Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Motto posted:

even with FSN as it originally was, I really doubt "illya route" means what you guys are evidently thinking.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I hope you're right.

She didn’t have h-scenes in F/HA, which is telling given that p. much everyone else did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Lord Koth posted:

If I ever actually burn a Servant, it'll probably be Sieg. That he seems like utter garbage mechanically too is just yet another encouragement to do so.

Obviously the event could change my mind, but I somewhat doubt it.

I have one rare prism, and it's from a burned sieg.

I still have a sieg, though, I just didn't really care about him getting to NP2 :v:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Are you talking about Sumanai Siegfried or Sieg because they're talking about the latter from the current Apo event

That said, I have NP2 Sumanai in JP, I am very glad I kept him because now he is updated and handsome

Compendium fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 9, 2018

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Traveller posted:

Gudako is canon :colbert:

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

Are you talking about Sumanai Siegfried or Sieg because they're talking about the latter from the current Apo event

That said, I have NP2 Sumanai in JP, I am very glad I kept him because now he is updated and handsome

I also have NP2, and I could never burn a Sumanai, because he was my starting 4*. Also got him to bond level 10 a few days ago.

I also like that his new sprite accurately reflects that he is a very tall dude.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Motto posted:

even with FSN as it originally was, I really doubt "illya route" means what you guys are evidently thinking.
Season 5 of the "Illya Route" should premiere this year. Hopefully it'll coincide with the NA run of the Prisma Causeway event in FGO in some way.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

RanKizama posted:

Season 5 of the "Illya Route" should premiere this year. Hopefully it'll coincide with the NA run of the Prisma Causeway event in FGO in some way.

Maybe I'll luck into an Ilya on NA too, I could always use more Rare Prisms.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

But FHA makes it a point of having everybody alive BUT Kotomine and outright says that in the vast kaleidoscopic multiverse not a single reality exists where Kirei survives the 5HGW.

That's true for most of F/HA, but he shows up a lot in Bazett's memories and flashbacks.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Important
https://twitter.com/monochrometree/status/994178439086133249?s=19

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

So I got my summon ticket login bonus, and decided, "Hey, I should give one more shot in the dark for Iskandar. Why not?" Well I didn't get Iskandar.....

Yep, ok, that'll do.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A bunch of servants got upgrades in jp randomly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tae posted:

A bunch of servants got upgrades in jp randomly.
Schez notably, who is now Upper S in the general list. She now can do Iri's NP and give the entire team guts.

A LOT of servants moved around, with Amakusa now SS with Merlin/Waver, Saber Lily somehow going from dead last to A Rank, Hans and Cu tumbling down a lot, Musashi while still "the highest rated 5 star Saber" now technically shares that with Okita/Mordred/Umu Bride all the way down in Lower S town, and perhaps most amusing of all Jeanne Alter Lily is the highest rated Jeanne period if you ignore rarity.

Current theory I guess is that Lostbelt/current events are necessitating tankier servants.

E: Realized that the above list changes probably don't reflect the interludes, so I expect Bryn will finally move up ahead of Scathach and Schez might go to S+. That's quite a reversal of fortune for someone who was considered in the running for worst 5 star.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 9, 2018

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
New set of interludes to be specific. Bryn got a crazy good skill upgrade on hers, 3 turns of crit damage on top of her targetable star gather up, Davinci got an NP upgrade, and Schez now gives team guts. Drake, Ozy, and Suzuka got sq interludes.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Bryn strengthening, hell yeah. Her upgrade seems really good too, 3000% star absorption and crit damage up is scary.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://imgur.com/a/70AYdKG

That's a lotta nodes.

Nyarlabaoth
Jul 12, 2017

Retcon posted:

Bryn strengthening, hell yeah. Her upgrade seems really good too, 3000% star absorption and crit damage up is scary.

Wait, 3000%? Lmao she can now make any berserker you want a crit machine, wtf that buff is crazy good. Or have Jalter critting literally all the time. I'm so glad I rolled for her.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

If there is one thing Scheherazade is famous for, it's sandbagging. :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm pretty sure that with her skill buff Bryn actually jumps ahead of the entire pack to becoming the best 5 star Lancer, easily. Summer Raikou might still be the best overall but from a crit support standpoint that's potentially crazy useful. Lancelot/Saberlot can now also have a continuous Eternal Arms-level star absorb on at all times for example.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 9, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

And yet so many launch servants still languish in mediocrity-at-best. Especially the non golds.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
They're only mediocre if you don't use them well

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Apocrypha event was much like Apocrypha itself: kind of mediocre and boring, with too much Sieg, but also having good music and some nice moments with Mordred, who is the best.

Crasical posted:

Is the MC 'some shmuck with magic circuits who has deceptively high master characteristics and a high tolerance for getting along with unreasonable people', or are they actually a fully fledged 'Grinding up orphans into orphan juice for my experiments' Nasuverse Magus (albiet a poo poo one)?

I can't find it at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I saw some Japanese copypasta that pieced together all the crazy poo poo the MC has done at some point or another over all the events, interludes, bond voice lines, etc, and it's pretty chuck norris-ey. You get a pretty substantial arsenal of weapons and stuff as valentine's gifts from the male servants alone.

That being said, in canon the only thing that's really been mentioned is that the MC has amazingly high 100% compatibility both with the ley shift system and as a master, which is separate from ability as a magus, and that they're from Japan. There are a few lines in part 2 that indicate they might be going into his/her background a little more, but it's at least pretty certain that he/she wasn't a magusy magus and instead just a normal person with some hidden magic powers.

Also it's kind of a meme on JP about how Gudako possesses a Gandr so powerful it can incapacitate even gods and nigh-omniscient superbeings, whereas in FSN the gandr of Rin, supposedly a 1st rate mage, is only at the power of a pistol bullet.

:stare:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
my level 100 NP2 bryn cries out in joy as i wake up today to find she's been buffed, DW is good civilization, good civ indeed

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bakanogami posted:

I can't find it at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I saw some Japanese copypasta that pieced together all the crazy poo poo the MC has done at some point or another over all the events, interludes, bond voice lines, etc, and it's pretty chuck norris-ey.

My favorite thing is still the MC essentially having cartoon-like invulnerability when it comes to events such as, say, getting blasted by a cannonball in America which I think succeeded only in scruffing them up a bit and sending them flying.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

My favorite thing is still the MC essentially having cartoon-like invulnerability when it comes to events such as, say, getting blasted by a cannonball in America which I think succeeded only in scruffing them up a bit and sending them flying.

I'm pretty sure the Quetzalcoatl fight in Babylon is the peak of this. It's also one of my favorite moments in the game.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I just started playing this like a month ago and I found this thread last night, I'm glad there are other goons playing this dumb game. Anyway, here's my ID if anyone wants to add me as a friend: 213,386,654

Here's my support lineup, I'm still leveling a lot of my servants so apologies for the low levels on some of these:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Motto posted:

I could have sworn a Taiga dojo mentioning a scene on her bed but frankly I'd rather not dwell on that!

Gloomy Rube posted:

I have one rare prism, and it's from a burned sieg.

I still have a sieg, though, I just didn't really care about him getting to NP2 :v:

I could have sworn welfares didn't give rare prisms.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Siegfried, not Sieg, probably

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I just started playing this like a month ago and I found this thread last night, I'm glad there are other goons playing this dumb game. Anyway, here's my ID if anyone wants to add me as a friend: 213,386,654

Here's my support lineup, I'm still leveling a lot of my servants so apologies for the low levels on some of these:

How do you have so many 5* characters within a month? I started like 2 weeks ago and have no 5* and no Saint Quartz left.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

ChronoReverse posted:

How do you have so many 5* characters within a month? I started like 2 weeks ago and have no 5* and no Saint Quartz left.

Well, when I started I got Liz and Emiya, then with my first 10 roll I got Rama, after that I played through Orleans and at the end I had enough quartz to do a celebratory 10 roll where i got another Liz, Jalter, Jack and Martha(who I still have to level up). Later on I bought the 65 quartz package which gave me over 120 quartz total, rolled in the Gil banner leading up to the Zero event and got Astolfo, Tamamo Cat, Herc, Carmilla, five(!) Lancelots, Gil, a second Jack and a second Rama in four ten rolls. During the F/Z event I bought a 140 quartz package and rolled 10x twice getting two Iskanders and Waver. I have 133 quartz left that I am saving for later, right now I'm clearing up unfinished free quests for extra quartz and running dalies for XP cards.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah, basically I spent money on the game, eh, I would have spent it on some other dumb thing anyway. :shrug:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
No need to justify/breakdown your rolls we are all friends here, I'm not going to judge. As long as you are having fun (and hopefully not pulling a Ziss doing so) that's all that matters.

I've been too busy dealing with the event and not really had a chance to digest doing so but I'm still sort of super giddy over finally getting Waver and being able to 10/10/10 him thanks to the insanity that was Da Vinci and the feather day hunting ground day. I've been spending a lot of time recently trying to play with potential Rashomon team comps and am hoping that gets announced soon, though I would also not turn my nose up at some 1/2 AP relaxation weeks either.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Nate RFB posted:

No need to justify/breakdown your rolls we are all friends here, I'm not going to judge. As long as you are having fun (and hopefully not pulling a Ziss doing so) that's all that matters.

I've been too busy dealing with the event and not really had a chance to digest doing so but I'm still sort of super giddy over finally getting Waver and being able to 10/10/10 him thanks to the insanity that was Da Vinci and the feather day hunting ground day. I've been spending a lot of time recently trying to play with potential Rashomon team comps and am hoping that gets announced soon, though I would also not turn my nose up at some 1/2 AP relaxation weeks either.

Funny you say that because Rashomon DAI ENGI has just been announced!

http://fate-go.us/event_rashomon/

Starts the 16th and runs to the 30th, prepare yourself for banana oni bullying.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Well, when I started I got Liz and Emiya, then with my first 10 roll I got Rama, after that I played through Orleans and at the end I had enough quartz to do a celebratory 10 roll where i got another Liz, Jalter, Jack and Martha(who I still have to level up). Later on I bought the 65 quartz package which gave me over 120 quartz total, rolled in the Gil banner leading up to the Zero event and got Astolfo, Tamamo Cat, Herc, Carmilla, five(!) Lancelots, Gil, a second Jack and a second Rama in four ten rolls. During the F/Z event I bought a 140 quartz package and rolled 10x twice getting two Iskanders and Waver. I have 133 quartz left that I am saving for later, right now I'm clearing up unfinished free quests for extra quartz and running dalies for XP cards.

Yeah, basically I spent money on the game, eh, I would have spent it on some other dumb thing anyway. :shrug:

$$$$ or not that's some insane luck

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

How many Facebook likes for our free Black Keys? :v:

Nyarlabaoth
Jul 12, 2017

TheFireMagi posted:

Funny you say that because Rashomon DAI ENGI has just been announced!

http://fate-go.us/event_rashomon/

Starts the 16th and runs to the 30th, prepare yourself for banana oni bullying.

gently caress I haven't even started America.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Nyarlabaoth posted:

gently caress I haven't even started America.

The JP version had a 1/2 AP story quest campaign just before and leading into Rashomon, there's a good chance they'll do the same thing for us.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think this ever got answered, but if you wipe during a raid are you allowed to use quartz or seals to revive?

Also when the event launches following maintenance, do players start at full BP or at zero?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
FYI the guides got moved to /r/fgoguide. Don't visit /r/grandorder, there's nothing constructive there.

Motto posted:

I dunno what specifics are or aren't canon (like whether they got roped into chaldea via flyer or whatever), but the MC is just Some Person with no special backstory or background whatsoever. Their only standout trait is being a nice enough person to get along with literally any servant.

Endorph posted:

They're just some person but Waver mentions they have a lot of innate magic circuits and potential as a magus.

If I recall the details correctly Guda is a rando that got scouted by an undercover Chaldea scout that was doing Master tests disguised as blood donations. His excellent Master potential is the entire reason they're in Chaldea despite being 100% clueless. The scout got a bonus for him, too.
(Also Guda had no drat idea where Chaldea was located so I assume he was blindfolded or something for the trip)

Nate RFB posted:

I don't think this ever got answered, but if you wipe during a raid are you allowed to use quartz or seals to revive?

Also when the event launches following maintenance, do players start at full BP or at zero?
No, battle ends right there. Full BP, I believe.

FYI if you have two of {Tamamo, Waver, Orion} you're set to bully the banana oni. Might take some messing around if you don't.

And for the love of god bring somebody that can inflict Crit Down/Crit Chance Down because her crit loving hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Motto posted:

dont look too closely at old interviews or mat books if you want to think this