Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I was still playing when zoe came out, in 2018 I've basically only played long enough to discover that the reworked swain is my new favorite champ and then promptly went back to overwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Me, an idiot: Echo is the most annoying possible champion design

Riot, wisely: ah but this one is called Zoe

the most annoying possible champion design actually would be a character that has a skill that prevents people from auto attacking for like 5 seconds and another skill which is a giant silence and their ultimate is a global 3 second snare on both teams

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
All of my least favorite champions to play against are the ones where it looks like you have them 100% dead to rights and they press one button and lol nevermind

Ekko, LeBlanc, Zoe for that and seven other reasons, uhhhhh forget who else

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

All of my least favorite champions to play against are the ones where it looks like you have them 100% dead to rights and they press one button and lol nevermind

Ekko, LeBlanc, Zoe for that and seven other reasons, uhhhhh forget who else

yeah you are right they have to give global timeout guy a dash on a 10 second cooldown which also heals him but makes him unable to do damage for 25 seconds so that he is borderline impossible to kill and will keep preventing you from doing actions

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
ekko is fun

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Hi guys riot games here. We know that all of you loved playing against old Mid Lane Nidalee, so we’re pumped as heck to announce that we’ve given her even longer range hard CC along with every summoner spell in the game and called it Zoe.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Tbh ap kaisa w is the new nidalee spear spam.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That's on a huge cooldown though

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

foutre posted:

Tbh ap kaisa w is the new nidalee spear spam.

But you have to land that for it to have a reasonable cd

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I mean, you're definitely right, it's not really spam or actually good, but I learned from my last ranked game that the one or two times they do hit will break the enemy's mental.

The enemy xerath was screamin exploit~

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Monicro posted:

Hey I think I'm gonna try to get back into league after barely playing at all this season because hearthstone's economy is pretty bad. What have I missed about top/adc/mid besides "play sion"

ADC is about to be massively reworked (items, champion stats, runes to an extent) so that'll be a good time to relearn, since everyone else will have to relearn too

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I should try learning a new language next time I get hit by a Morg binding.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Moatman posted:

I should try learning a new language next time I get hit by a Morg binding.

morganas q is the most bullshit feeling ability in league i think, the hitbox is bigger than you think it should be, the range is longer than you think it should be, and if it clips you then you have enough time to read war and peace cover to cover

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

pog boyfriend posted:

morganas q is the most bullshit feeling ability in league i think, the hitbox is bigger than you think it should be, the range is longer than you think it should be, and if it clips you then you have enough time to read war and peace cover to cover

don't forget the sound when it hits

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

pog boyfriend posted:

no im p sure the most bullshit feeling ability is lebonk's distortion

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Me, an idiot: Echo is the most annoying possible champion design

Riot, wisely: ah but this one is called Zoe

Ekko is one of my favorite champions to play. I use to play a lot of Diana but Ekko feels like a better version of her. Diana has the same design problems of many older champions. Like Akali she feels like half a champion pre 6. Ekko is actually decent pre 6 because of his pushing power and with e + w you can get out of many ganks. Only thing is Diana can build a bit more tankier but Ekko also builds hp + resistance and Diana is braindead to play.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Transient People posted:

Sorry, this ability is cool and good. Instead of that, I would like to point you towards the most toxic ability in League of Legends, Eye of the Storm

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

Morgana support feels very good on the patch but only if you have an ADC that is somewhat on equal footing as the other ADC. Last night I had an Ashe versus Cait/Zyra who for the life of me could not get to play around black shield. That game was tough to lose .

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Transient People posted:

distortion is really well designed and interesting because of how it puts its cards up. you see where she is blinking, and you know where she can blink back to. the amount of depth the ability has makes it astoundingly interesting and it lets people pull off really flashy mindgames like distorting and then flashing into a bush across another wall backwards or something along those lines

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

pog boyfriend posted:

distortion is really well designed and interesting because of how it puts its cards up. you see where she is blinking, and you know where she can blink back to. the amount of depth the ability has makes it astoundingly interesting and it lets people pull off really flashy mindgames like distorting and then flashing into a bush across another wall backwards or something along those lines

Or it's a double jump forward or back which is outrageously boring and annoying to deal with

It's an ability that would be cool in another kit but not in the one it's actually in.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Transient People posted:

Or it's a double jump forward or back which is outrageously boring and annoying to deal with

It's an ability that would be cool in another kit but not in the one it's actually in.

LB's power budget includes the strength of distortion. If she uses both of them to approach a target, she can't use them for damage.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monicro posted:

I was still playing when zoe came out, in 2018 I've basically only played long enough to discover that the reworked swain is my new favorite champ and then promptly went back to overwatch

reworked swain and irelia are both very good.

swain can be flexed top or mid depending on needs and it allows you to play a somewhat tanky AP champ so your braindead soloq mid can play whatever zed/yasuo/talon/whatever without loving over the team

nu-irelia is a Carry Toplaner who's pretty slick but takes some time to master. I think she builds Triforce Steraks and then attempts to 1v3.

zoe got nerfed into the ground so don't worry about her

kaisa is the new Hypercarry ADC who has ~flexible build paths~ (read as: build guinsoos), she seems ok

adcs are getting a pass during midseason so we'll see where that lands them, lucian might finally be making a comeback

as always, Yorick is Cool and Good and you should Play Him, but iirc the steraks change to give it tenacity and not make it as outrageously synergistic with triforce hurt him pretty bad

s'all i got

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Steraks changed from +30% base AD with +30% on proc to +50% base AD at all times when the tenacity got added. It got more expensive too, but I'd hardly say the synergy with Triforce got nerfed

strong bird
May 12, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

all the ninjas have longer stuns as they can instantly kill you for up to 1 minutes duration

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Im not saying that Yasuo, Akali, Fizz, Zed, Mister Yi, etc players should be round up and put in a shallow grave, but I think they should face justice for their terroristic acts.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

The Mash posted:

Steraks changed from +30% base AD with +30% on proc to +50% base AD at all times when the tenacity got added. It got more expensive too, but I'd hardly say the synergy with Triforce got nerfed

You can actually stack a ton of tenacity on bruisers now with the changes. Merc treads, steraks and the tenacity rune is around a 66% reduction in cc length. Think it jumps to 80% if you throw in an elixir of iron.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

It also has a big windup and is really slow. Leona's spear into 8 days of CC is far worse IMO.

EDIT: And Nautilus Q, it just has the a very unpredictable hit box.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

strong bird posted:

Im not saying that Yasuo, Akali, Fizz, Zed, Mister Yi, etc players should be round up and put in a shallow grave, but I think they should face justice for their terroristic acts.

How dare you lump Yi in with those fuckers

strong bird
May 12, 2009

that guy is a certifiable invincible ninja due to his ability to exit the game world at will

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

i play 2 of those 5 champions at a high degree of competence. i will not tell you which ones

TheAnomaly posted:

It also has a big windup and is really slow. Leona's spear into 8 days of CC is far worse IMO.

EDIT: And Nautilus Q, it just has the a very unpredictable hit box.

i am not saying it is overpowered, just that it feels terrible to play against because it is just slightly more everything than you would expect out of an ability you can get on a ~6 second cooldown

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

strong bird posted:

that guy is a certifiable invincible ninja due to his ability to exit the game world at will

Which would be a reasonable claim if Alpha Strike actually worked to dodge anything at all instead of being a buggy awkward mess to use as a dodge move.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 11, 2018

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Which would be a reasonable claim if Alpha Strike actually irked to dodge anything at all instead of being a buggy awkward mess to use as a dodge move.

just learn how to use it properly

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Fizz is AP therefore he is Good, fixed it for you

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

pog boyfriend posted:

i play 2 of those 5 champions at a high degree of competence. i will not tell you which ones

zed, yasuo

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Its cool when you ban the ninja, the samurai and the tertiary ninja of choice and the ninja picker says 'sigh' and dodges

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

actually he picks teemo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Ranked is down, please post the Hot Gossip as soon as we know what game-breaking bug is giving Rengar 100%CDR again or whatever

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

strong bird posted:

Its cool when you ban the ninja, the samurai and the tertiary ninja of choice and the ninja picker says 'sigh' and dodges

it is actively weird that everyone who 'mains' this champ or champs of its degenerate ilk have small, fragile minds and egos and are easily tilted to embarrassing levels at the first sign of opposition or challenge

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The new support is Pyke, a serial revenge killer with a goofy looking mask. He's basically got Nautilus' old backstory, which makes sense; it was always kind of hard to imagine this giant diving suit man clomping around shanking people in back alleys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Vermain posted:

The new support is Pyke, a serial revenge killer with a goofy looking mask. He's basically got Nautilus' old backstory, which makes sense; it was always kind of hard to imagine this giant diving suit man clomping around shanking people in back alleys.

finally a support for the Yasuo generation