Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

jivjov posted:

Sorry you hate fun

Yeah, seriously, what's wrong with Darth Vader living in a dark castle on a lava planet? That's loving awesome and one of the cooler parts of Rogue One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

The only thing that's disappointing about this news is that it means there's more of a story than Sheev handing Vader the keys and trying not to giggle.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It doesn't look good for your second-in-command to not have an actual home address/place to stay, even if they're not actually there half the time and are constantly crashing in barracks or on board ships or staying at the local Imperial/neutral bigwig's place, or even at some place built just for his visits. The Emperor does not want to be dealing with Vader's mail as well as his own, so Coruscant's right out.

It's something of a dick move, but it's also a truth; Mustafar is where Darth Vader was 'born'.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 7, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The whole point is that he’s not a person, he’s a half machine half dog on a leash. He’s dragged around the galaxy to enforce the Emperor’s will, not have feelings or take vacation days.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Taintrunner posted:

There's already an evil castle in the Space Fantasy epic known as Star Wars it was called the Death Star

Darth Vader doesn't have a home.

The reach of the Empire spans almost the entire galaxy and he doesn't have time to take vacation days in a stupid loving lava castle. He's dragged around the Emperor's realm on a leash to intimidate the right people and murder the bad people (Jedi) so he doesn't have time to go home and take up a goddamn hobby

I can't hear you over the sound of how cool a lava fortress is.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Taintrunner posted:

The whole point is that he’s not a person, he’s a half machine half dog on a leash. He’s dragged around the galaxy to enforce the Emperor’s will, not have feelings or take vacation days.

Darth Vader...no feelings....man, it's like you missed the entire point of the character.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I wanna know who those attendents and lackeys were. Imagine applying for a job there: Sith Lord requires valet and catering staff for his gently caress Off obsidian castle in the middle of a lava field hellscape, apply within

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

That is loving sweet. I'm loving this Darth Vader series.

Edit: Also, I'm seriously laughing at someone being pissed that Vader has a cool rear end fortress on Mustafar.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Taintrunner posted:

Darth Vader has no feelings...? Did we read the same books? Or comics? Or movie? Go rewatch any of the original trilogy! See him burst in anger after snapping the neck of Captain Antiles! See him speak with sorrow when his son tries to reclaim his soul!

Hell, read all the books, pre-Disney buyout, where they just deal with how broken and depressed and guilty and full of self-loating he is.

Emotion is a huge loving part of Darth Vader. gently caress, he wouldn't be able to use the Dark Side without it. That poo poo feeds on emotion, especially negative emotion. Being calm, centered, focused, and detached is what it means to be a Jedi, not a Sith.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I honestly never thought of Vader having a 'home' before Rogue One (Just assumed he chilled on The Devastator or something like a space-pirate, and that was as close to a home as he had. I am also not against the idea of Vader living in a lava castle. Both of these things can co-exist.

I do want to see Vader's Man-Cave, complete with Pink Floyd posters and a record player with felt speakers because 'it just sounds better, man".

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

enigmahfc posted:

I honestly never thought of Vader having a 'home' before Rogue One (Just assumed he chilled on The Devastator or something like a space-pirate, and that was as close to a home as he had. I am also not against the idea of Vader living in a lava castle. Both of these things can co-exist.

I do want to see Vader's Man-Cave, complete with Pink Floyd posters and a record player with felt speakers because 'it just sounds better, man".

Bast Castle on Vjun in the pre-Disney buyout was his home. Deep Core World that was in Dark Empire II.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

jivjov posted:

Darth Vader...no feelings....man, it's like you missed the entire point of the character.

Well the last quarter of Jedi.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well the last quarter of Jedi.

Well I'm sure the Special Editions take a little bit out of Vader in Empire, but he does show a good deal of anger in that movie. The lightsaber duel in Cloud City and "Bring my shuttle..." especially.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

pubic works project posted:

Well I'm sure the Special Editions take a little bit out of Vader in Empire, but he does show a good deal of anger in that movie. The lightsaber duel in Cloud City and "Bring my shuttle..." especially.

Oh he does but you never get any real focus of it until Jedi.

Which would have been fine had Jedi been all about that but alas.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bast Castle on Vjun in the pre-Disney buyout was his home. Deep Core World that was in Dark Empire II.

Vader living in Barad-dur in the land of Mordor where shadows lie looks cooler, but Bast Castle being on a world where it was constantly raining acid was fun too.

"Bring my shuttle" is probably the angriest James Earl Jones ever made Vader sound and I have no idea why the special edition replaces it with him saying, "Alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival". I'm not sure what the change adds and I'm not sure why it was made.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
literally the first time we ever see vader is him angry yelling at leia and his subordinates

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Vader living in Barad-dur in the land of Mordor where shadows lie looks cooler, but Bast Castle being on a world where it was constantly raining acid was fun too.

"Bring my shuttle" is probably the angriest James Earl Jones ever made Vader sound and I have no idea why the special edition replaces it with him saying, "Alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival". I'm not sure what the change adds and I'm not sure why it was made.

Hell loving yes. I was so mad when they changed that line. Made Vader sound like he was going up to the Executor for loving tea time.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

site posted:

literally the first time we ever see vader is him angry yelling at leia and his subordinates

I'm not saying it's the only time he was ever angry, but I think when he's accusing Leia of being a traitor yelling at his stormtroopers to tear her ship apart he sounds irritated like he's had a really long and lovely day at work (confirmed by Rogue One :v:) whereas in the ESB line he sounds more like he's seething.

Hell loving yes. I was so mad when they changed that line. Made Vader sound like he was going up to the Executor for loving tea time.

Then it adds in a bit where it cuts to the Executor's hanger and shows Vader's shuttle arriving and it feels pretty superfluous (presumably audiences in 1980 were confused about how he got there).

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
1) This week's Darth Vader was awesome and I'm super jazzed for next week's.

2) Did anyone get Star Wars Adventures #10 this week? My local shop said it was delayed, but nothing I find online corroborates.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

jivjov posted:

2) Did anyone get Star Wars Adventures #10 this week? My local shop said it was delayed, but nothing I find online corroborates.

Mine ordered 10, 8 of us have pulls for it, and they received none. Weren't even invoiced, but Diamond shows it released? Dunno. Maybe we'll get it next week.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

jivjov posted:

1) This week's Darth Vader was awesome and I'm super jazzed for next week's.

Hell yeah it was. That last page really threw me for a loop!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

OhFunny posted:

I also am SUPER on board with the concept of the Inquisitors being recognized by their former Jedi associates. I don't think that ever came up with any of the Inquisitors in Rebels.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

jivjov posted:

I also am SUPER on board with the concept of the Inquisitors being recognized by their former Jedi associates. I don't think that ever came up with any of the Inquisitors in Rebels.

I assume the ones in Rebels were ones who grew up after the Empire took over

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

jivjov posted:

I also really enjoy how interconnected things can be as Prosset Dibs from the Mace Windu mini is Tenth Brother.

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

jivjov posted:

Sorry you hate fun

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

OhFunny posted:

I also really enjoy how interconnected things can be as Prosset Dibs from the Mace Windu mini is Tenth Brother.

Oh poo poo, I didn't even catch that one!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

OhFunny posted:

Just read it now and that was absolutely fantastic. Maybe a little bit of a stretch but I don’t care because daaaaaamn.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05/22/marvel-announces-new-star-wars-comic-about-solo-character-beckett?abthid=5b049ad005e140570c000dae

Beckett is getting a One Shot

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
First two pages of this week's Poe Dameron just wrecked me a little bit :(

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

No time for sadness. Podracing is back!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

No time for sadness. Podracing is back!

Love the Vader pose

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'd really like to see a full Tradd Moore Star Wars, but I'm not sure Star Wars would quite want something that gory.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I do wish the pod race had been a bit more central to that annual. It was great seeing it back again though.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Are the items at the end of Annual #4 standard designs or specific things we've seen before?

Doesn't look like the Sith mask from Lando and I couldn't place the saber.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ngl, I was hoping part of the annual would involve Vader chasing Luke's podracer in his own evil, sith lord podracer

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Looks like the Star Wars ongoing comic will finally move past ESB in the next issue or storyarc. I'm rather looking forward to that

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Poe Dameron ending at issue 31.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-poe-dameron-comic-ending/

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Do Star Wars comics still sell or are they bombing like the movies now?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Mainline and Vader still sell well but are down from the crazy 2015 numbers. Aphra, Poe, and the rotating minis do alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Wheat Loaf posted:

The movies aren't even bombing. Solo had a terrible release window, what with competing with IW and DP2, but even it didn't completely tank.