Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Mr.PayDay posted:

IIRC we Goons know we will win anyway: The whole development process is a great entertaining desaster.
If this never releases, we will keep laughing and enjoying this threads.

If there ever releases sth like a game with 20% of what was promised in 2022 and is a mediocre version of ED and Eve , a Goonfleet will drive the SC Whiteknight nuts and we will exploit and break ingame stuff and just make the ubernerds cry and calling names.
Third option, the „game“ will be released and be an unstable“how did this get out of beta“ POS trainwreck in the year 2022 that is boring and laggy (like today) and the ratings and critics rip this assunder and Chris and Sandi are MIA with backers Millions and the SC reddit is upset why they funded this shitshow 10 years , and we can make fun of them all.

Either way, no matter how this fiasco continues Goons will win with the last laugh, and we gamers as a whole were witnesses how Chris Robbers turned the funding mechanism and hype into a scam and a product that other studios could have developed with 10 % of the costs and less poo poo in 1/4 of the time.

Yes-finally we get to the heart of the issue. 100% correct. Even if the game ever does release Goons would own and destroy the souls of all the SC streamers. As an Eve player all the reddit crybabies who complain about goons I can't imagine what the SC people would do. The thing is CIG is no CCP. So they'd probably ban us out anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

VictorianQueerLit posted:

It's a big leap from simply knowing some facts like who is quitting or what the name of a ship will be, that hundreds of people knew, and being this paragon of the community leading the charge for justice against a scam developer by providing an outlet for their voices where there was none before.

He pre-empted several CIG announcements back when they did announcements like that when no one actually knew that information. I'm sorry you dislike him but this was a thing that actually happened.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
And that proves what exactly

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Talking about Derek is why the thread is hot poo poo right now.

Considering how badly CIG hosed up recently, I'm rather surprised people still have a pathological need to bring him up.

More crobear is needed.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Considering how badly CIG hosed up recently, I'm rather surprised people still have a pathological need to bring him up.

More crobear is needed.

:agreed:

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Scruffpuff posted:

More crobear is needed.

Star Citizen, at it's core, is about crazy people and unfortunately for you Derek is one of the biggest ones involved. He has insured that when people talk about one they talk about the other. I'm sorry.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

There isn't a whole lot to argue here. Derek definitely has sources, and he clearly causes disruption to CIG's operations. He was a good addition to us here rolling around in CIG's mud and laughing. I genuinely like him. It's just too bad he couldn't get over his ego about stupid things, like comma/period delimeters, his game's use of ESC, and couldn't help himself but to doxx.

Classic example of being your own worst enemy. If he could even just dial it back a little to a 9, he might be fine.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Star Citizen, at it's core, is about crazy people and unfortunately for you Derek is one of the biggest ones involved. He has insured that when people talk about one they talk about the other. I'm sorry.

:negative:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

XK posted:

There isn't a whole lot to argue here. Derek definitely has sources, and he clearly causes disruption to CIG's operations. He was a good addition to us here rolling around in CIG's mud and laughing. I genuinely like him. It's just too bad he couldn't get over his ego about stupid things, like comma/period delimeters, his game's use of ESC, and couldn't help himself but to doxx.

Classic example of being your own worst enemy. If he could even just dial it back a little to a 9, he might be fine.

Going against my own recent assertion here for a moment, but I'd have to say the ridiculous comma/period argument and his game's use of ESC were loving hilarious and legendary derails that made the thread funnier for their inclusion.

Although nothing tops the Goon Stolen Valor incident.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Scruffpuff posted:

More crobear is needed.

He's brought up because he's the perfect example of checking yourself before wrecking yourself.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

More crobear is needed.

I'm just going to shamelessly repost this, then

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

You should bang out a few more paragraphs about Derek to really solidify how over Derek you are.

Edit: Because you are very invested in Derek, talking about Derek, minimizing Derek and otherwise attacking Derek.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

G0RF posted:

So maybe MoMA was right after all and this just ends up being a $10 $9 million dollar Nothingburger. Then he could say he called it and have the most ironic :smuggo: victory in thread history.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Hobold posted:

I will be beyond shocked if anything at all comes of this. Knowing this jackass, we'll hear about it before he 'calls' it or 'breaks' it on twitter again.

Idiot is just flapping his gums as usual to try and stay ontop of things.

I'm the 13 people that liked a Derek Smart tweet.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

ZenMaster posted:

It haunts me

It took me a while to get used to it as well, yes.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

You asked if he'd ever actually leaked something, I told you he had and now you're spinning yourself out of control to prove that he didn't. You're just way too obsessed about that guy to the point you're trying to warp reality before it hits your brain rather than just admit that hey, dude got it right sometimes. Doesn't excuse anything he's done but he's been an important part of this from the start. I don't know why people are so wound up about preventing this from being a reality but it's just as dumb as Derek getting mad at other people getting in on the info leaking.

Hav posted:

You should bang out a few more paragraphs about Derek to really solidify how over Derek you are.

Edit: Because you are very invested in Derek, talking about Derek, minimizing Derek and otherwise attacking Derek.

Also this is true.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm the 13 people that liked a Derek Smart tweet.

It's like a Star Citizen stream in tweet form.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

If there’s even a 1% chance that Derek can provide a scoop then that’s fine with me.

The thread needs some fresh meat to gnaw at.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/BNBL_Posts/status/994225455141195777

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

BeigeJacket posted:

If there’s even a 1% chance that Derek can provide a scoop then that’s fine with me.

The thread needs some fresh meat to gnaw at.

Never worry, CIG is on the case.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm the 13 people that control the MoMA account.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

If Derek wrote Moby Dick you wouldn't even know there was a whale involved.

BREAKING! Call me Derek. You never know who a captain of a ship is going to reach out to. Some time ago, I got word of this thing called "The Sea." You may remember me covering it in my blog. How does a place that claims to hold 60 billion fish manage to find room for any food? Answer me that. LOTS OF QUESTIONS and it's all going to come due now any day, as I've been saying for some time. Nobody was listening when I said it before, but a lot of new information has come to light. Ever heard of whales? You will soon, but I can't talk about it yet. I've got to clear it with Queequeg and then it's all coming out. That's him in the Pequod.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

HAH, touché

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I hereby openly and honestly admit that every "inside source" I've ever had at CIG is fake and every "call" I've ever made (yes, even the Tumbril one) was the product of my own imagination.

I am ashamed to admit... that CIG's top level staff is so dumb and inept that their moves have been predicted by a brain-damaged dude and his dog.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

admit it, it's the dog getting all the calls right.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beet Wagon posted:

I am ashamed to admit... that CIG's top level staff is so dumb and inept that their moves have been predicted by a brain-damaged dude and his dog.

Is that why Kayak's eyes are always so sad? Being your legal must be hard. :(

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

admit it, it's the dog getting all the calls right.

CrazyLoon posted:

Is that why Kayak's eyes are always so sad? Being your legal must be hard. :(

Me: Kayak what are they gonna do next? Sell pre-fab houses? Sell some kind of space horse? Get sued by Jesus? PLEASE I need to know what CIG's up to so my internet friends will think I'm cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Kayak: Dude gently caress OFF

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Poor Kayak being burdened with the precognition of Star Citizen's future. Truly one of life's tragic heroes :911: :patriot:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

I know "the best thing about SC is this thread" has been stated before but jesus christ :five:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

You are wrong.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bofast posted:

I think you misspelled $25. Nice one, though
Oh no. That is an official CIG produced jpg.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Oh no. That is an official CIG produced jpg.

The worst thing about this is that at this point, I can't even tell if you're joking or not, because CIG :psyduck:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Humilty is no longer hollow like death!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Star Citizen is not good, and is infact bad.

Ok, yes this wins everything.

And now I want to rewatch Memento, because God I love that movie and it's been too long since I last watched it.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Virtual Captain posted:

Here are all my clips from that dude's stream yesterday. Beet tried talking some sense to the guy and his insane rebuttal is that SC skeptics are like Flat Earthers, they discard inconvenient evidence like the incredible progress CIG is making.

CIG could be in serious trouble
https://clips.twitch.tv/BigCalmJackalDuDudu

"Can anybody bail me out of Phase 2?"
https://clips.twitch.tv/SingleBoredWoodcockDoggo

[CONCERN]
https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialLongStingrayDancingBanana

Sat on a toilet for a whole day
https://clips.twitch.tv/CoyFaithfulGrassKippa

Going to be so sad when the game comes out
https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorConcernedPuddingPoooound

1000% Belief
https://clips.twitch.tv/RenownedAntsyWaffleBCouch

Trouser stuffing
https://clips.twitch.tv/FamousCarefulTurnipDAESuppy

I'm hoping I can get Beet on ARGcast today and perhaps we will discuss in more detail. Recording will commence sometime after 5:30 EST today if you want to join in on the conversation message me on Discord. Paging Galarox!!!!

Watch clip 2. What a pathetic small man. To have so little self-respect, self-confidence that you have to bow your head and almost whisper snivel the world "concern"

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Scruffpuff posted:

I wonder if in the deepest recesses of his mind Chris is aware, on some level, of the incredible game, community, and opportunity he squandered, and if he fully comprehends the horrifying joke of a game and cesspool of a community that replaced it.

I think yes when they go to sleep at night deep down they know the truth. But we'll never see that manifested in public. They'll be in jail or the game will fail first before that ever happens.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Sample_text posted:

Ironically, "the sliding scale of Star Citizen skepticism" is something I used to refer to me, in chat. The whole "with us or against us, firm believer or Derek Smart alt" thing he was pulling was pissing me off, and I simply explained that there are various degrees of "scam" that go beyond "Yo , Chris is gonna take the money and run off to Mexico, for realz".

Despite what shitposting I've done here in the forum, I think they are , in fact working on a game. But I also think they're doing a terrible job at it. And more importantly, I think in the end it doesn't matter because the huge amount of shady behavior the company engaged in will make whatever "Game" comes out of this irrelevant.
Battlefront 2 was objectively a pretty decent game. It doesn't matter because it was tied to one of the most heinous and exploitative marketing schemes in recent gaming, and therefore, is in fact complete garbage.

By the way, I still don't get if these people refuse to understand how some outsider might think this is a scam (due to fear that it might be true), or are they really that dumb.

EDIT: Someone should explain to them the whole "hire a construction team to build you a house, and they drag it on while charging you by the day" analogy.

They're definitely working on a game. They're just terrible at it. It's Harvard Business School case study levels of mismanagement. And the product they're working on no one wants. A small group of single, no-lifer males with disposable income are the one funding it. This has no broad based support across the gaming industry. We're having a good laugh at the whole thing.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Bayonnefrog posted:

I think yes when they go to sleep at night deep down they know the truth. But we'll never see that manifested in public. They'll be in jail or the game will fail first before that ever happens.

Never underestimate the power of self delusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Me: Kayak what are they gonna do next? Sell pre-fab houses? Sell some kind of space horse? Get sued by Jesus? PLEASE I need to know what CIG's up to so my internet friends will think I'm cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Kayak: Dude gently caress OFF

saddestawoo.mp4