Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CommieGIR posted:

Department of Labor is loosening child labor regs to allow teens to work full time jobs at 15 in hazardous environments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

CommieGIR posted:

Department of Labor is loosening child labor regs to allow teens to work full time jobs at 15 in hazardous environments.

It’s 2018, so I’m guessing you’re not joking.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

so a GOP hold then

Aside from Ojeda (who won his primary), Manchin is about as progressive as you're going to get in WV politics.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CommieGIR posted:

the rich need to expand the cheap labor pool since they're losing immigrants

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
double post wtf

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 9, 2018

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

BigDave posted:

For most of his stuff, sure, but I'm sure Cohen had to have realized at some point that he'd be the fall guy if anything was uncovered about Trump.

If he ever had two brain cells to rub together he has a safety deposit box in New England somewhere with enough evidence and recordings on Trump to bury him alive.

We're pretty much in full Gilded Age mode in terms of blatant federal corruption, and just like back then there's plenty of cover from Congress, the press, etc to make sure that only the occasional patsy gets hung up as an example while the rest keep soaking the public.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

FrozenVent posted:

It’s 2018, so I’m guessing you’re not joking.

It’s not April first gonna need a link on this.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Drain the swamp friends

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

My 1st round phone interview with MSF is on the 22nd...

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

lightpole posted:

Stay away from ODAs.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lightpole posted:

I hope Trump doesn't win that peace prize :ohdear:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oh good I was looking for a good roofer

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

How soon do we confirm KJU was actually brought to the table by a deal to complete, and TRUMP brand, the bigliest pyramid shaped hotel in all of east asia

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

shame on an IGA posted:

How soon do we confirm KJU was actually brought to the table by a deal to complete, and TRUMP brand, the bigliest pyramid shaped hotel in all of east asia

Brought in trump co to finish the place and he stays there on taxpayers dime

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

Oh good I was looking for a good roofer woofer :woof:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

lightpole posted:

Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were meant to do? I cheated death, thanks to you. And thanks to you I've left my mark. You have too - you've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Big Boss, and you are too... No... He's the two of us. Together. Where we are today? We built it. This story - this "legend" - it's ours. We can change the world - and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you, wherever you go. Thank you... my friend. From here on out, you're Big Boss.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

roof roof

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Not gonna post the whole thing or the link but my buddy just got hosed my USAA. Apparently they were fine with cashing his checks but paying out...ehhhhhhh

a hit and run driver blew a stop sign and came around the corner going up hill at a police estimated 50 MPH in a 15 mph area, driving through our driveway colliding into the vehicles parked there and on the lawn. Both trucks were pushed ten feet across the lawn. My roommate truck was totaled on impact. The force of his vehicle being hit forced truck into the side of my truck, totaling my truck as well. Police are still looking for the driver.
After filing a claim with USAA an hour and a half later, I was denied coverage 2 days later for a lack of comprehension and collision coverage, which was major big news for me. Apparently, when I bought my 2014 Ram in New York, I never received an inspection document sent by USAA that was required for me to maintain my Comprehension and collision coverage. I had purchased the Comp & Collision upon purchasing the truck, and had it when I drove off the lot. However, since USAA never received my inspection document, they dropped my collision and comprehensive coverage and made no attempt to call me to notify me that my coverage was dropped. They claim other paper attempts were made, but none were received. Well, USAA determined that my vehicle was a total loss and is only giving me $10,000 in uninsured motorist, from which they took all the towing, lot storage, and other trivial fees they were responsible for out of. So I will be getting approximately $9,000 towards the loan on my truck, which I still owe about $26,500. Due to this apparent lack of coverage, the gap insurance I pay for the truck was also denied, leaving me with a rather large difference I am responsible for.

I feel like something isnt quite right with this and he may actually need a lawyer.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 9, 2018

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I think you both need lawyers and shouldn't be discussing this publicly.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

drat, that sucks. I get the feeling USAA might only be obligated to pay back the difference in premiums between full and minimum coverage, which would only get him a couple thousand dollars back. And that’s if he was actually being charged for full coverage.

Suing the hit and run driver is probably the only real recourse.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 9, 2018

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
E: ^ Everything about that is infuriating. Lawyer up and best of luck.

mods change my name posted:

I'm glad Boeing got hosed

You realize that if Boeing starts struggling Airbus is next in line to pick up the slack, right?

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 9, 2018

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Godholio posted:

You realize that if Boeing starts struggling Airbus is next in line to pick up the slack, right?

I don't give a gently caress I hope all big companies crash, they are not good people or friends.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Godholio posted:

Theres also the Bombardier C-series comedy option.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
ITS THE FREE MARKET BABY

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I don't give a gently caress I hope all big companies crash, they are not good people or friends.

Crash is the appropriate term, given the subject. Like it or not, there are two real airlines competing for most of the business in the world. If I have to pick one, it's going to be the American one that employs people I know and makes products I consider superior to the foreign competition. :shrug:

That's not to say that I haven't said "What the gently caress Boeing?!?" on numerous occasions when I was flying on one of their planes regularly.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Godholio posted:

Crash is the appropriate term, given the subject. Like it or not, there are two real airlines competing for most of the business in the world. If I have to pick one, it's going to be the American one that employs people I know and makes products I consider superior to the foreign competition. :shrug:

That's not to say that I haven't said "What the gently caress Boeing?!?" on numerous occasions when I was flying on one of their planes regularly.

I mean it's a free market right

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It was until the government blocked those sales. :mad:

Edit: I'll usually join in when Boeing is actively trying to gently caress the .mil with a contract, or when they get busted doing shady poo poo. But this move is just a straight up loss for the US, and a bunch of average/little people are going to end up feeling it long before the execs. 100+ aircraft orders is a big loving deal.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I think you both need lawyers and shouldn't be discussing this publicly.

Man I'm just looking for advice for him since apparently his chain of command gives a gently caress. Besides I didnt use any identifying info and he's not on the forum.

Fallom posted:

drat, that sucks. I get the feeling USAA might only be obligated to pay back the difference in premiums between full and minimum coverage, which would only get him a couple thousand dollars back. And that’s if he was actually being charged for full coverage.

Suing the hit and run driver is probably the only real recourse.

The police told him they stopped looking for the perp since it was only property damage.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Godholio posted:

It was until the government blocked those sales. :mad:

Edit: I'll usually join in when Boeing is actively trying to gently caress the .mil with a contract, or when they get busted doing shady poo poo. But this move is just a straight up loss for the US, and a bunch of average/little people are going to end up feeling it long before the execs. 100+ aircraft orders is a big loving deal.

Like, I get how this sucks for the employees and possibly potential employees, but, you can't deny that a majority of these people probably voted for this poo poo

edit: and if you're concerned about the ~market~ and poo poo like that then you're part of the problem hth

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 9, 2018

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Like, I get how this sucks for the employees and possibly potential employees, but, you can't deny that a majority of these people probably voted for this poo poo

You gotta do what ya gotta do to own the libs

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Not gonna post the whole thing or the link but my buddy just got hosed my USAA. Apparently they were fine with cashing his checks but paying out...ehhhhhhh

a hit and run driver blew a stop sign and came around the corner going up hill at a police estimated 50 MPH in a 15 mph area, driving through our driveway colliding into the vehicles parked there and on the lawn. Both trucks were pushed ten feet across the lawn. My roommate truck was totaled on impact. The force of his vehicle being hit forced truck into the side of my truck, totaling my truck as well. Police are still looking for the driver.
After filing a claim with USAA an hour and a half later, I was denied coverage 2 days later for a lack of comprehension and collision coverage, which was major big news for me. Apparently, when I bought my 2014 Ram in New York, I never received an inspection document sent by USAA that was required for me to maintain my Comprehension and collision coverage. I had purchased the Comp & Collision upon purchasing the truck, and had it when I drove off the lot. However, since USAA never received my inspection document, they dropped my collision and comprehensive coverage and made no attempt to call me to notify me that my coverage was dropped. They claim other paper attempts were made, but none were received. Well, USAA determined that my vehicle was a total loss and is only giving me $10,000 in uninsured motorist, from which they took all the towing, lot storage, and other trivial fees they were responsible for out of. So I will be getting approximately $9,000 towards the loan on my truck, which I still owe about $26,500. Due to this apparent lack of coverage, the gap insurance I pay for the truck was also denied, leaving me with a rather large difference I am responsible for.

I feel like something isnt quite right with this and he may actually need a lawyer.

Had a similar issue with a friend of mine because USAA decided he was at fault and then he discovered his collision coverage was missing. Lucky (sort of) for him the body shop was ate up and repaired the thing before USAA actually made the coverage decision so now they're kinda the ones hosed because no one authorized them to conduct the repairs they did.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

psydude posted:

Stay away from ODAs.

RIP

hobbesmaster posted:

I hope Trump doesn't win that peace prize :ohdear:

RIP

Deathy McDeath posted:

Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were meant to do? I cheated death, thanks to you. And thanks to you I've left my mark. You have too - you've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Big Boss, and you are too... No... He's the two of us. Together. Where we are today? We built it. This story - this "legend" - it's ours. We can change the world - and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you, wherever you go. Thank you... my friend. From here on out, you're Big Boss.

RI...

Hey, gently caress you nerd.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/wbaltv11/status/993564613131190272?s=19

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

LingcodKilla posted:

New York regulation 79 is what got your friend. In this case USAA is complying with state law. If he bought the truck new have him check his records for the bill of sale; USAA may accept it actively retroactively. Otherwise he can try making a complaint with the NY DFS and/or the DOI for whatever state he's currently living in. Sometimes the regulators will overrule the insurance company.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

just wasn't his day

e: for actual content, things aren't going swimmingly

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2018/05/09/raw:-iranian-lawmakers-burn-paper-us-flag/34716437/

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 9, 2018

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/994140536541007872?s=19

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I grew up in Carroll County. This about sums it up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

psydude posted:

I grew up in Carroll County. This about sums it up.

I mean it could've been rabid

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I like this Iran guy. He's got spunk.

• Locked thread