. We made some good moves, but I don't think getting rid of Richard was one of them, and the coaching staff that we brought in doesn't look great. People seem happy with the draft, but if our O-line hasn't made huge improvements in the off season (LOL) it's still going to be Wilson running for his life every loving play. I mean, go Hawks, but let's be realistic.

LWB knows nothing but undying devotion to the Seahawks. In his eyes they can do no wrong. They are the best an most perfect team ever.

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Seahawks are getting 11 to 13 wins dick bags. Our run game is gonna be a powerhouse. Jimmy garappolo is trash , Jared goff is a pumpkin and lol at the Cardinals. Its the Seahawks division deal with it

SEA-

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol a modern 49ers fan just said irrationally supportive

Game recognize game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:hai:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My favorite 12th man memory is going to the Mariners opening day after the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, and it was filled with people wearing Seahawks jerseys. They were just there to watch Russell Wilson throw out the first pitch then a bunch of "SEA - HAWKS" chants started, then half the people left before the actual game started. They just wanted to see Russell and bought a ticket to a baseball game to do it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Can't wait to see how Brian Schottenheimer underutilizes Russel Wilson

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

Can't wait to see how Brian Schottenheimer underutilizes Russel Wilson

“Stay within the structure of the play, 3!”

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

My favorite 12th man memory is going to the Mariners opening day after the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, and it was filled with people wearing Seahawks jerseys. They were just there to watch Russell Wilson throw out the first pitch then a bunch of "SEA - HAWKS" chants started, then half the people left before the actual game started. They just wanted to see Russell and bought a ticket to a baseball game to do it.

I mean, it's the Mariners, do you blame them?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
its gonna own when Schotty schemes RWBS into being him dumping off to guys in the flat instead of Doug Baldwin, who somehow always starts the play 80 yards downfield

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
50% of the plays that are being installed into the Seattle offense are Russell Wilson naked bootlegging directly into a defensive end

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

its gonna own when Schotty schemes RWBS into being him dumping off to guys in the flat instead of Doug Baldwin, who somehow always starts the play 80 yards downfield

Spookily plausible.

Praying that Russ just ignores Schotty and delivers some caliente RWBS magic every play.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
Michael Dickson is going to win special teams player of the year and lead the seahawks to the playoffs. Probably oroty and droty too.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I agree making the playoffs will likely take some fortune, but the OL is likely to improve substantially from last year.

Seattle replaced Cable, arguably the worst OL coach, with somebody who is not the worst OL coach.
They traded for Duane Brown, a great LT.
They have a bunch of young guys who are hitting years 2-4, right when they should be peaking.

It's not unreasonable to think the O-line could improve. Especially when they (before the Brown trade) were basically as bad as an OL could be. They had nowhere to go but up.

100% agree on Cable, glad to see him go. I was ambivalent on Bevell, but not sorry to see him go. I don't know if Schottenheimer is an improvement.

Hopefully Penny is good, but even if he is, we don't have a lot of receiving threats outside of Baldwin, so a good defense might be able to shut us down by selling out against the run, and hoping their secondary can shut down the passing game.

If we sneak in on a wildcard as #2 in the division, I'll be pretty happy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Happy Handsome QB Day

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/993892586799714305

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

I like this new era where I have divisional opponents to despise rather than pity

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Arlington Heights sounds like a breeding ground for Illinois nazis.

Manoueverable posted:

I mean, it's the Mariners, do you blame them?

I'm laughing at the idea that you need to be a TRUE FAN and see Russell Wilson whenever you can including buying baseball tickets (remember, opening day is always more expensive) just to get a glance of him then leaving.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

I'm laughing at the idea that you need to be a TRUE FAN and see Russell Wilson whenever you can including buying baseball tickets (remember, opening day is always more expensive) just to get a glance of him then leaving.

But Jimmy G looks to swarthy for Nazi's to get behind.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Meet the dapper white QB riding the 49ers bandwagon wave.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Blaine Gabbert is the QB the alt-right wants and deserves.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

Blaine Gabbert is the QB the alt-right wants and deserves.

Whoa there motherfucker

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

seiferguy posted:

It's an unwritten rule that any location in the US named Arlington will be mostly white and exurban/rural.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Freakazoid_ posted:

It's an unwritten rule that any location in the US named Arlington will be mostly white and exurban/rural.

What about Arlington, VA?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

seiferguy posted:

It's mostly traffic and donut joints. Also there's a race track every local company takes their employees on outings so they can get drunk during work hours.

The Nazi suburb is probably Schaumburg.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If Seahawks sign Brandon Marshall they might have the best WR Corps In football. Doug Baldwin, Tyler Lockett, Brandon Marshall, and Jaron Brown.Throw in a couple of guys poised for a breakout like Amara Darboh and Tanner McEvoy the NFCW won't know what hit them

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

drat dude your posting is like season 7 of the office now. It's just sad. You either die a quality shitposter or you live long enough to see yourself hyping up a 45 year old Brandon Marshall

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I guess replacing Lord Waffle Beard with DaFrugalGamer is equivalent of replacing Steve Carrell with James Spader.

Nov 6, 2002

It's more like when Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher left that 70's Show and they kept it going.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Dude is 34 years old and just had a 1500 yard season, not his fault he was on the worlds shittiest Giants team.

49ers fans win a few games at the end of the year and start talking poo poo again. Its gonna be hilarious once The Garappolo Mistake reveals itself. 49ers fans continue to be the biggest retards of all time

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's really only one 49ers fan doing all the poo poo talking, and he's not being serious. The garoppolo love-fest is a schtick. It's terrible that :thejoke: has to be explained here.

Even more terrible is the level of self-own you're producing. "The best WR corps in football" oh my god.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
drat dude your posting is like the last 4 seasons of the 49ers now. It's just sad. You die a 49ers fan and you live long enough to see yourself hyping up a 26 year old Jimmy Garappolo with as many interceptions as he has touchdowns

Nov 6, 2002

12 != 5

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Dude is 34 years old

lol

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

It's really only one 49ers fan doing all the poo poo talking, and he's not being serious. The garoppolo love-fest is a schtick. It's terrible that :thejoke: has to be explained here.

Even more terrible is the level of self-own you're producing. "The best WR corps in football" oh my god.

You're a retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

I guess replacing Lord Waffle Beard with DaFrugalGamer is equivalent of replacing Steve Carrell with James Spader.

Ouch.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This is just like that moment from that situational comedy I watch. Bahahaha

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Whats the term for trolling yourself

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Spoeank posted:

Whats the term for trolling yourself

Moderating

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about the NFL, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the 49ers signing Richard Sherman, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the Seahawks' future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Richard Sherman. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Richard Sherman is a 49er. He killed the Legion of Boom. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Richard Sherman. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about our secondary and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Richard Sherman as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to being a shutdown corner without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw football as a means to an end. He was in it for trolling Tom Brady. He was dedicated to being the best cornerback he could be, and it showed on the field.

I wanted to troll San Francisco since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in the Castro district when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to San Francisco to get drunk in bars and make fun of 49ers fans was a bad idea. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be that guy was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Richard Sherman in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a Superbowl MVP. He couldn't play man. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was loud. He was tall. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation CB. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest cornerbacks in history. By 40 years-old.

Richard Sherman was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end up in San Francisco the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like Shaquille Griffin, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice on the field, and that that same man could don a red jersey only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Pete, and not for the LOB.

Richard Sherman owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Sundays and Thursdays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Richard Sherman is a 49er. And he will die a 49er. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backfield and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with red and gold.

Richard Sherman is a 49er. And I don't know how to accept that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Alcohol, OP. Lots of it.

Edit: between this dude's nervous breakdown over Sherman and DFG's meltdown, I'm pretty sure NFC West gives you brainworms.

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 10, 2018

• Locked thread