Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Blaze Dragon posted:

As far as I know, Victini's signature move is Searing Shot. Then again, :thejoke: and I may just be dumb.

Nope, I'm the dumb one! Upon looking it up I got them confused. Incinerate was even a TM in Gen 5!

Parrotine posted:

V-Create is a legacy move without a home :ohdear:

I guess it was too powerful? A 180 base fire move that you could volley off twice before a stat drop (white herb) is pretty nutso, I dont think there's anything else as powerful outside of Self Destruct or Explosion

While the two you listed are the only two non-Z moves I can think of that eclipse that power (LIght That Burns the Sky is 200, for example) there are a few that come close. Psycho Boost is 140, Mind Blown is 150, Doom Desire is 140, and Water Spout at full power (the ticket to getting Ho-oh in Pokemon Colosseum) is 150, same as it's fire counterpart Eruption. Outside of those and Z-moves, I think the only things that tend to come close are the elemental hyper beams.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
A V-Create-based Inferno Overdrive has 220 base power, which is the highest you can get without knocking yourself out.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/KLouDraws/status/994076421734707200

Make this a real Pokémon, Game Freak. The Switch games are the perfect opportunity for it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What's a good flyer to use in Pokemon Y? I'm late to the 3DS party and trying to choose what my aerial transportation will be but most of the options for that kind of suck. Preferably something introduced in B/W or X/Y because I like using new mons.

Also Honedge is awesome and I am glad it exists.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Are they ever gonna add more mega evolutions in this series? Introduced in X/Y, given the Pimp My Ride treatment in ORAS, then severely downplayed in SuMo for Z-crystals and the small handful of regional variants.

They are too good of an idea for gamefreak to put out to pasture, I dont care how much they love their Z-crystal idea, let's meet in the middle Nintendo!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

z moves are bad and mega evos are mostly cool. they are both being phased out for trainer-monster spirit fusion though

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I've always wanted to see a gimmick team based around Fire/Water/Grass Pledge, but it just seems like such a pain in the rear end to execute. The Serene Grace rainbow from fire + water has some interesting implications though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

less laughter posted:

Make this a real Pokémon, Game Freak. The Switch games are the perfect opportunity for it.

I always imagined Gorochu would be like Goro from Mortal Kombat but I guess that would be Machamp with red cheeks.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Parrotine posted:

Are they ever gonna add more mega evolutions in this series? Introduced in X/Y, given the Pimp My Ride treatment in ORAS, then severely downplayed in SuMo for Z-crystals and the small handful of regional variants.

They are too good of an idea for gamefreak to put out to pasture, I dont care how much they love their Z-crystal idea, let's meet in the middle Nintendo!

Nah, we're never getting Megas again. We aren't getting more Z-Moves either, or regional variants. That's how Game Freak works, add something new and cool, immediately forget about it next gen. Gotta make each game feel "unique" even though they all have the exact same progression until SM.

Next game will introduce a completely new gimmick that'll add a hundred more stupid collectibles because we don't have enough yet, and so on, forever.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

SirSamVimes posted:

What's a good flyer to use in Pokemon Y? I'm late to the 3DS party and trying to choose what my aerial transportation will be but most of the options for that kind of suck. Preferably something introduced in B/W or X/Y because I like using new mons.

I think I used Swanna. Looks goofy fully evolved but she was a beast.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Eox posted:

I've always wanted to see a gimmick team based around Fire/Water/Grass Pledge, but it just seems like such a pain in the rear end to execute. The Serene Grace rainbow from fire + water has some interesting implications though.

It always disappointed me a little when I had the opportunity to use all 3 in a triple battle and they didn't do a 3 way interaction.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

SirSamVimes posted:

Golurk, my dude. You can find it’s pre-evolved form, Golette, on route 10 I think

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

Aerodactyl :colbert:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

SirSamVimes posted:

Hawlucha.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

less laughter posted:

Well, given how Pikachu tends to get some new gimmick just about every generation, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a split evolution or Mega (*cause screw Raichu, I guess? You had your moment as Alolan Raichu at least)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really doubt Pikachu will ever get any new forms that significantly change his design.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Vinylshadow posted:

Well, given how Pikachu tends to get some new gimmick just about every generation, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a split evolution or Mega (*cause screw Raichu, I guess? You had your moment as Alolan Raichu at least)

Technically, Kanto and Alolan Raichu are split evos of Pikachu already. So they could just give it a third one that's Gorochu.

Or just give Raichu an evo, who cares about the stupid three stage maximum at this point. Megas basically broke that already anyway. It's twenty eighteen Game Freak, live a little.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Mega Pikachu is just Pikachu with a new, more powerful hat.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Scrap Dragon posted:

Golurk, my dude. You can find it’s pre-evolved form, Golette, on route 10 I think

"Hmm, that doesn't look like it can fl-"

:aaa:

edit: rocket golem or luchador bird :ohdear:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Eox posted:

From Smogon:

When used in conjunction with an ally's Water Pledge, the attack of the ally moving first will have a Base Power of 150 and the ally moving second will not attack. Instead, a rainbow will appear on your side of the field for four turns, doubling the chance of secondary effects occurring. The effects of the rainbow do not stack with Serene Grace.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SirSamVimes posted:

"Hmm, that doesn't look like it can fl-"

:aaa:

edit: rocket golem or luchador bird :ohdear:

Why not both?

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
Oh god, I took a long break and found out the hard way what happens if you wait too long to renew your Pokebank pass.

My entire collection is gone. :suicide:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

RatHat posted:

Why not both?

I only have six slots, three of which are already taken!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Samila posted:

Oh god, I took a long break and found out the hard way what happens if you wait too long to renew your Pokebank pass.

My entire collection is gone. :suicide:

I'm really glad I remembered to shuffle everyone into AS before I took my sabattical.

Unrelated note: The discord link in the OP is broke

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I hate hate HATE Captain Kiawe and his bullshit Mega Kangaskhan antics at the Battle Tree. Not once has it failed to completely wall my entire team on my 30+ streak run, my Dragonite/Metagross/Mimikyu team has no counters for it and its dumb Parental Bond antics outside of sheer luck.

What do I gotta bring to this fight to tear down this wall of his? Any tree teams some posters use here that work particularly well against this overgrown bunny of his?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Parrotine posted:

I hate hate HATE Captain Kiawe and his bullshit Mega Kangaskhan antics at the Battle Tree. Not once has it failed to completely wall my entire team on my 30+ streak run, my Dragonite/Metagross/Mimikyu team has no counters for it and its dumb Parental Bond antics outside of sheer luck.

What do I gotta bring to this fight to tear down this wall of his? Any tree teams some posters use here that work particularly well against this overgrown bunny of his?

Rocky Helmet? Will-o-Wisp?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

From Smogon:

When used in conjunction with an ally's Water Pledge, the attack of the ally moving first will have a Base Power of 150 and the ally moving second will not attack. Instead, a rainbow will appear on your side of the field for four turns, doubling the chance of secondary effects occurring. The effects of the rainbow do not stack with Serene Grace.

This is true, but think of how many pokemon could abuse serene grace but don't get it

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

less laughter posted:

I'm drawing a blank here. What is Gorochu?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there was an interview like a page or two ago about early gen 1 designs about how pikachu was originally a daifuku and raichu would evolve into gorouchu

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm drawing a blank here. What is Gorochu?

A recent interview revealed that Pikachu was actually going to be in a three-stage line originally, with the third being called Gorochu. However, Gorochu was ultimately axed in favour of the two-stage line where one is hyper popular and the other is forever ignored that we all know.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

A recent interview revealed that Pikachu was actually going to be in a three-stage line originally, with the third being called Gorochu. However, Gorochu was ultimately axed in favour of the two-stage line where one is hyper popular and the other is forever ignored that we all know.

Raichu did get a breath of new life with the Alolan form.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Unrelated note: The discord link in the OP is broke

Cheers, should be fixed now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kikas posted:

Raichu did get a breath of new life with the Alolan form.

A short-lived one, knowing how Game Freak treats new and interesting ideas (that is, forgotten completely by next gen).

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would love to forget alohan raichu

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It’s weird that its ability only really works with Tapu Koko, but then if you have Tapu out why would you bother with Raichu.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, after putting it aside for a while, I finally got around to finishing the main story of Moon last night. After capturing the surprise legendary, I'm just wondering... Where should I be going now? I just did the initial battle with Looker's superior, and frankly? I came way too close to getting my rear end kicked even with all of the passive leveling I've been doing with the Exp Share.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Regalingualius posted:

So, after putting it aside for a while, I finally got around to finishing the main story of Moon last night. After capturing the surprise legendary, I'm just wondering... Where should I be going now? I just did the initial battle with Looker's superior, and frankly? I came way too close to getting my rear end kicked even with all of the passive leveling I've been doing with the Exp Share.

There are trainers in Poni Island's postgame areas you can level on, but they're gated by a bullshit fight with Dexio and a Mega Alakazam - unless you fly to Ruins of Hope on Poni and walk around his trigger area. You could do that, or you could waffle around in the Battle Buffet with their trainers - as long as you leave before you take your tenth turn, you can do it indefinitely.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Anyone got a spare Kangaskhan from their copy of ORAS I could have? It doesn't need to have good IVs or egg moves, any one will do.

I'm trying to breed one with Crush Claw!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Parrotine posted:

Anyone got a spare Kangaskhan from their copy of ORAS I could have? It doesn't need to have good IVs or egg moves, any one will do.

I'm trying to breed one with Crush Claw!

Why do you need one from ORAS specifically? It's avaliable in SUMO. and power-up punch isn't an egg move so you'd need to breed it in gen 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/personasama/status/994659163111284736