Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You mean besides the part where he only ever got separation because he was big and fast and never learned to run proper routes so when his speed slipped all you had was a big slow dude who is blanketed by secondary and in the slim chance he does get the ball in his hands he drops it most of the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kiimo posted:

You mean besides the part where he only ever got separation because he was big and fast and never learned to run proper routes so when his speed slipped all you had was a big slow dude who is blanketed by secondary and in the slim chance he does get the ball in his hands he drops it most of the time?

I never thought Dez would just be another Tony Romo wonder that looks semi-decent to bad the year after Romo and then just disappears entirely after. Tony Romo was really loving good, y'all.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Pretty sure most teams aren't signing any FA's right now to avoid loving themselves out of comp picks. Dez will get signed, somewhere, probably.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Dez is probably still in the mentality that he wants that one year big money deal to re-establish his value which no decent team wants to give him and they’re waiting out for a price drop. Baltimore offered him a team friendly contract not long after Dallas cut him he turned down.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dez is heading to Cleveland Browns-era Dwayne Bowe numbers isn't he

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

kiimo posted:

Dez is heading to Cleveland Browns-era Dwayne Bowe numbers isn't he

40 yards for a full year?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dez is entering his ninth season. He has had 3 seasons over 1000 yards, same as Bowe at that time when he got cut by the Chiefs. That last season he had 754 yards, Dez just had 838. It's not completely crazy. Dez catches more touchdowns and is better than Bowe but the similarities would scare me if I was a fan of a team that signs him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13215/dez-bryant

http://www.nfl.com/player/dwaynebowe/2495558/profile

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 10, 2018

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Good article about Tomlin: http://theundefeated.com/features/mike-tomlin-pittsburgh-steelers-in-search-of-the-real-coach/

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Lions football

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/05/09/matt-patricia-indicted-sex-assault/34742627/

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
... well then who is that on the right, smart guy??

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Pretty sure most teams aren't signing any FA's right now to avoid loving themselves out of comp picks. Dez will get signed, somewhere, probably.

As of today free agent signings don’t count against next years comp picks.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

weird Asian candy posted:

As of today free agent signings don’t count against next years comp picks.

Ah, gotcha. I imagine we'll see some more signings pretty soon, then.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol rip the lions

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Matt Patricia and Jim Bob Cooter makin a helluva coaching staff there Detroit

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol

lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
What's the record for the fastest turnaround from a coach being hired to fired?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Edward Mass posted:

I want to say a couple of college coaches were just a few days. George O'Leary with Notre Dame and....Mike Price at Bama? I guess Price lasted a few months after looking him up, although he never coached a game.

e: I guess O'Leary technically resigned so that'd put him on the same level as Belichick and the Jets.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Edward Mass posted:

It's college and he wasn't fired, but George O'Leary resigned as head coach of Notre Dame five days after they hired him

O'Leary lied on his resume, but Patricia...woof

E: Gritty :argh:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Unless any other allegations against Patricia arise, I doubt he's going to be fired-legally speaking, he's innocent, and the event if it did happen was over 20 years ago.

Doesn't make me feel much better, though!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Weren't the Lions the team that had the rear end coach that got arrested for going through a drive through naked?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Weren't the Lions the team that had the rear end coach that got arrested for going through a drive through naked?

This does ring a bell but I don't remember who it was. Also Jim Bob Cooter once drunkenly broke into some woman's home and got in bed with her. Apparently not to sexually assault her as far as I know, but because he was tired.

Which I don't know if I really believe or not, but it's a perfect story for a guy named Jim Bob Cooter to have.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

I think so, and Jon Kitna (who was the Lions QB at the time) dressed up as him for Halloween lol

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Kalli posted:

yes.

For what little it matters, here's Patricia's statement.

https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/994416638169681920

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

piss tape israel posted:

I think so, and Jon Kitna (who was the Lions QB at the time) dressed up as him for Halloween lol

Headline: Jon Kitna apologizes for naked man costume

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Dez is probably still in the mentality that he wants that one year big money deal to re-establish his value which no decent team wants to give him and they’re waiting out for a price drop. Baltimore offered him a team friendly contract not long after Dallas cut him he turned down.

Didn't they offer $21M for 3 years? I know he was supposed to make 12.5M this year, but he has to realize nobody is going to extend a multi-year contract at that rate.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/994442598667509760

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

piss tape israel posted:

... well then who is that on the right, smart guy??

Not all black people make beats

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
More than anything else, Dez is still on the market because he spent the last 2 seasons proving he can't catch the ball for poo poo even when it hits his loving gigantic hands.

Even with all his faults and his physical decline, he'd be a solid role player if he could catch the easy stuff reliably. But he hasn't done even that for a couple of years.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

Not all black people make beats
you didn't answer my question

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

piss tape israel posted:

Using your logic i can safely say that’s Britney Spears

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

piss tape israel posted:

(Shark Tank dude is not Timbaland.)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
no poo poo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

quote:

The joke answer: They’re the Detroit Lions. They couldn’t find water if they fell out of a loving boat.

The real answer: They’re an NFL team, and the NFL really couldn’t give less of a poo poo. And neither could their fans. The team named after a racial slur is caught up in human trafficking, and it was a scandal for, maybe, 20 minutes. Jimmy Haslam openly bought himself out of a federal indictment. Jim Irsay got caught with a lot of product and a lot of cash. That’s possession with intent to distribute. All 32 teams are openly blackballing Eric Reid and Colin Kaepernick. The NFL has welched on its concussion commitments.

My question is why would the Lions even pretend to do a background search on a new head coach? How many Lions fans do you really think would have a problem with Larry Nassar getting his old job back if it meant the Lions would win a playoff game — not the Super Bowl, a playoff game?

It's cool how hosed up this league is and yet the only thing that something like 30% of fans care about is the loving kneeling over the epidemic of cops getting away with murdering citizens.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Why did the Patriots hire him? 🤔

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Lol sure

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's cool how hosed up this league is and yet the only thing that something like 30% of fans care about is the loving kneeling over the epidemic of cops getting away with murdering citizens.

Sometimes, the joke answer is the real answer.

Everything isn't a massive conspiracy out to get you. Sometimes, people are just really dumb, or incompetent. A bad fearmongering take by Deadspin.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Blitz7x posted:

Why did the Patriots hire him? 🤔

Bill is actually Satan.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DariusLikewise posted:

Ah yeah I am, ARod is the one that is the grown up business man now and speak at events like this

It originally was "Real Estate and Bitcoin Wealth Expo". And then Bitcoin crashed :v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I like how 50Cent was paid in Bitcoin for one of his albums and completely forgot about it. Years later his financial planner noticed it and the market made him a boatload more than the original contract for that album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It's pretty amazing that Patricia was jailed and indicted so quickly in that case.

• Locked thread