Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

is this mulligan's suicide note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Usually Mulligan puts more effort into leaving the character with "no choice but to do the bad thing", in this case he didn't bother and Patrick just kills both his parents because he's a cock? I guess? :shrug:

e: On the other hand, well, you can't say that was easy to predict

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

hahaha

This is so bad. He wants so hard to write serious emotional drama. I love it.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

My perfect Lord Boy.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Patrick is going to rewrite his own brain into that poo poo in the first part of the chapter shortly, keep your pants on

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Going back to the cartoon characters living in Patrick's head after this is going to be a treat.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait

But why would you even

what is even the point

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Everyone will remember today as the day that Lord House turned its head and acknowledged the 4th wall's existence for the first time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He's literally crying comical anime tears. This is hilarious.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I want to see what Alison thinks of all this. Perhaps she got bored and wandered off?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah the anime tears thing used to be worse, that's one of the few things I think the artist actually responded to critique about and improved.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think it's the perfect time for this comic to discuss gun control.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thumb gun

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
The comment section can’t tell that it’s Patrick grabbing the gun :lol:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Can you really blame them? The detailed background is awfully distracting, after all.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

SoupyTwist posted:

The comment section can’t tell that it’s Patrick grabbing the gun :lol:

Well, the action is poorly conveyed.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Why any of this

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
As it turns out the reason why he can't read his own mind is because he mind-controlled himself to be unable to. If you have trouble parsing that, it's because it makes about as much sense as the rest of the arc

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

How in the hell did she pull that trigger?

With her thumb?

That gun and her pose are the laziest this comic's art has ever been, because this is supposed to be a climactic moment of drama and she's just sort of holding it out in a ridiculous manner and apparently shooting herself in the sternum? And there are a million stock poses for 'shooting oneself.'

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Typical Pubbie posted:

Well, the action is poorly conveyed.

Yeah, i thought he was handing her the gun and she did it herself.

Also, motherfucker, pick up a loving prop gun or squirt gun or something to use as an art reference because the human hand doesn't work that way.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
This is loving stupid. This entire sequence of events is so poorly set up I'm almost certain these panels were drawn a hour before it was uploaded.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
This is the most intensely plodding adventure through a person's mindscape I've ever witnessed

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
I thought she was using the last bit of free will that she did to off herself when I read it.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Joe Slowboat posted:

How in the hell did she pull that trigger?

With her thumb?
yeah u know just a little ahn-kee ahn-kee like a bike horn.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Yeah, i thought he was handing her the gun and she did it herself.

Also, motherfucker, pick up a loving prop gun or squirt gun or something to use as an art reference because the human hand doesn't work that way.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

wowza

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

gets me every time

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I admit I do not understand who’s holding the gun in that one panel and then who shot Lord Mom

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Calaveron posted:

I admit I do not understand who’s holding the gun in that one panel and then who shot Lord Mom
we, the audience, are the real monsters here

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Because based from skin tone and sleeves that's Lord Boy Man holding the gun but then mom's holding the gun in an incredibly awkward position to shoot herself with

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Wait is that the cartridge?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I just want to say that this really speaks to mulliagans message totally: "gently caress YOU MOM AND DAD I MOVED OUT TO CALIFORNIA WITH THAT ENGLISH DEGREE AND NOW I AM FAMOUS gently caress YOU!!!!!!"

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Axe-man posted:

I just want to say that this really speaks to mulliagans message totally: "gently caress YOU MOM AND DAD I MOVED OUT TO CALIFORNIA WITH THAT ENGLISH DEGREE AND NOW I AM FAMOUS gently caress YOU!!!!!!"
he speaks for us all

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Depending on how you classify its villains the comic is batting 1000 for bad guys who murdered their parents.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

PetraCore posted:

Wait is that the cartridge?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i-nMWgBUp0&t=18s

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well, once again Molly and Brenan deliver on the dramatic punchline. This is a memory worthy of Patrick warping his own psyche around needing to forget what it is to even feel for another person. This is the emotional association Patrick has with loving affection; compelling his own mother into suicide as she proclaims her love for him. this explains why Lord Boy was determined to kill the person he associated with loving caring strength if her existence meant potentially unlocking this memory again. This would scar anyone, and Patrick more so as he literally felt her love in a tangible sense as she shot herself. He didn't think he was lying when he said he can't control people's minds, no to acknowledge that power is a step towards remembering this. Lord Boy quarantined this in the wilderness behind a wall, and than enforced strict discipline among his people to make sure they never went beyond the wall. He also exiled the aspect of Patrick's identity that forms his emotional core beyond the wall, making sure it didn't influence his actual decision making just to ensure that he didn't accidentally come closer to this memory. To put it another way "nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure".

I am forever amazed that Molly and Brenan manage to deliver on the incredibly high moral and emotional stakes they set for themselves in this comic, I tip my hat to them as this was a master class delivery even for this comic.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
source your quotes is there a reddit or tumblr post or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Axe-man posted:

source your quotes is there a reddit or tumblr post or something?
it's from my tumblr

• Locked thread