Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I wouldn’t have put it past Nintendo to strip out single player for these games and force you to use their online multi to play Mario 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cool tweet from @9_volt88.

i hate him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

They clarified you don't need to be online to use the Switch NES games.

Phew

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
noting down everyone doubting Nintendo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

McCarthy had the right idea, he was just focused on the wrong group.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Baxate posted:

I wouldn’t have put it past Nintendo to strip out single player for these games and force you to use their online multi to play Mario 3

that doesn’t sound like Nintendo at all though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

some people have shown their true selves today and its ugly

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

First thing I did in Breath of the Wild was make sure you could climb the trees. Thank you, Mr. Miyamoto.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

we're all blessed to be among shiggy's trees

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Chrissy Teigen Nintendo Tweet Progression will end with her being a runner in AGDQ 2019

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

elf help book posted:

this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
How is 1/2 Genie Hero? I liked the 3DS Shantae (pirates curse?) and the art in this one is really pretty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not as good as Pirate's Curse but its enjoyable. The level's are fun enough but you're required to beat them all two times or more to finish the game, which feels a little like lame padding, and transformation upgrades just don't feel as cool as the pirate gear from PC.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

vs. smb is o ne of the best selling titles on the switch lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Well I was thinking about Shantae but I forgot Immortal Redneck comes out tonight so I'm getting that instead.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I wish they came out with a second octopath traveller demo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

elf help book posted:

Iwata is looking down on all of you doubters today with sad eyes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The switch version of Pac Man CE2 continues to suck rear end!!!!

i play this thing on my commute most days but for some reason, you can't upload scores you set offline...this is the #8 score int he world right now but it doesn't count bc I did it in airplane mode. gently caress you bamco!!!!!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

In Training posted:

i play this thing on my commute most days but for some reason, you can't upload scores you set offline...this is the #8 score int he world right now but it doesn't count bc I did it in airplane mode. gently caress you bamco!!!!!

But think of all the other high scores that are also not being uploaded :thunk:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

But think of all the other high scores that are also not being uploaded :thunk:

no one else can possibly be that noob

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/994592992760619008 wow lmao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

OMG

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it really pisses me off, they couldve done this a year ago before MHW eclipsed everything about the old games and made this irrelevant

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

though itll still be really nice to have MH portable with good controls that dont cramp my hands lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

thats a shame. but if you can do it once you can do it twice

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

in dkcr and dkc tropical freeze, I like when the kongs stick their heads out of the barrels if you take a while to shoot, it's a cute touch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

thats a shame. but if you can do it once you can do it twice

thank you fo rthe support

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

though itll still be really nice to have MH portable with good controls that dont cramp my hands lol

Yesssss

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I am 99% nintendo said SNES games will be available for online multiplayer as well, because i remember the first thing i shouted to my friend was "kirby's dream course online!!!!''

In Training posted:

use your phone as a mobile hotspot

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I’m using my dsixl to play Chrono Trigger. Its the third time I’ve started it.. but this will be the time I finish it :redhammer:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Milkman posted:

I’m using my dsixl to play Chrono Trigger. Its the third time I’ve started it.. but this will be the time I finish it :redhammer:

don't do any of the extra dungeons becasue they're awful

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

mysterious loyall X posted:

don't do any of the extra dungeons becasue they're awful

This is wrong, and the extra dungeons have cool and good things. Also the regular dungeons.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

its curtains for Kevin posted:

This is wrong, and the extra dungeons have cool and good things. Also the regular dungeons.

It’s curtains for Kevin

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yesterday I got the expansion pass for the new Zelda. It’s a cute touch that the ravio hat lets you climb sideways faster like you’re 2d link. Tougher enemies and regenerating health also is a complete game changer and made the world fresh again. Finding shiny weapons in the floating octorok caches is a nice touch; fights would be really hard without those. Made my Zelda experience even better.

Traysi’s recommendation: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ween posted:

It’s curtains for Kevin

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ween posted:

It’s curtains for Kevin

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the extra dungeons are lazy garbage that are 100% reused assets and stuff cut from the original game + palette swaps of monsters. avoid!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time but no Ted Woolsey translation plus away extra dungeons makes me leary of playing the DS version

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

its curtains for Kevin posted:

kevin you dip poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
We’re talking about the bonus dungeons ‘dimensional vortex’ and that prehistoric one, right? Are these disliked or something? The idea of a shadow foil of each character with their doubts and fears followed by a fight seemed like neat content to me. It doesn’t reinvent the wheel but it’s an extra opportunity to enjoy the late game builds before Lavos.