Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Moved to Maryland from Oregon, so better check in on what's going on with the local teams:

"Mister Irrelevant" wants to be relevant, proclaims Redskins draftee Trey Quinn.

"They took our jerbs!" cries out rednecks as Ravens bring in Chris Ezeala via the The International Player Pathway program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Truly the worst month

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Slowpoke! posted:

Truly the worst month

Nope, Indy 500 is this month.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Can't wait to watch cars drive in a circle for five hours

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

same

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Intruder posted:

Can't wait to watch cars drive in a circle for five hours

Then watch the Indy Grand Prix instead.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hey now the Kentucky Derby is this month!

*When Wes Welker showed up rolled out and was just handing money out. Owns*

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

A Man and his dog posted:

Hey now the Kentucky Derby is this month!

*When Wes Welker showed up rolled out and was just handing money out. Owns*

Now we know who slipped Weller the Molly.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Now we know who slipped Weller the Molly.

Lmao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
And so begins the three month lull of the NFL

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/991692049509470208

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ohhhh snap.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm also dumb as hell and capable of making asinine observations, how do I become an NFL exec?

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/991702252778799109

Nov 6, 2002

He's not entirely wrong. Buffalo is a snow hell hole during football season.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
This whole Josh Allen saga is so enjoyable to watch as an outsider. Can't wait to see what he actually looks like on an NFL field

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Surprised it took Reid this long but I suppose waiting until after the draft makes sense

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I don't get it.

Kaep can't take a knee but it's cool Josh Allen gets drafted top ten after racist tweets come out?!?

I mean da fuq. :allbuttons:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I don't get it.

Kaep can't take a knee but it's cool Josh Allen gets drafted top ten after racist tweets come out?!?

It's a crazy, lovely world we live in. I mean, they still let you post here

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Boy the twitter/Reddit comments are extremely predictable. What is it about fat white men that make them feel so loving vulnerable that they lash out?

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

SKULL.GIF posted:

Boy the twitter/Reddit comments are extremely predictable. What is it about fat white men that make them feel so loving vulnerable that they lash out?

something something White Fragility something something "Took our jerbs!"

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Giants just got their QB of the future.

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/991710228159913985?s=21

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He's not entirely wrong. Buffalo is a snow hell hole during football season.

I was more keying in on the theoretical discord being sowed with the designer clothing in the film room, but I'll push back on the weather thing, too.

There's like maybe one notably lovely game in Buffalo a season. Other cities have wind, too. Both quarterbacks on the field play through the same weather.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nov 6, 2002

When do they announce the Hard Knocks team?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i think it was already announced as the Browns?

Nov 6, 2002

Over the last decade I've come to understand the most important quality a person can possess is empathy. If you can't understand what someone else has been through how can you ever grow as a person?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 2, 2018

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I don't get it.

Ultimately it’s all about he bottom line. Owners are scared of the small (and unfortunately very vocal) fanbase, and with the decline in football’s popularity they’re desperate to hold onto whatever market share they can.

As for Allen, we learned in 2016 that being racist isn’t considered as bad of a thing anymore. :negative:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Over the last decade I've come to understand the most important quality a person can posses is empathy. If you can't understand what someone else has been through how can you ever grow as a person?

That and humility, understanding there are things you don't understand. Those are definitely the two big ones.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I personally believe in the core tenets of Swagger and Clutch.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 2, 2018

Nov 6, 2002

Probably Magic posted:

That and humility, understanding there are things you don't understand. Those are definitely the two big ones.

gently caress you, I know everything.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress you, I know everything.

then do you know why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ultimately it’s all about he bottom line. Owners are scared of the small (and unfortunately very vocal) fanbase, and with the decline in football’s popularity they’re desperate to hold onto whatever market share they can.

As for Allen, we learned in 2016 that being racist isn’t considered as bad of a thing anymore. :negative:

Is this even a real thing? The NFL draft broke records. Profits are still up, we know because the salary cap is still going up year after year.

It seems like mostly predicated on cable TV viewership, which is falling across the board for all shows, not just the NFL, because people are moving more and more towards streaming services.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

iospace posted:

drat now I want some cinnamon toast crunch.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is this even a real thing? The NFL draft broke records. Profits are still up, we know because the salary cap is still going up year after year.

It seems like mostly predicated on cable TV viewership, which is falling across the board for all shows, not just the NFL, because people are moving more and more towards streaming services.

I could be wrong, but the NFL may be losing viewers at a higher rate than the average ratings drop.

I could be wrong though.

Nov 6, 2002

iospace posted:

cause of 26 grams of carbs per serving

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

SKULL.GIF posted:

It sure would be cool if the NFL's streaming options didn't suck rear end.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Honestly I've been paying far more attention to the NBA this year then the NFL outside of these NV threads. And I don't even have a basketball team (lol at the Wizards).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

whypick1 posted:

How is it that baseball, king of unwritten rules and the old ways, was the first major sport to implement streaming?

Meanwhile, the NFL is "Well, you can get streaming if you have this cable provider, otherwise get hosed."

The other problem the NFL is facing is a vocal fanbase about things that are not anthem protests, but the product on the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

whypick1 posted:

Have you all never heard of reddit? I've never had a problem finding reliable streams.

• Locked thread