Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

You're getting two weeks. Minimum.

At least it will be weeks, not months or years.

Bofast fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

trucutru posted:

I clicked on that poo poo and just found a forest of [removed]

Here you go, wait a little bit for the censored posts to show up.
https://www.ceddit.com/r/Games/comments/8hx2ui/star_citizens_new_moves_prioritize_sales_over/dyna8vt/

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Ghostlight posted:

You're getting two weeks. Minimum.

90 days tops.

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.
Question: If you were CIG, what would you do if you wanted to succeed from this point?

Here's my answer: a card game, based on the only successful game CIG has shipped. It would be called Perfect Fleet. You could buy a card for any ship or tonk or hoverbike or token that you own. It would be very much PTW, but that would not be stated. The cards would be beautiful and ornate, and would have a validation code that you could verify on a page as representing real, current ownership. They could sell carrying cases for the cards, with an exclusive ostrich-leather version for concierge. Maybe they could get a Prada logo on the Grand Admiral version.

The "LTI" cards would have an especially dramatic design, and would say "LTI, motherfucker" in ornate script, engraved with real gold foil.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
https://twitter.com/Accelerwraith/status/993897971438600192

You can tell this is credible because of the Old English font...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

CIG have between 14 and 90 days tops now. THIS IS IT THE ELE.

Im prepping catte jpegs and making sandwiches.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its weird how you guys are so obsessed with eels

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Grubby Hobo posted:

Question: If you were CIG, what would you do if you wanted to succeed from this point?

Here's my answer: a card game, based on the only successful game CIG has shipped. It would be called Perfect Fleet. You could buy a card for any ship or tonk or hoverbike or token that you own. It would be very much PTW, but that would not be stated. The cards would be beautiful and ornate, and would have a validation code that you could verify on a page as representing real, current ownership. They could sell carrying cases for the cards, with an exclusive ostrich-leather version for concierge. Maybe they could get a Prada logo on the Grand Admiral version.

The "LTI" cards would have an especially dramatic design, and would say "LTI, motherfucker" in ornate script, engraved with real gold foil.

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

That's wonderful.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Can someone please explain to me what the current controversy around "warbond LTIs" actually is? Every explanation I've read is riddled with jargon. What the hell is "melting?" As far as I can tell people who pay cash for some new ship get more stuff than people who use previously purchased game scrip?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Whoever made that Pinocchio av is a hero.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Amethyst posted:

Can someone please explain to me what the current controversy around "warbond LTIs" actually is? Every explanation I've read is riddled with jargon. What the hell is "melting?" As far as I can tell people who pay cash for some new ship get more stuff than people who use previously purchased game scrip?
Essentially LTIs are some gamebreaking feature that will be implemented anytime in this not-PTW game, and they are restricted on spaceships to only being available during the concept-sale (warbond). IE: if you buy when it's just a jpg then you get additional benefits if it ever becomes a spaceship.

"Melting" was one of the earlier rules CIG implemented to let early backers shuffle their money around what spaceships they wanted rather than making additional donations - so some idiot puts $100 in on the Argus Factory Ship and later on they release the Argus Refactory Ship which the idiot thinks is a better ship, so they 'melt' their Argus Factory Ship into $100 of store credit and buy the new Argus Refactory Ship. Essentially it meant that your purchase of $100 of CIG Development could be transferred between rewards, and you could melt multiple smaller purchases into a large one.
Since that doesn't actually generate revenue for CIG you now can't 'melt' previous purchases into the new rewards without taking a hit - to get the full nebulous and undefined benefits of a new jpg you have to put in new money.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

https://twitter.com/Accelerwraith/status/993897971438600192

You can tell this is credible because of the Old English font...

https://twitter.com/mjnairborne/status/994043763646451712

For clarification, I'd love to know who told him that.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Ghostlight posted:

Essentially LTIs are some gamebreaking feature that will be implemented anytime in this not-PTW game, and they are restricted on spaceships to only being available during the concept-sale (warbond). IE: if you buy when it's just a jpg then you get additional benefits if it ever becomes a spaceship.

"Melting" was one of the earlier rules CIG implemented to let early backers shuffle their money around what spaceships they wanted rather than making additional donations - so some idiot puts $100 in on the Argus Factory Ship and later on they release the Argus Refactory Ship which the idiot thinks is a better ship, so they 'melt' their Argus Factory Ship into $100 of store credit and buy the new Argus Refactory Ship. Essentially it meant that your purchase of $100 of CIG Development could be transferred between rewards, and you could melt multiple smaller purchases into a large one.
Since that doesn't actually generate revenue for CIG you now can't 'melt' previous purchases into the new rewards without taking a hit - to get the full nebulous and undefined benefits of a new jpg you have to put in new money.

Thank you.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bootcha posted:

https://twitter.com/mjnairborne/status/994043763646451712

For clarification, I'd love to know who told him that.

It would be really weird if CIG lied to a guy who bought a bunch of jpegs.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Now does this come with the Sperg forklift and Sperg Bomb Cart as well as a side mission box/bomb carrying mission to load it?

E: Also the three commandos. Are they NPC AI's or are they shipless backers that have to earn their way to freeplay after serving for X amount of hours in your service?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DapperDon posted:

Now does this come with the Sperg forklift and Sperg Bomb Cart as well as a side mission box/bomb carrying mission to load it?

E: Also the three commandos. Are they NPC AI's or are they shipless backers that have to earn their way to freeplay after serving for X amount of hours in your service?

yes to to all, always yes.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

STANBY

BREAKING

BREAKING STANDBY

Star Citizen bad.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I wonder how backers would spin turbulent suing CIG.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

one might say, game development can be turbulent

I bet Derek really misses the <blink> tag.

VictorianQueerLit posted:

It’s how do business.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grubby Hobo posted:

Go the full Kerberos and poo poo out a roguelike based on the ‘Lore’.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Instead of giving compelling reasons for why you would want to financially support the game, CIG hires the brightest Community Managers who argue that you can choose not to give them any money.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

I'm totally stealing that.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

Or a guy that bought a bunch of jpegs felt somehow *defensive* over this life choice.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

who? what company? did they even do anything for the project? seems like a moneygrab to me...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hav posted:

I bet Derek really misses the <blink> tag.

:lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bootcha posted:

my goon valor!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

Can we forceably refund and eject this joker?

Bumbler
Dec 17, 2005

CIG finally wised up after years of Turbulent leeching off their coffers and gave them an epic boot out the space-door. Those greedy bastards know CIG is sitting on a gold mine and want a piece of it so they can maintain the extravagant lifestyle they had grown accustomed to. It's the same as any gold-digging WOMAN after a divorce.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Scruffpuff posted:

So you're saying Star Citizen is a mockumentary of game development. This assertion checks out at every possible level.

But our funding tracker goes to 11

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol that reminded me I forgot to probate him for posting a meme as tax like a dozen pages ago.

Oh well.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

peter gabriel posted:

lol I forgot about using mouse wheel to walk faster, how do you swap weapons again?

Hold Crl-Alt-Z-?-1 and scroll mouse wheel. And for all things holy, don't hit the escape key.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dementropy posted:

CIG have been investigated multiple times by government agencies...

wait, what?

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?
Anyone know how much FDEV has made off of Elite at this point between PC/PS4/XBONE and selling cosmetics? I haven't paid much attention since I sold their stock 2 years ago just before the Brexit vote. Granted I made 5x the money off the sale of their stock than I've spent on Elite and I bought the $150 premium beta plus another $60 or so on cosmetics over the years. Not sure if it's $185M, but I'm willing to bet it is probably closer than most people think...

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Anyone know how much FDEV has made off of Elite at this point between PC/PS4/XBONE and selling cosmetics? I haven't paid much attention since I sold their stock 2 years ago just before the Brexit vote. Granted I made 5x the money off the sale of their stock than I've spent on Elite and I bought the $150 premium beta plus another $60 or so on cosmetics over the years. Not sure if it's $185M, but I'm willing to bet it is probably closer than most people think...

Is stock that easy to get into? I want to invest in something other than a jpeg one day

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

wait, what?

Sure the EPA IS a government agency, but all those trucks parked outside were simply due to what is now known as a "Lesnick Event"

Nothing to do with cash, let me assure you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

God drat it. I was about to make a snarky rear end reply till I scrolled back and looked at the date.

365 days tops!