Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are there any good LPs of The Evil Within 2 (not streams or blind runs)?

It is blind, but Scruffy made a great and comprehensive LP of it over at the LP Zone. It has a little bit of fumbling but he is generally very competent and the videos are edited to minimise any unnecessary running around or backtracking.
https://www.lp.zone/t/gotta-get-those-sweet-day-1-lp-bucks-with-the-evil-within-2/2453/71

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I've bounced off X3 several times, I suffer from Elder Scrolls syndrome and by the time all the recommended mods are in I'm tired of the thing. Any good LP of Albion Prelude? Not so interested in the stories, I just want to have something in the background to check occasionally and go "Hmn... now the LPer has 20 cruisers on their fleet and an automated merchant empire."

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Fat Samurai posted:

I've bounced off X3 several times, I suffer from Elder Scrolls syndrome and by the time all the recommended mods are in I'm tired of the thing. Any good LP of Albion Prelude? Not so interested in the stories, I just want to have something in the background to check occasionally and go "Hmn... now the LPer has 20 cruisers on their fleet and an automated merchant empire."
I'd also like to see an LP of this... Well, any X3 game really... Although I'd prefer a baby's guide approach more, that game is complicated as gently caress.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Thesaya posted:

It is blind, but Scruffy made a great and comprehensive LP of it over at the LP Zone. It has a little bit of fumbling but he is generally very competent and the videos are edited to minimise any unnecessary running around or backtracking.
https://www.lp.zone/t/gotta-get-those-sweet-day-1-lp-bucks-with-the-evil-within-2/2453/71

It was on the forums here too :v:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837370

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Oh! I couldn't find it, looked here first. For some reason it was not on the masterlist and not yet on the LP Archive. My bad!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hi! I remember a Faster Than Light VLP on here that I really enjoyed, but I unbookmarked it like a dumbass and I can't find it in the lparchive either. I remember you could volunteer to have your toons in it, and I had a well meaning mantis captain Bastard in there, who would be stabbing away ineptly at the sensor controls with his useless mantis scythe hands until frustration inevitably would get the better of him and he'd chirp defiance and furiously skitter off to the telepad, shotgun drafting anyone in his way into this bizarre kind of frontal assault against reason which is a boarding party for a land war in space.

I seem to remember 2muchAbs and anilEhilated being in there too?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

Hi! I remember a Faster Than Light VLP on here that I really enjoyed, but I unbookmarked it like a dumbass and I can't find it in the lparchive either. I remember you could volunteer to have your toons in it, and I had a well meaning mantis captain Bastard in there, who would be stabbing away ineptly at the sensor controls with his useless mantis scythe hands until frustration inevitably would get the better of him and he'd chirp defiance and furiously skitter off to the telepad, shotgun drafting anyone in his way into this bizarre kind of frontal assault against reason which is a boarding party for a land war in space.

I seem to remember 2muchAbs and anilEhilated being in there too?

I can't quickly locate the thread, but here's one goon FTL LP as a youtube playlist. I was in it! :haw:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thank you! Amazing! :D I'm in video 5-1 with the HMS Blindfire :neckbeard:

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

anilEhilated posted:

I'd also like to see an LP of this... Well, any X3 game really... Although I'd prefer a baby's guide approach more, that game is complicated as gently caress.

Man I pity the poor fool who tries to take this game on, it's like trying to LP Eve or something. It might work if you kept to a specific narriative, but it would take someone with decent writing chops.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Dreadwroth posted:

Man I pity the poor fool who tries to take this game on, it's like trying to LP Eve or something. It might work if you kept to a specific narriative, but it would take someone with decent writing chops.
Wouldn't need to be blind, could work with an expert explaining the game mechanics. The problem with that game is it looks absolutely fantastic but completely opaque controls-wise; hell, last time I tried I did not figure out how to get my ship to loving move.

Speaking of complex and obtuse, how about LP'ing that Rain World?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

CirclMastr just finished his LP of The Bunker and it's a real good short FMV movie. Great ambience and horror, and definitely not something I would've played on my own. You should watch it!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Are there any Body Harvest LPs?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Are there any Body Harvest LPs?
Fiendly did one but it looks like all the videos are gone: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780709

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ahh that's too bad. it didnt get archived either

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

There any good informative LPs for Divinity Original Sin 2?

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Can anyone recommend an LP for The Lost Vikings games?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Is there not gonna be a thread for Chip Cheezum's MGSV LP? where does the fanart go??

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Billzasilver posted:

Is there not gonna be a thread for Chip Cheezum's MGSV LP? where does the fanart go??

I think he might not be posting a thread after the VoidBurger fiasco.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VolticSurge posted:

I think he might not be posting a thread after the VoidBurger fiasco.

What happened here?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Rarity posted:

What happened here?
Most likely we're talking about the kerfuffle in which VB and Psychedelic Eyeball got shadowbanned after a dumb Twitter flamewar, but I would be rather surprised if that were the reason CC chose not to post a thread. That debacle was at least a year ago if not two (I forget) now, and in between that CC has a lot of activity on this subforum.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
He's had to close his own threads because of poo poo posting and dumb people on several occasions for multiple games, so I get not starting a new thread.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

What happened here?
It was a while after the truth came out about Schmorky. Lowtax planned a post-mortem stream of sorts for GamingGarbage and his daughter was on it. He had explained the situation to her, because Schmorky had previously been to their place and interacted with them, so she was poo poo talking Schmorky on stream and they had decorated the place with some empty diapers to poke fun at the whole thing(according to Lowtax it was the kid's idea).
This really upset certain people who proceeded to sling some ridiculous accusations of child abuse at Lowtax (never you mind he had just found out someone he trusted was a creep and did everything he could to cut him out of his life). Turns out accusing the site owner of child exploitation wasn't the best idea and he perma-banned them directly (with a big custom message not even letting them access SA). Several LPers here decided to post banmes in protest soon after and left.

NGDBSS posted:

Most likely we're talking about the kerfuffle in which VB and Psychedelic Eyeball got shadowbanned after a dumb Twitter flamewar, but I would be rather surprised if that were the reason CC chose not to post a thread. That debacle was at least a year ago if not two (I forget) now, and in between that CC has a lot of activity on this subforum.
It was early 2017 but I think the fact that they live together and have their own LP forum with a thread there might actually contribute to this.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Their loss, they could be enjoying 77% off NORDVPN services!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

If anyone wants to follow Chip's LP, he posted a thread in the LP Zone.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Can anyone recommend a good look of Dragon Quest builders?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

What's the best VLP Total War LP? I'll take any game in the franchise, but I'm extra partial to Total Warhammer. I got a new laptop that can run it and I want to learn how to make my men crash into other men effectively.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

What's the best VLP Total War LP? I'll take any game in the franchise, but I'm extra partial to Total Warhammer. I got a new laptop that can run it and I want to learn how to make my men crash into other men effectively.

If you're ok with non-goons PartyElite has lots of TW content, especially warhams. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg3BiSs8eBE9hA9EWYTgtAg

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Many A True Nerd has full playthroughs of both Rome 1 and Medieval Total War that I'm partial too, plus an additional Rome 1 stream and some mucking around with both Warhammers.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

StrixNebulosa posted:

ManyATrueNerd's Total War LPs are genuinely fantastic, because he's extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the games. It's good stuff.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Perfect, thank you all!

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I also really enjoyed his new playthroughs of TW: Thrones if Britannia, which of course aren’t finished yet. He has cool insight too because CA will sometimes give him early access and listen to his feedback.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I have a weird question. What’s the easiest way to download like a pdf or something of a screenshot LP? My office at work has awful reception and on lunch break I love reading LP’s but with all the images it’s pretty painful.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Disappointing Pie posted:

I have a weird question. What’s the easiest way to download like a pdf or something of a screenshot LP? My office at work has awful reception and on lunch break I love reading LP’s but with all the images it’s pretty painful.

Here's what I'd do.

1) Install Something Awful Last Read. This is mainly for comfort, as it adds a button to the bottom of posts that lets you view just that one post, which will make things easier.

2) Open the different updates as single posts. Let them load completely.

3) Save these updates. In my case (I'm using Firefox), I would use "Save Page As..." and then save the page as "Web Page, complete".

What this does is download the HTML file and also all the resources the page required, which will go into a separate folder. If you repeat this for the different updates, you'll end up with a set of HTML files you can open offline and that have all the images. This has the advantage over something like a PDF that you also have GIF animations, which are very important for some SSLPs.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Anyone have a recommendation for a good Persona 4 LP? or 3, while you're at it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Schildkrote did a great P3 LP in the style of Livejournal updates here:

https://lparchive.org/Persona-3/

I haven't read it in forever but I remember liking it a lot.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

There's also a P3 LP going on right now that's really good.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815625&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

There are also two LPs of Persona 4 on the archive, one for the original and one for the updated vita version.

https://lparchive.org/Persona-4/

https://lparchive.org/Persona-4-Golden/

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 27, 2018

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I was hoping for one in video format, I would generally prefer watching a playlist on youtube :( But thank you for your suggestions!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Giant Bomb's Endurance Run, maybe? https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/endurance-run-persona-4-part-01/2300-219/

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
I feel like I should plug Klingon w Bowl Cut's LP of Siege of Avalon. For the folks who are interested in a screenshot LP of a pretty rare RPG, Klingon is producing an excellent LP of a game that not a lot of people that I know ever played.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855019

There's a ton of content and he's just getting started. The format he's chosen is really working well for him, and is probably the best way I've seen it presented due to the comprehensive nature of all the content the creators put in there. There are video LPs of the game, but they feel unsuited; the game game is unique among RPGs in many ways both in story, presentation and gameplay/system. Even the backstory of the game's development and the developer (and their failed attempt at early digital distribution and sales) is pretty interesting, and I wasn't honestly ever expecting the game to receive the treatment Klingon is giving it. Ever.

I have strong and fond memories of playing it, and Klingon is doing it justice in superb fashion. I hate to see such an amount of effort go unappreciated, so I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone with interest in RPGs, good writing and rare games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
Anyone got a suggestion for a good Silent Hill 4 LP?