Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

rgocs posted:

This works because water cannons and gas are highly precise, only those actively doing 'bad things' will be targeted, and in no way will anyone standing nearby, legally protesting, will be contaminated. Water and gas know if you're naughty or nice.

No way poo poo like this can get blindly approved, can it? Can it?!

I wouldn't get worked up too much about the "teargas and water cannon" stuff, that's not even a direct quote and even the CRSest of CRS to ever bash a comrade is eventually going to figure out that this is worse than useless if half of Paris lights up after a protest.
Now, militarized super soakers, here is a disruptive idea for the french tech !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Can somebody explain the rail strike to me? (I don't trust the Belgian media about it)

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Air France's employees voted on whether to accept a pay hike in exchange for ending their strike. The CEO committed the usual mistake of pledging to step down if a referendum didn't go his way. It didn't and he's resigning.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Fun fact: similar stuff is already being imported in France, and I'm pretty sure some of it has already been sold to the cops. Source: the very enthusiastic dude in charge of developing and importing the pepper spray version of this product. I had him on the phone a couple months ago and he explained it all to me. Fantastic technology.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Yeah, they're not saying if it was used on May 1st.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Walh Hara posted:

Can somebody explain the rail strike to me? (I don't trust the Belgian media about it)

There are two big factors.
  • The cheminot status. Railway workers have a specific legal status, distinct from other worker categories. They have a number of so-called advantages that, if we're being honest, were given to them because it was cheaper for the company than a wage increase. Some examples include reduced travel price for their family (so that they can accompany them) or a relatively earlier minimum retirement age. Neoliberals want to put an end to this status because they hate the idea that people outside of the Forbes list may have any sort of right.
  • Privatization of the railways, so that we can imitate the incredibly successful example of Great Britain. The idea being that it would be so incredibly modern and future-proof to go back to the situation as it was before 1937, when French railways were a hodgepodge mix of various lines belonging to various different private or sometimes public companies, with no coordination between them.

I think it's also important to note that the current CEO of the SNCF, Guillaume Pepy, has been generally terrible, and is notably responsible for adopting the entirely opaque "flexible pricing" system developed by airlines (so it's impossible to predict how much a train ticket will cost you until you buy it) and replacing the longstanding and recognizable TGV brand with the infantile and ugly "Ouigo" and "InOui". So he's done a lot to make everyone hate train travel.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I always read InOui as "ennui".

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

HookShot posted:

I always read InOui as "ennui".

Not just me, then.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Enquête Cevipof sur Macron : le chef de l’Etat perçu de plus en plus à droite

quote:

Comment comprendre la droitisation du positionnement idéologique du chef de l’Etat ? Par un double déséquilibre politique. Le premier est social. Il y avait promesse de « plus d’efficacité » et de « plus de justice ». Il y a la perception – massive – d’un déficit social. Chez l’ensemble des Français, 70 % à 80 % jugent négativement l’action engagée pour « l’amélioration du pouvoir d’achat », « la réduction des inégalités sociales » ou « l’amélioration du système de santé ». Et il en est de même, de 52 % à 61 %, chez les électeurs qui ont voté pour Emmanuel Macron au premier tour de l’élection présidentielle. Ainsi, moins de 10 % des Français estiment que les classes moyennes et les milieux populaires sont les bénéficiaires de l’action engagée depuis le début du quinquennat.

Le second déséquilibre est démocratique. Il y avait promesse de « plus de décision » et de « plus d’écoute ». Il y a la perception – large – d’un excès d’autoritarisme. Les Français reconnaissent, et approuvent, la volonté réformatrice du président de la République. Mais, outre qu’ils s’interrogent sur le rythme soutenu des réformes, ils sont 55 % à reprocher un mode de gouvernement « trop autoritaire » – sentiment d’autant plus partagé qu’ils se positionnent à gauche ou au centre de l’échiquier politique.

Bonus soundbite:

https://twitter.com/Brevesdepresse/status/992421154005704705

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lol

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Jesus loving christ, hey don't worry America, Macron is working really hard to make sure the far right get elected here too.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Can't get the far-right elected if you become the far-right

Edit:

https://twitter.com/MarleneSchiappa/status/992653938427092992

More out of touch than a rocket headed towards Jupiter.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 5, 2018

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Thank the gods someone is there to defend correct grammar all while staying in line with the far right theme.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

On va lui faire sa fête, à Macron

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Flowers For Algeria posted:

"Mais ce n'est pas du français correct, monsieur!" - Une grosse bourge parisienne.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Pourquoi pensez vous que les classes populaires ont besoin d'une langue française dégradée?

Lmao this is really up there with Fillon's "donc vous voulez créer de la dette"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the bourgeois are really something

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"faire sa fête à quelqu'un" is perfectly valid French grammar, the "à" being associated to the verb "faire", not to the noun "fête". That is to say, you could reorder the sentence in "faire à quelqu'un sa fête". Marlène Schiappa is wrong. Likewise, and with a different meaning, there's also "faire fête à quelqu'un", which again is perfectly valid grammar for the same reason. The same grammatical construction is used in other expressions like "faire son affaire à quelqu'un", "faire la leçon à quelqu'un" and so on.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

J'adore apprendre sur la grammaire française. Continuez s'il vous plait.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
If we don't protect the grammatical sanctity of lingua franca one day another language might overtake it as the world's most important.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Cat Mattress posted:

"faire sa fête à quelqu'un" is perfectly valid French grammar, the "à" being associated to the verb "faire", not to the noun "fête". That is to say, you could reorder the sentence in "faire à quelqu'un sa fête". Marlène Schiappa is wrong. Likewise, and with a different meaning, there's also "faire fête à quelqu'un", which again is perfectly valid grammar for the same reason. The same grammatical construction is used in other expressions like "faire son affaire à quelqu'un", "faire la leçon à quelqu'un" and so on.

It is informal though, which apparently to her means it's a debased form of the language and using it means you think the lower classes can't understand proper French. The left are the ones who truly look down on the poor, you see.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Faut m'y inviter que je sois là pour lui donner un joli coup de pied bout de gâteau.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/Brevesdepresse/status/993053563051040768

Que Dieu bénisse Emmanuel 1er!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This quinquennat can't end soon enough.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/MarleneSchiappa/status/993450168702906368

So they really are going all in with the "father of the fatherland" angle. Good thing the fascist didn't win, huh.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's really gross.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
almost makes you pine for the days of the président normal

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
As a Brit speaking for both his native country and France, maybe it's time to give absolute monarchy another chance. It would be just as bad, but we wouldn't have the nauseating pretence that Ms. May or M. Macron are in any way acting in the best interests of the people. Monarchy is, at least, totalitarisme dévoilé; neoliberal "democracy" is just taking the piss... on everyone who isn't a billionaire.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Objectively I’d be a pretty good enlightened monarch.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I'd be a deliberately terrible one to drive the country towards embracing anarchism. Not that there'd be any actual difference between that and an "enlightened" despot in practice.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 9, 2018

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

As a Brit speaking for both his native country and France, maybe it's time to give absolute monarchy another chance. It would be just as bad, but we wouldn't have the nauseating pretence that Ms. May or M. Macron are in any way acting in the best interests of the people. Monarchy is, at least, totalitarisme dévoilé; neoliberal "democracy" is just taking the piss... on everyone who isn't a billionaire.
FYI, you brit fucks did that to us already in 1815 with Louis XVIII and indirectly Charles X (see Haiti, Algeria). No, thanks.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Lmao I just saw this:

https://twitter.com/ThomasLeCour/status/993045134345494528

"Regarde nous, Macron-senpai :nyoron:"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
What the gently caress.

Is it for real? :cripes:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/ThomasLeCour/status/993489284710748165
At this point i just hope Jupiter's ego will collapse on itself to form a black hole and that i am outside the event horizon when that bullshit collapses on itself. But that's overly optimistic coming from me.
loving getting a napoleon III vibe. When are we invading Mexico again?

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 9, 2018

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao who's talking/writing here ?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Cat Mattress posted:

What the gently caress.

Is it for real? :cripes:

unpacked robinhood posted:

Lmao who's talking/writing here ?

It's from an unnamed minister quoted in this article:

quote:

« Emmanuel savait qu’il fallait engager les mesures phares avant les européennes de 2019, alors il ouvre tous les fronts à grande vitesse », décrypte François Patriat, patron du groupe La République en marche (LREM) au Sénat. « Je n’ai sollicité aucun portefeuille : j’aurais été à la traîne de la dream team qui mène la danse. A mon âge, je n’aurais pas résisté à ce tourbillon », ponctue le septuagénaire, entre coquetterie et sincérité.

A écouter un ministre soucieux de préserver son anonymat, François Patriat a bien fait de s’abstenir : « Aujourd’hui, je suis rentré chez moi à 20 h 30 avec encore une dizaine de coups de fil professionnels à honorer, et j’ai eu l’impression d’avoir pris mon après-midi. Mais c’est le jeu. Nous exerçons des fonctions exceptionnelles qui requièrent un engagement total. »

Étonnamment prolixe dans cet environnement où la parole se distille avec parcimonie, il avance que « le volume de travail qu’abat le président invite à se dépasser. Aucune consigne ne nous enjoint à nous hisser à sa hauteur. De toutes façons, nous n’y parviendrions pas. Nous donnons tout parce qu’il nous regarde, parce que c’est lui ». La déclaration frise la dévotion.

Mais la ferveur ne protège pas des coups de pompe. « L’organisme s’adapte, tempère-t-il. Récemment, un officier de sécurité a calculé que j’avais passé, en une semaine, cent neuf heures hors de mon domicile. Voilà, c’est comme ça. » Comme ça que Julien Denormandie, secrétaire d’Etat à la Cohésion des territoires et cheville ouvrière de LREM, boucle ses journées bien après minuit.

« Certains soirs,son cerveau brillant est tellement atomisé qu’il regarde les rediffusions des émissions d’Hanouna à 3 heures du mat’ ! » assurent d’une même voix des élus. Père de quatre jeunes enfants, l’ex-directeur adjoint du cabinet d’Emmanuel Macron au ministère de l’Economie a coutume de quitter son travail vers 21 heures... et d’y retourner après avoir embrassé sa progéniture.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kassad posted:

quote:

« Certains soirs,son cerveau brillant est tellement atomisé qu’il regarde les rediffusions des émissions d’Hanouna à 3 heures du mat’ ! » assurent d’une même voix des élus. Père de quatre jeunes enfants, l’ex-directeur adjoint du cabinet d’Emmanuel Macron au ministère de l’Economie a coutume de quitter son travail vers 21 heures... et d’y retourner après avoir embrassé sa progéniture.

Whoa he watches popular tv guy just like us everyday normal proles.
I'm glad a sleep deprived zombie gets to make important decisions

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

She's: hella dumb.

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Ahaha and her tweet contains a very glaring grammar error too, loving perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005