Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Oh well I'm sure this will be tastefully handled and do justice to this serious and sensitive topic without being tawdry or exploitative at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IRQ posted:

Oh well I'm sure this will be tastefully handled and do justice to this serious and sensitive topic without being tawdry or exploitative at all.

You'll be very moved by Lea Michele's musical number

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arist posted:

Clayne Crawford got fired from Lethal Weapon

Time to introduce Martin Rigg's long lost brother, Martinez Riggs.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A portal opens up sucking Riggs into another dimension while he is replaced by his alternate universe doppelganger Martina Riggs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

Gonna be hard to convince me to keep watching.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Replace with a TV version of Lorna.

Is Karen Gillan too expensive now?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Replace with a TV version of Lorna.

Is Karen Gillan too expensive now?

She still did tv after GotG V1 but after Jumani she probably won't be coming back for a while.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ok I watched the latest Barry. god drat that was fantastic. definitely the best work Hader has ever done

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I understood that reference

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Nobody’s talking about 13 reasons why season 2? I’m stoked from that great trailer today.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Timeless was never a good show, but it was entertaining enough time travel nonsense.

I’ve only watched the first two episodes of season 2, but they seem much worse than the first season. Anyone else watching? Does it get any better?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

LionArcher posted:

Nobody’s talking about 13 reasons why season 2? I’m stoked from that great trailer today.

Without seeing the trailer, it seems really weird that that show is continuing.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

OldSenileGuy posted:

Timeless was never a good show, but it was entertaining enough time travel nonsense.

I’ve only watched the first two episodes of season 2, but they seem much worse than the first season. Anyone else watching? Does it get any better?

I thought it was better than season 1, even from those two. The season largely follows a Legends of Tomorrow-lite formula where they team up with a historical figure, or sometimes two, to gently caress up history, but with fewer powers, which is all I really need from the show. If you didn't like those maybe don't press forward. The standouts in particular are those where the historical figures are way larger than life, like this famous lady detective last week that was flat out a Sherlock Holmes clone who could carry her own show, or Houdini from last season.

Argue fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 9, 2018

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Arist posted:

Is it a requirement that every actor playing Martin Riggs be nuts?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LionArcher posted:

I haven't seen the trailer, but that show doesn't seem like it needed more than one season.

In fact, I watched the first season and it was effective but I don't feel the need to see any more of it. Where would it even go from there?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I haven't seen the trailer, but that show doesn't seem like it needed more than one season.

In fact, I watched the first season and it was effective but I don't feel the need to see any more of it. Where would it even go from there?

The court case for one. And the character study of everyone left for another.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Very happy but very surprised.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/ap-bio-gets-a-pass-renewed-for-season-2-on-nbc/

AP Bio renewed.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Ever wonder how av club became how it became the website you see today? Let their colleagues at Gizmodo take a deep dive:
https://specialprojectsdesk.com/univision-is-a-loving-mess-1825836622

Tl;dr: rebroadcasts of Mexican telenovelas just ain't as profitable as it once was. And greed, lots of greed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Yessss. I love this show more and more with each episode. I liked how they upped the ante by everyone making a revenge list, with Jack's name being added to it by Sarika. I loved the episode when Heather is butchering the pig and Sarika thinks she has him cornered but he starts to explain everything and then whispers "I never said I didn't know biology, just that I would never teach it to you".

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Legion has been killing it this season.

I really hope fFX appreciates what they've got here.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
AP Bio found its legs in the back half and I'm happy to see there's more to come.

Enjoying Killing Eve so far. It feels like a throwback '80s-90s thriller that you don't see much of anymore; like a Le Carre adaptation except cool poo poo actually happens.

Laterite fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 9, 2018

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Arist posted:

Well, better this than the show being cancelled altogether I guess. I think he was good in the role but it's not like the show can't be salvaged without him.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

swickles posted:

Yessss. I love this show more and more with each episode. I liked how they upped the ante by everyone making a revenge list, with Jack's name being added to it by Sarika. I loved the episode when Heather is butchering the pig and Sarika thinks she has him cornered but he starts to explain everything and then whispers "I never said I didn't know biology, just that I would never teach it to you".

That line killed, in general the last few episodes were loving amazing and season 2 should be a real corker.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i am happy as hell with this AP Bio news

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Hey guys what’s up

Anyone watching Imposters? I’m enjoying it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BSam posted:

Hey guys what’s up

It's probably the best show that no one talks about.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Laterite posted:

like a Le Carre adaptation except cool poo poo actually happens.

Sold.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BSam posted:

Hey guys what’s up

I'm three episodes in and it's delightful.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

After the first episode of AP Bio months ago I really wasn't feeling it and had a lot of the same (albeit whiny) complaints I've seen passed around here, but since it got the season 2 renewal I figured I should give it another chance. After another two episodes I'm hooked. It's not necessarily top tier, but there's enough great moments spread throughout that it'll be a background show at work for me. I don't know why it I find it so funny, but I'm sitting here after the episode ended still laughing at the simplicity of

"Oh, the ram's name is Pam? . . . All rams are male. "
"Pam's a trans ram."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, I didn't like the first episode either. I think Jack starts out at full rear end in a top hat and its something that should be gradually amped up, so he comes off as off putting instead of a character we root for.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think Stephen Root may actually be in more stuff than any other actor

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Didn't he already do that? I mean I guess the suicide thing is new but this feels pretty similar to The Invention Of Lying or whatever.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The Magicians has to be the worst show ever that I keep watching for some reason

I watched like 6 episodes and I can't see how it isn't basically Always Sunny but only like 10% as funny.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The Magicians is loving great, especially season 3.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

GreenNight posted:

The Magicians is loving great, especially season 3.

Penny is the only character that I can stand. Especially Quentin and Alice are completely awful.

I like the setting and the idea of the story but the characters are just... bad people. Unlike-able bad people. I think the writers were trying to make them more 'human' but they just made them all assholes.

And not even funny assholes like the Always Sunny crew.

Felicia Day's character was just all over the place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zaphod42 posted:

The Magicians has to be the worst show ever that I keep watching for some reason

You son of a bitch

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I don't care how good a show is. If it's full of unlikable or bland characters I won't be able to get into it. Fringe, Expanse, Magicians...

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Expanse gets good after 4 episodes. I think it only has one bland character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

feedmyleg posted:

I don't care how good a show is. If it's full of unlikable or bland characters I won't be able to get into it. Fringe, Expanse, Magicians...

All of those shows are full of enjoyable characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Zaphod42 posted:

Penny is the only character that I can stand. Especially Quentin and Alice are completely awful.

I like the setting and the idea of the story but the characters are just... bad people. Unlike-able bad people. I think the writers were trying to make them more 'human' but they just made them all assholes.

Everyone in the book was utterly unlikable too so, eh. At least in the show everyone is pretty, but I never started season 2.