Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Add shuriken already Epic you cowards!! Or a blowgun. Or something silent that does more damage than the pistol!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

How long is the Thanos mode? I’m traveling for work until Friday, dammit.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

tote up a bags posted:

Add shuriken already Epic you cowards!! Or a blowgun. Or something silent that does more damage than the pistol!!

They already vaulted the crossbow, sorry man :(

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
honestly this sounds more like blitz mode 3.0

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Honestly the only reason I want to try out Thanos is to see how quickly I can destroy all the buildings in Tilted by myself. I have a feeling it's going to be drat near impossible for me to get it though.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Nullsmack posted:

Honestly the only reason I want to try out Thanos is to see how quickly I can destroy all the buildings in Tilted by myself. I have a feeling it's going to be drat near impossible for me to get it though.

everybody who dies holding the gauntlet drops a new one, and if no one can grab it a new one will spawn a lil later from a new meteor, I think you have decent odds as long as you don't rush in and die before the first gauntlet drop

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
I'd love to see the hero selection and abilities of STW imported into a BR mode, tbh.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Leif. posted:

I'd love to see the hero selection and abilities of STW imported into a BR mode, tbh.

*the mode becomes home to "Ninja double jump/shotgun combo" to the point people get Gears of War Gnasher level mad when shotguns get nerfed.*

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

*the mode becomes home to "Ninja double jump/shotgun combo" to the point people get Gears of War Gnasher level mad when shotguns get nerfed.*

yeah as much as I like STW's classes, I don't think it'd fly as well in BR considering how much better double jump is compared to say BASE, or getting locked into shooting a minigun
I do hope they import the models at least though, since I prefer a lot of them and the variety of body types, but I can also just as easily see that falling into "Always play a ninja/never play a constructor" like the whole oddjob and jaws thing in goldeneye

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

just wanted to say for a long time that i thought Fortnite was "for the teens" and really stupid but it is actually really fun and rules a lot

reminds me actually a lot of the old days of playing Quake when you were just put into servers with lots of good and bad people all playing together having a good time

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Huh, looks like the sheer amount of people trying to play the Infinity Gauntlet LTM has overloaded PS4 servers? I can't connect to specifically that game type.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I didn't enjoy the special mode. Well back to regular mode.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Only good thing about Thanos mode is that it is way easier to do the challenges there instead of on solo server.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I killed Thanos.

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/993949349708214275

Kind of easy. The movement options are limited, and you only have to do chip damage until it dies. You have a huge strategy adventage in that you always know where is him.

I ambushed a Thanos, put 3 clinky grenades on him, and then finished him with a gold scar.

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/993949229948329985

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thanos mode is fun because basically anywhere you drop has good guns and early combat. It’s quick and cool.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
https://twitter.com/President_Ark/status/994032780848910336

https://twitter.com/President_Ark/status/994034445144543232

Nullsmack posted:

thanos can destroy buildings incredibly fast and if you do try this remember that he destroys buildings if he collides with them while ascending during a jump

i want a video of someone getting a kill by jumping up the clock tower, exploding out the top, and meteor slamming some stooge

e: if you want to really try to be the first to the gauntlet, it always appears inside the first circle; the strategy a lot of people i see doing is waiting in the air by deploying their parachute immediately and then going to wherever the meteor that spawns the gauntlet is going (note: i did not do this when i did the above, i killed the thanos by shooting him in the head from a bush until he noticed me and then panic-firing a minigun at him and getting the gauntlet with 20 health)

President Ark fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 9, 2018

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
separate post because it deserves it and yeah i know reddit but holy gently caress

e: just noticed where he chroma key'd out the time stone as well so there's a hole in the thumb :laffo:

President Ark fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 9, 2018

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Coolness Averted posted:

yeah as much as I like STW's classes, I don't think it'd fly as well in BR considering how much better double jump is compared to say BASE, or getting locked into shooting a minigun
I do hope they import the models at least though, since I prefer a lot of them and the variety of body types, but I can also just as easily see that falling into "Always play a ninja/never play a constructor" like the whole oddjob and jaws thing in goldeneye

I think you could definitely balance a game mode around it, at least a team-based mode like 50 vs. 50 or even 4-man squads. Yes, the double jump would be pretty drat powerful by itself and unquestionably the best choice for a solo player, but in a team context that's not so clear when you're factoring in support abilities. An enemy ninja's double jump would be a lot less threatening if your own buildings are being healed/reinforced by a BASE, while a Warcry'd Raider is blasting you and Teddy is chipping away at your health while you try to assault. Similarly, I could see abilities like phase shift, anti-material charge, or even a bull rush (with the building destruction support) having utility.

Actually I think what I really want is less of "STW classes in BR" and more "PVP mode in STW", e.g. no storm, random map, PvE enemies on the map as well, etc.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Rocks posted:

just wanted to say for a long time that i thought Fortnite was "for the teens" and really stupid but it is actually really fun and rules a lot

reminds me actually a lot of the old days of playing Quake when you were just put into servers with lots of good and bad people all playing together having a good time

I agree, it's set up well to be popular with kids but it's fun on its own merits. I wish my friends were into it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Got to be Thanos and do the Tidy emote. I can die in peace now.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I want to like the Thanos mode more but I've just had really frustrating luck with weapons spawns and everyone landing in the same spots. I feel like the storm already shrinking at the start is a bit much. It really only becomes 20 people or so v Thanos and they're all too busy shooting eachother.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hey they managed to make the game faster and thus more fun. I approve.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Coolness Averted posted:

I want to like the Thanos mode more but I've just had really frustrating luck with weapons spawns and everyone landing in the same spots. I feel like the storm already shrinking at the start is a bit much. It really only becomes 20 people or so v Thanos and they're all too busy shooting eachother.

I was something like 50/50 on games, where in half I never saw the Gauntlet/Thanos at all because I picked the wrong side of the circle to drop on and the other half I got to shoot him a little and basically just give somebody the else the gauntlet before I instantly died.

Biggest problem with the mode that I've seen is that there isn't actually any incentive for Thanos to run around and actually do stuff aside from the shield refills. More often than not I see his pruney face hovering over one spot on the map for 90% of the match.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Edit: mobile posting, so I have no idea if I'm breaking tables. If so let me know and I'll fix it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zipperelli. posted:

Edit: mobile posting, so I have no idea if I'm breaking tables. If so let me know and I'll fix it.

Table breaking was fixed like two years ago.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

John Murdoch posted:

I was something like 50/50 on games, where in half I never saw the Gauntlet/Thanos at all because I picked the wrong side of the circle to drop on and the other half I got to shoot him a little and basically just give somebody the else the gauntlet before I instantly died.

Biggest problem with the mode that I've seen is that there isn't actually any incentive for Thanos to run around and actually do stuff aside from the shield refills. More often than not I see his pruney face hovering over one spot on the map for 90% of the match.

Yeah it just feels even more arbitrary than usual. I've had a few rounds more 'in the spirit' of the mode where players drop everything and fight Thanos but pull back a bit once he's near death and Thanos also engages.
But the most successful Thanos plays I've seen are he mostly hangs back and just lets all the dumb dumbs kill themselves/waste bullets.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Tei posted:

Aim to the head.

Which is also big as hell. Thanos is way too weak and they decided to nerf him anyway.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Wound up doing some crossplay tonight with pc players and yeah definitely felt a bit handicapped but had a moral victory when I outsniped a pc dude. Of course I had a golden sniper and he was just using the non bloom first shot on a hand cannon to plink me while ducking behind trees but it still felt good to drop him with a headshot since I still suck with sniping in this game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Seditiar posted:

Which is also big as hell. Thanos is way too weak and they decided to nerf him anyway.

Yea. What the hell about that?

Thanos is a puppie. I guess was nerfed for some people, not us?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Tei posted:

Yea. What the hell about that?

Thanos is a puppie. I guess was nerfed for some people, not us?

Since it’s free for all, people have a perception that they should stand a chance solo against Thanos. Temporary teaming up doesn’t consistently happen, and you inevitably have to betray a teammate anywaysso the other person doesn’t get the gauntlet when Thanos dies.

Additionally, 1,000 damage is a lot for people who can’t aim well and whose only strategy to survive in BR is to put up a quick 1x1. Killing Thanos requires different tactics that are more focused on aiming ability since Thanos destroys any building instantly.

Basically, it’s a poorly designed game mode.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

santanotreal posted:

Basically, it’s a poorly designed people cant shoot so they nerfed the game mode.

ftfy

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I really hope they fixed the PS4 server issues so I can, you know, even play this LTM.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Got my first solo W taking Thanos out last night. He's so huge I just kind of ran up and unloaded my LMG on him since I barely had to worry about actually aiming.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Table breaking was fixed like two years ago.

Do I still need to use tiny tags when posting images?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

el B posted:

Do I still need to use tiny tags when posting images?

Not really, unless it’s like a vertically long image. Images these days just fill the table from end to end so you may just annoy someone browsing SA in full screen mode.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The latest Twitch Prime pack just came out. Link your Twitch Prime account to your Epic one and get some meh cosmetics and an emote that absolutely loving whips https://www.twitch.tv/prime/fortnite

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

santanotreal posted:

Since it’s free for all, people have a perception that they should stand a chance solo against Thanos. Temporary teaming up doesn’t consistently happen, and you inevitably have to betray a teammate anywaysso the other person doesn’t get the gauntlet when Thanos dies.

Additionally, 1,000 damage is a lot for people who can’t aim well and whose only strategy to survive in BR is to put up a quick 1x1. Killing Thanos requires different tactics that are more focused on aiming ability since Thanos destroys any building instantly.

Basically, it’s a poorly designed game mode.

I think that's a bit harsh. I do agree it has some problems with balance and how players are approaching it vs how the devs envisioned it would go down.
Like personally I would've preferred more of the uneasy alliances/you're working together at the moment but there's only gonna be one winner concept but it's pretty clear a lot of other people just really enjoyed blitz and are viewing this as blitz 2.0 with an extra super weapon gimmick.
I actually think the bigger problem is the smaller play area with the circle already shrinking as quickly as it is.
The theory is that would just lead to people being more likely to see Thanos in action, but in practice I think it just leads to more people feeling they HAVE to kill everyone quicker because while there's more resources, you don't have time to loot them, so it's just easier to kill dudes and take their stuff. Besides, every dude dead before the gauntlet lands is someone who won't get it.
It's also a good sign they saw stuff wasn't playing out the way they wanted and made adjustments that brought the ruleset more in line with what people were already enjoying.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

FauxLeather posted:

The latest Twitch Prime pack just came out. Link your Twitch Prime account to your Epic one and get some meh cosmetics and an emote that absolutely loving whips https://www.twitch.tv/prime/fortnite

every time i think i should cancel amazon prime something like this happens

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Thanos mode is pretty fun, I find I actually do better in it since it's so fast moving usually people can't load up on wood/metal so fast so there's less building and more shooting (which is what i'm better at, i still suck at building anything especially when it's under pressure)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

FauxLeather posted:

I already linked my Twitch and Epic account when I claimed the first Twitch Prime Pack. Do I need to claim again to get the current Twitch Prime content? posted:

YES. You must claim each Twitch Prime Pack individually. If you already linked your Twitch and Epic accounts for the previous Twitch Prime loot in Fortnite, log in above to begin the claim process for this content.

Is individual claiming supposed to be a counter measure againat people that cancel Prime after claiming items or something?